So chaze is just going to be ignored?

Replies

• Options
    I just think Chaze is another strong and balanced combo. There are enough counters for them but you're probably not going to burn them down with a Wiggs combo at this point unless the competition is very poorly modded and you aren't. To me their counter-attack is a tad strong when combined with their life-steal but that's still manageable with the right characters in-play.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Entitled, whining threads really do pile up on this forum. It's very, very simple.
    1. You clearly didn't pay for a usable Chaze, so unless there was a technical bug that prevented you from buying- live with it.
    2. Chaze is not OP. Multiple suggestions posted.
    3. Chaze SHOULD be OP. The price to obtain this duo was extremely high. In what world do people pay a premium for nothing?
    The sum of the post is essentially: "I think I should be able to beat anyone even if they PAID way more than me. Why? Because I'm entitled."
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The funny thing is you are claiming 4* gear 9.

When I started empire teams I beat gear 11 7 star.
    I started with:
    EP 5star gear 10
    Royal Guard 7, 10
    TFP 2, 7
    ShT 3, 6
    Vader 5, 7

I could. Eat wiggs lando teams with that.
    If they can beat you on defense that is something completely different.

I don't believe you.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JVU420 wrote: »
    Boba counter Chaze pretty well.

I have a 7* g11 Boba with 200 speed and he doesn't seem to do anything against them.

Try using his move "Execute" against a toon with lots of HoTs.

6NiJxqe.png

^^^my boba, under EP lead (vs chaze team).

P.S.: cheers to my friend Wallace Vasques, who insisted that I finished both Vader and Boba... best thing I've done since I begun playing... this team is so much fun!

That doesn't work too well against properly modded Chaze teams, especially against those that understand the mechanics well:

https://youtu.be/S4gzdIiEuQc
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    For those comparing Chaze to Rey, there is one major difference. Rey couldn't take out fully maxed 7* toons when she was only 4* - Chaze can.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    For those comparing Chaze to Rey, there is one major difference. Rey couldn't take out fully maxed 7* toons when she was only 4* - Chaze can.

2 rey's could though ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Usually the "nerf this" threads are useless, but this is the one time where it's totally legit
  • Options
    I haven't fought against many, but those I did, I've always won, using different team combinations, and yes there are wiggs along with them, all Gear 11.

Play the game and work on ways to best them. Coming to the forums for complaining will only increase your blood pressure, unless you're immune to most complaining like myself.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    Usually the "nerf this" threads are useless, but this is the one time where it's totally legit

Disagree. But one thing for sure they SHOULD be OP considering the price required to obtained them.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

I have a 7* g11 Boba with 200 speed and he doesn't seem to do anything against them.

6NiJxqe.png

P.S.: cheers to my friend Wallace Vasques, who insisted that I finished both Vader and Boba... best thing I've done since I begun playing... this team is so much fun!

That doesn't work too well against properly modded Chaze teams, especially against those that understand the mechanics well:

It does work for me against Chaze teams with better mods than I have. Also every team loses on defense. The AI has zero understanding of the mechanics.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Osisiv wrote: »

Disagree. But one thing for sure they SHOULD be OP considering the price required to obtained them.

top100 tourney and "some" shard shop currency = available for f2p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Get out troll...
  • RiseOfBoxandthefuzz
    180 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The Chaze combo is entirely too OP. Since when was using 4* g9 characters supposed to be the total win condition? There's no real counter to them and they make every team unstoppable even at low star and gear. Do we just go in arena and hope that we don't run into Chaze? I'm sitting at #10 in arena right now and really wanna break into single digits but each team has Chaze and they just simply destroy me before I can even hurt them. I have never made a "nerf (insert character)" thread, because honestly, every character so far that everyone has thought was OP or under balanced, really hasn't been. However, Chaze needs to be looked at.

No counter?
    https://youtu.be/IQ1tL6qoCvU
    https://youtu.be/Q-jOxwA_KzU
    https://youtu.be/mCJb07ACFgw

Chaze is fine, albeit annoying. The meta has changed. Cleary your team has not. Adapt.
  • Options

6NiJxqe.png

who was your 5th?
  • Options
    Osisiv wrote: »
    Entitled, whining threads really do pile up on this forum. It's very, very simple.
    1. You clearly didn't pay for a usable Chaze, so unless there was a technical bug that prevented you from buying- live with it.
    2. Chaze is not OP. Multiple suggestions posted.
    3. Chaze SHOULD be OP. The price to obtain this duo was extremely high. In what world do people pay a premium for nothing?
    The sum of the post is essentially: "I think I should be able to beat anyone even if they PAID way more than me. Why? Because I'm entitled."

Seriously? You think because I decided not to waste 100's on a character that I should not be able to beat it? I spend money on this game, plenty of money in fact. But im not stupid enough to waste 100's gambling for shards or buying some character that's gonna get nerfed or suffer a power creep. You are truly an ****, that was the most ignorant response i've seen in a while.
  • Options

I completely agree.
  • Options
    The Chaze combo is entirely too OP. Since when was using 4* g9 characters supposed to be the total win condition? There's no real counter to them and they make every team unstoppable even at low star and gear. Do we just go in arena and hope that we don't run into Chaze? I'm sitting at #10 in arena right now and really wanna break into single digits but each team has Chaze and they just simply destroy me before I can even hurt them. I have never made a "nerf (insert character)" thread, because honestly, every character so far that everyone has thought was OP or under balanced, really hasn't been. However, Chaze needs to be looked at.

No counter?

Chaze is fine, albeit annoying. The meta has changed. Cleary your team has not. Adapt.

Oh yeah, let me just unlock GK real quick and zeta my Barriss so that I can counter a 4* character. Get real.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

6NiJxqe.png

Or when chaze is on offense.... Seriously that is the difference maker. "who is on offense?" If it's Empire, they can beat chaze.. relatively easily all other things being equal.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Op should invest in some decent mods. All ppl crying nerf should. And so what if all toons and teams arent equal? Game would be pretty boring if they were.
  • Options
    LedsenHund wrote: »
    Op should invest in some decent mods. All ppl crying nerf should. And so what if all toons and teams arent equal? Game would be pretty boring if they were.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Get out troll...

How is that trolling? You said your Boba doesn't work. Even though a pic was posted in here of Boba doing a 60k crit to one of your "problem toons." I pointed out the ability that does that.

I am totally in favor of bringing up imbalances, and discussing how the game could be better. Some of the best changes to the game started as complaints here. But your complaint doesn't hold water. Chaze is easily beaten by a variety of free toons, just not the same old Meta. It will take time to farm new teams to beat them, but they can be totally owned by the right squads.

BTW, if pointing out the solution to your problem is trolling, then I find the issue you raise to be feigning ignorance in the face of photographic evidence that you're wrong for the purpose of gaslighting the forum.

• Options

No counter?

Oh yeah, let me just unlock GK real quick and zeta my Barriss so that I can counter a 4* character. Get real.

1. Barris isn't on my squad. The opponent had a zetaed Barris.
    2. If you aren't on your way to unlocking Kenobi yet and aren't in a competitive guild or haven't got zetas yet, how on earth to expect to crack top ten and be competitive?

Stop being entitled.
  • Options
    Trying to keep this constructive. Just some feedback based on what I've seen so far.

1. We need to get over the whole 7-star versus 4-star character, things have changed and max gear well modded characters are entirely competitive.

2. Boba Fett can be used to help counter Chaze. I've taken max gear Chirruts with max gear from 100% to dead with Execute many times because he had enough hots. I've also had my own Baze get crushed for 55K crits.

3. Zeta is part of the game now and more and more part of the meta. They're difficult to get, not impossible; it's a part of the game that needs to be embraced. Even new characters are coming out with zeta's, old characters keep getting updated with zetas, just need to get on-board.
  • Options
    Trying to keep this constructive. Just some feedback based on what I've seen so far.

1. We need to get over the whole 7-star versus 4-star character, things have changed and max gear well modded characters are entirely competitive.

2. Boba Fett can be used to help counter Chaze. I've taken max gear Chirruts with max gear from 100% to dead with Execute many times because he had enough hots. I've also had my own Baze get crushed for 55K crits.

3. Zeta is part of the game now and more and more part of the meta. They're difficult to get, not impossible; it's a part of the game that needs to be embraced. Even new characters are coming out with zeta's, old characters keep getting updated with zetas, just need to get on-board.

Thank you. +1
  • Options
    I think Baze/Chirrut should be buffed. There are multiple toons that can dispel all their buffs, or prevent them from gaining buffs. And there are multiple toons that do extra damage for removing status effects. How is it fair that I one shot killed a Baze with a free toon? It's not hard to do 50-100k damage or more to them because of their crippling liability of gaining HoTs constantly. They have such a giant, glaring weakness. It's embarrassing. Buff them now.

Preach!
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

No counter?

1. Barris isn't on my squad. The opponent had a zetaed Barris.
    2. If you aren't on your way to unlocking Kenobi yet and aren't in a competitive guild or haven't got zetas yet, how on earth to expect to crack top ten and be competitive?

Stop being entitled.

BOX!!!!! Well said.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options

Excellent analysis.

how many posts about "I have a 3*,4* character that I can't farm and they are useless" has there been?? Seems someone was listening and started making these lower star characters useable.
  • Options
    People defending chaze are missing the point. I struggled mightily against them but since I've discovered strategies to beat them; however, that doesn't mean that they're balanced or okay. I strongly believe that Baze is useful even without the massive health pool and auto taunt thanks to his dispelling kit. Most dispellers have one move to dispel; Baze has two including an aoe dispel, and plus he benefits from turn meter gains when other toons gain buffs. If you take away his dispelling kit, Baze is still useful thanks to his auto taunt and synergy with Chirrut. Combined, they make him op because no other toons do that.

Chirrut is useful simply for his ability to equalize heal and cleanse/provide tenacity up in the same move. Even without that move, he'd still be useful thanks to his speed and damage and his ability to stack heal over times on allies. Combine them all together and he becomes op. That's the point
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    People defending chaze are missing the point. I struggled mightily against them but since I've discovered strategies to beat them; however, that doesn't mean that they're balanced or okay. I strongly believe that Baze is useful even without the massive health pool and auto taunt thanks to his dispelling kit. Most dispellers have one move to dispel; Baze has two including an aoe dispel, and plus he benefits from turn meter gains when other toons gain buffs. If you take away his dispelling kit, Baze is still useful thanks to his auto taunt and synergy with Chirrut. Combined, they make him op because no other toons do that.

Chirrut is useful simply for his ability to equalize heal and cleanse/provide tenacity up in the same move. Even without that move, he'd still be useful thanks to his speed and damage and his ability to stack heal over times on allies. Combine them all together and he becomes op. That's the point

So just because no one in the past could do it means it shouldn't be done.....
  • Options

Baze is very, very well-rounded; I agree with you there. But the thing about these toons is that they've got glaring weaknesses, many of which have already been mentioned. Another I'd like to mention is the ability to abuse Baze's retribution to feed your team turn meter with STHan; ability block him for two turns with Boba and you'll get a solid five turns before the playing ground levels out.

A note about Chirrut—he can either equalize health and give tenacity up OR equalize health and change debuffs to HoT, not both at the same time. This make him INCREDIBLY prone to Boba's Execute under Vader Zeta; when he cleanses, the number of status effects is doubled, essentially inviting immediate death for the toon of your choice. You can bet the AI will make that mistake.

Even with all of the power considered, we have plenty of ways to take these dudes out. The acceptable power level has certainly increased, but the ways to meet that power level have widened greatly from the days of Ben-Rey-QGJ-GS-RG.