Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Raw,

Been following your guide and I'm top 10-20 in arena lvl 64. Got a few questions for you:
    If my gs is 5* 40/85 do I finish him to 6* or do I stop and farm health mods?

Do you recommend 7* ahsoka before getting qgj?

What do you do with your energy? Hard nodes or regular nodes.

Thanks for creating such a useful guide for newcomers like me.

https://swgoh.gg/u/jookaa/
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I would go all the way with GS to 7* until you can 3 star the health mod challenge - maybe take a day or two getting some five star mods.

Good question on ahsoka - I'm not sure but I did QGJ before Ahsoka (as I farmed QGJ before Boba).

For energy, much of the gear you need could be in relevant hard nodes so do that then. I would think about JKA, Ahsoka, Chewie (until 5*), and maybe Rey & JC (I see you have Boba already). This really depends on what you want to focus on though

Max sure you refresh twice a day as a min
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jookaa wrote: »
    Hi Raw,

Been following your guide and I'm top 10-20 in arena lvl 64. Got a few questions for you:

Welcome!
    When it comes to pilots you should know that the 7th star gives you a huge boost in crew power, comparable with 1*-6*. In one of the fleet guides you find a table to each pilot. Ahsoka will be squishy anyways but when she removes buffs with her special, that really hits like a truck. That's why I want her 7*.

The same applies with GS ofc, but if you must choose mods or GS, I clearly prefer mods once you have 5-dots available. Chances for good mods are low and if you happen to get those with 15 speed secondaries, it might be worth thousands of crystals, speaking of rank#1 instead of top 20.

Regular nodes are good for this gear you need up to 20 pieces. For the gear you need 50 salvages with a drop chance of 15% maybe, get these from fleet / guild shop and raids, or buy them with crystals (not the syringes however).

I farm JKA for the P1 AAT. Also I farm JC a bit, for he is a valuable pilot. Furthermore IGD, only the light side nodes that give syringes. And Barriss but this is because I pulled her from bronzium. As you see I focus this Jedis. Might be a mistake but I want to be able to contribute to a heroic AAT guild, where they want to see your roster first. General Kenobi is certainly to desire.

If I started today I would probably start to farm Dooku in hard nodes, too. But this has to wait until some of my current farms are finished...

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Roukino wrote: »
    I'm back here for some advices.
    Here is my collection : https://swgoh.gg/u/roukino/collection/
    My main problem is i can't beat sith squads. specially the combo nihilus(L)/Dooku. I tried to focus Dooku or ignore him but nothing works because of the insane health regen.
    My team is usally : Lando (L) / Baze / Boba / Biggs / Ackbar or JC.
    I'm leveling and gearing GS to use it instead of Ackbar or JC, is it a good idea ?
    1. You need to farm mods. Idk if opponents have them, but you definitelly lack them, just basic 1*.
    2. Focusing Dooku is a bad idea, unless you run STH (TM gain from Dooku riposte or you have multiple units with assists).
    3. It all depends on what team opponent runs, but I would strongly consider running Ackbar lead - gives tenacity up which is helpful against Sith units. His cleans can be life saving. Lando crit dmg is good, but your units w/o mods have too low crit chance.
    4. I would suggest running STH against Dooku, he won't stop him, but your team will benefit greatly from his TM gain - mod him for speed and health/prot (raw numbers best).
    5. Avoid using AOE attacks agaisnt Dooku (if possible). Just because a unit has it, doesn't mean you have to use it. It's beneficial if you have STH since you get that TM, but otherwise it' best to refrain for a round from using aoe attacks.
    6. RG can counter Dooku well and increase your survivability. It's not an idea fit, but running 2 tanks might be the best solution. Either STH +RG or Baze + RG.
    All in all proposed teams would be: Ackbar, Boba, STH, Biggs, Lando // Ackbar, Boba, STH (Baze), RG, Lando (Biggs might be viable). Lando and Ackbar can be sitched if you don't need extra speed and have some hight crit units.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Raw,

1. If you can 5* go for mods always. If you can't - finish GS. He costs only 8 energy per try and can boost your main team, as well as fleet arena team (of you play there).
    2. Depends if you play fleet arena or not. She is needed there, but not mandatory to 7* at beginning - you can hide her in reinforcements. QGJ main focus is either for HAAT phase 1 team or dealing with multiple tunters in arena (you must judge yourself). He is easy to gear, but very squishy. With your level I would probably go for Ahsoka.
    3. I'm probably in minority here, but I use it mainly on hard nodes - JC,Chewie (5*), RG, JKA, Ahsoka, Boba. After I finished smth, went for others. Worth mentioning: Teebo, FOTP, Barriss, Rey, IGD. Usefull in the long run: IG86, Ewok Elder. gear drop rates are awful for me so as Raw mentioned I farm them from shipments, guild shop, fleet shop or guild donations. I found that only holo projectors and syringes are orth farming.
  • Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    1. You need to farm mods. Idk if opponents have them, but you definitelly lack them, just basic 1*.
    I'm farming the 1st stage of the dot-health-Mods challenge, wait and see.
    I tried today with Ackbar/Boba/Lando/STH/RG but dooku 1v4 (RG dead) me all time. My RG is probably not strong enought and never stun :(
    Do i have to try to stun dooku each turn ?
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you run double tanks then no, on the contrary. Def up is quite helpful and will give your main tank a chance to soak up some dmg. On that lvl stun is not too reliable, but buffs always help. His stun is mostly for when opponent has 2 units left. Your main focus is to get everybody else killed asap. Attacking Dooku will only stall you. Give him a potency cross and all else into health. You should focus on moding both tanks first and foremost since there are your lifeline. It will always help to have ackbar faster than Lando if you intend to use DD twice - you can easily whipe out opponents as early as round 2 this way - 3 DD attacks + single target.
    Do take notice that there is always RNG involved. If you're unlcuky, epsecially on low levels, you will loose even with good set-up's.
  • Options
    Okay thanks for answer.
    At my level (52) it looks impossible (to me) to beat dooku with nihilus lead skill.
    I made 4 try. All of them dooku 1v4 my team (RG dead) :dizzy:
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    wawrzon wrote: »
    QGJ main focus is either for HAAT phase 1 team or dealing with multiple tunters in arena (you must judge yourself). He is easy to gear, but very squishy.

Well depends with that easy to gear. He is until gVIII, but most units' G8 is easy to reach. My GQJ still waits for some time to become g9, but this needs a Mk5-droid caller, 50 salvages that are not farmable in nodes. Two of the salvages cost 660 guild tokens. And if you ask your guild mates, they can only donate 2 per day. And, you need that Mk5 droid callers also for Wedge (first).

Not enough with that, you need 50 Mk3 stun cuffs. These are cheaper but still. So that "easy gear" on QGJ stopps relatively early.

• MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about mods:
    I'm farming 5* Health Mods atm and was wondering what is better: A full 5* health mod set with good secondaries or a basic 1* with CC and CD? I guess that for Lando it might be better with a 1* CC and CD, but Wedge and Biggs, do they really need that CC/CD boost (even if it's from bad mods)? (My STH and Boba are already full on health mods)
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I can farm 5 dot health mods until I can get wedge and worry about GS later.

Sometimes i get 3,4,5 dot health mods from the T3 challenge, which ones are worth upgrading?

I plan to star up Ahsoka to 7 stars in catina shipments. I am current top 3 in fleet arena, but i am falling behind in ship power as I need to get a 5th and 6th ship (Boba's, SunFac's or DMaul's, which ever i can get first)

In arena, once I get wedge geared up and ready, I will use wiggs, BF, STH and Lando. I plan to gear up sunfac after that.

• wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Roukino wrote: »
    Okay thanks for answer.
    At my level (52) it looks impossible (to me) to beat dooku with nihilus lead skill.
    I made 4 try. All of them dooku 1v4 my team (RG dead) :dizzy:
    You probably just need to mod units a bit and get used to it. Same teams can be played differently depending on who is running them, matter of experience. Just try different things and experiment a bit. You'll get the hang of it. For now you can just skip those teams and snipe easier ones.
    As far as I'm concerned - it's just a matter of getting better mods or actually modding all units.
    Raw wrote: »
    Not enough with that, you need 50 Mk3 stun cuffs. These are cheaper but still. So that "easy gear" on QGJ stopps relatively early.
    True. It's still relativelly easy compared to other units. However his usefullness is very limited so cons outweight pros in this case.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MaTucci wrote: »
    Just a quick question about mods:
    I'm farming 5* Health Mods atm and was wondering what is better: A full 5* health mod set with good secondaries or a basic 1* with CC and CD? I guess that for Lando it might be better with a 1* CC and CD, but Wedge and Biggs, do they really need that CC/CD boost (even if it's from bad mods)? (My STH and Boba are already full on health mods)

You must do the maths what is better. With low CC, your CD will be worth less than offense. Somewhere in the guide section there was a thread about it.

Also 5* mods can give good CC secondaries, that add more than these 5% of a set. So for CC, the 1* / 2* sets will be rather bad. But for CD, you could combine a 1* / 2* CD set with a 5* health mod triangle with CD primary.

Sometimes i get 3,4,5 dot health mods from the T3 challenge, which ones are worth upgrading?

Generally these with (5) speed secondaries already shown. Other than that, it would be too much information, maybe refer to a guide like this:
    http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks again, Raw! Will do the maths with my mods and see what is better for me atm.

And btw, decided to go full Jawas now. I won't be able to beat the 3* CC Challenge anytime soon, that way IG-88 isn't extremally necessary now, and I'm total need of CD mods. Knowing that I wont be needing IG-88 in the next weeks, I'm going for Nebit in Arena, 5 shards a day for Datcha from GW (that way I won't lose much on the ships) and 1 refresh from cantina a day for Jawa (while getting Jawa Scavenger from the shipments). The only struggle will be JE, but I hope I can get him while I'm getting Jawa Scavenger (which theoretically is the slower farm).

Will tell you guys in roughly 15 days if that was worth it, but I guess it'll be, I don't really have another toon that needs farming now, and getting those mods will help me a lot.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    MaTucci wrote: »
    And btw, decided to go full Jawas now. I won't be able to beat the 3* CC Challenge anytime soon, that way IG-88 isn't extremally necessary now, and I'm total need of CD mods. Knowing that I wont be needing IG-88 in the next weeks, I'm going for Nebit in Arena, 5 shards a day for Datcha from GW (that way I won't lose much on the ships) and 1 refresh from cantina a day for Jawa (while getting Jawa Scavenger from the shipments). The only struggle will be JE, but I hope I can get him while I'm getting Jawa Scavenger (which theoretically is the slower farm).

Will tell you guys in roughly 15 days if that was worth it, but I guess it'll be, I don't really have another toon that needs farming now, and getting those mods will help me a lot.

I activated my Jawa Scavenger for you to show you why this is a bad idea (now). See:

d55f07de2fed4c6fb54ed159303c7771.png

2'500'000 credits for level 70. And that's probably needed to 3* the tierIII CD mod challenge, that is 5x 2'5 = 12'500'000 credits. Also you probably need 5x G7, gear that you will lack on other toons. So you are too early with that challenge.

Don't mess with the possibility to finish the highest possible credit heist! IG88 5* may be enough until lvl80, okay. But the CC challenge is much easier, because you already have 3 strong scoundrels.

• MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    I have 12 mil laying around (won't spend all of that on them, obviously), until I'm able to play the next Credit Heist, I'll already have IG-88 at 7*. Jawa Enginner will be a slow farm, that way I can slowly build my Jawas (it'll take maybe a month) and I have the gear to get them all to g7 without hurting my other toons too.
    But I'll keep in mind and won't rush into that, just slowly build them up
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    For the Jakku Omega challenge, I also farmed 50 shards of Chief Nebit and gave him G7 already. I want these Jawas, too :) But first I finish IGD in the guild store, then comes my Jawa Engeneer.
    Also I will probably first farm Sidious in Arena after Tarkin and Teebo in GW (after the ships...) so that Jawa challenge will not be available for me soon.
    Furthermore Doitsuyama mentioned that buying mods in the mod shipments might be the better option. I think I agree, but only after lvl80 credit heist that is.
    In the last weeks I only got 2x a A-type mod and both were crap. OFC this is pure RNG but chances for good mods are really low and every day 19 attempts... Thats also very expensive for some (as it turned out) crappy mods.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Haven't even start IGD yet, my Jedis are lacking some love hahah
    I'll do Sidious after Nebit, IG-88 and Tarkin to 5* (will problably be around the time I start to switch my team to Siths, that's why I won't farm him before).

I only bought like 4~5 mods since I unlocked them, a long time ago, my RNG for those mods is not very good (but can't complain about speed arrow, I have 2 5*, 2 4* and a 4 3* or lower lol)
  • Options
    Hey Raw, I managed to pull Old Ben and Chirrut from the 500 crystals being given away right now, should they be placed in my Arena squad or should I use the composition you recommend?
  • Options
    Hey, also been following this one, level 74 as of now.

I farmed up Chewie to 5 for the 3rd Crit-chance Mod challenge, however as of now it is hard as hell and I am only able to complete it ~50% of the time. I modded everybody (IG, Lando, STH, Chewie, Boba) as good as I could with 5* health mods. Gear is currently pretty much standing still due to lack of furnace 5 farming sources.

So how should I proceed with cantina energy.. farming 2nd crit chance mod challenge for 4* mods seems like a waste of money.. do I go TFP then until I have leveled /geared up more ?

Thanks,

Verkhaz
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    @Verkhaz
    Yes, farm TFP until you are stronger. 3* should be the aim, you should not lose a fight.

@MistSaint
    I've never seen a Chirrut without Baze, because in my shard people bought them together. Try it instead of JC/GS but as soon as you have Wedge, I'd say Chirrut is rather 'out'.
    Old Ben, I don't see much synergy here?
  • Koresh
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The Sith event has hurt people following this guide for a number of reasons, first of all - Nihilus is free. Secondly, all sith are easy to get to gear and are usually one gear level above agility based attackers. Third, under nihilus sith are extremely tanky with all that extra health from protection. Once people who are following this guide get wedge, it gets easier to burst them down, but until then it becomes a real block for people who started around late january or so.

That being said, sith are extremely vulnerable to heal block. I had lots of sucess using IG-88 against them at first, but then people figured that out and now all sith I face are using tenacity cross mods (probably because of Sid heal block on basic). Another thing I tried before was using maul to daze dooku and burst him at first, but this had too much RNG involved and a 50/50 success rate or so.

On my shard, avoiding them is not an option since everyone at ranks 1 through 10 is using a sith group with nihilus, vader and dooku.

So what I'm doing is, if you can't beat them, join them. I just leveled and threw gear into my vader, dooku, maul and nihilus and using bobba with them (though you could use assassin or trooper) - in the meantime I keep working on my rebels. I got dooku from starter pack way back (the only purchase I believe is worthwhile) and maul from fleet and guild for his ship, so they are still at their starting star values. This has allowed me to climb back to top 5 consistently. Without this I was struggling to keep top 10, after being number 1 or 2 for the entire month. Battles are terribly boring and long, but the attacker usually wins since the AI makes bad strategic choices on who to execute with Nihilus.

Remember you are at this for the long run. I will have an emperor palpatine in 10 days while looking at the rosters of other sith users in the top 20 in my shard I don't see any with 5 rebels at 5*s (so they can at least unlock palpatine).

And besides vader and maul, siths don't fly ships...

Post edited by Koresh on
  • Options
    I think the best plan to deal with sith and the level of success will depend heavily on your shard. I'm up against at least 10-15 players who have each spent hundreds through to thousands in my 2.5 week old shard, and the top 5 has been out of reach since the first few days. Most of the strong sith teams in my top 20 also have enough 5* plus rebels to add EP to their teams when the event arrives, so things won't get easier any time soon.

I'm planning to stick to the recommended team for a while which might be able to break into the top 10 when I get Wedge (lvl 56 now). Doing well in ships and credit heists together with some luck with mods seems my best chance of keeping in the top 20 for the medium term. Maybe some of the new phoenix rebels will help too.

I'm curious what people think of Kylo Ren as an option for arena. Kylo seems really good vs dot-heavy teams, fits in a variety of teams, is good in raids, and has a strong zeta when the time comes. Competes for farming with mods and a lot of important characters though, and not sure how he fits in a rebel heavy team before lvl 75+.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all, I think if we join a good guild at the first time (strong enough to beat Raid/AAT easily, all we have to do is having enough requirements for joining the RAID/AAT and get bonus), we can focus to no-jedi toons. That will save some resources, and we can farm jedi-toons later.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    With the Jedi, just two thoughts:
    With lvl80 you should have a good credit income.
    My tactics will now (that I reached it) change to buy mods in the shipments, so I use cantina energy for shards.
    Chances for 5dot mods are quite good, about 4x each shipment.

Guilds that to hAAT require you to have a fitting Jedi team for P1 (my experience, ofc you can be lucky that they let you be a leech).
  • Options
    Chances for 5dot mods are quite good, about 4x each shipment.
    First rule for shipment: No speed secondary, no buy. Speed secondaries are the real meta, be it a Wiggs team or a zMaul team. In Arena the faster team has the advantage.
    Guilds that to hAAT require you to have a fitting Jedi team for P1 (my experience, ofc you can be lucky that they let you be a leech).
    I managed to get into a hAAT guild (which has 30k raid tickets every day since foundation, so it's an excellent guild, I'd say) through connections with other leaders in my Arena shard. My Jedi team is absolutely not ready, but I actually wasn't too bad in p1 because of Kylo who is the (not so) secret star here (so farming Kylo is a must). My g10/11 Wiggs Lando team is still not good enough for p2, getting only one topple - Wiggs must be g11.
    The main requirement to get into this guild is bringing the 600 raid tickets *every* day (30k every day is the #1 goal after all) and be top 20 in Arena (and having swgoh and line accounts also is mandatory but this is no real hurdle). Since I am Rank 1 pretty much every day, the guild leaders don't have too much worries that I will not be able to field hAAT teams sooner or later, the 500 crystals really allow to gear the main toons.

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thank you. So Kylo should be farmed even before Aayla? My cantina options atm are
    - 5* GS => 7*
    - 4* TFP => 7*
    - 3* Aayla => 7*
    - 5* JKA => 7* (currently hard nodes only)
    - 6* JC => 7*
    - 0* Kylo/B2/Dooku
    Any idea about the order?
  • Options
    Thank you. So Kylo should be farmed even before Aayla? My cantina options atm are
    - 5* GS => 7*
    - 4* TFP => 7*
    - 3* Aayla => 7*
    - 5* JKA => 7* (currently hard nodes only)
    - 6* JC => 7*
    - 0* Kylo/B2/Dooku
    Any idea about the order?
    I agree with your options, and I did JKA and JC to 7* with hard nodes only, there simply are more must haves in Cantina than on hard nodes. I also did GS and TFP to 7* first because they are pilots and at the time I needed strong pilots to compensate for not buying any ship data cards. I also farmed B2 to 4* because I considered it a must have toon before Kylo's rework. I farmed him right away and he is 7* now, and I farm Aayla now because I'm in a hAAT guild now and just have to field a respectable p1 team. My planned setup of JKA, Ahsoka, Aayla, QGJ and Kylo is confirmed to be one of the best possible, so I stay with Aayla until 7* and farm B2 and Dooku afterwards.
    So your priorities would depend on the relative importance of Fleet Arena and AAT raid for you which only you will know.
  • Options
    I am level 67 and need to think about where to invest my first raid gear. I think there are three options:

1) Stick with rebels (in general, I didn't farm them in the beginning). The Wiggs, Lando, STHan, Boba squad will let you stay in top 20 for a while and you don't have to change your team, but with the first Zetas zMauls and zVaders will crush this team. Might be hard to switch to a complete new team on level 80 or 85.

2) Go with the meta. It is Empire/Sith now. You let your rebels on gear 8 and make another team of EP, Vader, Boba, TFP and maybe RG while farming some siths for later. However, if you have them all Gear 11, Phoenix, Ewoks or Nightsisters could be the new meta.

3) Make a team of versatile toons who can be used in any meta. For example Rex (L), Boba, Kylo, Sun Fac and B2. You will not have a meta team and not much synergy, but a team of toons who are good for themselves. You can also make a Rex team with Wiggs or an empire team with Boba and Kylo. I will take this option (with Rex (L), Kylo, Sun Fac, Aayla, Barriss/5s).

Moreover, do you think it is good to start with Boba? He need so much raid gear that you could get a whole squad to gear 10 with it.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am lvl80 now and I don't see any problem in switching my team with my first zeta to zMaul lead. It is not so hard to 7* Maul and Sun Fac until lvl75 and they are good ds pilots.

Boba is not sooo hard to gear. With lvl79, I could upgrade him to g10 already. His ship is also 5* so ready for zeta challenge.

Rex comes after SF and Maul, so he will also be ready in the foreseeable future.

I will aim for zMaul, Nihilus, Boba, EP and sun Fac then. So Boba should be in anyways.
    Thx again @Doitsuyama