The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Apple got Wedge vs Google's Biggs, and Apple got an exclusive event with Ewoks sponsered by WWF.
  • Options
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    Starson wrote:

Edit: though on the whole, globally, iOS app revenue is almost double that of Android (https://www.appannie.com/insights/app-annie-index-market-q1-2016/). As such, we should get 2k crystals, 330 shards for two exclusive characters, and 20M credits.

The article which you linked does not support the claim you made.

@BlackIrish No? The graph at the top showing iOS app store revenue being 90% higher than Play revenue doesn't support my claim? Nothing in the text contradicts that.
  • Vadersghost12
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I got 15 Bristan shards and 5 of his ship shards this morning. Did android users get that too?
  • Options
    I got srp and bistan ship shards as well
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    We get SRP and Apple users get Bistan... it's soooo unfair... I'm going to delete my account... unbelievable... why do they hate android users so much! First they get Wedge and now Bistan... how is this fair!

And you got Biggs and SRP + K2SO

And we got wedge and Bistan..

Both farmable so all those "hard farmable" guys needs to calm down.
  • Snork_Solo
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I would like to make a formal apology to the mods here regarding my last post. I should never have besmirched the fine name of Burger King and their glorious Whopperito™. I've learned my lesson and shall never speak ill of those fine products again.

Having said that, I continue to read this thread because I'm hoping, foolishly, that something will be done for us lowly iOS users. I play an unhealthy amount of this game, ask my wife, and this recent event has drained the joy out of the game for me. I'm also excited for the new movie on Friday which makes me want to play this game more... but then I remember I'm not wanted here.

I promise this will be my last post in this thread. You've won, EA.
  • Options
    People are still talking about this?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yep. Ea lost my about 100 a month. You want to treat iOS users like second class citizens. Give us already farmable garbage and then the silent treatment? Well I'll use your servers, cost you money and buy NOTHING. I'll start paying again once I get a free 7* exclusive non-farmable character too.
  • Options
    Yep. Ea lost my about 100 a month. You want to treat iOS users like second class citizens. Give us already farmable garbage and then the silent treatment? Well I'll use your servers, cost you money and buy NOTHING. I'll start paying again once I get a free 7* exclusive non-farmable character too.

I am an IOS user but doing this won't fix this problem. In all honesty I don't how to fix this besides giving the droid to us same way. Though I am sure this will be a problem because of the google contract. If we are going to start with this one phone gets this char but the other gets this toon then Apple users and Android users have to be split to different servers/shards.

I am just as mad as you are about this and am speaking with my wallet but doing the same thing that was done to us won't fix the problem.
  • Cappadocius
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    People are still talking about this?

Yes, because it created a competitive imbalance and alienated a part of your user base. Once again if all things were reversed Android users would still be pushing the issue as Apple users are.

Even though it is becoming painfully clear it is falling on deaf ears.
  • Options
    I'm an iOS user and I don't care.

Am I defective?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Am I defective?

Not you're in the silent majority.
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    We get SRP and Apple users get Bistan... it's soooo unfair... I'm going to delete my account... unbelievable... why do they hate android users so much! First they get Wedge and now Bistan... how is this fair!

And that is how you troll... class dismissed!
  • Options

Am I defective?

Not at all. In all honesty I wish I was the same. I loved this game and spent money on it but for some reason this has ruined it for me. I am guessing it because of my love for the Star Wars universe and I feel like a representative of that universe just told me I am a second class citizen. The weird part is things normally don't bother me that much but this one does. I just can't explain it but I envy you.
  • Options

Im not a troll dude..
    Im an IOS player who can't see the fairness in the event you android players got when we got nothing
    If anyone is a troll it is you.

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    now its bistan vs scarif
    what the heck
  • Options

Im not a troll dude..
    Im an IOS player who can't see the fairness in the event you android players got when we got nothing
    If anyone is a troll it is you.

Yes, that was the point I was making... I trolled you... trollception... 2x bonus!
  • DimesandPennies
    427 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Courier wrote: »
    Anyone tried to compile correctly exclusive events or free goodies so far from both devices?

Android:
    • Samsung data pack (IG-86, 500 crystals, credits, 10 vader shards)
    • free char phasma
    • droids fight back event (4-6 tiers, reward droid & je shards. got rerun for both devices as well months later)
    • days of spring pack (14 day free pack contain droids shards & credits)
    • anniversary pack (biggs & his ship shards)
    • rogue one pack (stp & srp shards and some currency)
    • K2SO event & up to 3 free packs

ios:
    • free char poe dameron
    • Apps for earth event (ewok event, 2 tiers simillar to military might & packs that is not for free)
    • free *2 lando via twitter promo (redeemed through itunes code or something)
    • anniversary pack (wedge & his ship shards)

Feel free to add what i missed.

So now we can add Bistan and SRP to this ugliness.
  • Options
    I pretty much read most of the posts here. I think everything that needed to be said has been said. But I still would like to tell EA/CG this again in my own words.

It's great if you work together with other companies to provide us with events and free stuff. But really, either we all get the same or no one gets it. This game is centered around pvp, around collecting toons. Having exclusive events and giveaways for whatever limited user group goes against the very foundation of the game, providing equal possibilities for all of your players.

Now I know how EA operates and I can't say I'm a fan of what they did to the game development industry (EA pretty much shut down a handful of amazing games because they were of "greater financial risk" than yet another Battlefield or NFS, Sportsgame, whatever), but here is the thing.

You can still work with Google or Apple. splash a fullscreen Ad in our face telling us who sponsered that pack, but if you do, do it for all of us. No matter what device, os, communication channel, etc.

Plattform specific packs and events simply prove that there is absolutly no intention in keeping this game fair and balanced at all. And that's pretty much death to any game that operates around pvp.

I know the game designers at CG would be aware of that. But hell if EA doesn't get it, here's a user saying it! I pay you EA for providing me a great, fair game that is fun to play. And I do not pay you to tell me: "sorry, wrong device. You won't get that feature/toon/ship/whatever."

It's as easy as that. And it's not just because I didn't get great stuff this time around. This shouldn't ever have happend at all if EA would care about their customers. Because the very first thing that should come to any sane guys mind should be: "How does that affect the User Experience and the Game Balance?"

And in case you got to that question, then you obviously messed it up big times.

In short: Stop doing usergroup specific events now and never do it again. Either everyone gets the same for free or no one gets it.
  • Options
    Courier wrote: »
    Anyone tried to compile correctly exclusive events or free goodies so far from both devices?

Android:
    • Samsung data pack (IG-86, 500 crystals, credits, 10 vader shards)
    • free char phasma
    • droids fight back event (4-6 tiers, reward droid & je shards. got rerun for both devices as well months later)
    • days of spring pack (14 day free pack contain droids shards & credits)
    • anniversary pack (biggs & his ship shards)
    • rogue one pack (stp & srp shards and some currency)
    • K2SO event & up to 3 free packs

ios:
    • free char poe dameron
    • Apps for earth event (ewok event, 2 tiers simillar to military might & packs that is not for free)
    • free *2 lando via twitter promo (redeemed through itunes code or something)
    • anniversary pack (wedge & his ship shards)

Feel free to add what i missed.

So now we can add Bistan and SRP to this ugliness.

Bonus crystals for warehouse on ios
  • KillerSwan13
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    EA obviously doesn't care about what is said in this forum. Not a single reply since this discussion started. Why are you all continuing to complain? I will make this as clear as possible for you: EA ISN'T LISTENING. THEY DON'T CARE. It is completely preposterous, but it is what it is. We all know that ios users are not happy about the free droid that android users are getting for free. I get it. This entire discussion sounds like a broken record.
  • Options

Am I defective?

@NicWester you are actually the good guy this thread needs bro :smile:
  • Options
    Why is this a situation where us users are arguing against eachother instead of against EA? It really does not matter who got the better end of which unfair promotion. The point is that we all play on the same servers - against eachother. Giving accounts different bonuses based on their OS is going to create nothing but disparity and an unfair playing field. How hard is it to simply give everyone the same bonus?

I'm guessing part of their philosophy is that "If we give everyone the same character, then every team will be running that character and people will complain about that character being on every Arena/GW team they face...." - and that's true. As a user base we complain. We complain about pay items. We complain about free items. We complain because drop rates are too low, but then complain when we have everything maxed and have nothing to work toward. We need to all stop complaining, remember that this is a game and just enjoy it.

But still EA - start giving everyone the same opportunity for freebies. If you don't want everyone getting the same character at the same time, then give everyone the option of picking which freebie they'd like - just make them comparable options.
  • Options
    EA/CG
    Do your jobs and respond to us. We make this game stay alive by playing it and paying for it. At least tell us it's being looked at. You guys consistently show how to not run a business and quite frankly it's pathetic.
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hello, im here to give feedback on my point of view from the game based on a person that dont have android nor iphone, instead of the account being tied to iphone services or android ones, why not an account connected for origin? instead of an account being locked for a device you can enter on both and still dont get bad if a phone is broken and you want to upgrade from ios to android or vice-versa, some of the guys i spoke bought an iphone or an android to play the game and couldn't because the account was directly tied to the "enemy" of that OS, if you created an account that could work for both not only you would spot dividing the fans but also if there is a reward for iphone or android, you can get both if you own a device to unlock it, and possibly a port for the pc for those that prefer playing in front of the pc like fallout shelter have (an app instead of using a 3rd party program to play the game), people still gain the benefits from using an iphone/android and everybody is happier because you can use whatever phone you want without losing your progress.
    Regards,
    JarDorK
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Why are people talking about SRP? Did Android get this character at 7 stars?

Also...Bistan > SRP, Wedge > Biggs (by far).
    It took me a long grind to finally get Wedge, who is a seriously OP character.

Finally K2SO...Basically I expect Apple guys to get some Rogue One character (Bistan?).
    What is so impressive about K2SO? You get to use him at higher levels during the event, and it seems many tanks are better than him, maybe he would only fit in a droid team so you have only droids. Shoretrooper and Baze Malbus seem vastly superior to K2SO.
  • Options
    Im pretty gutted, Ive been a Apple user for a long time and even worked for them too. But Im pretty tired of the iPhone now and dont like what the 7 has to offer. I really want to change phone and my contract is up in two days. I WANT to move to android. but this is the only thing stopping me.
  • Options
    They should put it in the windows store
  • Options
    LOBOTION wrote: »
    They should put it in the windows store

yes, in my house i just dont have iphone because no one have apple products, and the only thing forbidding me is mostly games that only allow once side and not both, same for consoles as well :)
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    Exclusive characters should be balanced around how difficult they are to farm.

Biggs and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder compared respectively to Wedge and Bistan can be obtained more quickly and at lower level. Its understandable if iOS received better characters to make up for missing out on the Cassian deal, but for the future it would be easier to appreciate these generous gifts if exclusives were more balanced.
This discussion has been closed.