GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Puglio wrote: »
    I do not think it has anything to do with winning or losing or how far you get in GW the previous day
    Sure it does not. I have beaten it 22 times in a row, yedterday was the easiest one I remember
  • ThewhiteonE
    658 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The biggest tip I can give as a lvl 52 f2p is: don't be afraid to heal early. This is even more true if you can see your team is going to take a beating before you can get an attack off & even more so if you have a nice lumi with her secondary heal on toons turn.

The key to a successful GW is to know when to use a suicide squad for minimal/medium damage but ability leaches (toons that make the enemy team use taunts & uniques/special attacks). Once most specials are on cool down, send in your main & wipeout.

Truly, the last 5 days I've had no troubles finishing GW but before these 5 days I had never won a GW for the same reasons stipulated above. But after trying a few new things like same team just different spot placement, retreating, suicide squads, ect, I'm able to finish GW no hassles.

My team all 4 star, lvl 6 gear : *Lumi, Sid, chewie, Talia & GS + borrowed phasma. Job = done!

* = leader
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    If you can't beat GW there is no way you can survive in arena lol.

I beg to differ. I am rank 70 in arena, around 24,000 power. I can't beat GW

That is.... sad.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    My level 48 alt account has been facing level 58's in GW on the 3rd node. That's just plain not fair. I normally can complete it but when this happens it pretty much impossible. This isn't a one time thing either the other day it was another opponent 8 level higher than me.
  • Options
    It looks at your WALLET!

haha nice and it is probably more accurate than anything else.

It' be nice if they would honestly say how the whole GW thing works. Seems way too many people lately are bringing up the same complaint for it to merely be random and not some stealth change they brought in with the last two mini updates. These are people who have been doing GW for a while so there is enough of a sample size for them to say something has changed.
  • Options
    So I just hit level 60 today have full gear for that level on my main GW team. Have been able to beat GW everyday since I started until yesterday. Top 100ish in arena. Yesterday I was against 3 teams like this one in pic below at round 5. I quit yesterday at round 8. Today I see this one and wow it's annoying at round 8.

I could probably beat it but no way i can without losing my A team or having them all red for next round so not gonna try and am thinking why should i even continue playing at all if this is what I have to face everyday now? I sent in my scrubs and they only took sid down to half power. Then when they all died and I brought my A team in he was back to full hp? This is not a fun game game mode when I'm 4 levels lower than them. And the last fight I was against all level 63 guys. Not enjoying the fact that the better i make my team the less chance I have at winning GW. Something really needs to be done about this matchmaking!

P3ubHdq.png
  • Options
    Don't target Sid with the suicide squad, whenever a hero dies sid restores quite a lot of health due to his unique ability.
  • Options
    I had some better luck today it seems. The worst group I faced were some random lvl 64s. I do truly wonder how the matchmaking works; is it random or based on other statistics.
  • Options
    Don't target Sid with the suicide squad, whenever a hero dies sid restores quite a lot of health due to his unique ability.

Ya I just learned this the hard way :)

So I went ahead and played it a few times. That 4 star dooku with all his gear could take my entire team by himself basically. And that JC was basically one shotting my guys.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. The 2nd half of GW is when it starts to get tough, and seemingly similar powered opponents are for some reason doing WAY more damage than they should. You really need a deep and strong bench to complete it. For the above match, I would have sent in 3 lv 1s to blow sids aoe and maybe dookus Lightning, then send in 5 more level 1s to blow poggles offense buff and hopefully JCs force blast and hk's aoe. They should then be much easier to deal with.

With scrubs or a team B, focusing on Sid may or may not be advisable, depending on if you can kill him or not. He heals each time someone is defeated, so if you had him at 50% when you were defeated, it's entirely possible for him to have healed up fully. Currently my Sid heals for 17.5% for each character killed. If you can't kill him, it would be best to keep retreating to kill someone else or at least deeply wound someone without JC getting a heal off. Your team A should be able to take it from there (I don't know your team or bench so can't say for sure). You might not have been able to finish the full 12 rounds, but it might have gotten you 1 more chest.

Edit: FWIW round 8 is where I generally start to have to retreat and strategize more. It seems to pick up at that spot every day for me. Like the enemy is doing 1.5X damage and crits and dodges.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    I totally understand where you are coming from. The 2nd half of GW is when it starts to get tough, and seemingly similar powered opponents are for some reason doing WAY more damage than they should. You really need a deep and strong bench to complete it. For the above match, I would have sent in 3 lv 1s to blow sids aoe and maybe dookus Lightning, then send in 5 more level 1s to blow poggles offense buff and hopefully JCs force blast and hk's aoe. They should then be much easier to deal with.

With scrubs or a team B, focusing on Sid may or may not be advisable, depending on if you can kill him or not. He heals each time someone is defeated, so if you had him at 50% when you were defeated, it's entirely possible for him to have healed up fully. Currently my Sid heals for 17.5% for each character killed. If you can't kill him, it would be best to keep retreating to kill someone else or at least deeply wound someone without JC getting a heal off. Your team A should be able to take it from there (I don't know your team or bench so can't say for sure). You might not have been able to finish the full 12 rounds, but it might have gotten you 1 more chest.

I sent in my B team which are all around level 50 - 60. I was able to attack 3 times before they were all dead cause of the speed of this team plus dooku. And ya i learned my lesson about sid lol

And to your edit, ya usually around 9 is where I have to send in my scrubs as fodder. This is two days in a row I have faced way stronger teams from round 5 onwards now. Only 10 shards short of 7 lum too :(
  • Options
    As you progress and lvl up it will become easier. Also your opponents are chosen at random so some days will be harder than others. Dont get discouraged and enjoy the challenge because eventually when you have a deeper roster it will become too easy and you will be wishing that it was still a challenge
  • Options
    @Cecton Great post and no blamegame or walls of text :D
    Anyway I did notice it gets harder but I still complete it on a daily base. Even when facing Dooku/Sid nightmare comps.
    Using a main team:

Barriss (L)
    Lumi
    Sid
    Phasma
    FotP (or Asajj)

Easy to clear all with. Sometimes I swap to nightsister team (suicide squad):

Asajj (L) max gear 7*
    NS initiate max gear 6*
    Talia max gear 7*
    Daka 5* max gear
    Poe/Kylo

Easy to take a Dooku out with non Jedi, that's basicly the trick. Same goes for Sid. Sometimes I swap FotP in team B for some extra nuke.
    You gotta play with some hard setups and maybe restart once or twice before you complete it.
    Usually takes me around 40 mins to complete.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    PS: the increase is also because people are maxing out gear. Remember gear is one of the most important factors on which you can win or lose. Thing is that you never see the opponents gear (except that it's purple), so you can't tell if it's gear VII / VIII or IX.
    But yes it is harder a bit, tho not unbeatable.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Cecton Great post and no blamegame or walls of text :D
    Anyway I did notice it gets harder but I still complete it on a daily base. Even when facing Dooku/Sid nightmare comps.
    Using a main team:

Barriss (L)
    Lumi
    Sid
    Phasma
    FotP (or Asajj)

Easy to clear all with. Sometimes I swap to nightsister team (suicide squad):

Asajj (L) max gear 7*
    NS initiate max gear 6*
    Talia max gear 7*
    Daka 5* max gear
    Poe/Kylo

Easy to take a Dooku out with non Jedi, that's basicly the trick. Same goes for Sid. Sometimes I swap FotP in team B for some extra nuke.
    You gotta play with some hard setups and maybe restart once or twice before you complete it.
    Usually takes me around 40 mins to complete.

Thanks I changed my approach slightly today to be more healer centric and it was a bit easier. Although as I mentioned I didn't face any death squads of maxed Sid Dooku Poe Daka Kylo today. I am wondering if Ackbar would be a good character to invest in to remove all the debuffs in GW.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Also your opponents are chosen at random so some days will be harder than others.

Actually, as discussed ad nauseam in the various Galactic War threads, no one has any idea how opponents are chosen. And EA devs have been silent on this point - which is part of the frustration of many players (F2P and P2P alike).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I've NEVER had an easy GW draw.
    Cecton wrote: »
    What ? how is playing with barris/lumi/jc is hard for you to win GW ?? its not PvP, its GW, use healers, not dmg. there's no way you would lose with 3 healers and barris/lumi as leaders. just no way.
    and no, i didnt notice any diffuclt incease at level 60, perhaps because there's any.

rly this forum is full with threads about "how hard GW", when its very easy with healer teams... Im not saying upgrade barris instead of kylo, cuz that will be very bad for PvP, but barris and lumi before everyone in GW. EVERYONE

This is obvious, however what I'm getting at is that I have been coming across highly overpowered groups midway through GW that eat through my team. These teams are wrecking Lumi JC and Barriss because they all have Sid Dooku and Kylo leveled up and they can't get off proper heals because they are either stunned, heal debuffed or dead.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8723/lets-stop-the-gw-whining-guide?new=1

here ya go. try to upgrade them a bit. :)

Is there an ignore feature on this board? When a troll goes into another thread and links his troll thread its time for the a$$ to go bye bye
    This. Please. I'd pay $10.99 for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    As you progress and lvl up it will become easier. Also your opponents are chosen at random so some days will be harder than others. Dont get discouraged and enjoy the challenge because eventually when you have a deeper roster it will become too easy and you will be wishing that it was still a challenge

The standard response of many who refuse to be critical of the app.

Here's the problem with that logic:

By how it is now for people like that facing multiple teams higher level and better than theirs, they are missing out on a lot of key rewards which would help them level up and improve their team so it is totally **** backwards. People who need the help should be able to get it easier than those who don't need it.

I've completed the GW every day since the update so it's not like I am simply talking about myself...I just think it's pretty lame seeing others recently get stacked teams midway in their GW that they won't be able to beat and that these people are getting screwed out of solid stuff that they need to improve their squads.

It's plain as day the design is to benefit the big spenders at the expense of everyone else. Don't want to or can't afford to drop cash on a weekly basis? Too bad as we don't care about you as a player. I realize it is just par for this style of app design but it sure is silly and I much prefer real game where you pay at the start, you work for your rewards and there is no design to try and keep milking the crazies for cash.

For the title of this thread, I'd say that would encourage me to want to quit. When I see something that is designed to continually try and stonewall me and urge me to pay up and do things a certain way then I will not reward the people behind that and will just say screw it and move onto something better designed.

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I've NEVER had an easy GW draw.
    Cecton wrote: »
    What ? how is playing with barris/lumi/jc is hard for you to win GW ?? its not PvP, its GW, use healers, not dmg. there's no way you would lose with 3 healers and barris/lumi as leaders. just no way.
    and no, i didnt notice any diffuclt incease at level 60, perhaps because there's any.

rly this forum is full with threads about "how hard GW", when its very easy with healer teams... Im not saying upgrade barris instead of kylo, cuz that will be very bad for PvP, but barris and lumi before everyone in GW. EVERYONE

This is obvious, however what I'm getting at is that I have been coming across highly overpowered groups midway through GW that eat through my team. These teams are wrecking Lumi JC and Barriss because they all have Sid Dooku and Kylo leveled up and they can't get off proper heals because they are either stunned, heal debuffed or dead.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/8723/lets-stop-the-gw-whining-guide?new=1

here ya go. try to upgrade them a bit. :)

Is there an ignore feature on this board? When a troll goes into another thread and links his troll thread its time for the a$$ to go bye bye
    This. Please. I'd pay $10.99 for it.

+1
  • Options
    GW just needs a lot of 7* toons rotate in and out with healing etc its easy but i can see your roster is nowhere near good enough yet exactly like mine.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    As a follow up to shimmy's excellent post, the frustrating part of this discussion is that the change after some of the people pointing it out paid for this or that. In that sense, the "update" (i.e. change) is very "bait and switch". You paid for a game experience that has since been changed since you "bought" it - and without explanation.

• Options

Exactly :).
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    Also your opponents are chosen at random so some days will be harder than others.

Actually, as discussed ad nauseam in the various Galactic War threads, no one has any idea how opponents are chosen. And EA devs have been silent on this point - which is part of the frustration of many players (F2P and P2P alike).

Even if we dont know the means to which the opponents are chosen, you still have to agree that some days are easy while others can be a challenge.
    shimmy wrote: »

The standard response of many who refuse to be critical of the app.

Here's the problem with that logic:

By how it is now for people like that facing multiple teams higher level and better than theirs, they are missing out on a lot of key rewards which would help them level up and improve their team so it is totally **** backwards. People who need the help should be able to get it easier than those who don't need it.

I've completed the GW every day since the update so it's not like I am simply talking about myself...I just think it's pretty lame seeing others recently get stacked teams midway in their GW that they won't be able to beat and that these people are getting screwed out of solid stuff that they need to improve their squads.

It's plain as day the design is to benefit the big spenders at the expense of everyone else. Don't want to or can't afford to drop cash on a weekly basis? Too bad as we don't care about you as a player. I realize it is just par for this style of app design but it sure is silly and I much prefer real game where you pay at the start, you work for your rewards and there is no design to try and keep milking the crazies for cash.

For the title of this thread, I'd say that would encourage me to want to quit. When I see something that is designed to continually try and stonewall me and urge me to pay up and do things a certain way then I will not reward the people behind that and will just say screw it and move onto something better designed.

There are many issues with this app in which to be critical off because its not perfect. But if it frustrates you so much than you can just walk away and play something else. Games are ment to be fun and no game will ever appeal to 100% of gamers.

With that being said, GW is ment to be a challenge. If ever aspect of the game is easy and you are able to blow past it right away then you will become bored. Before the update i was beating GW about 75% of the time. Now after the update I have beaten it every day. Sometimes I beat it with using just 7 different characters, while other days it takes most of my roster including my low lvl toon to bate out special attacks so that when I come in with my stronger team, I will have an easier time.

Its all about strategy and trying out different combinations when you are facing tough teams and its not impossible to beat teams that are 4 or 5 levels higher. I dont have a deep roster like P2P players and yet I have enjoyed the challenge and the urge to continue to improve my characters is what has kept me addicted to the game. If everything was just handed out to us and we all just had all characters at max stars, lvl, and gear, I would have stopped playing weeks ago from boredom.
  • Options
    As a follow up to shimmy's excellent post, the frustrating part of this discussion is that the change after some of the people pointing it out paid for this or that. In that sense, the "update" (i.e. change) is very "bait and switch". You paid for a game experience that has since been changed since you "bought" it - and without explanation.

The game is constantly being updated, balanced, and expanded. The game is almost like an MMO but in a smaller scale. If you have ever played any TCG or CCG on a mobile devise then you would know exactly what to expect. Players complain about the game being expensive and how the devs are greedy but don't think about how its a small team working on the game constanly every day trying to add new content. This is not like normal console games in which you pay $60 to get an experience and once you beat the game thats it. This game will continue to change and evolve over time. You dont have to spend money, they are not forcing you. Just understand that it will take longer as a F2P.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    So I just hit level 60 today have full gear for that level on my main GW team. Have been able to beat GW everyday since I started until yesterday. Top 100ish in arena. Yesterday I was against 3 teams like this one in pic below at round 5. I quit yesterday at round 8. Today I see this one and wow it's annoying at round 8.

I could probably beat it but no way i can without losing my A team or having them all red for next round so not gonna try and am thinking why should i even continue playing at all if this is what I have to face everyday now? I sent in my scrubs and they only took sid down to half power. Then when they all died and I brought my A team in he was back to full hp? This is not a fun game game mode when I'm 4 levels lower than them. And the last fight I was against all level 63 guys. Not enjoying the fact that the better i make my team the less chance I have at winning GW. Something really needs to be done about this matchmaking!

P3ubHdq.png

just quit, b/c you're a little cry baby. Guess what i'm lvl 64 and i'm facing lvl 70's in GW. Take the bullet use your bteam, die swap your A team in and then progress. Maybe your next one will be lvl 59, it happens.
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    GW has been VERY trivial lately.

Keep Barriss as lead and swap in and out other characters as needed. <3

That is not correct at all. My 5* barriss is gear capped at 4575 power. The 5 man team I use has a rating of 25,037 and I will literally face teams that will one shot my characters still. It's not uncommon to lose 2-3 guys before I get a turn with the Poe teams.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Heads up. I had read that someone was level 70 and did not finish GW.

I am level 69 (800 exp from level 70) and today's GW was nearly impossible. I have every toon except 2 unlocked. I was normally able to clear GW with my team of Bariss, Lumi, JC, FOTP, and Rey. Today I had to use 4-5 suicide teams (with good strength) to clear GW. These were near max characters like Sid, QGJ, Poe, Phasma, Kylo Ren, etc.

Be sure to prepare powerful B, C, & D teams for the upper level GW.
  • Options
    **** Gw! It took me forever to finnish this ******* **** the difficulty is so ridiculous!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    m6XhN6L.jpg

been using the same 5 throughout and the final 47 were consecutive wins (I'm lvl 68 now)

lumi, dooku, jc, sid, daka. dooku and daka are 5*
    mighty chlorians