• Panimu
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Citation or shut up.

Nut jobs. .
  • Options
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    I know there was a little dispute in forums about iOS getting Wedge while Android got Biggs, with Wedge clearly being the superior toon. My thing is, why was Wedge given away for free AT ALL??

I'm fairly sure this isn't a problem for those who are already established because most people would already have Wedge by now, so its irrelevant in that respect. Where the REAL problem lies is people who are new or people (like myself) who started again after taking a large hiatus.

This presents a problem where newer iOS users have a big advantage over newer Android users simply because they're able to obtain the powerful Wiggs combination within a week or so. Biggs is no issue to farm at all as he is in GW shipments while Wedge is unable to be farmed until node 6-F in the cantina, which won't be available to newer players for a while.

Let me give you an example. I'm in a brand new shard (I debuted at rank 4, its THAT new) but the current rank 1 isn't usually unable to be beaten because he was a Wiggs comp despite only starting last week.The only teams that can compete with him are other Wiggs comps. He has Wiggs, Lando, Akbar, RG (both of whom he got out of the Rancor Raid pack) and Chewie. My Droid comp (I brought the pack) stands ABSOLUTELY no chance at surviving Wiggs and probably won't for a number of months.

Now I have no real issues with Whales and what they do. If you have the money to spend on the game, then naturally you'd have an advantage right? Ethical or not. But when you're given one of the most powerful characters in the game FOR FREE....FREE OF CHARGE.....NO CHARGE..... its bound to cause issues at some level of the game and it has. This guy has spent a mere 50 bucks to now have one of the strongest comps in the game and easily the strongest comp available at the beginning of the game.

I really don't think EA thought this through and I wouldn't be surprised to be newer android players drop out of the game simply because they can't compete with their iOS counterparts.

Now I'll ask. How exactly does one deal with Wiggs in week 1?

TL;DR A powerful character like Wedge should NEVER be given away for free because it cause large inbalances in at least one stage of the game.

We got 30 shards of wedge, it's not a free toon, 30 shards, a 9% of the ones needed to complete him, so not that free, this android event is giving a toon impossible to get for iOS, and can even star him up, so unfair.....
    Ps: android guys got 80 shards for wiggs, not 30. So don't come up and say this is unfair to android.
  • Options
    Panimu wrote: »
    Citation or shut up.

Nut jobs. .

Android user I presume?
  • Options

Wow. Google don't pay ea for toons. Such conspiracy theories.. you're nuts

I will take your word for that, explain to me why on earth would EA give a free toon to Andriod and not for IOS? Whats in it for them ?
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    JayNyxx wrote: »
    I know there was a little dispute in forums about iOS getting Wedge while Android got Biggs, with Wedge clearly being the superior toon. My thing is, why was Wedge given away for free AT ALL??

I'm fairly sure this isn't a problem for those who are already established because most people would already have Wedge by now, so its irrelevant in that respect. Where the REAL problem lies is people who are new or people (like myself) who started again after taking a large hiatus.

This presents a problem where newer iOS users have a big advantage over newer Android users simply because they're able to obtain the powerful Wiggs combination within a week or so. Biggs is no issue to farm at all as he is in GW shipments while Wedge is unable to be farmed until node 6-F in the cantina, which won't be available to newer players for a while.

Let me give you an example. I'm in a brand new shard (I debuted at rank 4, its THAT new) but the current rank 1 isn't usually unable to be beaten because he was a Wiggs comp despite only starting last week.The only teams that can compete with him are other Wiggs comps. He has Wiggs, Lando, Akbar, RG (both of whom he got out of the Rancor Raid pack) and Chewie. My Droid comp (I brought the pack) stands ABSOLUTELY no chance at surviving Wiggs and probably won't for a number of months.

Now I have no real issues with Whales and what they do. If you have the money to spend on the game, then naturally you'd have an advantage right? Ethical or not. But when you're given one of the most powerful characters in the game FOR FREE....FREE OF CHARGE.....NO CHARGE..... its bound to cause issues at some level of the game and it has. This guy has spent a mere 50 bucks to now have one of the strongest comps in the game and easily the strongest comp available at the beginning of the game.

I really don't think EA thought this through and I wouldn't be surprised to be newer android players drop out of the game simply because they can't compete with their iOS counterparts.

Now I'll ask. How exactly does one deal with Wiggs in week 1?

TL;DR A powerful character like Wedge should NEVER be given away for free because it cause large inbalances in at least one stage of the game.

We got 30 shards of wedge, it's not a free toon, 30 shards, a 9% of the ones needed to complete him, so not that free, this android event is giving a toon impossible to get for iOS, and can even star him up, so unfair.....
    Ps: android guys got 80 shards for wiggs, not 30. So don't come up and say this is unfair to android.

Maybe that was then but Wedge is being given away FREE OF CHARGE now for iOS users. I'm guessing you already had a 7* star Wedge.
  • Options
    Both.
  • Options
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »

I will take your word for that, explain to me why on earth would EA give a free toon to Andriod and not for IOS? Whats in it for them ?

It's already been confirmed they paid for it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    3aMoOoRR wrote: »
    For A respectable company such as EA, delivering the best customer / player experience should be there No.1 objective, if google paid them to give a new character away to android users, EA should refuse their offer, because they are already making money from their customers / players.

By accepting the offer, they are losing customers and players will probably stop paying for this game. Same thing applies to Apple if they made the offer not google. In other words EA are making half of their player base unhappy and giving advantage to the other half.

Is it really worth it ?

rofl
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Can we please stop talking about the Wedge/Biggs issue? CG/EA decided that.... they thought it was fair, some people don't. Some people actually prefer to have Biggs' ship over Wedge shards etc. etc.

The decision was questionable but fine. Releasing this much exclusive stuff in a cross-platorm game with the COMMUNITY MANAGER not saying a word? Hm.... what else exactly would you expect from a CoMa? Is that guy on holiday or something?
  • Options
    Can we please stop talking about the Wedge/Biggs issue? CG/EA decided that.... they thought it was fair, some people don't. Some people actually prefer to have Biggs' ship over Wedge shards etc. etc.

The decision was questionable but fine. Releasing this much exclusive stuff in a cross-platorm game with the COMMUNITY MANAGER not saying a word? Hm.... what else exactly would you expect from a CoMa? Is that guy on holiday or something?

Seems like they thought it was fair to give Android users tons of free stuff as then.
  • Options
    The solution is clear. Sell your iPhones / iPads and buy yourself an android. Whatever you've got left over, you can spend on gems to catch back up.
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Both.
    Well then, straight back at you. Show some basic cognitive empathy in this discussion or stop trolling IOS players who've been shafted.

[Edited for language]
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    Part of this game is to promote Star Wars, like the upcoming movie. This was well done so far, but please don't tell me you only make a 10 day count down event on android and not on ios. I just can't believ that. They can do that outside such major events, but not now. Really hard to understand.
  • Options
    The best argument I have heard thus far is this.

New user iOS got Wedge
    New user Android got Biggs

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out who gets to be number 1 in squad arena first and probably will level faster plus all the bonus crystals...

Worst argument is Android users got Shoretrooper handed to them.

Uhm no we did not. The closest out of me and my sons to actually obtaining that character is one of my sons with 45/50 after the tournament and 10 shards free. Yes we all got 10 shards and if we were whales we could have purchased packs to complete the character, but frankly it is a very expensive gamble at most. In fact I have not heard of 1 single user who got more than 10 shards. It's just a gimic to make you feel like wow I have that chance. Case in point are Heist stated high end amounts nobody gets. Case in point also 0-9 on Omegas in challenges post defeating level 84 (Tier VI) of Ability Mat Challenges. They are in it, but you really don't get them often if at all.

If you think about it, it actually stings. The fact we don't have Shoretrooper even with a free pack has totally turned me off of wanting anything to do with tournaments.

IG-88 was nice if you did not already have him and were on S7

But I agree that a game should not let players be left out on either side.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Apple users got a free Wedge.

Don't forget the ewok event
  • Options

Boy, was I sad I missed that!
  • Options
    there is discrimination over android users also, one get 1 pack while the other get 3 packs. it really don't make any sense at all.
  • Options

Oh really because a free 4* toon (of which android got enough shards for a different 4* toon) and a, let's face it, not so awesome Ewok event, really holds a candle to getting a 7* BRAND NEW character?

Okay...

• Options
    This is a joke. It doesn't matter why only half the player base is getting basically a free seven star hero. There is simply no smart reason to upset and alienate half your player base with absolutely no explanation or equal compensation. It's just bad business. Thanks so much for upsetting half my guild. As if the ridiculous tournaments, spirit crushing tank raid, unnecessary level cap increase, and mod fiasco weren't enough. Bah!
  • Options
    Free 250 crystals and, as far as I know, iOS also had exclusives in the past..
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Guys,get an android phone
    I had Iphone and sucks big time....never return to it....everything is protected
    Get android
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    Come on. Didnt see ios people complaining when they got wedge stuff vs biggs that everyone already has.
  • Options
    Not only do the get the free unlock but they get to 7* it? Wow
  • Options
    Ask apple why they arent spending money tying freebies with EA.
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    iOS has had exclusives, but android also got one. It would th suprise me if iOS got one sometime to balance things out.

ios got a free Poe and droid got a free phamsa I think last December?? Been awhile so I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    It must be tough as an iOS user. The elitist, smug stereotype you all fit into, and the tantrums when you feel slighted against. Please, keeo advising EA on their business decisions. I'm sure they will listen and care.
  • Options
    Yep it's quite frankly amazing how they managed to completely alienate half the player base from one stupid decision
  • Options
    Might have too...my 4* wedge doesnt feel equal to a free bigs and new 7* toon lol
  • Options
    Don't mean to fuel your anger ... Actually I do ... But don't forget they also get the new character and an event which will over the next 10 days 7* him
  • Options
    PurePower wrote: »
    It must be tough as an iOS user. The elitist, smug stereotype you all fit into, and the tantrums when you feel slighted against. Please, keeo advising EA on their business decisions. I'm sure they will listen and care.

Becaus generalising an entire population based on their phone doesn't make you sound elitist at all ...
This discussion has been closed.