Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    Short question: Is Heroic Rancor Dumpster Rank better than T6 Top 20? How many raid tokens do you get at least on heroic?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Raw wrote: »
    Tried my best but wasn't able to find: why should one farm Dooku? Is he needed end-game for DS? To say the truth I didn't read most of the thread, lazy I am) What is the DS squad should look like after 49lvl when you start 5-A? First 4 stages can be done with Talia and RS + Palpatine/Sid/Vader/Phasma etc. 85lvl from allies though it's not always easy to do 3* win. But what about the 5th stage?

You get Vader and EP for free, also in the last event Nihilus, Sith Assa and Sith Trooper. This guide also leads to Maul. There are several viable scenarios/teams with that. One is zeta Maul (also called Zaul) lead, EP, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassine. Dooku is another option, and until you get EP and Maul you can fill him in a ds team, together with Boba. Other later options are EP lead, or zeta Vader (Zader) lead, where you profit from Dooku.

Your DS team should then include Boba, GS and/or TFP, and maybe other DS chars you have from events (Nihilus?). How many Vader shards do you have? Around lvl 65 you will also have IG-88, Sun Fac, Maul.

I just started, 22lvl, but played long time ago (in a galaxy...). 5th stage of DS opens at 49lvl. Will I have to go there right then for gear? With what team? I remember good old days when we farmed Sid and other DS chars, don't quite remember, farmed Talia shards and all that stuff. Palpatine event in short time only and not scheduled, Nihilus event - didn't hear about it, need to lurk. Vader shards, I don't even know when there gonna be 80 of them... The question: with whom I will play DS battles stucked in my head)

Btw another question: if I got Lando on chromium should I take a break after he is 5* to farm GS to somethere 4-5* to make him some threat at arena?

Ah okay you are not even there. I would not worry too much about it. With Boba and a lvl85 EP it's no problem. The rest you can fill what you have. When you have used up all your ally's EPs, you need to wait some hours until they will be available again. So get some high lvl friends for this. I remember I finished it with 3 stars most of the time because EP cleans it faster than the enemy even has a turn.

GS, if you feel you need another attacker in your arena team, maybe. Otherwise no, continue with Lando.
    One guy has skipped GS totally and just went on for TFP. However you will need GS later as a pilot.

Wait, what is a final arena squad once more? Lando, Wiggs, Biggs, STH and ...? QGJ? Not GS?

Boba. Wiggs = Wedge+Biggs together
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I did a little test. You really need only 1 char for the hard nodes. If it survives, you get 3*.
    Here I used my Boba and an EP (ally), node 6:
    http://prnt.sc/ek1ftf
  • Options
    JaminSpace wrote: »
    Short question: Is Heroic Rancor Dumpster Rank better than T6 Top 20? How many raid tokens do you get at least on heroic?

I read a while back that Heroic Rancor 41-50 place is better than regular Rancor outside of top 5 (but I'm not sure). My Guild finishes the Heroic Rancor in <30mins so sometimes I get in top 20 if I remember to attack and other times I get place #30-40
  • Options
    I did a little test. You really need only 1 char for the hard nodes. If it survives, you get 3*.

Such an awesome idea
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    JaminSpace wrote: »

FYI, https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/rewards/
  • Options
    Tyvokka wrote: »
    Should I replace my 4 star jyn erso for 5 star GS?
    Why don't you just try it out? I currently experiment with EP instead of other team members. Always good if you have a choice, also depends on the opponent.
    jppdb wrote: »
    Raw, can you post a picture of your top shard teams?
    I want to know what you are facing, my shard is from late december and already has some zeta mauls.

In the fist 6 places there is a Wedge lead (one is me^^), then 7+8 a Lando L, 9 EP L, 10-12 Lando L, 13 Boba L, and so on. Lando, Wedge, Boba leads rule the board. A lvl84 7* Nihilus lead made it to #16 yesterday but is #19 atm. Looks like he has no chance against even a lvl80 Wedge lead (+Chaze), who is current #1.
    41eadd357a5740c081cfa1f756649dd2.png

We have no Zaul yet.

Well, then work as fast as you can on Zaul, he eats these lineups for breakfast...
  • Hike
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I was just wondering: how many 5-dot health mods do you need to farm? Is it just to fill the slots for your arena team?
  • Options
    Hike wrote: »
    I was just wondering: how many 5-dot health mods do you need to farm? Is it just to fill the slots for your arena team?
    Do it as long as you see weak spots which needs improvement.
    Well, that's the general rule with mods, and at some point it's a lot better to save credits and buy in mod shipments. That's because getting specific 5 dot mods is awfully hard in mod challenges as at best you can pre-select the set type, but even this requires farming and gearing a whole set of toons.
    That's advanced stuff though, until level 80 and probably beyond you will need the credits to level your toons.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Hike wrote: »
    Do it as long as you see weak spots which needs improvement.
    Well, that's the general rule with mods, and at some point it's a lot better to save credits and buy in mod shipments. That's because getting specific 5 dot mods is awfully hard in mod challenges as at best you can pre-select the set type, but even this requires farming and gearing a whole set of toons.
    That's advanced stuff though, until level 80 and probably beyond you will need the credits to level your toons.

For a first good equipment, in most of the positions a 3/4-dot is also okay. My STH has only 5 speed on the square and the other stats are also rather poor. The same with the processor, only 8 speed here. If you get more, that's great but not needed in the beginning. 5 speed will normally be okay here.
    But these are not such important mods for him. A 5-dot-cross, circle and triangle with protection primary and speed secondary are more important, as well as a 5-dot-arrow with speed primary.

I agree with Doitsuyama (and thank you for always pointing that out), buy your mods in the mod shipments once you mastered the Jedi challenge (def mod tier III) and get the lvl80 credit heist. For only 15 crystals, you get a refreshment. 10 refreshments and you are quite likely to be able to buy a mod you need.
  • Options

Thnx! How do you feel about longest possible preparation for the start? As I counted it should take around 20 days from 12 to 28 on cantina energy only. Around 400 tries for Lando (already got him on 1st chromium), 65 Boba shards, mats and maybe challenges (not sure, chars not geared at all; to say the truth - they suck). The only thing, two actually: how not to get to the 19999th place on server after all this; is it absolutely true that arena server is chosen only when I get 28lvl?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Thnx! How do you feel about longest possible preparation for the start? As I counted it should take around 20 days from 12 to 28 on cantina energy only. Around 400 tries for Lando (already got him on 1st chromium), 65 Boba shards, mats and maybe challenges (not sure, chars not geared at all; to say the truth - they suck). The only thing, two actually: how not to get to the 19999th place on server after all this; is it absolutely true that arena server is chosen only when I get 28lvl?

Longest possible? You could also wait a year and just collect energy as far as I understand. Your arena leaderboard will then be determined when you turn 28. I've read about the possibility to ask guild mates who just turned lvl28 themselves, just need to find a low lvl guild. Maybe see the other thread 'perfect start' for more hints.
  • Options
    After TFP is 7* would you go for mods (I'm thinking tenacity mods in lieu of health mods) or farm JKA to 7* (I have him at 4* currently from hard nodes)? Another option would be to farm Kylo/Dooku
  • Options
    After TFP is 7* would you go for mods (I'm thinking tenacity mods in lieu of health mods) or farm JKA to 7* (I have him at 4* currently from hard nodes)? Another option would be to farm Kylo/Dooku

Following this question, I'll ask one similar too:

Tarkin and Chief Nebit are already 5*. Who should I farm next? Sid or Savage?
    And about the cantina: I've been farming mods for the last 15 days, I'll now do 3 days a week for mods and 4 days a week for toons. Who should I go for? The options are:
    - TFP (2* atm)
    - Kylo (30/330 shards)
    - Dooku (30/330 shards)
    - Barris (4*), would be used to beat the Tier 3 of defense mods challenges
    - Aayla (not a single shard yet)
    - B2 (not a single shard too)
    - RG (only 2*)

Was thinking about doing Barris, just to beat the challenge and then TFP to 5*. What do you guys think?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    What mods did you get for doing it for 15 days? Can you send me your profile so I can look at your secondary speed mods?

Also, I would go for Sid over Savage unless youwant to zeta one of them straight away, if so, then get savage
  • Options
    What mods did you get for doing it for 15 days? Can you send me your profile so I can look at your secondary speed mods?

Also, I would go for Sid over Savage unless youwant to zeta one of them straight away, if so, then get savage

https://swgoh.gg/u/matucci/
    I focused on CD mods (got all of them in this 15 days streak), but the vast majority of Health mods is from an older farming week.

My first zeta is going for Maul and the second for Vader, Sid and Savage are down the line (Kylo is in the dispute with them). Was thinking about going for Sid too
  • Options
    I'm just above you at level 78: https://swgoh.gg/u/strattz/

When you said CD I think you meant CC :)

My thinking is the same with my first zeta will be Maul (I have him at 7*). I know that Zader would be better for raids, but I think as a F2P player going well in Arena is extremely important as the currency of the game is crystals.
  • Options
    For this F2P route, what would be the Jedis to 3* the Def mod challenge? IGD, Ahsoka, JC, Mace(?) and? And at what level did you manage to 3* it?
  • Options
    I'm just above you at level 78: https://swgoh.gg/u/strattz/

When you said CD I think you meant CC :)

My thinking is the same with my first zeta will be Maul (I have him at 7*). I know that Zader would be better for raids, but I think as a F2P player going well in Arena is extremely important as the currency of the game is crystals.

Ops. Yes, I meant CC lol

Yes, Zader is more versatile, but Maul is better in Arena and that should be the focus.

Nice squad! Do you cooperate with the guys in your shard or you can keep you rank 1 daily with that team?

• Options
    I've tried to find people in my shard without success so I've managed to keep it without help, however, I might have a favourable timezone being based in Australia.

I've been unlikely in acquiring speed mods, but I have a couple of good CD ones.
  • Options
    IceMerlin wrote: »
    For this F2P route, what would be the Jedis to 3* the Def mod challenge? IGD, Ahsoka, JC, Mace(?) and? And at what level did you manage to 3* it?

Farm JKA - I've never farmed in Cantina (only hard nodes) and I nearly have him at 5*
  • Options
    Depending on your goals, I think hard mode farming FOTP is much more advantageous long term then JKA/RG.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    Depending on your goals, I think hard mode farming FOTP is much more advantageous long term then JKA/RG.

So, FOTP can be used for what? Would you please explain? Thanks, because I don't farm FOTP.
  • Options
    I farmed JKA (and JC) to 7* mainly from hard nodes, because Cantina energy is too valuable. JC is easily farmed in hard nodes, and JKA just is too expensive at a 16 energy node. Meanwhile I have GS, Lando, Wedge, TFP, Finn, Kylo at 7* and B2 and Aayla at 4* from Cantina. Farming JKA in Cantina simply takes away too much.
    I am doing RG from hard nodes now (got a lot from Bronzium, Cantina energy is too expensive here too), and then going for Dooku and the two first order hard node toons. In Cantina I am finishing Aayla and then going for Dooku and B2.
    Other interesting toons for special purposes in Cantina are Jawa, Old Ben, Scarif and Chirpa, but I bet there will be interesting additions in the next months as some very strong toons will become f2p sooner or later (Chirrut, Baze, Deathtrooper, Nihilus etc. are must haves).
    For Zeta I did Maul first, and will probably do Nihilus unique next in a few days. Vader would be better for raids, so I might doing him before Nihilus, but only because I'm pretty safe on Rank 1 every day. The rule for farming, gearing etc always is Arena first.
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I farmed JKA (and JC) to 7* mainly from hard nodes, because Cantina energy is too valuable. JC is easily farmed in hard nodes, and JKA just is too expensive at a 16 energy node. Meanwhile I have GS, Lando, Wedge, TFP, Finn, Kylo at 7* and B2 and Aayla at 4* from Cantina. Farming JKA in Cantina simply takes away too much.

Why Finn before Aayla or Dooku?
  • Options
    pnhuy wrote: »

So, FOTP can be used for what? Would you please explain? Thanks, because I don't farm FOTP.

He's only farmable from Hard Modes and no other location. His ship is fantastic, and counts towards 5* Tark, who is necessary for zeta mats challenge. He's needed for First Order mod challenge as well
  • Options
    I've tried to find people in my shard without success so I've managed to keep it without help, however, I might have a favourable timezone being based in Australia.

I've been unlikely in acquiring speed mods, but I have a couple of good CD ones.

Wow, that's great. My timezone is GMT-3, which means I'm a few hours ahead of the US and a few hours before the Europe, but even with all the time in the world I wouldn't still be able to beat the top 2 in my shard lol (both lvl 81/82, with a Wiggs+7* Chaze+7* Nihilus and a Wiggs+7*Chaze +7*Palp)
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »

He's only farmable from Hard Modes and no other location. His ship is fantastic, and counts towards 5* Tark, who is necessary for zeta mats challenge. He's needed for First Order mod challenge as well

About FO mod challenge is too far for me now.
    With lev70, I have Dark Side Ships plan as Raw's guide: SF's ship 3*, TFP's ship 3*, GS's ship 3*, Slave I (64/80), Scimitar (24/50).
    The progress of getting Scimitar is rather slow (as I think so), so may be I will change to FOTP to replace Scimitar
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Do you already aim for the 7* Yoda challenge in April?
    I have QGJ, Ahsoka, IGD max and 48/100 of each Barris and JC, so I will try to time it this way that I get these 5 Vader shards from the Yoda challenge in April. Vader currently 75/100 so that would also be the date I would maybe be able to 7* him as well.

If time does not matter so much for you, JKA only in hard nodes (as Doitsuyama mentioned he is too expensive in cantina). I'd suggest Kylo then. When you have him 7*, you might also have a zeta ready for him.

MaTucci wrote: »

Wow, that's great. My timezone is GMT-3, which means I'm a few hours ahead of the US and a few hours before the Europe, but even with all the time in the world I wouldn't still be able to beat the top 2 in my shard lol (both lvl 81/82, with a Wiggs+7* Chaze+7* Nihilus and a Wiggs+7*Chaze +7*Palp)

Level 80 made a huge difference for me, too. I think your Sun Fac will deal with Baze quite well then, as you already have him on g9.
  • Options
    Hi Raw,

Looks like I started too late with your excellent F2P guide (five weeks ago), or I'm just unlucky to have so many whales on board. I've not managed to get back in the top10 for two weeks now... after the Nihilus/Dooku uprise. Many players bought the entire Rogue1 squad, or Chaze. One guy has reached lvl76, while most of u are at lvl65. So, I can't keep up because of the lower amount of crystals I receive.

For me this experiment didn't work out, unfortunately. Your guide worked very well, until the Whales woke up.;)
    I had a lot of fun though, so thank you for that!

I'm sticking to my first game, which I kept alive too. (lvl80 atm).