GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    My first battle was against 6*'s at level 64 then it just got worse and with 6 battles to go I faced 5 teams all 7* level 66 followed by the last battle (which was impossible to win) all 7*'s level 68 so who apart from p2p players who can say they have enough characters maxed out to compete with that coz I don't I'm amazed I even got to the last battle with 678 retreats and repeats aswell as using my whole squad of characters it was a miracle in its self but seriously there ain't even enough healers in the game to fight 12 battles in a row with ur top team let alone fighting like it's an arena battle 12 times in a row plus I cant refresh my characters but the enemy can and also with different synergies! Has anyone else had this experience? Of climbing Mount Everest with no arms while blind and paralysed coz this was my first time and I hope it's the last
  • Options
    I had the same experience today for the first time in ages I couldn't complete GW with one battle to go and that's bcoz I face 6 teams in a row fully maxed out at 7*'s so ur right but it hasn't happened to everyone yet I'm guessing judging by some ppl's reponses but I'm sure it will
  • Options
    I love the new update for GW for one simple reason; your choices don't have to matter. For example, you jump in, and try and use Eeth Koth's Force Push to stun the enemy Sid, and it misses. No big deal, retreat and start again with a different tactic, maybe try and stun their Lumi instead. You lose a toon, retreat and swap them out for someone else until you win with all characters surviving (unless you physically can't). I've won every single GW since this update by just using this tactic, and before hand I'd only won maybe three using the old retreat tactic. Anyone else like me?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    More than enough GW threads out there, including the stickied one up top.

But I do love your avatar pic. Awesome costume. :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    I like it.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I actually got a Vader shard today woots
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I dont like it for that reason. Doesnt have strategy behind it, you just play the RNG game.

Doesnt feel throught provoking or challenging at all, and is even boring imo as you repeat the same steps over and over until you get the desired outcome.

Might as well be just as excited from flipping a coin and calling heads 1000 times lol.

To each his own though, glad you like it.
  • Options
    No difference here. I've been force closing since I started. Never bothered trying to retreat.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Wait until you see the complete gw 100/500/1000 times achievement lmao. I too think it needs work though but I dont want the current designers touching it.
  • Options
    The more posts like this I see, the more I come to the inescapable conclusion that it's not GW that's the problem, it's the players own failings.
  • Options
    Finish GW and even under the darkest cloud, a ray of sunlight will shine on you, until the end of your days. Amen
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Keep GW. It's great
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    GW depends on your server as you are operating in a gated community.

If you are in an insane server with strong players.

Tough luck

Whether you didn't spend money or fell behind because you didn't farm efficiently.

As you start to fall behind and the gap just widens over time. So once u struggle for a week or two. Its hard to come back from.

I spent $50 bucks at the start and have been able to keep up top 20 arena rank if I snipe.
  • Options
    The devs really need to respond how GW is set up. When I was level 53, I was battling level 58-60's and getting my **** handed to me. When I hit 55 with my droid team, I could beat the level 58-60 guys and I've finished GW for a week straight. I'm at 59 now and GW is a cake walk but no one will answer how it works: I'm ranked in the top 5 everyday so I doubt arena rank is important.
  • Options
    EA just didn't realise that they are turning players off with their recent fixes on GW.

Why can't there be a win win situation? Even if every one has an easier time, it is still balanced cause we all get 1200 at end of day. Most importantly, we all have fun.

But no, they make it so that some has an easy time while others have a hard time with those killer squads popping up. Is it fair? Definitely not now. And it kills the fun for the majority. Strategy? Restarting the game and targeting different opponents, hoping your stun lands is not strategy. Sending in suicide squad cause we can't take the specials by the enemy team is just cheese like the past, just that now you can't heal up after that and have reusable suicide squad.

More and more people will just leave this game if that is what they are hoping for with the fixes.
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Level 68 here. Today is January 30th, and I must say....gw just became hell for me. Came across maxed starred, purple geared level 65 team at node 4, and then maxed level 68 5th node. Either I Got rng jackpot or devs recently updated gw to be a lot more challenging as they have wanted it to be designed. Looks like I got a steep mountain to climb today. Anybody else sharing the same experience?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    [

With that being said, GW is ment to be a challenge. If ever aspect of the game is easy and you are able to blow past it right away then you will become bored.
    It's not a challenge. It's not dificult. It's just UNFAIR. I clean it without losing anybody, and without retreating to test different RNG seeds. I don't even use s special GW squad, just out there my arena squad and sometimes sub in a healer if somebody is hurt from previos battle and Lumi is on cooldown, or add Poggle or some other dude I want to play for fun. I wreck it. I could do it with autopilot.

Am I some kind of strategic genius? Nop. Do I have a great roster full of 7*VIII? Nop. Why do I win so easy, then? BECAUSE I DON'T FACE THOSE TEAMS YOU DO. Because matchmaking system is not hard, just unfair. I don't know why. I don't know if it is because I don't have 7* yet (I keep my guys at 6* and unlock new, as I like the colector aspecto of the game too). Maybe it's because my server is newer. Maybe is because the timezone I play. I don't know (nobody knows, as devs in general believe that system ignorance somehow add to the player experience). I just know that I see those 7* chromium only teams you guys screenshoted, and I realize my GW is totslly diferent. And I'm sure plenty of people who finish it daily also have easier GW than others who don't. Maybe there is a reason. Maybe it's because of the 7*, who knows. But as we play blindly, it seems just arbitrary
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bariss, Dooku, Kylo and Rey aren't P2W.

Yes they are because people by a ton of crystals to buy a ton of energy to shard farm. Just because they have farmable locations doesnt mean theyre f2p. Yes u can obtain them if ur f2p, but not as fast as people who have loads of crystals and people who bought the $100 force awakens pack

Rey is Hard to get. The other guys are in cantina, they are as f2p as Geo Soldier or Luke. Just need higher level

EDIT: besides that, I kill it everyday using IG86, IG88, HK47, GeoSol, Luminara as main squad, and occasionally sub out IG88 and add Fives, Poggle, Daka, Jedi Consular or Phasma, depending of my mood. None of them is maxed (main team is 6* mostly). Those are F2P characters. I beat it everyday. I don't need to retreat except maybe once or twice if IG88 is too squishy for certain teams (and I don't "game the RNG". Just take him out and put a sturdier char in). And I don't use some obscure tactic, just your typical stuff: target glass cannons first, etc. I win, because the matchmaking system says so.

IF we knew how it works, we could use it to provide some advice. Maybe not 7* guys until you can do with several at once, who knows. The problem is de don't know. And such, the biggest influence in GW success, is the random enemy generator.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    About the highst rank thing on reddit: I got #2 a couple of times. Still have easier GW than those screenshot here.
  • Options
    Can anyone help me?
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Arena: phasma lead, poe, qgj, fotp, leia/poggle/old ben
    GW: theres a guide for that but basically bariss lead + 2 healers + 2 dps
  • bttbbt
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My team for GW is Sid (Leader) 6* lvl 66, Lumi 7* lvl 66, Daka 5* lvl 64, Boba 5* lvl 64, and HK47 7* lvl 66, they are all at gear VIII. I passed the seventh GW today, I think this team works:)
  • Options
    "Oh I can't win", "oh it's too hard", "oh it's not fair", get over it !

You've posted this all across the forum, stop trolling and spend more for bragging rights
  • Options
    Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted. So back to reality. Should have made this clear right at the beginning. So all you whiners/complainers now just get on with it.

You've posted this all across the forum, stop trolling and spend more for bragging rights
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I was level 66 when I hit the refresh and it was going pretty easy until this...
    http://imgur.com/ZJl5ojP
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Devs said GW was always meant to be endgame content and was supposed to be a challenge and that your not supposed to be able to complete it until you were high enough and had a deep enough roster.
    If your lvl 60 then your not endgame yet and ritefully should be having issues and facingbteams higher gear/lvl then you in an attempt to prevent you from completing it.
    If all thats happening, then GW is working as intended and if you push forward, buikd your roster, and lvl up you will soon be back to the point where GW is no challenge at all.

Hang in there pal
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    About the highst rank thing on reddit: I got #2 a couple of times. Still have easier GW than those screenshot here.

#3 for me and usually the same. I still bloody hate the "reload and try over 20 times" method of "strategy" in GW now, but many people have it worse than me even though my A team and bench are stronger.
    Matchmaking is seriously busted and has been since day one. If anything, it seems to be getting worse.
    I also saw that smug "ha ha ya highest rank ever we meant it that way" post on Reddit. Really **** me off when developers act like that when folks are frustrated. And why are they posting there and not here?
    There seem to be a lot of people at EA who STILL do not understand that "challenging" and "irritating" do not have to be the same thing. And judging by the complete radio silence on this forum from CG over the last 10 days, I don't think they much care, either.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.