GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Pilot wrote: »
    GW isnt based on your last 5 or anything like that. It is based on your character level and then your opponent is pulled randomly from a global pool of players who completed that node within your player level set. If you're at a point where that pool exceedes your player level, then you will potentially face stronger teams.

I'm sorry but this is just not true and no one really knows. I really respect your contributions in the forum but you've always been wrong concerning GW, although you have great theories. Not your fault though as the devs won't share how GW matching actually works

I wish they would. It would go a long way. But it would also help their players beat it more often imo. And that's something they can't have. Gotta keep that $ coming in
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    If you can't beat GW there is no way you can survive in arena lol.
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

I beg to differ. I am rank 70 in arena, around 24,000 power. I can't beat GW
  • Options
    I faced a team that had all 7* Leia, fotp, Poe, phasma, an kylo...lucky it was under leveled and had blue gear haha.
  • Options
    I was 17 today in Arena....I highly doubt I'll beat GW today...while I'm not facing the team above(yet), I'm facing my third 6 and 7 star team in a row...all with Phasma lead, Sid, and Daka. Node 8 had Poggle and Kylo, node 9 which I'm on has GS and Poggle. I'll beat it....but getting a team through in decent shape will be next to impossible...and Node 10 will most likely be just as touch or worse. Already forced to use all my scrubs...I just have to hope my B team hurts this enough to let me A through in good shape.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    GW isnt based on your last 5 or anything like that. It is based on your character level and then your opponent is pulled randomly from a global pool of players who completed that node within your player level set. If you're at a point where that pool exceedes your player level, then you will potentially face stronger teams.

I wonder if this is true. Pre-update I faced some pretty tough teams. Since the update I have been spread thin so I have not trained all of my toons I use. For instance, my Barisswho I use in GW is at 64 while I am level 69. While I face tough 7* teams, I have not faced one single team at a higher level than I since the update. I wonder if leaving 1-2 toons untrained like Bariss has helped me with this.
  • Options
    GW is easy, im f2p and it just takes some retreating and trying new things. I use lumi as leader for the first half for some extra heal and GW is easy. If you cant finish it then you suck and need to find out why you suck
  • Options
    ccfoo wrote: »
    What ? how is playing with barris/lumi/jc is hard for you to win GW ?? its not PvP, its GW, use healers, not dmg. there's no way you would lose with 3 healers and barris/lumi as leaders. just no way.
    and no, i didnt notice any diffuclt incease at level 60, perhaps because there's any.

rly this forum is full with threads about "how hard GW", when its very easy with healer teams... Im not saying upgrade barris instead of kylo, cuz that will be very bad for PvP, but barris and lumi before everyone in GW. EVERYONE

The problem I face in GW is heal immunity by Sid and kylo combo. Not sure why those who says, it's easy! Use Bariss to heal through it! But not every player has a Bariss. I have been farming Bariss since the GW change but only halfway there. I know that we can unlock Bariss in cantina too now, but you need to be pretty high level to unlock it.

Minus Bariss, will it be a different story if you get heal immunity from Sid and kylo combo? Will it still be a cake walk for you then?

I have Barris she doesn't "heal" through the debuff she just rearranges the health pools leaving everyone at 3/4 life most of the time. Her heal has a very long cool down as well.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »

I wonder if this is true. Pre-update I faced some pretty tough teams. Since the update I have been spread thin so I have not trained all of my toons I use. For instance, my Barisswho I use in GW is at 64 while I am level 69. While I face tough 7* teams, I have not faced one single team at a higher level than I since the update. I wonder if leaving 1-2 toons untrained like Bariss has helped me with this.

Interesting thought...maybe...if I beat it...I'll try to have a lower level toon leader on my last mission.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 64, I've done 22 GW in a row, and today I did 1-11 with the same team, which has zero 7* toons (hk47, IG86, IG88, Geo and Lumi, all of them 6*). In battle 12 I changed 88 for Daka, just because I wanted to try her. I had to retreat once in the entre process.

I don't know how the matchmaking works, but when I read people saying it's hard or they face múltiple 7* teams, I wonder if we play the same game
  • Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    GW is easy, im f2p and it just takes some retreating and trying new things. I use lumi as leader for the first half for some extra heal and GW is easy. If you cant finish it then you suck and need to find out why you suck

You're not contributing. The issue is why some are facing very hard opponents and others have an easy gw.
    I just finished my gw. It was pretty easy, i didnt face any teams higher than me. Last team was maybe the hardest all level 65: hk47, ig88, ig86, JC and boba. All 6 stars, jc 7 stars.
    I am at level 66, have 10 heroes at level 66 all gear VII / VIII. When I started the gw i was ranked 15th in arena, got number 8 at reward time.
  • Options
    Well what was this used to be possible now and then it's now impossible. I keep leveling up before I get my A and B teams to catch up. Thus I am always over matched. Terrible match making.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

I'm sorry but this is just not true and no one really knows. I really respect your contributions in the forum but you've always been wrong concerning GW, although you have great theories. Not your fault though as the devs won't share how GW matching actually works

If noone knows how can you be so sure this isnt true? It might as well be true if noone knows.
  • Options
    The devs statement on that is a half truth. I believe the original intent was to strategically leave a battle to replace the dead or shuffle your squad but all buff/debuffs would remain when reentering. The force close exploit and the retreat removing all buffs/debuffs from teams and the often contentious debate forced the devs into fixing the problem. Since they couldn't or wouldn't get rid of the force close issues they just made retreat a in game force close. Please don't turn this back to the argument about force close or retreat cheating.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

im Lv65 rank top 50 and 23K power i can beat GW.

Do you have JC/Lumi/Daka?

Here my is my contribution. My main roster consider Sid, Dooku, Daka, Lumi, and JC or Cheww or Kylo. It depend on the situation. If i need heal for next round i will swap JC to heal. If i need someone to taunt i will use my Poe or Cheww.

Don't let those 6-7* star scare you. I can beat them without losing anyone. In the worst case I can use Suicide squad and then I use main roster to finish it off. The worst enemy if i going to face (Poe +FOTP + 6-7stars then I will be in big trouble) but I still able to beat them. I use my Squad B to kill atleast one of their guy and then my main roster will easily finish them off.

I have 15 lv60+ (F2P)

nwGRyJM.png
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    You don't need three healers, can be done with two also. But it's really just a luck thing. Yesterday I had a team 4 lvls above myself at fight 5, today I had a team 5 lvs below me in the last fight

I have lumi, Jc, Daka...since daka can heal i consider her as healer. She is more than a healer. Game changer and is so much fun to have her in my roster. She can revive teammate, revive herself ,stun, heal.
  • Options
    This thread is making me wand to create a third and fourth suicide team to eliminate the Poe taunts and Poggle buffs. Some of these GW teams are crazy!
  • Options
    My GW team - Barriss Offee 5*(L), Kylo Ren 7*, Old Daka 7*, Luminara Unduli 7*, Jedi Consular 7*. They all have maxed out abilities except Barriss's unqiue ability. I have been using this squad for a little over a week. I had my first force close today, tried a few times and failed. Came back hours later and breezed through it. I think it was Poe, FOTP, Darth Sidious, Rey, and can't remember. I over use heals and watch cool downs. I have not had to change out any members yet. I usually end up with full HP after each battle and 1 to 3 healers with no CD. This is very important keep the CD off of healers.

I find it helps to have a stunner, but stunners need healers. Pick your stuns wisely from big hitters to stop heals to turn meters, which ever makes sense.
    Bye Forums.
  • Zombie8mylunch
    146 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I wish it was easy to explain. I believe it is a mix between the toons levels and your PvP rating. I don't have proof and sure the is a thread somewhere that does. I say this since I leveled my IPad account fairly quickly and have never beaten GW with that account. But, I have a casual account (Android phone) where I haven't leveled as quickly since I use extra crystals to buy data packs instead of energy. I have done bare minimum in PvP and have beaten GW 3 times this week. Also, I bought the Count D pack on my IPad account which made Dark Side mission completion easier and this may have also contributed to the toughness of GW.
  • shimsham
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It is a combination of your power rating AND your arena ranking. Do worse in arena and GW will get easier.

Which is one of the (edit: how is the word stu pidest censored? haha, is this forum targeted for ages 2-5?) design decisions I have ever heard of if it is indeed true. How one does in arena shouldn't factor over into GW given they are different (hmm, single battles at a time vs one where you have to gauntlet style it) and to think one should do WORSE in one area to score logical opponents in another is well, crazy.

Clearly, anyone with common sense should be able to see how crazy that is if it is true.

As for GW, that so many are seeing as powerful or more powerful teams so early in it should be a clear sign SOMETHING changed recently. I've been on this forum for many weeks and I never saw as many posts/threads about this as I have in the last week or so.

For me, it's been decent although the last few days it's starting to get close to what people are complaining about so I figure my run of consecutive completions is going to end in the near future.

• Options

That isn't true at all unless one considers surviving arena as being in the p2w top 10 or 20.

Many do fairly well in arena and don't do well in GW (not being put up against much more powerful teams that is) and it isn't hard to see why: many focus just on their arena team which will leave them not having a decent roster to be used in GW so when they do face some powerful teams, they have to sue their top guys right form the start and they die.

If what I have been seeing the last few days continues (had a full p2w pumped up team to face today at battle 10) then I may not be finishing the GW soon going forward yet I'll probably still be placing under 100 in arena even though I do not focus on my arena team these days. I finished 21 yesterday.

• Options
    There are some theories but it seems that the power lvl of your top 5 toons is one major factor. I don't think pvp ranking has much to do with it because I have climbed a lot recently but not noticed any significant change in overall difficulty. Some people think it also takes bench characters into account. To further complicate things, there's a bit of randomness as well as the fact that people are reporting very different experiences. Some (like myself) are able to fly through most of it with just their main 5 toons with few retreats, and others swear that they are facing significantly stronger teams than their own by the midway point.

In short... nobody knows lol
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It is a combination of your power rating AND your arena ranking. Do worse in arena and GW will get easier.

If this is true its basically a way the devs can keep the f2p players down. Want to get lumi to 7 stars in less than a month? Better sacrifice that Ventress you were working on in arena

It's not based on arena. My last couple days GW has been easier than the last week was, and I've been in the top 10 in arena the last few days. The previous week I was testing builds and not doing any refills so was like 30-50 range and it was harder GW matches. It is all random.

I heard it is 1st 3 a little below your level/power
    next 6 about yours
    final 3 higher

I don't buy this either because often my 7-10 fights are absolute beasts and my last one is not as bad, typically only 4 will be 7* purple
  • Options
    I'm level 61 and I walk through GW everyday usually without losing anybody, sometimes Poe. I just don't know what all the complaints are about. If you have 2 good healers and a spare healer, you're sorted.
  • Options

Here my is my contribution. My main roster consider Sid, Dooku, Daka, Lumi, and JC or Cheww or Kylo. It depend on the situation. If i need heal for next round i will swap JC to heal. If i need someone to taunt i will use my Poe or Cheww.

Don't let those 6-7* star scare you. I can beat them without losing anyone. In the worst case I can use Suicide squad and then I use main roster to finish it off. The worst enemy if i going to face (Poe +FOTP + 6-7stars then I will be in big trouble) but I still able to beat them. I use my Squad B to kill atleast one of their guy and then my main roster will easily finish them off.

I have 15 lv60+ (F2P)

nwGRyJM.png

I don't have Daka. Was farming her before QGJ came out, now I'm torn on which to farm
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I have 15 lv60+ (F2P)

nwGRyJM.png

I don't have Daka. Was farming her before QGJ came out, now I'm torn on which to farm

Unlock her, and unless you have big plan for her, move on. She's decent enough at 4* for most content.
  • Options
    Case in point...every team I faced after the last was ever more powerful...fight 11 I faced a team of all 7* Sid, Leia, QGJ, Lumi, with Phasma lead. Cost me 6 5* and above all 7 or 8 toons to get through. I was down to 5 for the last, and thank god it was only a lvl 65 team of 5* or so purples....sqeaked through it. Fight 11 I had to reset about 20 times, with one force close to do as well as I did, and count my blessings their was no Poe on that team. (Force close was when 4 of my team was dead before a 3 of my toons could attack since Phasma perked Leai assist 3 times).
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I have 15 lv60+ (F2P)

nwGRyJM.png

Unlock her, and unless you have big plan for her, move on. She's decent enough at 4* for most content.
    So get her before QGJ?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I have 15 lv60+ (F2P)

nwGRyJM.png

So get her before QGJ?

Yea, it's tough to do a lot of later darkside stuff without her. She'll unlock you more nodes to farm gear or shards that you may not be able to otherwise without her heals/stuns. In my opinion unlocking her should be everyone's first priority in cantina shipments.
  • Options
    So I just need her at 4 star and geared?