The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Martu wrote: »
    Exclusive characters should be balanced around how difficult they are to farm.

Biggs and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder compared respectively to Wedge and Bistan can be obtained more quickly and at lower level. Its understandable if iOS received better characters to make up for missing out on the Cassian deal, but for the future it would be easier to appreciate these generous gifts if exclusives were more balanced.

People keep saying this but it is completely false. Bistan and Wedge (and his ship) for iOS and Biggs (and his ship, which is better than wedge's) and SRP for Android does not in in any way shape or form, to make up for Android users getting a 7 star K2S0 for free and iOS customers getting nothing. Nothing short of a new exclusive 7 star character would make up for that. It's really very simple to understand. .
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    +100000000000 to origin sign in thats not device specific. Annoying not to be able to play on my new phone
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    only viable compensation to iOS users
    Cvd-6JbWAAAwDTL.jpg
  • Options
    I pretty much read most of the posts here. I think everything that needed to be said has been said. But I still would like to tell EA/CG this again in my own words.

It's great if you work together with other companies to provide us with events and free stuff. But really, either we all get the same or no one gets it. This game is centered around pvp, around collecting toons. Having exclusive events and giveaways for whatever limited user group goes against the very foundation of the game, providing equal possibilities for all of your players.

Now I know how EA operates and I can't say I'm a fan of what they did to the game development industry (EA pretty much shut down a handful of amazing games because they were of "greater financial risk" than yet another Battlefield or NFS, Sportsgame, whatever), but here is the thing.

You can still work with Google or Apple. splash a fullscreen Ad in our face telling us who sponsered that pack, but if you do, do it for all of us. No matter what device, os, communication channel, etc.

Plattform specific packs and events simply prove that there is absolutly no intention in keeping this game fair and balanced at all. And that's pretty much death to any game that operates around pvp.

I know the game designers at CG would be aware of that. But hell if EA doesn't get it, here's a user saying it! I pay you EA for providing me a great, fair game that is fun to play. And I do not pay you to tell me: "sorry, wrong device. You won't get that feature/toon/ship/whatever."

It's as easy as that. And it's not just because I didn't get great stuff this time around. This shouldn't ever have happend at all if EA would care about their customers. Because the very first thing that should come to any sane guys mind should be: "How does that affect the User Experience and the Game Balance?"

And in case you got to that question, then you obviously messed it up big times.

In short: Stop doing usergroup specific events now and never do it again. Either everyone gets the same for free or no one gets it.

Thank you this is very well put
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Biggs and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder compared respectively to Wedge and Bistan can be obtained more quickly and at lower level. Its understandable if iOS received better characters to make up for missing out on the Cassian deal, but for the future it would be easier to appreciate these generous gifts if exclusives were more balanced.

People keep saying this but it is completely false. Bistan and Wedge (and his ship) for iOS and Biggs (and his ship, which is better than wedge's) and SRP for Android does not in in any way shape or form, to make up for Android users getting a 7 star K2S0 for free and iOS customers getting nothing. Nothing short of a new exclusive 7 star character would make up for that. It's really very simple to understand. .

You're confusing two separate issues. iPhone got robbed of Cassian because Apple refused the promotional event, so there I totally agree with you 3 characters are better than 2.

I was referring to exclusives in the future. Which characters are better is subjective, my argument is difficulty to farm is a better metric. If you ignore the unfortunate K-2SO/Cassian event:

Biggs can be farmed at low level 15 shards/day where Wedge requires level 72(?) at ~5 shards/day*.
    SRP is farmed from stage 1 in the Cantina vs Bistan showing up randomly for fleet tokens.

I'll grant you one platform missing out on an event is definitely a bigger issue. I think both platforms should receive characters and they should be obtainable by similar means.

* rough estimate 120 + 45 = 165 cantina energy per day / 12 energy per battle X 33% drop rate.
  • Options
    I can't believe we've had no comment from CG/EA despite this thread getting more views than the "post your ally codes" thread - which has been a core feature of the game for most of this year.
  • Options
    All I can say is, if you are dumb enough to pay through the nose, for an over prised Apple product ( let's face it, iphones are a ripp off bit of garbage) then more fool you.

Android forever.
  • Options
    As said before, the worst here is, that the franchise of this game brings out a new movie and CG doesn't much to bring out a decent event for everybody. Those everday one star battles for 30 days don't count. And that is my biggest disappointment.
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There's too much negativity in this thread. That's why they don't respond. They know they screwed up and don't have the backbone to come on here and admit it. They also refuse to do their job and actually provide updates anymore. Who knew there was a Rogue One special with Bistan/SPF shards starting today? They knew there was an exclusive event for Android and they refused to notify us before. They chickened out and wouldn't face the music after we were blindsided by it. They still are too scared to come on here and give any comments.

Now, if we were all positive and praised them, like we did when Emperor event first released, they would be on here all day long soaking up the praises.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

You're confusing two separate issues. iPhone got robbed of Cassian because Apple refused the promotional event, so there I totally agree with you 3 characters are better than 2.

I was referring to exclusives in the future. Which characters are better is subjective, my argument is difficulty to farm is a better metric. If you ignore the unfortunate K-2SO/Cassian event:

Biggs can be farmed at low level 15 shards/day where Wedge requires level 72(?) at ~5 shards/day*.
    SRP is farmed from stage 1 in the Cantina vs Bistan showing up randomly for fleet tokens.

I'll grant you one platform missing out on an event is definitely a bigger issue. I think both platforms should receive characters and they should be obtainable by similar means.

* rough estimate 120 + 45 = 165 cantina energy per day / 12 energy per battle X 33% drop rate.

Please... Give me a source about that Cassian deal?
  • JarDorK
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Martu
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Please... Give me a source about that Cassian deal?

They talked about it on a Lord Skunk live stream starting at 17:30. They first said it was a rumor then one guy claimed it was "confirmed and true" but didn't provide a source:

https://youtu.be/PP0maRKw1TQ?t=17m30s
  • Options
    They don't say how it's confirmed.
  • Options
    I do agree with what they say. We should cover all bases and contact ALL companies involved including Apple
  • Options
    My name is mol Kelly and I am a recovering whale... i haven't spent since the k2 release. Some days it's harder than others. I get crystals from arena... so I can get some refreshes here and there... I used some crystals the other day on some raid gear. I still miss the feeling of seeing the hundreds or thousands of crystals being added to my account, but I'm learning to enjoy not putting in my password like I used to.
  • Vadersghost12
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I called Apple. And all they would repeat was "this is an android exclusive event" " this is an android exclusive event" "this is an android exclusive event"

And that's funny mol
  • Options
    Android user here. Anyone else get a notification saying they got the free pack only to open the game and find it not there?
  • Options
    It's funny cause it's true... ...
  • Options
    I've dropped to rank 4-5 in ships... used to be top 3 regularly... but there's more important things than ships... like life... and Christmas presents for my fiancée... coming clean to her has been tough... she'll never know how bad it got... I haven't looked at my bank statements to tally it up, but it's embarrassing...
  • Mol_Kelly
    259 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I actually didn't tell her... but in all seriousness, I used to get crystals a bunch before this whole fiasco
  • Vadersghost12
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Android supporters aren't gonna say a word when Apple buys exclusive rights to give away a fully geared, level 85, 7* Jedi Luke right?
  • Options
    Just give everyone the same. At most you could delay or alternate the rewards for each side. Exclusives should be things that don't impact game play, like skins.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    As said before, the worst here is, that the franchise of this game brings out a new movie and CG doesn't much to bring out a decent event for everybody. Those everday one star battles for 30 days don't count. And that is my biggest disappointment.

That's the thing. I did not feel any excitement because there was nothing. Had we gotten even a box of something (a few crystals, items etc) it would be a completely different issue.

Do I feel the game celebrated the first anniversary? No. The movie? Certainly not.

I'm not a spender but bought the subscription once to speed up the progress from 80 to 85. I may have done it again sometime in the future, but I don't think I will now. It's peanuts but everything counts.
  • Options
    So this Chinese character (symbols) promo kept popping up and depositing "bronzinium level cards from Capital games" in my mailbox. This happened when I logged in 10 minutes ago pop up happened like 4 or 5 times in a few minutes. Has this happened to anyone else?I live nowhere near Asia by the way. I wish I could upload screenshots to this forum.
  • Options
    Post images on imgur and copy link here
  • Options
    Those events that come now and then that need x type of character with x stars to get shards for x character are kinda fun if you are new. But then are no good for cg making bank.

Also... As an iOS user... I will be quite bothered if we get cassin Anderson or whatever the synergy with k2 is. At least make that synergy character a available to droid when iOS can access it. Give Apple something else if at all. K2 IMO makes loads of sense for a droid promo... Just the lack of announcement was probably the most annoying.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Android supporters aren't gonna say a word when Apple buys exclusive rights to give away a fully geared, level 85, 7* Jedi Luke right?

That would be bad... If Apple gets some it should be like that first order riot trooper or something. Well actually it needs to be from rogue one. And I ain't watched that yet so I can't offer suggestions. I just know we are near saturation with rebels... Time for some empire love.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Lrrr wrote: »

That would be bad... If Apple gets some it should be like that first order riot trooper or something. Well actually it needs to be from rogue one. And I ain't watched that yet so I can't offer suggestions. I just know we are near saturation with rebels... Time for some empire love.

Why would that be bad? One point most Android users keep making is Google paid for it, so Apple users should just move along. If Apple came along and upped the ante, I'd assume Android supporters would be cool with it, you know because Apple bought it.

• Options
    Come on Apple!
This discussion has been closed.