Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    Just wondering given the changes to the Sith so we still farm Tarkin in Arena Store after IG88 is maxed? I'm at 6* with IG88 and need advice on who to farm once completed....

There is sidious and savage that I could also farm instead to help with my sith team or I could go with Leia (although I already have 5 7* rebels). I did pick up a 2* Greedo in my 1st chronium (haven't done anymore farming as he is weak - maybe pray for a rework)

Any advice would be helpful
  • Options
    Here is the link to my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/strattz/

I have Darth Maul at nearly 6* (I'm farming in Guild and Fleet shipments) and TFP at 5* (I'm farming this in cantina). After the EP event, my empire team would look like:

EP, Vader, Maul, TFP and _____ so I'm thinking sidious but happy to hear thoughts on this. Both zetas on Sidious and Savage are not leader but unquie.
  • Options
    Here is the link to my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/cbann/collection/
    How am Iooking?
    Who should I gear up?
    Who's shards should I farm?
  • Options
    Here is the link to my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/strattz/

I have Darth Maul at nearly 6* (I'm farming in Guild and Fleet shipments) and TFP at 5* (I'm farming this in cantina). After the EP event, my empire team would look like:

EP, Vader, Maul, TFP and _____ so I'm thinking sidious but happy to hear thoughts on this. Both zetas on Sidious and Savage are not leader but unquie.

In this lineup Shoretrooper is good, and fast Boba better than Maul. Sid is great under zVader or zMaul lead, farm him. I used my first zeta for zMaul, this seems to be the best Arena lead now. zVader has a very hard time beating zMaul, the other way it's not so hard. zVader is the better choice for the two raids though.
    Nihilus is Arena viable at 3* or 4* with high gear of course. He also is great under zMaul lead, Dooku and Sith Assassin as well, there are many possible good teams.
    Another tip, try to get into a heroic tank guild as Kenobi is the best choice for the tank in many setups.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Just wondering given the changes to the Sith so we still farm Tarkin in Arena Store after IG88 is maxed?

I managed the 5* Executrix challenge with lvl79 now:
    lvl 35, 4* Executrix with lvl 50, G6, 5* Tarkin
    lvl 75, 4* Slave 1 with lvl79 G10, 7* Boba
    lvl 70, 4* Scimitar with lvl74 G8, 7* Maul
    lvl 74, 5* Sun Fac's Fighter with lvl79, G8, 7* SF
    lvl 73, 4* GS's Fighter with lvl 73, G8, 5* GS
    lvl60, 4* TFP's Fighter with lvl 60, G7, 4* TFP.

But I don't think with such a low Tarkin it would be possible to do the Zeta mat challenge. Furthermore you want to 3* it and not always fight an hour to win it. So I will continue Tarkin. Without Zeta, my Maul is also not viable in Arena so why would I need a Sidious / Savage Opress without Zeta?
    And farming thoses Zeta mats will also take time. You need 20 and get maybe 5 a week? Depends greatly on your luck.

Considering you have to gear your new chars until their are better than your Wiggs Lando STH, that Tarkin first still seems a good decision in my eyes.

Farming Dooku from hard nodes could be an option. However if you want to be taken in a guild that does heroic AAT, normally they want to see a 7*Jedi team in your roster (not just 'a' team, but a viable team for AAT P1). That's why I still farm JKA in hard nodes. Maybe you are lucky they accept a "leech" who only provides tickets, but chances are low in my experience.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Tyvokka wrote: »
    Here is the link to my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/cbann/collection/
    How am Iooking?
    Who should I gear up?
    Who's shards should I farm?

Fine, continue as described in the guide. That Jyn Erso will help you until you get Wedge for sure, so you could do some mods meanwhile. However don't forget that GS, he will be one of your dark side pilots.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    https://swgohindepth.com/ultimate-zeta-farming-guide/

If you see the video above, this guy used a lvl26 Executrix with 6* G6 lvl69 Tarkin. All ships lvl 78 though. Okay then, obviously one can do the Zeta mat challenge with a low lvl Tarkin. But then I would skip QGJ until after the zeta mat challenge and farm ship building mats in the arena store instead. At least when you are "only" top 10 in the fleet arena, you won't be able to upgrade your ships to lvl 78 with the mats you get there.

For me that's too late and also I don't have my 8x 5* ships ready. It would also mean to farm another ship (CS/TFP) earlier and skip on Maul/Sun Fac instead.

Actually I don't think the guy from the video was f2p. Probably he bought some fleet data packs, where he got his mats/ship plans from. You can also see that at 0:47 he is rank#1 and has 135k fllet power, whereas his #2 has 120k. So that's rather p2p. And: he is lvl81. With lvl81, we will also be ready for it. My Tarkin is 6* now with lvl 79.
    Post edited by Raw on
  • Options
    I am still having problems in Arena. It seems that it is enemy Biggs that is killing me. I do my AoE, he gets critted, and then he uses his cooldown ability, which then (getting Wedge and one more to attack). This kills one in my group instantly. No questions asked.

My Boba attacks first, and of course if he gets the ability block in on Biggs then the damage is less severe. But then the next AoE comes in, and then the next ... and Biggs keeps attacking.

But how do you guys handle a team like our own? I seem to get hammered half the time.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You need to get mods that makes you faster. Seems like you still got no +30 speed arrows.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mesterenr/mods/
    I am quite sure I had some with lvl 72? Well at least you need them on STH and/or Biggs and Boba.
    Even an e-type will do, just have the speed primary.

If your Boba goes first and can ability block many opponents, that would be a nice start. STH first is also good if he gives the others turnmeter, so the key is to be faster. If your Biggs goes first, you will be the one who instakills Wedge/Lando, not vice versa.

Edit:
    The triangle mod on your Lando is wrong there.
    (+11.75% Defense)

Give him the one GS has.
    +31.5% Critical Damage

And the defense triangle from Lando goes to STH.

Also your crosses are bad.
    But the protection cross from RG to Wedge.
    But the protection cross from Boba to Biggs.
    But the potency cross from GS to Boba.

Also your Databusses are bad.
    Put the Protection circle from Wedge to STH. (the crit chance hurts a bit but you need the speed and prot.)
    Get more of these protection mods :)

Also move your speed square from Wedge to STH.

Why does your JC get a 5-dot processor and your Lando gets a 1-dot?

• Options
    Well, don't really know what to do now.
    This is my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/matucci/collection/

I can get top10 daily on Arena (got rank 4 or 3 multiple times, but now it's getting harder, but top10 is a easy task) and now that I unlocked Scimitar I can easily get rank 1 or 2 in Fleet Arena (without Scimitar was getting 4-5). Just finished Wedge and don't know what to do with my cantina energy, and I'm farming his cuffs to get him to g9. Just finished Ackbar too, and now I'm just trying to get Windu to 5*, that way I can beat the 3* Defense Mod Challenge. Bought the Maul pack because I really like the character, and since he's becoming meta, I think he'll be my first zeta.
    My question is: What route should I take now? I think that with these rebels I can get at least a 6* EP, and since I'm going for a Zaul, my Boba would be useful too.
    Should I go for TFP (I'm not using him in my Fleet Arena anymore) and farm him to at least 4* or should I farm some mods? My mod game is getting weaker and that's why I'm getting a harder time at Arena, but I can only farm 5* Health Mods or 4* CC Mods, don't know if that's going to help me.
    And for Arena Tokens, in the guide it says to max IG-88, but why? For the 3* CC Mod Challenge? Is it really necessary? Was thinking about getting Windu to 5* for the Challenge (and then Bariss), and then getting Tarkin to at least 5*, but I don't know what to do after that. Dooku? Sidious? IG-88?
    As a last question, should I keep farming Wedge's gear (since STH and Boba are already at g9) or should I focus on Biggs' ?
    Well, as always, any help is appreciated!
  • Options
    And for Arena Tokens, in the guide it says to max IG-88, but why?
    Because he's a scoundrel and you need them for Credit Heist and Training droid event. He is also viable for phase 2 of HAAT raid.
    Was thinking about getting Windu to 5* for the Challenge (and then Bariss), and then getting Tarkin to at least 5*, but I don't know what to do after that. Dooku? Sidious? IG-88?
    Debated this myself - I didn't farm Windu, worthless. You need to unlock defence mods, but you probably aren't able to invest 4m to get a good one. Being f2p you will be in constant credit shortage. Next heist (80lvl+) will give you a chance to save some credits for those mods.
    As a last question, should I keep farming Wedge's gear (since STH and Boba are already at g9) or should I focus on Biggs' ?
    I'm "farming" from fleet shop, best investment imo. Drop rates on battle nodes are horrendous. My answering your question - you need to gear all of them, stopping halfway will only hurt you in the long run.
    Should I go for TFP (I'm not using him in my Fleet Arena anymore) and farm him to at least 4* or should I farm some mods? My mod game is getting weaker and that's why I'm getting a harder time at Arena, but I can only farm 5* Health Mods or 4* CC Mods, don't know if that's going to help me.
    Go for mods, their value is constant. You can live w/o a unit or two, but mods is what pushes you over the edge. If you get better units you can switch mods. TFP will give you nothing here. Aayla or JKA might be a better option since they are HAAT viable and will help you get that def mod challenge done.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I would say farm health mods.
    4 dot crit mods are not worth it and health mods could see a revival under Nihilus lead maybe.

IG88 7* made it easier for me to manage the crit mod challenge 3* and the credit heist will also be harder on lvl80. You won't want to spend much on Chewie so you rather have only 4 chars. It's not a necessity really but I prefer to just finish a char so he is 'ready'.

Tarkin only 5* will be hard in the zeta challenge, see discussion above. I'll have mine 7*.

Dooku is no arena farm. You mean savage? Sidious or Savage, both interesting. I have no experience with ZMaul yet. I think most ppl would say zSidious? To be discussed.

With gearing Wedge or Biggs first, I'd say Wedge. He is squishier and your main DD.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the answers!

About the Jedi farming for 3* D Mods; Yes, I just now realized it'd be worthless, since I can barely pass the 2*, and would need some serious investments in my Jedi to get to 3*, which won't happen right now.

I'll go for Health Mods then, TFP would be a future farm, if I ever need him.

About the IG-88: Now I see his importance (really don't think I'll be able to keep him and Chewie alive throughout the Mod Challenge, but with him as a 7* it might be possible), but right now I'm with A LOT of cash (almost 10mil with no use atm) and the Heist is so easy (I just AB it) and I'll only be able to play the next Heist in almost 30 days (the amount of time I'll need to reach lvl. 80). I might just push Windu to 5* (he's 20 shards away anyway) and then go for Tarkin 5* and then IG-88. But I'll keep in mind about Sidious, might go for him after IG-88 is maxed (or maybe after Tarkin is 7* too, since I'll take me a long time to zeta Maul and have another 20 zetas for Sidious).

Will gear Wedge and after him it'll be Biggs. I could buy the cuffs from the fleet shipments but I think they're too valuable for some toon shards and ship shards.

Atm I'm farming JKA from Hard Nodes....

And one last question: Who should I farm in Cantina Shipments after QGJ is 7*? Ahsoka to 7*? Fives? And atm I'm using all my GW Tokens for ships, should I keep it that way until I have all my ships 5* for the Zeta Challenge or should I start farming someone? Maybe Datcha for the CD Mod Challenges?

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Cantina store after QGJ:
    I asked the same to @wawrzon and bought some ship building mats. But now that we can expect more of these in the GW, I'd rather go for the Jawa Scavenger. Next to the CD mods you can use him for the Jakku omega events.
    The omega event is easy but you need Jawa or night sisters (3 x 3*all together), and each omega is worth a lot in the beginning. So just unlock the Jawa scavenger. (I also unlocked Chief Nebit in arena store.)
    However fleet building mats should be worth considering to keep a good rank.

GW after zeta challenge:
    I want to keep my fleet arena rank, therefore I will continue to farm "my" ships until 7*.
    Then probably Datcha (already 4* from bronzium here) to 5* and then Phasma for Raids.
    Post edited by Raw on
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll go for Jawa Scavenger then (already have Datcha from a bronzium) and maybe Jawa (after I have the other 2 ready), since he's a 8 energy cantina node and I can get him to 5* in a week with 2 refreshes.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    I just got Baze 3*, should i use it over STH ?
    Here is my collection https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/ (not up to date).
  • Options
    Just two comments:
    1) Defense mods are important, beat the third tier (1* would be ok). This unlocks best mods in mod shipments. Then look every six hours in mod shipments for 5 dot mods with speed secondaries or speed primary arrow. This is your best source to get mods with great speed secondaries which are the real meta.
    2) It's Sith meta now, Wiggs is of course needed to get 7* Palpatine. Farm Maul, gear Nihilus and Assassin (3* is ok for Arena), farm Sid, then Savage. Even Dooku is great now. Be prepared for the switch to Sith when you have Palp and your first zeta ready.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Roukino wrote: »
    Here is my collection https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/ (not up to date).

Then go to settings and 'update profile'.
    A 3* Baze will probably not survive very long without Chirrut. But still I would gear him and see how you do with him. Double tank can also be an option. I use Sun Fac + STH for quite a while and it works fine.

• Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/
    Don't have Sun Fac at the moment. I'll give Baze a shot and see if he can do better than STH in arena.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Just two comments:
    1) Defense mods are important, beat the third tier (1* would be ok). This unlocks best mods in mod shipments.

Actually, 5-dot mods are also available when you finish the 2nd tier. The 3rd tier gives you a better chance. Motivated by your posting, I gave it a try and finished it easily (my chars roundabout lvl 70, G7-G8, 5*-7*, without using my arena team's mods). eb40cd745251448398dd23c25867d252.png

• Options
    Quick question, do you guys think it's worth it to unlock Dengar or Greedo or another scoundrel just so that I can do the tier IV and V of the scoundrel challenge ?

I have boba, lando, STH, chewie all 6 stars or above, but lately I can't afford to spend the arena shards on IG-88 because I need ackbar to 6 stars for palpatine. So I was wondering if it was a good idea, or not, to unlock a fifth scoundrel just so that I can meet the requirements.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Toniosnow wrote: »
    Quick question, do you guys think it's worth it to unlock Dengar or Greedo or another scoundrel just so that I can do the tier IV and V of the scoundrel challenge ?

I have boba, lando, STH, chewie all 6 stars or above, but lately I can't afford to spend the arena shards on IG-88 because I need ackbar to 6 stars for palpatine. So I was wondering if it was a good idea, or not, to unlock a fifth scoundrel just so that I can meet the requirements.

The scoundrel challenge? The crit chance mod challenge only has 3 tiers?
    Finishing this cc challenge with 3* was not that easy, and I guess you want to be able to sim that. That would mean you have to gear this 5th scoundrel. I've put g7 on my IG88 so he would profit from that 23,5% protection mods. Sure you can do this with Greedo/Dengar but you might feel that the gear and shards are a little wasted after the EP event is finished and you can continue with IG88. Given that EP will already be there in 10 days already I would either continue to farm health mods or TFP/GS with the cantina energy the next days. Unlocking that other scoundrel would also take several days. So just wait.
  • Options
    My mistake I was talking about the credit heist events where you can earn a bunch of credits and some experience drones (my android is set in portuguese and I wasn't quite sure about the exact english names).

But yeah for sure I'll need IG-88 for the crit chance mod, I wouldn't waste gear on dengar or greedo, they'd just be here so that I can unlock the requirements for the tier IV and V of the credit and drone heists.
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Cantina store after QGJ:
    I asked the same to @wawrzon and bought some ship building mats. But now that we can expect more of these in the GW, I'd rather go for the Jawa Scavenger. Next to the CD mods you can use him for the Jakku omega events.
    After GW update you will be able to get 130-140k of fleet mats daily. Thats a great boost and farming them from cantina shop won't be needed, unless you desperatelly need strength for zeta challenge fast.
    GW after zeta challenge:
    I want to keep my fleet arena rank, therefore I will continue to farm "my" ships until 7*.
    Then probably Datcha (already 4* from bronzium here) to 5* and then Phasma for Raids.
    I would suggest going Teebo first - he is best unit for rancor raid. Together with Rex and QGJ they can solo it (especially once that "auto basic attack" mode comes in). Additionally he is viable as lead for phase 3 of HAAT (Teebo, EP, STH, RG, SF). After that I would choose probably IG86. He can be farmed here, in hard nodes and from bronzium, so he is a fast farm and will make your HAAT droid team for phase 2 much stronger. Datcha is needed if you want a full Jawa team. Phasma is overall a good unit, but can be replaced.
    Second best thing after ShT, nuff said. Especially if you don't have great mods. Will help you set up when you lack speed.
    No, waste of resources. You can wait few days and go for IG88. If properly modded, both Chewie and IG88 can survive, even if undergeared.
  • MesterenR
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    snip
    Thank you very much for this answer. I am really bad at game mechanics (all games in general) and not sure why. Nonetheless, that is also why I use a guide like this one, and the advice you gave me there, especially for the mods, will help me a lot.
    EDIT: Again thanks. After a few fights I can tell that your advice really helped. I'll be attempting for higher spots again soon.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Welcome!
    I added on the first page which mods are to be preferred. I also underestimated the importance of that CD triangle on the attackers, especially Lando.

How to mod your arena team:

Stormtrooper Han
    You want your STH to go first with his special "draw fire". This fills the other players turn meter (up to 30%).
    Also when he gets damaged, the others get (up to 20%) turnmeter. Although he is a tank, you need to give him a speed primary arrow mod (receiver). Protection on circle (databus) and cross (multiplexer) but with a speed secondary. The triangle (holo-matrix) can also be protection primary with a speed secondary.

Boba Fett
    Boba can ability block the other players, even STH. He should also be very fast. At level 78, omega the "death from above" ability, so if you are faster than the enemy's STH, you can block him. So he also gets a speed primary arrow. He can use a potency cross, so his ability block will come through against the other team's tenactiy. Boba will be revived with ) a percentage of his health (up to 100%, so give him some health secondaries. The triangle can be crit dmg primary. Boba Zett (zeta boba) also can use high protection.

Lando Calrissian
    Lando needs high crit chance over all, and a crit dmg primary triangle. If you can farm cc (crit chance) mod sets, that would be great. Protection primary on the cross and circle. Speed or Protection primary on the arrow are both possible.

Biggs Darklighter
    Biggs needs to be very fast. He also gets a huge speed up by Wedge's unique, so that you can maybe oneshot a squishy (especially in lower leves) with the "Wiggs" attack. He also needs a speed primary arrow. Protection primary on circle and cross. Speed secondaries are even more important, but also cc secondaries are very good here.

Wedge Antilles
    Wedge is often the target no. 1 for your enemy. I prefer mine to be well protected. As long as Biggs can call him with his assist (omega gives Biggs -1 cooldown), he has his greatest value. So give him cc mod sets, a cd (crit dmg) triangle and protection on circle, cross, and maybe even arrow (others say also speed, but I like protection more).

• Options
    I'm back here for some advices.
    Here is my collection : https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/
    My main problem is i can't beat sith squads. specially the combo nihilus(L)/Dooku. I tried to focus Dooku or ignore him but nothing works because of the insane health regen.
    My team is usally : Lando (L) / Baze / Boba / Biggs / Ackbar or JC.
    I'm leveling and gearing GS to use it instead of Ackbar or JC, is it a good idea ?
  • Options
    I'm back here for some advices.
    Here is my collection : https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/
    My main problem is i can't beat sith squads. specially the combo nihilus(L)/Dooku. I tried to focus Dooku or ignore him but nothing works because of the insane health regen.
    My team is usally : Lando (L) / Baze / Boba / Biggs / Ackbar or JC.
    I'm leveling and gearing GS to use it instead of Ackbar or JC, is it a good idea ?

I'm having the same problem, at level 50. When fighting Nihilus lead + Dooku teams, it's literally a futile effort; I rapidly wipe out every enemy but Dooku, then he proceeds to 1v5 and destroy my team.

The problem is that Nihilus' health steal persists even after he's dead; and that Dooku's riposte triggers his multi-attack standard attack. He gains health back faster than I can whittle it away.

I'm using the initial team recommended by this guide: Lando(L) Biggs Boba StH JC.

Any suggestions for a single-character swap, that might address this problem? Could I perhaps prioritize farming a character that is lower down in the guide's recommended list, so as to not deviate too much from the long-term intended goal of this guide?

Much thanks in advance.
  • Options
    You can't easily beat Sith squads like this. Nihilus allows to create deadly squads without waiting for Palp/Vader. Nihilus, Sid, Dooku, Assassin, (Tank) is a great lineup. It's not good to recreate the f2p guide though since this was a single event. We will have to wait until we know where he will be farmable.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You also need that Wedge. The time before him will be much harder than after him.

I also had my time where I was unable to beat Chaze teams, but you grow stronger and with that Sun Fac, it suddenly is easy. So try to avoid these teams.

Today I've fought against a 7* Nihilus (L), EP, Baze, Opress, Maul and it was super easy with Wedge Lead and double tank.
    Give it a try. GS is not useless for sure. You need him as a pilot and in GW. I have mine 5* G8 and he will probably stay like this, because I'd rather farm mods. For the Tarkin 5* challenge that was enough and for the zeta challenge he will be in the reserve (reinforcements), so these guys should not be used anyways (need to 3* the challenge)

Also try double tank with your Baze and STH:
    Lando (L) / Baze / Boba / Biggs / STH
    Any suggestions for a single-character swap, that might address this problem?

Maybe try RG + STH, so your attackers are behind the wall.
    Post edited by Raw on