Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    MaTucci wrote: »
    Hey, Raw, was looking at your swogh.gg account and saw that all of your attackers on your arena team are mainly with CC mods. Are you using it because you think the 10%~15% CC gain is better than 20~30% health or because your CC mods are better than your Health Mods? I know all those toons need CC, but didn't think they'd need all CC mods

As calculated in the linked guide above, your CD only really makes sense with a CC of above 50% (rule of thumb, not accurate). My Biggs has 53%, Wedge has 57%, Boba 57% (I still need to find a CD triangle mod with speed for him. You see I only run one CC set on him, one health and one potency).
    And most important, I run a Wedge lead so if Wiggs crit, they regenerate 15% max health and gain 10% turnmeter. If they kill, they get an additional 25% of their max health. So for Wiggs, the high CC is very important. For Boba it is a little too much with that CC primary on the triangle, but as mentioned, I still wait to find a CD one.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for a guide like this. This game can be alot to take in for a new player.

I have read all the pages and keep up with it daily.

I purchased the Kylo pack early on at the advice of a guildie. So I have been gearing those toons as well as following most of this guide.

I am in a good and helpful guild I think. But I can't seem to progress further in arena with my current squad. I am kind of at a loss for what to do next and who to run in arena.

Perhaps you could take a look and give some feedback.

I regularly get 800 from GW and contribute 600 a day to guild easily. I don't even mind spending, I just don't even know where it would be most efficient , if at all.

https://swgoh.gg/u/di3ard/

Thanks again for the resources.
    -Di3ard
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Di3ard wrote: »
    Thank you so much for a guide like this. This game can be alot to take in for a new player.

I have read all the pages and keep up with it daily.

I purchased the Kylo pack early on at the advice of a guildie. So I have been gearing those toons as well as following most of this guide.

I am in a good and helpful guild I think. But I can't seem to progress further in arena with my current squad. I am kind of at a loss for what to do next and who to run in arena.

Perhaps you could take a look and give some feedback.

I regularly get 800 from GW and contribute 600 a day to guild easily. I don't even mind spending, I just don't even know where it would be most efficient , if at all.

https://swgoh.gg/u/di3ard/

Thanks again for the resources.
    -Di3ard

Welcome! However I see you run Finn and Poe, both of which I don't even have. So this is a double tank combo, which you should combine with attackers. If you want to go for a resistance team, you should take Rey, Resistance trooper and Resistance pilot in. However, this is a totally different approach to mine as described in the guide, as you know we focus on rebels and want to get the Wiggs+fast STH+Lando combo. I'm sorry but it's hard to say what is better for you, change to the rebels and be late with them or stay with the resistance... If you want to go for the rebels, you might want to wait until Wedge is ready and then change.
    Maybe it would even better to farm your Kylo though, hard to say.
  • Options
    @Raw

Yes I have very poor speed so I put little bit on Boba and have a Potency mod on him to hopefully land the ability block. Also, I have Tenacity mod on Biggs so if their Boba is faster than mine, then I can hopefully avoid their ability block. Yes, I do have some nice CD mods :)

I was going to farm more health mods, but I'm 15/100 for TFP and want to finish him first especially with EP event coming up.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    About new player
    I think we can choose 2 ways before reaching to lev 28:
    1. Farm strong toon until at lev 27 and collecting energy/cantina energy/shipment some days before going to lev28. Base on drop rate and total xp from lev 8 -> lev 27, we can calculate the number of shards we can properly get
    2. Only complete daily activies to collect crystal, and collecting energy/cantina energy/shipment some days before going to lev28.

Idk what is better.
  • Options
    @Raw
    I'd like to know your opinion.
    My arena team currently:
    Wiggsando, Boba & ST Han

How to beat Chaze with my team? Should I unlock SF or B2? I'm really confused, help!
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    @Raw
    I'd like to know your opinion.
    My arena team currently:
    Wiggsando, Boba & ST Han

How to beat Chaze with my team? Should I unlock SF or B2? I'm really confused, help!

I can beat with two different strategies:
    When Boba is my fastest toon: Execute Baze when the encounter starts and kill Chirrut with Biggs' Special (remember to only use basics until you kill Chirrut, because if you AOE and it hits Chirrut, Baze will gain taunt again), taunt with STH and the rest of the battle should be easy (focus on Wedge and then on his 5th toon)

When STH is faster: Taunt with Han, AB everybody you can with Boba and hit Baze with everything you can (even your AOEs) and then Execute Chirrut (he should be with his protection gone and with a lot of buffs after those AOEs and his turn).

Atm, the faster Boba strategy is working better for me (actually, I'm targeting Chaze combos in my shard, because they're now easy to kill).

Don't know if that's the better option, but that was working for me. (Getting SF is a better option, but until you have him, this should do it)
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Strategy number 2 is working very well for me as well - I am using mix version of the 2 replacing lando with Darth Nihilus (3* only) and using his aoe after bobba, this makes it so that I can usually execute chirrut with bobba and kill baze with nihilusexecute in about 2 turns, and I can dispell the buffs that chirrut will leave on everyone. Also, in case bobba misses an AB, nihilus will get a second chance (increase cooldown = ability block, but it can't be resisted).

I'm actually lucking out again because there is a guy who runs chaze that has a payout before me, so he clears the sith group from number 1 and then I take his place for my payout.
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    A question I'd like to ask is... is it worth farming IGD from guild? Wouldn't Rex be a better choice since he also has a ship and his leader ability is a great counter to crit-based teams if your speed is lower than the team in question? What do you think about farming rex from guild and fleet shipments?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Koresh wrote: »
    A question I'd like to ask is... is it worth farming IGD from guild? Wouldn't Rex be a better choice since he also has a ship and his leader ability is a great counter to crit-based teams if your speed is lower than the team in question? What do you think about farming rex from guild and fleet shipments?

Yes, I currently farm Rex, and also IGD. They idea was to have 5 Jedi for the def mod challenge, and since I now (lvl 80 credit heist) stop farming mods (and buy them in the shipments), this step is necessary in my eyes. 5* IGD would be sufficient for this purpose but you will also want Yoda 7*. Maybe l should change the Guide a little in this point.

His ship however is too expensive for me. I stopped it at 3* because I need to buy gear.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options

- As Raw said before: IGD is used for Jedi Team, so farm IGD if you need Jedi Team for AAT P1 and get Yoda.
    - As Raw's guide:Choose Rex or Clone Sergant as Light Side ship in Fleet Arena.
    - About Rex in Arena: Idk because I am not active Rex >.<
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I want to inform you that the Tier IV credit heist (lvl80) is easy with Boba (g10), Lando (g9) STH (g10) each lvl80 so that your Chewie and IG88 would not be important to be well geared/high leveled. My IG88 was 7*, lvl70, g7 and Chewie lvl60, g6. You can probably win the credit heist even with IG88 on lvl1/g1, as long as your three main scoundrels are well geared and modded.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    I want to inform you that the Tier IV credit heist (lvl80) is easy with Boba (g10), Lando (g9) STH (g10) each lvl80 so that your Chewie and IG88 would not be important to be well geared/high leveled. My IG88 was 7*, lvl70, g7 and Chewie lvl60, g6. You can probably win the credit heist even with IG88 on lvl1/g1, as long as your three main scoundrels are well geared and modded.

Hey Raw, what was the team you 3* the Tier 3 of CC mod Challenge? I have atm: STH/Lando/Boba g9 lvl 76, IG-88 5* lvl 70 g7 and Chewie 5* lvl 70 g7. Was thinking about pushing Chewie/IG-88 to g8 but now I don't think it's worth it (knowing that you beat them with that team), just get IG-88 to 7* should be enough then?

And I see you are getting top1 in arena. Are you cooperating with your shardmates or your team really has the power to get rank1?
  • Options
    Question from almost new player (played about year ago, got bored and quit; and I am sorry for my English in advance, not using it for couple of years but will try my best): how exactly to start new game right? Waiting for 7-14 days is not an option) I just started and got Rex 4* on chromium (not farmable yet, because f2p) and Ewok Elder 2* on bronzium (was good year ago on GW, and still decent there as I understand). Should I go on with them or reroll till getting one of the main arena chars?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Question from almost new player (played about year ago, got bored and quit; and I am sorry for my English in advance, not using it for couple of years but will try my best): how exactly to start new game right? Waiting for 7-14 days is not an option) I just started and got Rex 4* on chromium (not farmable yet, because f2p) and Ewok Elder 2* on bronzium (was good year ago on GW, and still decent there as I understand). Should I go on with them or reroll till getting one of the main arena chars?

Rex is a nice toon. If you would want to gamble until you have Wedge, that would need some time... I would try to use Rex.
    Ewok Elder, I don't use him at all.
    You can start with just collecting and not spending energy, and only use cantina energy to farm Lando + Boba. This way you can play until you get lvl28 and the arena starts. Then spend you energy + profit.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Hey Raw, what was the team you 3* the Tier 3 of CC mod Challenge? I have atm: STH/Lando/Boba g9 lvl 76, IG-88 5* lvl 70 g7 and Chewie 5* lvl 70 g7. Was thinking about pushing Chewie/IG-88 to g8 but now I don't think it's worth it (knowing that you beat them with that team), just get IG-88 to 7* should be enough then?

And I see you are getting top1 in arena. Are you cooperating with your shardmates or your team really has the power to get rank1?

I'm not sure about the actual setup but your team should be sufficient. You only need luck that no toon is oneshot in the end, and mod them with good mods. I even used my arena team's mods.

I have contact with a few people from my shard, but since now these contacts didn't really help because the real competitors have not answered yet. File a thread here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry

I made #2 today, that one real whale is lvl85 since weeks and depending on his team, he is hard to beat. Interesting enough, only with a Wedge lead he seems to be the strongest. Today he presented us his new Kylo. Whales seem to like to experiment with the team setup so this is the chance of the others. The other payers who are about 3 levels ahead, I can really beat. With my latest gear upgrade, even quite easy. That is really huge: g8 => g9 pushed my Sun Fac from 28k to 45k protection (with mods). Only hitting the upgrade button.
  • Options

Rex is a nice toon. If you would want to gamble until you have Wedge, that would need some time... I would try to use Rex.
    Ewok Elder, I don't use him at all.
    You can start with just collecting and not spending energy, and only use cantina energy to farm Lando + Boba. This way you can play until you get lvl28 and the arena starts. Then spend you energy + profit.

Understood. So I should go for a reroll to try and find Wedge (seems impossible, about 50 rerrolls and not even close, not even Biggs!) or Lando at the start. Other tunes will do, but they are waiste of time and resources, right? Pls, update your guide for someone like me, who is seeking for some step-by-step instruction, not ignoring the very first steps. What to do with Talia, Luke, other chars given from the start? Leave them behind or invest in them because of the challenges untill you farm the needed chars? By the way, is that meta is still alive?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Other tunes will do, but they are waiste of time and resources, right?
    We call them "toons" :) You can't say they are a waste. One guy pulled a Shoretrooper, another Baze... It's only hard to judge in advance how good a start will be with them. Wedge is "proven" to be good, because he was a giveaway once to iOS users and android users got a K-2SO. iOS had a big advantage.
    Pls, update your guide for someone like me, who is seeking for some step-by-step instruction, not ignoring the very first steps. What to do with Talia, Luke, other chars given from the start? Leave them behind or invest in them because of the challenges untill you farm the needed chars?

It was mentioned in the thread, but maybe okay, I will write one line for this in the guide.
    Talia and Luke are rather bad but if you don't pull any better toons from bronziums in the category needed, yes they will be needed for the challenges and nodes. I have mine at lvl 50 g5. The sooner you can replace them, the better.
    is that meta is still alive?
    This guide is for starters, and leads to rebels that are needed for EP event, scoundrels that are needed for the Credit Heist event and pilots+ships needed for the zeta challenge. Furthermore there are options for a Jedi team that are needed for the Yoda event and for the Def Mod Challenge, that allows you to buy 5*mods in the shipments. The purpose of it is not to lead to a meta, that really only starts with lvl85. The purpose is to bring you to lvl85 with all the important events and challenges mastered, and a solid arena team that will easily go through the GW.

(if you say, zeta Maul + EP + Nihilus + Sith Assa + General Kenobi (GK) is the new meta, still this guide is a valid start for it. If you look ate the squads at: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads
    the most popular F2P #1 team without GK was:
    Lando · Biggs · Boba Fett · Wedge · ST Han, 3%)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Added:
    "The starting characters not mentioned in this guide (e.g. Talia, Luke) may be needed for the challenges and nodes, but should be kept as low as possible and be replaced as soon as possible. Level 50 and gear V would certainly be enough."

and that 5* for IG88 would be enough.
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say that if you have to use one of the starting characters, clone sargent is a better choice than luke or ewok simply because he has a ship. One could replace Luke with resistance pilot pretty early as well (I think around level 22). If a toon has a ship, working on them will not be a waste.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    For anyone wondering:
    Chewie and IG-88 only need to be 5* to beat (and 3*) the last tier of the CC Mod Chalenge.
    On my third try (Chewie was being targeted all the time) I was able to beat it with:
    Boba (L) G9 Lvl 76, Lando G9 Lvl 76, STH G9 Lvl 76, IG-88 5* G7 Lvl 70 and Chewie 5* G7 Lvl 65. As it is in the Credit Heist, you don't even need the last 2 toons, Boba+Lando+STH can easily solo it.

Now I'll get SF to G8 and STH to G10, and switch my team to: Wedge (L), Boba, STH, SF and Biggs (but I need to get some speed mods first, to allow my Boba and STH to be faster).

Btw, on my first 8 sims of the CC Mod Challenge, got 2 5* Crit Chance Triangles (and one of them with 3 speed). It could've been a Critical Damage, but I'll accept it lol
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    For anyone wondering:
    Chewie and IG-88 only need to be 5* to beat (and 3*) the last tier of the CC Mod Chalenge.
    On my third try (Chewie was being targeted all the time) I was able to beat it with:
    Boba (L) G9 Lvl 76, Lando G9 Lvl 76, STH G9 Lvl 76, IG-88 5* G7 Lvl 70 and Chewie 5* G7 Lvl 65. As it is in the Credit Heist, you don't even need the last 2 toons, Boba+Lando+STH can easily solo it.

Now I'll get SF to G8 and STH to G10, and switch my team to: Wedge (L), Boba, STH, SF and Biggs (but I need to get some speed mods first, to allow my Boba and STH to be faster).

Btw, on my first 8 sims of the CC Mod Challenge, got 2 5* Crit Chance Triangles (and one of them with 3 speed). It could've been a Critical Damage, but I'll accept it lol

Grats to your progress! Also experiment Biggs to be your fastest. Mine is 221 now at the start because of Red one Omega and can instakill the Wedge/Jyn/Rey of other teams that don't have this speed.
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Did you switch out your arena mods to chewie and IG-88 to be able to 3* the challenge?
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For anyone wondering:

Grats to your progress! Also experiment Biggs to be your fastest. Mine is 221 now at the start because of Red one Omega and can instakill the Wedge/Jyn/Rey of other teams that don't have this speed.

Thanks! My Biggs was my fastest toon, but I found some new mods for Boba and now he's my fastest (too bad I can't omega him yet (1 and a half lvl away)).
    Did you switch out your arena mods to chewie and IG-88 to be able to 3* the challenge?

Kind of, my arena team is STH/Lando/Boba (all scoundrels) and Wiggs, but my Wiggs have some CD mods, which won't make that much of a difference for Chewie/IG-88, that way I used health mods on both of them (you just want them to survive), some of them were from my Wiggs, but mostly it was some health mods that I had used before, but retired them because I found better ones.
    It also took me some tries. I saved STH's taunt to the 3rd or 4th round (depending on when my IG or Chewie were dying) and just hope Han doesn't focus on any specific toon in the last round.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    I'll 7* EP today (so hyped about it lol), and was wondering what Raw's and Doitsuyama's (because he's ahead of us) opinions would be on going for the Rex (L) route, instead of Zaul (god, I love Maul).
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96124/best-rex-arena-team/p1
    Saw this thread and started to think about it (and with the new Phoenix toon, Siths will have a hard time against them (the thing is that they won't be f2p)).

And btw, just got my 2nd MKV Droid Caller from Rancor yesterday. Wedge needs one for G10, SF to G9 and Palp to G9 (and G10, already have the gear). Who should I give it to ? As much as I want to give it to EP, I think Wedge and SF might be a better option, right? (But god, SF is hard to get to G9).

(As gear upgrade goes, I'll going for STH G10, Wedge or Boba G10, then Biggs)
  • Options
    Stay with Rex, he is actually one of the best toons in the game and can be used in a lot of different teams. He is f2p now, can (and should) be farmed in Guild store and Fleet store.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    In my Arena, Sith Team(Nihilus lead, Dooku, Sidious, ...) is present more and more. I need some ways to stand with them until I can get Wedge.
    My team at lev 67: Lando (L), Biggs, Boba, ST han, Sun Fac.
    Thanks
  • Options
    2nd day farming CC mods and oh god. I have got like 5~6 mods with speed secondary and just got 2 with 12 and 13 speed secondary.
    My Boba is now ridiculous fast (too bad I can't give it to my STH) and is now the fastest on my shard (really need to get to 78 to omega his AoE). Didn't give it to Biggs because I have a few 195~199 speed Bobas in my shard and if I take any mod, I'll be slower than them. Put some speed in my Biggs too, now I'll focus on getting SF to g9 (can't get any other toon to G10 before lvl 80, so I'll focus on SF to 9, will take 2 to 4 days, and then start farming STH gear).
    Now I can finally use Wedge as leader (needed the speed boost from Lando) and maybe start to try SF (but he's a long way from 7*)..

https://swgoh.gg/u/matucci/
    If anyone can see a better way to use those mods, feel free to help me hahah

Just wanted to share my happiness lol
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    In my Arena, Sith Team(Nihilus lead, Dooku, Sidious, ...) is present more and more. I need some ways to stand with them until I can get Wedge.
    My team at lev 67: Lando (L), Biggs, Boba, ST han, Sun Fac.
    Thanks

This is happening on all mid-january shards. The best counter is healing immunity, but IG-88's version is bugged and doesn't stop the health steal on dooku under DN lead. The next best thing is stunning. RG is great for this and should take SF's place. Throw a potency mod on his cross and use the defense up. If you do it properly with StHan, you can kill all other sith except for Dooku by having dooku feed your team turn meter from StHan (RG defense up will be needed so that StHan isn't killed by dooku). Once sthan gets to 50% health, RG will auto taunt and dooku will counter on both, so you should be able not to lose either of them, RNG willing. If you can, stun him.

This is an extremely annoying team comp. Once you get wedge and gear him, biggs special will usually one shoot dooku and it is becomes easier, though expect some frustration if RNG screws with you and one of either biggs or wedge doesn't crit or they call sthan to assist instead of bobba or lando.

On offense with sith teams like this I'm using Maul instead of Lando. I save up biggs special and wedge's aoe for after maul goes and it is imperative that maul has a speed primary arrow mod and potency cross for this so he can move after sthan but before their team. He is very slow so he will probably be the last of your team to move (even if you don't give speed arrows to wedge and biggs because of wedge's unique). Then daze everyone and kill dooku if the daze hits. However this team seems to make me lose more rank than the version with Lando, so I try to avoid using it as the last team in the day. Seems to work good on ofense, not so good on defense. And RNG can always screw you if dooku resists daze.

Now what is extremely annoying is Sith Trooper along with DN lead and dooku along. The big whale on my shard (who has 7* chaze rebel team) now also has 7* sithtrooper, DN and friends. Still haven't figured out the team comp to handle him yet, so I was number 2 today... He is like dooku annoying but hitting twice as hard because of defense down and with several times more health, and if you dispell his taunt/retribution he will get it again if you don't kill him by either droping other sith to 50% or by letting other sith use abilities. DN is good to dispel him on basic, but then who you remove to add him (or sun fac) to your team. Tried wiggs, bobba, sthan and both DN, SF and Maul to no results,

I'm guessing emperor palpatine will be the answer to that, but mine still needs to be leveled and geared.. I just leveled and geared wedge so I'm out of credits and salvage pieces for now. It will be a couple days.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I'll 7* EP today (so hyped about it lol), and was wondering what Raw's and Doitsuyama's (because he's ahead of us) opinions would be on going for the Rex (L) route, instead of Zaul (god, I love Maul).
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/96124/best-rex-arena-team/p1
    Saw this thread and started to think about it (and with the new Phoenix toon, Siths will have a hard time against them (the thing is that they won't be f2p)).

And btw, just got my 2nd MKV Droid Caller from Rancor yesterday. Wedge needs one for G10, SF to G9 and Palp to G9 (and G10, already have the gear). Who should I give it to ? As much as I want to give it to EP, I think Wedge and SF might be a better option, right? (But god, SF is hard to get to G9).

(As gear upgrade goes, I'll going for STH G10, Wedge or Boba G10, then Biggs)

Grats for the super good mods!
    SF g9 is super helpful, as mentioned it gave me 17k protection with mods (however I use a tenacity cross now that costs me 5k protection but a stunned/shocked/frozen SF is not very helpful)...

Have 1400 crystals ready for the MK5 droid caller, it's a good price for it. Actually I have the same thing here, upgraded EP but this MK5 droid caller stopped me. But anyways I don't want to use EP before zMaul is ready.