GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    So I just need her at 4 star and geared?

Yup. If you plan to use her on your arena team or A-team in GW I'd suggest continuing to star past 4. But for darkside missions that fine.
  • Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    This thread is making me wand to create a third and fourth suicide team to eliminate the Poe taunts and Poggle buffs. Some of these GW teams are crazy!

you can farm QGJ now and one of the nightsister really good in GW if you want to remove enemies buff
  • Options
    GW has been VERY trivial lately.

Keep Barriss as lead and swap in and out other characters as needed. <3
  • Options
    I dont have Barriss
  • Options
    From my experiences, GW seems to scale to YOUR level at the time of reset. Difficulty seems to be determined by how far you progressed in GW recently. If completed, difficulty bracket goes up, if not, goes down (or stays about the same based upon how far you progressed). Consecutive completions increase likelihood of additional challenging matches.

For instance, I've seen GW behave predictably over 3 accounts:

1.) Whale account, lv. 70. Completes it every day. 28-something streak right now. I get at least 5 matches a day with full 7* max-geared, top-tier characters (Poe, Phasma, Leia, QGJ, FOTP, Geo. Soldier). My challenging battles tend to peak at the 9th or 10th fight, then it's easy-going to the finish. This character boasts 28k+ arena power and is usually rank 1-3 at reset.

2.) Moderate casher account. Ranked 800's in arena. Arena power ~20k. Early 60's level. Lacks development of some of the best GW heroes, but tends to complete 3-4 consecutive GW's in a row prior to facing the alpha squads and failing once or twice in a row. After that, it's simple for at least 2 days to complete, and gradually becomes more challenging.

3.) F2P account focused on farming all top-tier F2P heroes. Top 30's in arena, boasting about 12k power at level 42. Won 5 consecutive GW's (and I'm not m turning in all dailies intentionally to keep the level low and observe GW) before suffering a loss. Which is remarkable considering all it has is a 3-star JC and Talia. Just picked up Lumi, however. Anyways, after 5 consecutives, had a nasty match in a round 4 and failed to complete the 5th node. Today it was a breeze again, though.

See the trend? Progress and consecutive completion in GW tends to be the most significant variable among all 3 accounts. Which vary by arena rank, arena power, and level. Not that it isn't a possible factor, but I think I would've noticed it on the F2P account... Seriously, I never bothered fielding JC or Talia (the only healers) the first 5 days while clearing it with ease. Day 6 was... blah. But I expected it would happen.
  • Options
    I do not think it has anything to do with winning or losing or how far you get in GW the previous day. I was doing well (either finishing or coming within 1-3 of the end) until I decided to focus one buffing up one squad of characters, and now they are awesome but I struggle to get halfway in GW. I have flopped several days straight with no letup in difficulty.

I think they want us to level as many characters as we can equally and concurrently if we want to win in GW. Which is a very, very slow process.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are certain units that do very well in GW. They tend to have short cool-downs, solid damage output, and leader abilities that tend to focus on survivability (Barriss, Lumi for example).

Your objective should be to take out the biggest damage-dealing threats first while leaving the tankiest/lowest threatening for to buy yourself time to heal up and slow-kill with basic attacks to get off cool-downs for the next fight.

In your process of gearing up, did you happen to level up a good bit? Since I've found that holding back on leveling while going for maximum gear possibilities for all GW-fielded toons for their current levels usually gave me an advantage, honestly. That, and of course, leveling up/gearing up after I've restarted and completed the first GW battle of the day.

Also, you might be falling in the category of "account 2" that I mentioned. After 3-4 consecutive completions, it usually fails once or twice consecutively before it's easy again.
  • Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »
    From my experiences, GW seems to scale to YOUR level at the time of reset. Difficulty seems to be determined by how far you progressed in GW recently. If completed, difficulty bracket goes up, if not, goes down (or stays about the same based upon how far you progressed). Consecutive completions increase likelihood of additional challenging matches.

1.) Whale account, lv. 70. Completes it every day. 28-something streak right now. I get at least 5 matches a day with full 7* max-geared, top-tier characters (Poe, Phasma, Leia, QGJ, FOTP, Geo. Soldier). My challenging battles tend to peak at the 9th or 10th fight, then it's easy-going to the finish. This character boasts 28k+ arena power and is usually rank 1-3 at reset.

2.) Moderate casher account. Ranked 800's in arena. Arena power ~20k. Early 60's level. Lacks development of some of the best GW heroes, but tends to complete 3-4 consecutive GW's in a row prior to facing the alpha squads and failing once or twice in a row. After that, it's simple for at least 2 days to complete, and gradually becomes more challenging.

3.) F2P account focused on farming all top-tier F2P heroes. Top 30's in arena, boasting about 12k power at level 42. Won 5 consecutive GW's (and I'm not m turning in all dailies intentionally to keep the level low and observe GW) before suffering a loss. Which is remarkable considering all it has is a 3-star JC and Talia. Just picked up Lumi, however. Anyways, after 5 consecutives, had a nasty match in a round 4 and failed to complete the 5th node. Today it was a breeze again, though.

See the trend? Progress and consecutive completion in GW tends to be the most significant variable among all 3 accounts. Which vary by arena rank, arena power, and level. Not that it isn't a possible factor, but I think I would've noticed it on the F2P account... Seriously, I never bothered fielding JC or Talia (the only healers) the first 5 days while clearing it with ease. Day 6 was... blah. But I expected it would happen.

I wish this were true. Seeing as I've never completed one I should have a super easy fight if this were the case
  • Options
    ok - i unlocked all toons and am working on finishing row 4 in ourple gear... have 1 row of 7 stars... but next 3 rows are 5/6 stars... so like 7 sid/lumi/daka... etc.... i have to face 60+ level 7star purple gear after 2nd match since b4 the retreat change.....only 2 completes.... all i strive for is 2 shipment moves (means success to me).... don't always get it
  • Options
    Puglio wrote: »
    I do not think it has anything to do with winning or losing or how far you get in GW the previous day. I was doing well (either finishing or coming within 1-3 of the end) until I decided to focus one buffing up one squad of characters, and now they are awesome but I struggle to get halfway in GW. I have flopped several days straight with no letup in difficulty.

I think they want us to level as many characters as we can equally and concurrently if we want to win in GW. Which is a very, very slow process.

Unless you pay. Which is what the greedy bleeps want
  • Options
    It was confirmed on Reddit by a dev that is a combination of your power level and arena rank. However since it is also meant to be difficult they probably toss in much higher levels as hurdles to add difficulty.
  • Options
    So I had some extra time today so I ran through GW twice (using a reset I saved up from yesterday). On my second run through I got double the rewards although I only noticed it near the end of the run. The final chest gave me 800 GW points and 2 character shards and double the amount of ability mats and training droids. Is this a known visual bug or do we actually get double points for running 2 GWs in one day? I have a screen shot but im on mobile rn, may add it later if this isnt a common bug and needs to be fixed.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Duplicate post
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Sad you have to think that way. poor soul.

Be positive..
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It is a combination of your power rating AND your arena ranking. Do worse in arena and GW will get easier.

Not true.. Absolutely not true. Monday i was in top 20 and i fought my 10th battle vs Megion (a lvl 70 max gear etc etc) Since yesterday i am 6th in my arena and my GW is muuuuch more easy.. (only 2 single target dps teams) it's only luck in matchmacking..
  • Options
    You didn't actually get twice the rewards, it's only a display bug
  • Options
    Weird. It's never happened to me in GW, but I once got 2x the awards for arena. Literally gave me two messages for arena rewards in my inbox and I was able to collect both. Not sure how it is with GW though
  • Options
    OP got 6.7k crystals... this mean he won pretty much every GW until now... unbalance? I think not...
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I just fought 7 battles with good old Sid/Dooku/Lumi/Daka/JC lol. While easy battles, it made things even more boring seeing the same characters on every team.
  • Options
    shimsham wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It is a combination of your power rating AND your arena ranking. Do worse in arena and GW will get easier.

As for GW, that so many are seeing as powerful or more powerful teams so early in it should be a clear sign SOMETHING changed recently. I've been on this forum for many weeks and I never saw as many posts/threads about this as I have in the last week or so.

That's because half of these "complain" posts were created by you on your alternative account @shimmy. Lol

• Options
    SinnerWill wrote: »

Pretty sure it doesn't work this way. I'm on a 45+ streak and todays gw was pretty easy. Didn't face any team above my level. I think @Pilot gave a reasonable explanation, the teams you face are other team with equal power who completed the node earlier. And I think they look at the power of your total roster not just the top 5. The people who are having easier gw's tend to have a small roster.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I used to complete it without much effort, but today I faced significantly stronger teams starting from node 9, so I was unable to finish. There was no significant change with my PvP rating or power level... I have seen a theory that past successes and failures in GW are taken into account too, is it legit or has it been debunked?
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    It was confirmed on Reddit by a dev that is a combination of your power level and arena rank. However since it is also meant to be difficult they probably toss in much higher levels as hurdles to add difficulty.

More people say this, but nobody can link the post at reddit. Everybody is just copying this message without actual proof a dev said this. Why would they say it on reddit and not on the official swgoh forum?
  • wikking4u
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Either I am incredible lucky or I have a good composition (of whatever) to face only easy enemies.

I am lvl 62 right now with 7 purple toons (2x7*, 2x5*, 3x4*), best five: 21000 power rating, the rest of my 25 toons in total is not really skilled. My arena rank on a newer server (started about 2015-12-20) is 10-20 most of the times.

Yesterday and also today my highest enemy was lvl 64 (but bad team setup) and even 61(!!), respectively. No 5x7* team, no FOTP,LEia,Ben,QGJ and so on. I do it in 25 minutes on average.

I have no reason why it is like it is, but obviously I don't want to complain ;)

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    wikking4u wrote: »
    Either I am incredible lucky or I have a good composition (of whatever) to face only easy enemies.

I am lvl 62 right now with 7 purple toons (2x7*, 2x5*, 3x4*), best five: 21000 power rating, the rest of my 25 toons in total is not really skilled. My arena rank on a newer server (started about 2015-12-20) is 10-20 most of the times.

Yesterday and also today my highest enemy was lvl 64 (but bad team setup) and even 61(!!), respectively. No 5x7* team, no FOTP,LEia,Ben,QGJ and so on. I do it in 25 minutes on average.

I have no reason why it is like it is, but obviously I don't want to complain ;)

Yeah, had it like this until today, the strongest team was around my level, the starting sometimes even 20(!) levels below. And suddenly bam! Teams several level above me, with more stars and better gear... I guess that the RNG gods favored me for a while but turned away...
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

Sad you have to think that way. poor soul.

Be positive..

Its EA. They don't care about gamers. Only $
  • Options
    Finishing arena in top 5 daily since I got lvl 60 I do not have the feeling it influences the gw teams I am facing. Sure I get the occasional poe-fotp etc. team which forces me to retreat a few times untill I find the order of actions with the most pleasant results (lame I know).
    Still, most nodes can be rushed with the same 2-3 healer squad.
    Actually I am facing a lot of 2-3 healer teams as well.
    I assume the bigger issue for people struggling with gw is either the lack of close to max healers or facing teams which are 5+ levels higher.

My main gw setups are:

Lumi (lead), daka, JC, sid dooku - very safe but slower

Sid, lumi, daka, dooku, gs - not as safe but quicker.

With Option 1 I can usually end each fight with all chars full hp and at least one healer without cooldown
    Option 2 is better against heavy dmg opponents because it is easier to kill the main threats and usually takes lese retreats to get desirable results... but most likely both healers are on CD after the fight
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Miss_Doll wrote: »
    I dont have Barriss

Lumi also has psssive heal as leader
  • Options
    Did any of you experienced easier gw after you can't finish it?
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50