GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Below is an example, bud. That was today's bounty. It shows 200 tokens but that's just a display bug, you get 400 tokens if you complete the final battle. All I'll say is don't give up, today I had to re-try round 9 a grand total of 14 times before I got a satisfactory result. More than a few expletives left my mouth during those attempts but it's worth it when you open up that last rewards chest.

Rk5aNnO.jpg

Hey, wait, why do you get Old Ben while I get this:

YApe3bv.jpg

That's unfair! Pls nerf ThalosKirano, he's so OP ;)

Haha. I got a Daka shard yesterday. I've been having decent shard luck in GW lately.
  • Options
    Pretty much what Anraeth said, on tough battles i always go in with 2 healers so I can alternate heals and make sure everyone is healed up at the end of the battle and have at least 1 healer ready for the next battle. I especially love Luminara because hear heal last for 2 turns so it lets your cooldown reset without having to heal with your other healer.
  • Options
    How do you "stall" at the end of a match?
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HansOlo wrote: »
    2nw3g2v.jpg

And such teams were already in the middle

I feel ya. I had to navigate this fiasco today. Sacrificed some pawns to kill Kylo, then business as usual.

.IMG
  • Options
    I get a lot of IG-100 and snow trooper shards.
  • Options
    If you have the match in hand, you can leave the healers for last so they heal themselves back up.
    Once all of the major damage dealers are killed, rather than focus firing, you can spread your damage around and then allow their healer to heal them back up some. this will let me knock of one more number from the cooldowns.

• Options
    Below is an example, bud. That was today's bounty. It shows 200 tokens but that's just a display bug, you get 400 tokens if you complete the final battle. All I'll say is don't give up, today I had to re-try round 9 a grand total of 14 times before I got a satisfactory result. More than a few expletives left my mouth during those attempts but it's worth it when you open up that last rewards chest.

Rk5aNnO.jpg

Hey, wait, why do you get Old Ben while I get this:

YApe3bv.jpg

That's unfair! Pls nerf ThalosKirano, he's so OP ;)

Haha. I got a Daka shard yesterday. I've been having decent shard luck in GW lately.

Got ewok scout two days in a raw :(
  • HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pretty much what Anraeth said, on tough battles i always go in with 2 healers so I can alternate heals and make sure everyone is healed up at the end of the battle and have at least 1 healer ready for the next battle. I especially love Luminara because hear heal last for 2 turns so it lets your cooldown reset without having to heal with your other healer.

I am lv59 and only got one team purple and lv59. Lumi doesnt have the 2 turn HoT yet.
    Dont have barriss leveled up and my JC is also too low. And dont forget, there were about 4 fights like this before. Impossible without using your best damage to go against lv64 gear8.
  • Options
    I think you're on the same server section as me (if they keep gw teams to just your arena section...don't know if they do that) as I believe I faced that Faze saber team yesterday or maybe it was indeed today.

I'm at the same level as that person so it wasn't as big a deal but I believe I faced them earlier at like battle 6, maybe 7. My last two GWs have been a bit on the "come on, guys" side so we shall see if it continues. A benefit for me is I am not far off in level (65 here where most in the arena seem to be in the 65-67 range with only a few at 68/69) so I don't get any 5+ above level matches.

I don't buy the GW teams are just random and there hasn't been a change to it. Too many people are bringing up the exact same concern recently for it to merely be random. If it were random then how come nobody is saying "oh I faced a team 5 levels lower than me on battle 9" like so many are saying is happening the opposite way. Randomness actually works both ways which I question if many seem to grasp when they try and say there isn't anything to issues people bring up.

Amazing how everything negative numerous people bring up about this app just poof, doesn't exist because hey, it's a perfectly balanced and programmed app according to those connected to it. I guess those who actually see something with their own eyes are just hallucinating.

• Options
    I got to level 60 before the retreat change and it was alright. Since the change up until Monday, it wasn't too bad. Yesterday and today though, it's been a bit of a pain as I am facing similar powerful teams earlier than before. Before I'd get to around the 8th fight but these last couple days it's been at 5 or 6. Also, battle 9 and sometimes 8 or 10 seems to usually be the hardest out of the entire mode every single day.

I've still been able to complete it the last two days (just barely and got lucky) which keeps my streak alive since the update but it does seem like something got tweaked recently. Too many people are reporting the exact same issues recently for it to be random. My feeling is something was tweaked in that update a week ago.

I'm fortunate that I am level 65 so there isn't going to be a big gap (have only seen a level 66 team thus far) like you and others who are lower who can face people many levels higher which is clearly a bad design flaw since when you get to the levels those teams are now, chances are you'll be faced with level 70 teams.

Sorry, but a mode shouldn't be designed to screw over those people (and the majority of players are clearly not where me and those above me are at) for over a month just so they can catch up and by that time probably have to start all over again if the cap is raised again by then or shortly after which it probably will be since they probably need to keep upping the cap and getting the p2w players to fork out money for crystals to level up their main 5 or 7 characters as quickly as possible.

No matter what, good luck and I hope things turn around and you can get back to beating it on a daily basis!
  • Options
    Yesterday's was very tough, today I sailed through. I've had some wars where the last two battles were 3~4 levels below but the middle 2~3 battles were 3~4 levels higher. Haven't noticed any changes in difficulty as such since I crossed late 50s. Just got to 65 before starting GW.

No offense meant to your skills, but tough GWs can usually be cleared quite easily most of the time if you retreat enough times, getting the team comp and RNG right. Tiresome but easy to win.
  • Cecton
    234 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Yesterday's was very tough, today I sailed through. I've had some wars where the last two battles were 3~4 levels below but the middle 2~3 battles were 3~4 levels higher. Haven't noticed any changes in difficulty as such since I crossed late 50s. Just got to 65 before starting GW.

No offense meant to your skills, but tough GWs can usually be cleared quite easily most of the time if you retreat enough times, getting the team comp and RNG right. Tiresome but easy to win.

I probably tried the hardest node today 10-15 times but there isnt much to be done going against fully geared Sid Dooku Daka etc teams lvl 66. They mostly destroy even my best team which are purple geared lvl 59.
  • Options
    The randomization makes it ace imo. There's a huge advantage to players with more toons with the new retreat function though, so you just have to try different combos
  • Options
    You don't need three healers, can be done with two also. But it's really just a luck thing. Yesterday I had a team 4 lvls above myself at fight 5, today I had a team 5 lvs below me in the last fight

Agreed. I only have Lumi & JC. Even though I don't have a third healer, I worked on leveling up 8-10 characters who aren't my main arena characters and I've finished GW every day in January (after only completing it twice in December). Now when I'm stuck I have 13-15 characters to switch it up and yes I usually have to try multiple times in rounds 7-11 to get the results I want.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What ? how is playing with barris/lumi/jc is hard for you to win GW ?? its not PvP, its GW, use healers, not dmg. there's no way you would lose with 3 healers and barris/lumi as leaders. just no way.
    and no, i didnt notice any diffuclt incease at level 60, perhaps because there's any.

rly this forum is full with threads about "how hard GW", when its very easy with healer teams... Im not saying upgrade barris instead of kylo, cuz that will be very bad for PvP, but barris and lumi before everyone in GW. EVERYONE
  • Options
    The randomization makes it ace imo. There's a huge advantage to players with more toons with the new retreat function though, so you just have to try different combos

Yeah I'm sure I'll slowly catch up now that I'm done investing all my gear and training droids on Vader Dooku Daka. Now I can spread the love a little bit more evenly. My next project is Qui-Gonn now that he is in cantina shipments. He's at 2* lvl 40 gear 4 so it'll be a while before he makes any team.
  • Options
    Today was one of those days were the game decided to toss those Purple geared one star higher than me in the sixth round :( just decided to post this for no specific reason
  • Options
    Whats your ingame name? on my server top people are lv67/68 (preacher, tameshon,...) but i am normally top 5 before the end.

If you do 20 GW in a row you know what is "normal" and what not. My fifth fight today was already against lv 64/65 gear 7/8, mostly good teams which always went before my team. That 5 times in a row isnt a challenge, its impossible. If all my chars would be lv59 purple i would have a chance but that takes months. In those months CG will release gear 9 and 10 and 8*, new chars, and the gap will be even bigger.

It is already a challenge to beat 12 teams in a row against an AI which got a BIG RNG advantage. Sid, Dooku, Phasma teams with a Ren or whatever ... You can beat those teams, but not without consequences. You WILL lose a good char, your other chars will lose a lot of health and dont habe their best skills available for the next round. Just unfair and not funny.
  • Options
    051c6ab981ea089634003f0979d41e77b27899-wm.jpg
  • Options
    What ? how is playing with barris/lumi/jc is hard for you to win GW ?? its not PvP, its GW, use healers, not dmg. there's no way you would lose with 3 healers and barris/lumi as leaders. just no way.
    and no, i didnt notice any diffuclt incease at level 60, perhaps because there's any.

rly this forum is full with threads about "how hard GW", when its very easy with healer teams... Im not saying upgrade barris instead of kylo, cuz that will be very bad for PvP, but barris and lumi before everyone in GW. EVERYONE

This is obvious, however what I'm getting at is that I have been coming across highly overpowered groups midway through GW that eat through my team. These teams are wrecking Lumi JC and Barriss because they all have Sid Dooku and Kylo leveled up and they can't get off proper heals because they are either stunned, heal debuffed or dead.
  • Options
    Seems this is happening quite a bit lately.
  • Options
    Murderhole wrote: »
    How do you "stall" at the end of a match?
    Try and avoid killing their high health, low damage characters (Chewie, Barriss, etc.). So even if Chewie taunts, don't finish him off. Let him get healed. Try to avoid heal blocking him. You might even consider using "throw away" skills or heal up when you're taunted to prolong the end of the battle.

If it works, then at the end of the battle there's a Barriss and/or Chewbacca left who takes a while to take down and does minimal damage. If you're lucky they'll heal themselves instead of attacking, too.

My favorite was when Boba Fett resurrected himself 6 times in a row. I got a full bonus round of cooldowns and healing from Barriss' leader skill.
  • Options
    I am currently finding it much easier than it was before, however that is also because I am running Lumi as my lead for damage mitigation and extra heals.

I am going to hit 69 tonight so I am also ahead of the curve and generally face teams lower level than me, which is a godsend. As more teams push to the level cap, it should become harder for those breaking in to the 60s.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Deep satisfaction.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    my chars are 60 and around 5th battle i am facing 7 star purple geared 62+. I pretty much push to make it to 9-10 and then stop. Too much effort :D
    Post edited by Jaqen_Hghar on
  • Options
    Snow trooper shard for me today. :(
  • Options
    051c6ab981ea089634003f0979d41e77b27899-wm.jpg

Thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    Not trying to get flamed, and maybe this has been brought up, but why does everyone think the GW is broken? It seems to me that the developers never wanted the retreat button to be used as it was being used. I think they never wanted the ability to "sub" in toons. Why else would they have changed it? Of course it upsets me.
    As a free player I've been leveling my toons to compete and finish the GW, since staying top dog doesn't seem to be realistic to me. Yet as I see it, if they left it as is, there would be no reason to level your toons that are setting collecting dust. They way it was you could power through with a few star toons and a handful of fodder.
    I'll admit I don't read the forum much, last time I did was after they changed the GW rules and check to see what was going on, so if devs or anyone has addressed this my apologies for the rant. There was just way to much whining about it then.
  • Options
    Same here. I just completed 27 straight GW and lost the other night. I took a chance on not healing Lumi and it did not pay off lol
  • Options
    Since the update/change my march has been the majority I face are by fight 2 or 3 my level or higher 7* purples, maybe a 5 or 6 here or there if it is Dooku or Barriss in there.

I think FC was lame, but it is the new way of retreat. Try it out. Play it out and see how it goes, then retreat and adjust if need be. Use fodder to draw out the specials. I'm sure you know this though.

Good luck on your next one. Instead of a tissue here is a cold one.