Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My story: I didn't get much of a chance to seriously farm for mods until after I finished Wedge 7*, at level 73. Before that, my cantina energy was spent farming shards for Biggs, Lando, and GS; plus a few for Chewbacca and JC to get them 5*. Maybe I had bad luck with shard drop RNG or whatever, but there never seemed to be any cantina energy to spare for mods.

From about level 65 onwards, my arena performance started to drop. I would get knocked out of the top 50 every day, and have to fight my way back in during the last hour. And just like some other people in this thread, I got frustrated, then started looking around for character swaps that would make me competitive again.

In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't switch toons, because once I finished Wedge, and could patiently sink all my daily cantina energy into mods, the situation changed. I got a couple of lucky 10+ speed secondaries for Boba and ST Han. Crit damage for Lando, Wedge, and Biggs. Potency for Boba. Large chunks of health and protection secondaries (1000+ per mod) scattered here and there. Within three weeks, I went from barely being able to hold on to the last couple of spots in the 21-50 arena block, to easily defending somewhere around 25-35. I'm level 76 now. My toons are gear 8.

I see some of the other 21-50 arena players trying to transition to 5* Rex leads, or 4* Chirrut & Baze. Many players using the same team as we are in this guide (Lando Wiggs Boba STH) have switched to Wedge leads. My properly modded team - with Lando in the lead - reliably kicks all these teams into the gutter. I'm faster than the Wedge-lead teams, the Biggs combo attack now does lethal damage, and Lando's AoE once again does enough damage to be a serious threat.

A few specific thoughts come to mind:
    • The Biggs combo is beyond frightening, if Biggs and Wedge both carry enough crit damage bonuses.
    • Prior to level 80, omegas are hard to come by. Maybe save them until level 78, when the Biggs combo gets its omega upgrade. -1 cooldown on that ability, is serious business.
    • Nihilus-lead Sith teams can be dismantled by nuking Nihilus dead first. STH can then taunt effectively.
    • Baze's initial retribution can be exploited by having STH taunt, then hitting Baze with other toons. The counterattacks hit STH and turn into turn meter for your entire team. Biggs' combo hits and Lando crits set up a large string of heals over Baze; then execute with Boba.
    • Lando's leadership speed boost is still key to getting that jump on enemy teams. I think a lot of players are switching out to Wedge leads prematurely (maybe because they see the guys up in the top 5 ranks doing so).

To conclude: maybe don't give up on this team quite yet; and switching toons may not be the cure you're hoping for.

p.s. My toon speeds, off of their stat sheets, for reference: Boba 185, STH 162, Lando 145, Biggs 142, Wedge 137.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    DarthArt wrote: »
    Hello guys, i need some advice. Im currently at 42 lvl, i just bought windu from arena,farming boba from cantina store/ trying to get Luminara Unduli from GW, and started farm lando from cantina(17 peace atm) before him i farmed Chewbacca 4 star, Talia 4 star,and Luke 4 star, im a bit stuck and dont know am i in right way, im playing this game 10 days or like that.
    And one more question, should i get all daily rewards for fast lvls or fast lvlup isnt good?

Stop with Luminara, get Biggs instead to 7*.
    Get all daily rewards. Lvlups are needed. There ist just a strategy for new chars that have not entered the arena (<lvl28) that the want to delay the arena start.
    ROKNZJ wrote: »
    You say the best fleet team is: "Biggs FOTP TFP TIEx1 Fives"
    I don't see anywhere in your guide where you farm Fives or his ship.

Fives would be my suggestion after Boba, Ahsoka, QGJ, maybe 5* Jawa Scav.
    I have my 330 shards of Fives but haven't upgraded him yet. This is an endgame fleet setup. You need to understand that pilot's gear is very important. In my fleet arena there is a guy with a 7* Fives g8 and he is almost oneshot by my Wedge g11 (Wedge Xwing lvl85 6*). So if you plan to remove e.g. GS from your fleet, your Fives must have g10 or g11 to be of value. But when do you have the gear to spare for this? Only after your arena team + future arena chars like Rex Chaze DN GK are maxed. How long do you need for a g11 Chaze and Kenobi? Like 5 month after you hit lvl85? That's also about the time you get your FOTP 7*, who also needs g11. So I am better of with a g11 Wedge than a g8 Fives pilot. You also need to understand that the ship's potency and tenacity values are influenced by the pilot's gear, so if you want target locks, you won't get them from low geared pilots.
    I was shooting for S1, GS, SF, CS, Scimitar as my 5 dark side ships. Should I scrap Scimitar (will still activate, but not upgrade) and focus on S1, TFP, FOTP, GS, SF, Biggs, Fives, TIEx1 which would give me five dark side ships and the "best" fleet setup?

CS is not a dark side ship.
    For tarkin get SF GS S1 TFP for sure. If you started TIEx1 that's not fast enough I guess. Either Scimitar or FOTP, or both.

For the zeta mat challenge you forgot Wedge? 8x 5* ships should be
    (1) Biggs (2) Wedge (3) Ahsoka (4) GS (5) SF (6) TFP (7) Slave1. The 8th ship depends on how far you are with Scimitar. Fives is an option, also FOTP. With TIEx1 probably you would be late.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Hello guys, i need some advice. Im currently at 42 lvl, i just bought windu from arena,farming boba from cantina store/ trying to get Luminara Unduli from GW, and started farm lando from cantina(17 peace atm) before him i farmed Chewbacca 4 star, Talia 4 star,and Luke 4 star, im a bit stuck and dont know am i in right way, im playing this game 10 days or like that.
    And one more question, should i get all daily rewards for fast lvls or fast lvlup isnt good?

Why you decided to farm Lumi? Did you read Raw's guide carefully?
    You say the best fleet team is: "Biggs FOTP TFP TIEx1 Fives"
    I don't see anywhere in your guide where you farm Fives or his ship. I got Fives in a bronzium pull, should I start working on his ship? I currently have S1 4*, Biggs 3*, JC 3*, GS 3*, SF 3*, CS 2*, TFP 2*, FOTP 1* Scimitar 44/50, TIEx1 28/80.

I was shooting for S1, GS, SF, CS, Scimitar as my 5 dark side ships. Should I scrap Scimitar (will still activate, but not upgrade) and focus on S1, TFP, FOTP, GS, SF, Biggs, Fives, TIEx1 which would give me five dark side ships and the "best" fleet setup?

I'm currently L73, so I'm already behind schedule on being prepared for the Zeta challenge, and worried that ditching Scimitar will put me further behind schedule.

Thanks, as always, for the advice.

best fleet team is: "Biggs FOTP TFP TIEx1 Fives"
    is for lev85 end game.

CS is Light Side, it must be GS.

My experience:
    I am lev 79 now, i used: Slave1, Scimitar, TFP, SF,
    GS as 5 ship 4* to upgrade Tarkin's fleet to 5*.
    Now I need only 1 ship 5* (choosen TFP/Slave 1/Scimitar) for zeta challenge. I planed to use 5 LS ships 5* and 3 DS ship 5* for zeta challenge because Slave1/Scimitar is too slow for 5*, I did not farm TFP early. With 5 LS ship 5*, i will use for Home One upgrade (need 6 LS ship 5* for upgrading to 6*).

So for 5 DS ship 4*, you may farm FOTP/ TIE Advanced in stead of Scimitar, but i think farm FOTP/TIE Advanced may slower than farm Scimitar to get a DS Ship 4*.

After upgrade Tarkin's fleet to 5*, it will be easier to choose 8 ship 5*.

Along with farming 8 ship 5* for zeta challenge , you can start to farm TIE Advanced/FOTP ship if you have enough fleet token or you can farm after have enough ships for zeta.
  • DarthArt
    28 posts Member
    Options
    I read Raw's guide yesterday, ill be happy if i read it before :) that why i asked here... Now im started farm Biggs,and wich hero get from arena? maybe just up windu?And one more question, i have 2100 crystals atm, and trying to get x8 chromium packs, is it worth it? or spend it in other ways? Sorry for to many questions, Im really lost :C
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I read Raw's guide yesterday, ill be happy if i read it before :) that why i asked here... Now im started farm Biggs,and wich hero get from arena? maybe just up windu?And one more question, i have 2100 crystals atm, and trying to get x8 chromium packs, is it worth it? or spend it in other ways? Sorry for to many questions, Im really lost :C

What Level are you?
    Arena toons are STH 7*, IG88 5*, Ackbar 7*
    Crystals go for Baze shards best, get Chirrut from fleet
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I actually wasn't sure what exactly the "Zeta Challenge" entailed.

So I need 5 Dark side ships 4* or higher to get Tarkin to 5*, and then I assume I need Tarkin 5* and 8 total 5* ships for Zeta Challenge? And this opens up at Lvl79?

(And yea, you're right of course, Clone Sargent is light side. I get the characters that aren't from the original trilogy mixed up)
  • DarthArt
    28 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Raw wrote: »

What Level are you?

Im 43 lvl atm.which of them will be good as a leader?chewbacca or STH?And i cant see Baze shards,are they put it randomly? Thank you!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

What Level are you?

Im 43 lvl atm.which of them will be good as a leader?chewbacca or STH?And i cant see Baze shards,are they put it randomly? Thank you!

If you follow this guide you should have Lando lead. If you don't have Lando yet, you should just try what is best for you.
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Options

What Level are you?

I recommend to shelf Chewbacca ASAP. He gives your team a pseudo high power rank which can effect your Gw difficulty.
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I actually wasn't sure what exactly the "Zeta Challenge" entailed.

So I need 5 Dark side ships 4* or higher to get Tarkin to 5*, and then I assume I need Tarkin 5* and 8 total 5* ships for Zeta Challenge? And this opens up at Lvl79?

(And yea, you're right of course, Clone Sargent is light side. I get the characters that aren't from the original trilogy mixed up)

Yes correct. The 8 5* ships can be from any faction
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone have some experience fighting with droid team: hk47, ig88, ig86, je, b2 ???

My rebel team:wiggs, boba, st han, lando can not win because je is too fast.

Thanks.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »
    Does anyone have some experience fighting with droid team: hk47, ig88, ig86, je, b2 ???

Thanks.

Only in GW but I used EP lead (with a speed set and a potency, 198 speed) and TFP Boba Zylo and DN. I shocked and stunned them them so they were all frozen.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    pnhuy wrote: »

Thanks.

Only in GW but I used EP lead (with a speed set and a potency, 198 speed) and TFP Boba Zylo and DN. I shocked and stunned them them so they were all frozen.

Thank you Raw.

After check again, their droid team in arena have gear and JE speed >210 beter than my rebel team (even with Lando lead). So , my chance is zero.
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Quick couple of question for a sticking point I'm about to hit.

My entire arena squad needs MK 5 Furnace Salvages, 250 total. I have 5. Is this something you just wait on until you get enough from raids? I don't request em because I'm currently working my way through all the Syringes that Boba needs. My guild mates suggest I buy the Furnaces from shipments, but that would kill energy refreshes. If I just wait for them from raids who do I gear up next? Pilots? A second arena squad? I upgrade most usable characters as cheaply as I can (for example Chewie G6, IG88 G7 for credit heist, RG G7 for tank challenge, etc.), but I'm not sure who to focus the hard core 50 piece farming on.

Thanks!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

My entire arena squad needs MK 5 Furnace Salvages, 250 total. I have 5. Is this something you just wait on until you get enough from raids? I don't request em because I'm currently working my way through all the Syringes that Boba needs. My guild mates suggest I buy the Furnaces from shipments, but that would kill energy refreshes. If I just wait for them from raids who do I gear up next? Pilots? A second arena squad? I upgrade most usable characters as cheaply as I can (for example Chewie G6, IG88 G7 for credit heist, RG G7 for tank challenge, etc.), but I'm not sure who to focus the hard core 50 piece farming on.

Thanks!

There are pieces you get 5 from one guild request, and others (like furnace pieces) only 2. Those are bad to request... I was in the position that I could both refresh cantina and normal energy 2x a day and still save some crystals for that mk5 fusion furnace. Another one I got from a rancor raid (full piece). And again others I have farmed through the salvage pieces and just bought a mk3 holo for 300. Now I have more than enough mk5 ff salvages, only not enough mk3 holos. There will be a time then I spend it for JC but currently there is no need for this, I win my arena fights with a g8 JC.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I recently stumbled on this great guide - wish I'd seen it sooner!

I've been following it to good success so far: however i caved and splurged on some crystals and now have Churrit, Baze, DN and a few others who may not be strictly F2P for the stage I'm at.

https://swgoh.gg/u/legendarystu/collection/ should hopefully show my collection.

With these characters, is there any changes I should make in terms of prioritising gear, farms or team comps?

Current arena team is Wedge Biggs Lando STHan and Boba/Jyn
  • Options
    (Aside to the above - cant find an edit button)
    Scythica wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been following it to good success so far: however i caved and splurged on some crystals and now have Churrit, Baze, DN and a few others who may not be strictly F2P for the stage I'm at.

https://swgoh.gg/u/legendarystu/collection/ should hopefully show my collection.

With these characters, is there any changes I should make in terms of prioritising gear, farms or team comps?

Buying crystals is not something I intend to always do, perhaps on the odd payday but not a way to farm for myself.

I can appreciate a response may take some thought, but I would certainly appreciate any advice from more knowledgable players than myself!
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options

Thanks!

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and have had rotten luck getting any furnace drops from raids. So I patiently request 2 donations per day from higher level guildmates, and I'm thankful that they have plenty to spare.

Buying furnace salvage is impractical because of my relatively low arena rank. I'm in the 21-50 bracket and can barely afford the 2/2 energy refreshes daily.

I've also wondered who I should prioritize, for gear 9. Probably Biggs or Wedge, since they seem to be the stars of the standard arena lineup recommended in this guide.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Scythica wrote: »
    Hi guys,

You already have Baze+Chirrut. With Wiggs Chaze you will be stronger than with STH + one other. Of course you need to gear them and keep them at max level. In your case I would finish farming STH shards but focus Chaze.
    With Wiggs Chaze you are quite free for the 5th position. You may choose Lando, Jyn (also as leader), Kylo, Boba or Darth Nihilus. But don't level too many toons at once.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Raw, how you doing?
    I can get top 10 daily (maybe even break top5 with some good rng against those Zaul teams) and I was keeping top 20 overnight. Some days ago I started falling more and today got to my lowest ever: falled to rank 25.
    I'm using the same team as yours atm, but since I'm lvl 83, all my toons are G10 (except for Rex) and I'm farming Kylo's gear first. My question is: do you think it'd be a good thing to buy the new Shoretrooper pack ($20 for a 4* Shore) and change my team a bit? I know Baze is good, but he costs 3 times what Shore costs, and only to 3* him.
    The team would be: Rex (L)+Zylo+Boba+DN+Shore (I know this team won't work as good as it could without an auto-taunter, that's why I'm thinking about Shore)
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    MaTucci wrote: »
    Hey Raw, how you doing?
    I can get top 10 daily (maybe even break top5 with some good rng against those Zaul teams) and I was keeping top 20 overnight. Some days ago I started falling more and today got to my lowest ever: falled to rank 25.
    I'm using the same team as yours atm, but since I'm lvl 83, all my toons are G10 (except for Rex) and I'm farming Kylo's gear first. My question is: do you think it'd be a good thing to buy the new Shoretrooper pack ($20 for a 4* Shore) and change my team a bit? I know Baze is good, but he costs 3 times what Shore costs, and only to 3* him.
    The team would be: Rex (L)+Zylo+Boba+DN+Shore (I know this team won't work as good as it could without an auto-taunter, that's why I'm thinking about Shore)

No. My Wiggs shoot through a ShT like butter, and will even more when I will have my CD sets (I currently farm Jawas for the challenge, JE is slow so I suggest to start him). The thing about Chaze is the g11 Chirrut heals, cleanses, deals damage and is ultra fast (153 base speed, with some average speed secondaries 215 or so), and if you dmg him you will have problems to finish him off because of Baze. If you want to invest, buy gear for chirrut and some baze shards. Chirrut is hard to gear.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Btw. I also fell to 23 today but that's okay if you win on offense. I made it to #1 in 5 fights.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping ShT would be good (don't want to slowly farm Baze and Chirrut lol), but guess I'll have to go for Chaze...
    And btw, just 3* the CD Challenge. All lvl. 70, 5*, with the useful skills at lvl 5 and G7, except for Datcha who was G8. Did it on my first try (while using my arena mods, obviously) with maybe a good RNG (but nothing too crazy). The hard stage is the 3rd one, almost lost Jawa and JE there, but kept taunting with Nebit and healing with JE (or JS, they are all the same lol). The last stage is just Maul: just make sure you have your taunt ready and that you can hold his AoE (it did really low damage to me) and you can kill after that (Nebit can take easily take his basic). And don't know if it was the right thing to do or just luck, but I always killed the Jawa first in every round and then proceeded to the Troopers...
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for you description.
    Maybe you want to copy it also here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/71442/what-does-it-take-to-3-crit-damage-mods-challenge
  • Krrigar
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Great guide Raw; I'm just getting started with this game, but I'm confident I can get a decent team going thanks to the info here. I have a question regarding the early game though:

I plan to hoard up resources for a while before hitting 28 to get a power spike once I decide to take the plunge. Will also probably go the extra mile, leveling up some "scout" accounts to see when a new shard becomes available. My question is, what would an ideal arena team look like at that point? What are the top characters I can pull from the initial chromium pack, and how do I get the other ones?

I'm basically looking to assure that I can secure top 3 from the very first day I pass level 28. I played Heroes Charge for a long time, so I know that there's a massive snowball effect for the top ranked arena players.
  • ROKNZJ
    57 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Raw, Just out of curiosity, what level were you and to what lineup did your Arena team evolve from Wiggs, Lando, Boba, STH?

I'm also trying to upgrade a Dark Side team because I'm losing battles. Did y'all just upgrade and run your dark pilots, Boba, TFP, FOTP, Maul, SF, or do you actually put together a team with synergies and upgrade them? I should get Palpatine when his event comes around, and I have Kylo and Phasma, so I'm wondering if I can do a Phasma L, Kylo, Palp, GS, SF or Palp L, Vader, Maul, Kylo, Phasma. None of those lineups works yet because they aren't geared. I'm always trying to not spread myself too thin with gear farming and ability upgrades, so I'd lean towards gearing up dark pilots but I'm worried about them not working together.

Also, anyone have thoughts on which arena person to upgrade first from this question? I didn't see it answered...
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    I've also wondered who I should prioritize, for gear 9. Probably Biggs or Wedge, since they seem to be the stars of the standard arena lineup recommended in this guide.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer upgrading gear for Biggs (dame dealer for rebel team).
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Krrigar wrote: »
    What are the top characters I can pull from the initial chromium pack, and how do I get the other ones?

Raw's guide already contains this info. Here's my paraphrasing of that:

The arena squad that will carry you from level 28 to level 75+ is Wedge, Biggs, Boba Fett, Lando, and Stormtrooper Han. They're farmed from the sources indicated in Raw's guide. To accelerate your progress, pull any of these from a chromium.

This arena squad will eventually morph into something like: Wedge, Biggs, Chirrut, Baze, Boba; and then into Chirrut, Baze, Rex, Darth Nihilus, General Kenobi. Baze, Chirrut, or Darth Nihilus would be great chromium pulls.

If I were to restart the game today, and could get one toon from a chromium pull, this would be my prioritized list:
    1. Baze
    2. Chirrut
    3. Darth Nihilus
    4. Wedge
    5. Biggs
    6. Boba
    7. ST Han
    8. Lando

Hope that helps. Welcome to the game.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    Krrigar wrote: »
    What are the top characters I can pull from the initial chromium pack, and how do I get the other ones?

Raw's guide already contains this info. Here's my paraphrasing of that:

The arena squad that will carry you from level 28 to level 75+ is Wedge, Biggs, Boba Fett, Lando, and Stormtrooper Han. They're farmed from the sources indicated in Raw's guide. To accelerate your progress, pull any of these from a chromium.

This arena squad will eventually morph into something like: Wedge, Biggs, Chirrut, Baze, Boba; and then into Chirrut, Baze, Rex, Darth Nihilus, General Kenobi. Baze, Chirrut, or Darth Nihilus would be great chromium pulls.

If I were to restart the game today, and could get one toon from a chromium pull, this would be my prioritized list:
    1. Baze
    2. Chirrut
    3. Darth Nihilus
    4. Wedge
    5. Biggs
    6. Boba
    7. ST Han
    8. Lando

Hope that helps. Welcome to the game.

So I pulled Baze and Rex and not sure what exactly to do: a) go guide's way until Chirrut is farmed&geared and drop STH then for Chaze&Wiggs+Boba/Lando/whoever_it_should_be composition or b) somehow avoid farming STH, but not sure if it's reasonable - his TM abilities seem to be the key part of the rebel+Boba team success. Any thoughts?
  • Weachsy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Hi,

thanks for the great guide, it really helps a lot!

After my first Account is at lvl 74 but not competitive, I've decided to reroll...

Wedge would be the perfect char to roll at the beginning, but you would need a lot of luck to actually get him (I tried 15-20 times now...).

I have rolled on different accounts:
    Rex
    STH
    Lando

With whom would you go?