• Krrigar
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    1. Baze
    2. Chirrut
    3. Darth Nihilus
    4. Wedge

Thank you for the thorough answer. I've seen others give a similar top 4 list so I guess the crux of my question would be this: If I pull Baze or Nihilus, would I use them in the early game, replacing one of Wedge, Biggs, Boba, Lando, or StH? And if you don't replace any of them, why would you want one of the late game heroes in your starting pack?
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Weachsy wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks for the great guide, it really helps a lot!

After my first Account is at lvl 74 but not competitive, I've decided to reroll...

Wedge would be the perfect char to roll at the beginning, but you would need a lot of luck to actually get him (I tried 15-20 times now...).

I have rolled on different accounts:
    Rex
    STH
    Lando

With whom would you go?

It saw notice that Wedge is only opened in IOS devices, Biggs is for Android devices ( i got him with 2 accounts - but not the first open).

I think beginning with toons belong to rebel/scoundrels team like Raw's guide will be better for some important events (credit heist, emperor demise) because you will need farm to 7* anyway or rare toons sold in shipment like Baze, DN will be a good investment for lev 70+ or 75+.

So for me, the best is Baze in the first open.
    If not, rebel toons like Lando, St Han, or Biggs is ok. ( that based on my view at lev 79+, so i am not sure it will be good for new arena shard).

• Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    So I pulled Baze and Rex and not sure what exactly to do: a) go guide's way until Chirrut is farmed&geared and drop STH then for Chaze&Wiggs+Boba/Lando/whoever_it_should_be composition or b) somehow avoid farming STH, but not sure if it's reasonable - his TM abilities seem to be the key part of the rebel+Boba team success. Any thoughts?

I'd use Baze early on, when STH is decidedly squishy; then swap out to STH for mid/late-game. Once Chirrut and Baze get starred and geared (level 80+?), swap them in for Lando and STH.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Krrigar wrote: »
    Thank you for the thorough answer. I've seen others give a similar top 4 list so I guess the crux of my question would be this: If I pull Baze or Nihilus, would I use them in the early game, replacing one of Wedge, Biggs, Boba, Lando, or StH? And if you don't replace any of them, why would you want one of the late game heroes in your starting pack?

Yes, you'd use those toons in the early game. Baze is generally a better tank than STH until the midgame, and Nihilus would similarly substitute in for Boba. But you wouldn't necessarily deviate from the plan specified in Raw's guide. Once STH and Boba reach 7* gear 8+, you could argue that they outperform chromium 3* Baze and Nihilus.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    This forum software needs a bugfix, always eats postings you edit...
    ROKNZJ wrote: »
    Raw, Just out of curiosity, what level were you and to what lineup did your Arena team evolve from Wiggs, Lando, Boba, STH?

I don't remember the level I had but I changed Lando for SF and hat this double tank strategy.
    By the way just yesterday I came back to these double tanks (Rex DN Zylo STH SF).
    ROKNZJ wrote: »
    I'm also trying to upgrade a Dark Side team because I'm losing battles. Did y'all just upgrade and run your dark pilots, Boba, TFP, FOTP, Maul, SF, or do you actually put together a team with synergies and upgrade them? I should get Palpatine when his event comes around, and I have Kylo and Phasma, so I'm wondering if I can do a Phasma L, Kylo, Palp, GS, SF or Palp L, Vader, Maul, Kylo, Phasma. None of those lineups works yet because they aren't geared. I'm always trying to not spread myself too thin with gear farming and ability upgrades, so I'd lean towards gearing up dark pilots but I'm worried about them not working together.

I haven't upgraded FOTP yet. Interesting enough I lost against a guy in fleet who ran Biggs TIEx1 Fives Boba FOTP with lvl85 ships but only lvl1 pilots (Fives, FOTP). So in the early months after lvl85 it seems you can win without gearing you pilots.

Imo Maul will be out over the next weeks. R2D2 made the Rex teams even stronger against Zaul. Phasma's only relevance is for raids. Vader is mostly relevant as a pilot and in raids. GS's ship can be be replaced with TIEx1. So I'd stick to gearing DN, Boba, Kylo, EP and SF from you dark side fraction, also RG who is relvant for the P3 TIEpatine team and Empire events like R2D2 now.
  • Options
    Hi @Raw, thank you for the great guide.

So I actually in a stage where Im a bit lost on who should I gear IX/X first. Do we have gear farm priority guide? Should I focus on my arena, raid or ship toons?

P.S. Sorry if this question have been asked b4. xD
  • Options
    Pandamon wrote: »

So I actually in a stage where Im a bit lost on who should I gear IX/X first. Do we have gear farm priority guide? Should I focus on my arena, raid or ship toons?

I'm not guru at all but arena squad is most important of all the squads - it gives you crystals.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

Only if you have no problems with rank1 every day you can prioritize pilots. If you manage rank1 fleet every day, raid chars.
    For me that will mean to have 7* clones with lvl1 gear1 until my arena is all g11.
    Tanks need to be geared first because they profit from gear upgrades a lot (3-4x 23,5% protection mods will give you ~10k protection for a gear level).
  • Weachsy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Weachsy wrote: »
    Hi,

thanks for the great guide, it really helps a lot!

After my first Account is at lvl 74 but not competitive, I've decided to reroll...

Wedge would be the perfect char to roll at the beginning, but you would need a lot of luck to actually get him (I tried 15-20 times now...).

I have rolled on different accounts:
    Rex
    STH
    Lando

With whom would you go?

It saw notice that Wedge is only opened in IOS devices, Biggs is for Android devices ( i got him with 2 accounts - but not the first open).

I think beginning with toons belong to rebel/scoundrels team like Raw's guide will be better for some important events (credit heist, emperor demise) because you will need farm to 7* anyway or rare toons sold in shipment like Baze, DN will be a good investment for lev 70+ or 75+.

So for me, the best is Baze in the first open.
    If not, rebel toons like Lando, St Han, or Biggs is ok. ( that based on my view at lev 79+, so i am not sure it will be good for new arena shard).

The wedge/Biggs open was only in november last year.

I googled but I could not find a single comment on somebody pulled wedge (or even baze) as a first pull.

Can somebody confirm, that he actually pulled wedge?

• Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Imo Maul will be out over the next weeks. R2D2 made the Rex teams even stronger against Zaul. Phasma's only relevance is for raids. Vader is mostly relevant as a pilot and in raids. GS's ship can be be replaced with TIEx1. So I'd stick to gearing DN, Boba, Kylo, EP and SF from you dark side fraction, also RG who is relvant for the P3 TIEpatine team and Empire events like R2D2 now.

So a couple of observations, id like to read what your thoughts are.

1. What you say about R2 is definitely true, but I think only for older servers. Any new players, going as far back as 1-2 months ago, will find zMaul to be top of their server meta for a long time once achieved as nobody will have R2 for many months anyway.

Im on a late March/early April server (level 60-70'ish). Im sure I will be able to count on one or two hands the number of people who will have R2 unlocked by event end. It would have to be players who specifically focused empire from the beginning or whaled it up with empire pack purchases from store. Also keep in mind that R2 will not be available again for many months.

zMaul is one of the most powerful mid-late-end-game teams to strive for and from what I have heard, has the advantage (however small) over Rex/chaze setups that dont have R2. Add that to how powerful Scimitar is and I still think he should be a part of the recommended farm in the guide.

2. Chaze/Rebels vs DN/Emperor/Empire/Sith

So even if you find that zMaul is not ideal for your server, sith and empire are still top tier for end game pvp in general without needing a semi-paywall character like Baze. Emperor Palp led empire/sith are very strong, especially vs rebels, and is f2p as palp is available bi-monthly so it should be something to discuss/explore in your guide.

Also consider DN. He is top tier atm and becomes available to farm much sooner than Baze from my understanding, due to the extreme difficulty of 9-B. I would suggest that people who DO NOT intend on shelling out 4k crystals early to buy Baze should slowly shift their focus away from rebels in the mid game and work towards empire/sith.

Im not advising to halt building up rebels, as they are still needed for a variety of reasons as mentioned in your guide (obviously for Palp as well), but if the guide and player are truly intending to focused on arena/ships first over all else, then rebels should shift to a slower, long term side project at some point, in favor of empire/sith.

3. Rex countering zMaul. My understanding is that zMaul is still very capable of beating Rex teams, and it often comes down to RNG and/or mods. On top of that you still need an auto taunter like Baze or GK for a Rex lead to even be viable vs zMaul.

Most of the above is what ive gleaned off of my guild members, some is my experiences in arena.

What I really want to pont out is that my experience on my server server, as f2p not running Baze, starting from the low 50's the recommended lando rebels setup was not strong enough to go past top 100. Thats why I think for f2p who will not buy baze, maybe some adjustments might be necessary going into the lvl 60+ time frame of the guide. Perhaps its as simple the starting chromium pack character. Wedge for example would help greatly in the lvl 50-70 zone when it becomes very rough for Lando, non baze rebels.
  • Options

Only if you have no problems with rank1 every day you can prioritize pilots. If you manage rank1 fleet every day, raid chars.
    For me that will mean to have 7* clones with lvl1 gear1 until my arena is all g11.
    Tanks need to be geared first because they profit from gear upgrades a lot (3-4x 23,5% protection mods will give you ~10k protection for a gear level).

Stuck at top 50 in my arena, its too hard to break top 30. Guess I will be spending more times on my arena squad for now.

Anyway, good to know about the tanks. Thanks man!
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Rifter wrote: »
    What I really want to pont out is that my experience on my server server, as f2p not running Baze, starting from the low 50's the recommended lando rebels setup was not strong enough to go past top 100. Thats why I think for f2p who will not buy baze, maybe some adjustments might be necessary going into the lvl 60+ time frame of the guide. Perhaps its as simple the starting chromium pack character. Wedge for example would help greatly in the lvl 50-70 zone when it becomes very rough for Lando, non baze rebels.

Not being able to break into the 21-50 bracket seems like an exception to the general trend being reported by players following this guide.

The first account I played, I didn't bother with an initial chromium pull, or with hoarding energy; and yet I easily stayed top 20 until about level 40. After level 40, a sufficient mass of P2P folks emerged and bumped me out of the top 20, but I held the 25-45 range all the way through level 80.

I have two friends who did hoard energy at the start, and they were able to rocket up to top 3 of their respective arena shards, where the additional crystal income then let them buy Baze and Chirrut, star them up to 7*, and stay in the top 5. Both are approaching level 85, and are still using Chaze and Wiggs as the core of their arena team.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    zMaul is one of the most powerful mid-late-end-game teams to strive for and from what I have heard, has the advantage (however small) over Rex/chaze setups that dont have R2. Add that to how powerful Scimitar is and I still think he should be a part of the recommended farm in the guide.
    Thank you for your posting. Let's have a look at the current meta rank 1:
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads
    I see no Maul team with the following condition (cumulative):
    - no chaze
    - no SA
    - no Savage (Zavage)
    So if you want to go for a Maul team, you need an additional SA and/or Savage. That is possible but Savage/SA will be additional farms you need to gear.
    2. Chaze/Rebels vs DN/Emperor/Empire/Sith
    So even if you find that zMaul is not ideal for your server, sith and empire are still top tier for end game pvp in general without needing a semi-paywall character like Baze. Emperor Palp led empire/sith are very strong, especially vs rebels, and is f2p as palp is available bi-monthly so it should be something to discuss/explore in your guide.
    That's right. I already mentioned in the comments that EP (L) TFP RG Vader Boba is a setup that would be viable for some time and can be done with the farm recommendations. I should mention it in the guide as well.
    Also consider DN. He is top tier atm and becomes available to farm much sooner than Baze from my understanding, due to the extreme difficulty of 9-B. I would suggest that people who DO NOT intend on shelling out 4k crystals early to buy Baze should slowly shift their focus away from rebels in the mid game and work towards empire/sith.
    As far as I remember I managed the 9 light side battles with level 84 and my arena shard mates also did it. Take Jyn lead from an ally and use your own Wedge. So I had 9C light side earlier.
    With Baze however look again at the meta report. Almost every team comp uses Chaze.
    I agree that you also need DN ofc.
    Im not advising to halt building up rebels, as they are still needed for a variety of reasons as mentioned in your guide (obviously for Palp as well), but if the guide and player are truly intending to focused on arena/ships first over all else, then rebels should shift to a slower, long term side project at some point, in favor of empire/sith.
    What do you think about the following alternative:
    "Once you have unlocked and geared EP, you may consider EP (L) TFP RG Vader Boba as an alternative arena team."?
    3. Rex countering zMaul. My understanding is that zMaul is still very capable of beating Rex teams, and it often comes down to RNG and/or mods. On top of that you still need an auto taunter like Baze or GK for a Rex lead to even be viable vs zMaul.
    I don't have an auto taunter and can kill any Zaul teams. Yesterday a Zaul team took the no.1 at 6:30 minutes to my payout and I autoplayed against it in 55 seconds with Rex Zylo Boba DN SF... I don't think he would be as fast as this the other way round.

By the way our last Lando lead has now changed his setup from Lando Wedge Biggs STH Boba to Wedge Biggs STH Boba DN. He finished rank 2 yesterday. Another player uses Wedge (L) Jyn Lando Biggs STH (currently rank 4). A third player uses Wedge Biggs Lando STH K2 (currently rank 14). So three players in the top rank 20 with rebels that don't use Chaze. Another one is Rex (L) Wiggs STH Boba (currently rank 24), which would also be in reach of rank 1 without buying refreshes.

What do you think about Jyn as a farm?

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Btw. my guild mates also agree that Zaul teams are for players with great speed secondary mods rather.
  • Krrigar
    10 posts Member
    Options
    An update regarding my rerolling for a good hero in the first chromium pack. It basically turned into a weekend project and I ended up rerolling 125 times. These are the results:
    Hero name                   | Times drawn
    -----------------------------------------
    Old Ben                     | 5
    Lando                       | 3
    Mace Windu                  | 4
    Finn                        | 2
    Rex                         | 6
    Admiral Ackbar              | 5
    Stormtrooper Han            | 4
    Lobot                       | 5
    Hoth Rebel Soldier          | 7
    Poe Dameron                 | 4
    Echo                        | 8
    Cody                        | 7
    Aayla Secura                | 4
    Qui-Gon Jinn                | 5
    Resistance Trooper          | 7
    Princess Leia               | 8
    Resistance Pilot            | 9
    Ewok Elder                  | 9
    Jedi Knight Guardian        | 11
    Coruscant Underworld Police | 12
    Total                       | 125

The biggest take-away from this is that I'm 99% certain that Capital Games has removed the possibility of getting the most high-profile heroes in the first pack you open, namely Wedge, Baze and Chirrut.

Some other points to note are that all the heroes are Light side, and that you always get an actual hero, not shards.

So with these results it looks like Stormtrooper Han is the best starting hero at the moment. I think I'll make a dedicated thread with my findings so it will be easier for other players to find this information, and maybe gather more data points from other rerollers.
  • Hylaios
    8 posts Member
    Options
    An update regarding my rerolling for a good hero in the first chromium pack. It basically turned into a weekend project and I ended up rerolling 125 times.

Amazing project Krrigar! I had to laugh when I read that you pulled CUP 12 times, what a wonderful starting char that is :D
  • NPVIRR
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Firstly, thank you Raw for this guide! I have been following this for some solid time now and its benefits have been obvious - I was able to hold a top 3/5/10 rank for the better part of a month.

However, I have been encountering some issues. I've reached 60 and am well on my way with ships, but my arena team (Lando, Boba, STH, Biggs, Ackbar) is losing its edge. Today, I dropped to rank 30 overnight, which clearly indicates that I am getting hammered on defence. This does not help me when I am trying to secure a high rank to get crystals that I have been successfully using to refresh energy.

Edit 1: I am 25/80 to unlocking Wedge, and can keep up with top 50 in fleet arena.
    Edit 2: 99% of teams in my arena shard's top 30 have Chaze.

Here is a link to my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/toores%20jõud/

Does Raw, or anyone else for that matter, have some substantial advice that could help me in this somewhat whaley shard?

Thanks a lot!
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest take-away from this is that I'm 99% certain that Capital Games has removed the possibility of getting the most high-profile heroes in the first pack you open, namely Wedge, Baze and Chirrut.

Wow. I gave up after a dozen tries, mostly from the annoyance of having to make new Gmail and iTunes accounts. Much respect for having the patience to do this.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    NPVIRR wrote: »
    Firstly, thank you Raw for this guide! I have been following this for some solid time now and its benefits have been obvious - I was able to hold a top 3/5/10 rank for the better part of a month.

However, I have been encountering some issues. I've reached 60 and am well on my way with ships, but my arena team (Lando, Boba, STH, Biggs, Ackbar) is losing its edge. Today, I dropped to rank 30 overnight, which clearly indicates that I am getting hammered on defence. This does not help me when I am trying to secure a high rank to get crystals that I have been successfully using to refresh energy.

Edit 1: I am 25/80 to unlocking Wedge, and can keep up with top 50 in fleet arena.
    Edit 2: 99% of teams in my arena shard's top 30 have Chaze.

Here is a link to my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/toores%20jõud/

Does Raw, or anyone else for that matter, have some substantial advice that could help me in this somewhat whaley shard?

Thanks a lot!

With Baze being available for 4'000 crystals (80 crystals x 50 shards) this is available people with a good rank or people who pay like 20-25 Euros/Dollars, I can easily imagine that on a server with a few thousand players there will be 30 people who pay this (or save the crystals if they start with a good rank). So unfortunately I don't see any possiblity to get around this as pure ftp other than also try to get Chaze. As long as you don't you have to optimize your Boba strategy so you can execute Chirrut in the right moment. But sure this doesn't help you on defense.

The cure will come later with lvl85, when the p2p's advantage will decrease. With my today's team
    https://swgoh.gg/u/raw/ Rex Zylo DN Boba SF
    the chaze teams are quite easy because you have healing immunity, stun and execute / annihilate.
    However this is also only true on offense.

What would really help if you enter a hAAT guild early. One guy had his g11 General Kenobi with lvl83 and he seems to stay on top5 without fighting.

• Krrigar
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Hylaios wrote: »
    Amazing project Krrigar! I had to laugh when I read that you pulled CUP 12 times, what a wonderful starting char that is :D

Thanks! And yeah, not exactly a hero to carry you to rank 1. I did get more of the 1-2 star heroes, so it makes sense I guess.
    Wow. I gave up after a dozen tries, mostly from the annoyance of having to make new Gmail and iTunes accounts. Much respect for having the patience to do this.

Thanks, luckily I have access to an email alias service, letting me create temporary addresses forwarding the emails to my one email account. Even so, the entire project did take a bit of time!

• NPVIRR
    9 posts Member
    Options

With Baze being available for 4'000 crystals (80 crystals x 50 shards) this is available people with a good rank or people who pay like 20-25 Euros/Dollars, I can easily imagine that on a server with a few thousand players there will be 30 people who pay this (or save the crystals if they start with a good rank). So unfortunately I don't see any possiblity to get around this as pure ftp other than also try to get Chaze. As long as you don't you have to optimize your Boba strategy so you can execute Chirrut in the right moment. But sure this doesn't help you on defense.

The cure will come later with lvl85, when the p2p's advantage will decrease. With my today's team
    the chaze teams are quite easy because you have healing immunity, stun and execute / annihilate.

What would really help if you enter a hAAT guild early. One guy had his g11 General Kenobi with lvl83 and he seems to stay on top5 without fighting.

Thank you for the advice! Are there any promising short-term remedies to my situation? Wedge, Sun Fac, or a 5* Palpatine? These are really the earliest options that are available to me.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    I've reached 60 and am well on my way with ships, but my arena team (Lando, Boba, STH, Biggs, Ackbar) is losing its edge. Today, I dropped to rank 30 overnight, which clearly indicates that I am getting hammered on defence. This does not help me when I am trying to secure a high rank to get crystals that I have been successfully using to refresh energy.

Ackbar is low value for the spot he takes up in your team, and you won't have Wedge fully starred and ready to go until level 70+.

I personally used GS to plug the gap until Wedge was ready. I seem to recall that he was relatively tanky and easy to gear. And investing resources in him didn't seem like a waste, since he's a core pilot for Ackbar fleets.

You might also want to use the level 62-69 block to farm for mods. Hammer away at those 5* health mods at two cantina refreshes daily, and eventually you'll hit the jackpot. Like you, I also had an arena slump - except mine was after I got Wedge - and it was mods that turned it around for me.

• Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options

Hi Raw, your current arena lineup is interesting! Your toons are fast, but not in the 200+ speed range that seems to be the logical result of the speed arms race happening on my shard. (i.e. my boba is faster than your boba, so I ability block you first, then kill one of your toons before you can bring any special abilities into play.)

Is that how the Rex leadership works? Be tanky, take the hits, generate a lot of TM, then counterattack? Also, I noticed that you stacked a lot of crit% on Kylo. Is that deliberate, or simply that you had to make good use of Lando's crit mods?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Hi Raw, your current arena lineup is interesting! Your toons are fast, but not in the 200+ speed range that seems to be the logical result of the speed arms race happening on my shard. (i.e. my boba is faster than your boba, so I ability block you first, then kill one of your toons before you can bring any special abilities into play.)
    There are three main reasons:
    1. My Rex has got some tenacity (1 set and cross) so if the opponent uses a speed boba, he will most likely not have much potency. By this my Rex would then do his cleanse+tenacity up next after the enemy Boba's AoE.
    2. I own a speed set with potency for my Boba (you can see it on my EP atm) with 2x 11 speed secondaries so that my Boba would have 214 speed and with that potency set (transmitter is on DN atm). However my Boba is only g10 so my competitors who are g11 have these 2x MK6 Merr-Sonn Thermals have 217 and 223 speed so there is no use for my speed set here atm. I will soon be able to upgrade Boba g11 and then the speed set might be in again.
    3. If you fight against Rex leads, you want your crits to be as hard as possible so I decided for a CD set. Also for the reason that I bought a CD set cross with potency.
    Is that how the Rex leadership works? Be tanky, take the hits, generate a lot of TM, then counterattack? Also, I noticed that you stacked a lot of crit% on Kylo. Is that deliberate, or simply that you had to make good use of Lando's crit mods?
    I do a lot of theory crafting with my mods and Lando's time is gone a long time ago for me :wink:
    My guild created an excel file where you can see when CC / CD or offense would profit most. I also linked a thread about the maths with CC/CD/Offense here some time ago. Maybe you can find it, it was also in the guide section of this forum.
    You can see I use one health set on Kylo, this is because this 136 offense transmitter. Also Kylo has a low base CC so I still am below 50% CC with +19% CC by mods. To get the most of this 5* CD triangle you need a good CC, too. If you don't get it you would better of with only playing for offense.
  • Weachsy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    An update regarding my rerolling for a good hero in the first chromium pack. It basically turned into a weekend project and I ended up rerolling 125 times. These are the results:
    Hero name                   | Times drawn
    Old Ben                     | 5
    Lando                       | 3
    Mace Windu                  | 4
    Finn                        | 2
    Rex                         | 6
    Admiral Ackbar              | 5
    Stormtrooper Han            | 4
    Lobot                       | 5
    Hoth Rebel Soldier          | 7
    Poe Dameron                 | 4
    Echo                        | 8
    Cody                        | 7
    Aayla Secura                | 4
    Qui-Gon Jinn                | 5
    Resistance Trooper          | 7
    Princess Leia               | 8
    Resistance Pilot            | 9
    Ewok Elder                  | 9
    Jedi Knight Guardian        | 11
    Coruscant Underworld Police | 12
    Total                       | 125

Some other points to note are that all the heroes are Light side, and that you always get an actual hero, not shards.

So with these results it looks like Stormtrooper Han is the best starting hero at the moment. I think I'll make a dedicated thread with my findings so it will be easier for other players to find this information, and maybe gather more data points from other rerollers.

Nice work!
    I will post my list once I finished 50 tries (am at 38 now)
    I pulled some other chars than you (e.g. Kit Fisto, Ewok Scout, Ugnaught...), but still no wedges ore chaze

Im am still undecided between Stormtrooper Han or Rex as my starting hero.
    On my Rex account, I pulled a 2* Biggs out of a Bronzium, so I would have Lando, Boba, Rex and Biggs for the arena start (probably with JC as 5th char)

Is biggs any good without wedges?

If you take St H as first char, what would be the first arena team? Boba, Lando, StH, JC and Talia or Chewbacca?
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs is good also without wedge in the beginning. His assist still hits hard.
  • NPVIRR
    9 posts Member
    Options
    Raw, when and how did you decide to run double tank? I understand that you used SF for that purpose. Is SF viable in terms of being on defence, or reliable to counter the buff-heavy Chaze squads on attack?

Also, what is your top 10 looking like? Your lineup is rather interesting and I bet many more would like to know more.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Raw, when and how did you decide to run double tank? I understand that you used SF for that purpose. Is SF viable in terms of being on defence, or reliable to counter the buff-heavy Chaze squads on attack?

Also, what is your top 10 looking like? Your lineup is rather interesting and I bet many more would like to know more.

That double tank was an idea of a user in this thread. Unfortunately the search function is not very helpful (or how do you reduce your searches to this thread only?), so I don't know when. I think it was about lvl 75.

SF is not very good on defense but ppl hate to fight against him because it often removes their Baze's buff. It is reliable if he is not frozen/stunned. But somewhat RNG (50% chance to counter).

My current top 10:
    1. Wiggs Lando STH K2
    2. me: Rex Kylo DN EP Boba (no tank at all, stayed #2 the whole day)
    3. Wiggs Chaze Jyn
    4. zQGJ zYoda GK JKA Ahsoka
    5. Wiggs Chaze RG
    6. Rex Chaze DN EP (lvl 84, new to the top ten)
    7. EP TFP ShT Boba DT
    8. Jyn Cassian Chaze Zylo
    9. Rex Chaze Boba DN
    10. Rex Chaze Boba DN (new to top ten)

A guy who was #2 the last day dropped to #44 within one day (Zaul Savage team).
  • heldmacm
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I posted a variation of the below in this week's "Megathread", but I haven't received a response, so I figured I might have better luck in the discussion thread for the guide I've tried to stick to upon finding it.

I've been running a mostly rebel arena squad for some time as suggested here (Wiggs, Lando, StH and Boba), but I feel may recently reached the ceiling with this squad, as I'm getting passed by other arena squads. Getting more use out of this team may also be an option, as they're undergeared (primarily because I stayed in a build guild too long before I realized it). With this squad, I've mostly been able to sneak into the top 20, but that's been more difficult lately, and I've never reached higher then rank 10 (and that was some time ago). My shard was started December 2016, so with the exception of I believe one person above me, most do not have General Kenobi...yet. However, I feel I'm being outclassed by most of the competition ahead of me, so I figure now is as good a time as any to inquire about potentially switching directions. Below is my character list:

https://swgoh.gg/u/heldmacm/

Like most in this thread, I'm F2P with the exception of the occasional 21 day crystal subscription. I have not been farming Chaze, as last time I checked this thread, I don't believe they were mentioned as characters to shoot for as F2P players; I certainly could be wrong about that. I am at Light Side battle 9-B (Shoretrooper), and Baze would be next, but I'm unable to even 1* 9-B at the present time (this is almost assuredly where my undergear limitation comes in). I've completed and three starred all tier 3 mod challenges with the exceptions of offense and speed (I don't have the necessary FO or Resistance teams at the moment). At level 83, I refresh both LS/DS and Cantina energy twice daily. My primary goal in considering switching is improving arena rank for the additional crystals and to remain viable within my shard in the future. I'm currently farming Rex, and I'm working towards my first zeta (7 out of 20 mats so far). I need just a few more blueprints of either Slave 1 OR Scimitar to upgrade to 5* and unlock the Zeta challenge. I had planned on using my first zeta for Vader, and still very well may, but following the recent bug fix, I'm open to any suggestions.

One of my higher ranked guildmates had suggested running an Empire team around Zader, TFP, EP (I'll have him at 7* tomorrow, and Vader at 7* should also happen very soon), Boba and one of Sun Fac/Shoretrooper/Baze (Sun Fan is the only one of those I have, as mentioned above). Does that sound like good advice, or has the Zader-led squad mostly been lapped by stronger options (Rex, Zaul, Nihlus teams, etc) in arena? Obviously, such a team
    would not be consistent with the suggestions provided in this thread, but I'm looking for the best course of action for my roster (even if it's to stick to the status quo).

Anyway, if you don't mind taking a look at my roster and offering some suggestions for where I go from here, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks!