Not even a little bit.

Where you getting your numbers?

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Windom wrote: »
    I'd love to know if there has been any significant changes in revenue over the last week

It spiked up about $100k/day when the BH bundle was released, but is now back to about $120k/day (iOS only, not sure where to find Android estimates).

Probably about $20k/day for Android :smiley:
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Cappadocius
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Do you know if it dropped when the k2 so/android saga hit the fan? Thanks

Not even a little bit.

I must be reading that graph wrong because the way it shows is that it has dropped the last week. Because it went from being rated top free game at 143 down to 183. The numbers on the side are not cash right? It is where the game ranked against other ftp games? I am not a member of that site and wouldn't be surprised if I am reading it wrong but that's how it looks to me that it did lose money.

Well I guess it wouldn't for sure mean they lost money just other games are making more then it was.
  • Options

Not even a little bit.

I must be reading that graph wrong because the way it shows is that it has dropped the last week. Because it went from being rated top free game at 143 down to 183. The numbers on the side are not cash right? It is where the game ranked against other ftp games? I am not a member of that site and wouldn't be surprised if I am reading it wrong but that's how it looks to me that it did lose money.

The graph isn't necessarily actual revenue, just the rank on the chart. It could be the same money, but if other apps made more the rank can go down. But I check it most days and it's stayed above $110k/day for the last few weeks, and when the BH pack was released it spiked to $220k.

And the 143/183 is "Top Free", which is tracked by downloads not by revenue.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Not even a little bit.

Well I guess it wouldn't for sure mean they lost money just other games are making more then it was.

I just looked at that again and it does appear that you are correct. If you hover over the line, it is tracking performance against other games in the "top free" category. It appears the revenue took a big dip between Nov 30 and December 4th but it seems to have rebounded or stabalized since then.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Not even a little bit.

I just looked at that again and it does appear that you are correct. If you hover over the line, it is tracking performance against other games in the "top free" category. It appears the revenue took a big dip between Nov 30 and December 4th but it seems to have rebounded or stabalized since then.

The "Top Free" category in the App Store is not by revenue, but by download.
  • Options

Not even a little bit.

The graph isn't necessarily actual revenue, just the rank on the chart. It could be the same money, but if other apps made more the rank can go down. But I check it most days and it's stayed above $110k/day for the last few weeks, and when the BH pack was released it spiked to $220k.

And the 143/183 is "Top Free", which is tracked by downloads not by revenue.

Like I said I could be miss reading it but going by how the chart shows it dropped severely on the chart of income compared to other games. It also spiked but is going right back down again.
  • Options
    The Bounty Hunter pack came out on the 8th. So I see the 2 day spike but scrolling over it is dropping down again.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting that link though StarSon was interesting to see that information.
  • Options
    Thank you for posting that link though StarSon was interesting to see that information.

Certainly :)

And I never look at the graph, because it's just regurgitation of the chart rank from the App Store itself, easily obtainable by opening the App Store. I always just look at the $$$ amount. It's interesting to watch it fluctuate. When mods came out there was a steady decline, all the way down to $60k, and it slowly started eeking back up. Double drop weekends always see it hit near $300k. The day after BH pack it was at $220k. When they do the 25% sales it goes up a bit too, but not so dramatic as either of the other examples.
  • Options
    I guess that means those overpriced bundles will keep showing up since CG keeps raking in the cash
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Starson wrote:

Edit: though on the whole, globally, iOS app revenue is almost double that of Android (https://www.appannie.com/insights/app-annie-index-market-q1-2016/). As such, we should get 2k crystals, 330 shards for two exclusive characters, and 20M credits.

The article which you linked does not support the claim you made.
  • Shiisa
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I can see an easy fix here - just give iOS a free 7 star Revan we've been teased about and call it even ;)
  • Options
    I would have liked the bonus crystals for buying those warehouses instead of being topped out at vaults on Android.........
  • Options
    still nothing!.
  • Options
    They're actually getting the character to 7*! we demand equal gifts in ios!!

Are ios users better spenders so we're not given free characters? =0
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Cannot believe whales getting so upset over this, you guys have characters many players do not and will not attain for months/years due to your paying for the privilege (and fairly so). But along comes google spending an amount you guys cannot hope to match, to support their customers by paying for the privilege and its unfair. I truly hope Apple gets in on the action for ios users, I hope k2 eventually becomes available to all players but I see nothing unfair about the current situation.
    Google have pulled off the mother of all marketing plans and its ios users who are doing the leg work.
  • Options
    For those stating that ios should be given a free character or free gifts. Android users recieved nothing for free from ea/cg. This was bought and paid for by google.
  • Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    The final thing i'll say to Capital Games about this matter is that players have long memories.

No they dont
  • Options
    Love that after all the talk of prejudice and even racism ios users are now depicting android users as lower spenders and ios users as better spenders.
  • Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    Love that after all the talk of prejudice and even racism ios users are now depicting android users as lower spenders and ios users as better spenders.
    They always did and they will always do in future ... Its Apple's mind tricks! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    At this point I know EA/CG will do nothing to fix this. I wish they would separate our platforms if they are going to give competitive advantages to one side over the other. Treat it like Playstation and Xbox so the advantage given to Android doesn't screw apple users.

Like I said earlier in the post I won't spend anymore on it because of this mess. Not that one person really affects them.
  • Options
    Lavigkaye wrote: »
    still nothing!.
    Starbuck wrote: »
    The final thing i'll say to Capital Games about this matter is that players have long memories.

No they dont

Yes, they Dont

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Shiisa wrote: »
    I can see an easy fix here - just give iOS a free 7 star Revan we've been teased about and call it even ;)

easy fix: buy an Android Phone!

Really? You Dont have any shame to make this answer?
  • Options
    The term that many gave this ending and we continue unanswered and this topic growing ...
  • Options
    It would be nice to get Bistan as we can currently only farm him from FS and the free SRP shards make the Rogue 1 Countdown pack provide less value for money for me now. On the plus side, that's one less toon to farm from Cantina now (unless Bistan is plonked there), so I'm not complaining.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    We get SRP and Apple users get Bistan... it's soooo unfair... I'm going to delete my account... unbelievable... why do they hate android users so much! First they get Wedge and now Bistan... how is this fair!
  • Options
    DarthJT538 wrote: »
    I complained and I got banned. Looks like someone is working for Apple in these forums. JK. It's not fair. But complaining about it, isn't going to do anything, but get your account banned. I say just forget about it and move on. Just don't spend anymore.
    There are many ppl complaining and not everyone of them got banned, so you might used the wrong language! ;) (i dont know, because i havnt seen your complaint) ...
    however ignoring this, wont help either, so you rather complain and hope they finally listen ...
    @DoomeyEyes where did apple got Bistan? Never heard from it.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
This discussion has been closed.