Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    What are the top 5 reroll chars to look for - in a F2P player that is wanting to follow this guide to work as a top arena if possible?
  • Weachsy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    What are the top 5 reroll chars to look for - in a F2P player that is wanting to follow this guide to work as a top arena if possible?

I ask myself the same question.
    Here are my thoughts

1. Wedges - would be perfect, but probably can't be pulled
    2. Chaze - but same problem
    3. StH - is recommended here, Rebel, but not very strong in the beginning
    4. Rex - unfortunately he is no rebel but he is best lead in the meta
    5. Cassian Andor - Rebel, seems to be very strong and good when paired with K-2SO
    6. Old Ben - seems to be very strong but no rebel
    7. Bistan - Rebel and seems also to be very strong

I am curious to see the priority list of others.
  • Options

I think this topic was recently discussed in this thread. Might find some useful info if you scroll up a page or two.
  • Options
    For what its worth, I recently rerolled and got a Lando pull. He comes out of the chromium at 4*, so it's fun to watch him tap his wrist twice, and see enemy arena teams just melt away.

I'm sure Nihilus and other pulls are probably more strategic in the long run, but Lando is certainly a fun early utility character.
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well i wrote up this huge post detailing what the top characters from your first chromium pack are, then I tried to edit it, hit save and instead its now gone. BUGGY BOARD FTW.

tl;dr

Ackbar is the #1 character, as he unlocks at 4* (80 shards or 6400 Arena tokens), combos amazingly with Lando and gives you a second healer +cleanser for gw/arena. He simply provides the most value.

Lando is #2, but only if you REALLY want to speed up his 7* to get into a HAAT guild sooner. Not worth it, having ackbar just gives you too much over an extra 1-2 heroic rancors and 1 HAAT under your belt (80 frags = roughly 5 days of farming w/2 refreshes daily)

Look at it like this. Would you rather have just a 5* lando on your first day of Arena and GW, or a 4* lando AND a 4* ackbar? I go with the latter every time. This is also the same reason I prefer ackbar over sth. Unlocks at higher star, yet both are both farmed using the same currency.

Everything else provides less value (3* or lower characters, like STH) or just wont benefit your team as much early on (Rex) as the above two.

I rolled an alt recently and went with Ackbar. Slowly leveling to 27 using Cantina energy only, farming Lando, while hoarding LS/DS energy. This seems to be the most optimal path, if a bit slow.
    Post edited by Rifter on
  • Options
    @Rifter
    Would you then still farm STH once you start arena?
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Raw wrote: »
    Rifter wrote: »
    Im not advising to halt building up rebels, as they are still needed for a variety of reasons as mentioned in your guide (obviously for Palp as well), but if the guide and player are truly intending to focused on arena/ships first over all else, then rebels should shift to a slower, long term side project at some point, in favor of empire/sith.
    What do you think about the following alternative:
    "Once you have unlocked and geared EP, you may consider EP (L) TFP RG Vader Boba as an alternative arena team."?
    3. Rex countering zMaul. My understanding is that zMaul is still very capable of beating Rex teams, and it often comes down to RNG and/or mods. On top of that you still need an auto taunter like Baze or GK for a Rex lead to even be viable vs zMaul.
    I don't have an auto taunter and can kill any Zaul teams. Yesterday a Zaul team took the no.1 at 6:30 minutes to my payout and I autoplayed against it in 55 seconds with Rex Zylo Boba DN SF... I don't think he would be as fast as this the other way round.

By the way our last Lando lead has now changed his setup from Lando Wedge Biggs STH Boba to Wedge Biggs STH Boba DN. He finished rank 2 yesterday. Another player uses Wedge (L) Jyn Lando Biggs STH (currently rank 4). A third player uses Wedge Biggs Lando STH K2 (currently rank 14). So three players in the top rank 20 with rebels that don't use Chaze. Another one is Rex (L) Wiggs STH Boba (currently rank 24), which would also be in reach of rank 1 without buying refreshes.

What do you think about Jyn as a farm?

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the palp team addition.

Im surprised about the Zmaul you beat so easily. All I hear about is how nasty they are and how they are still very viable vs Rex leads. Perhaps im merely misinformed. I don't see myself going for Zaul anyway, but his ship is supposedly so good that I definitely am going for it. After all, there are other characters in the guide that are suggested farms, but their ship as their only real use. (GS, Ahsoka, JC)

To be honest your server seems far more f2p friendly than mine. My top 10 is 100% whales with maxed out, crystal store bought characters. There are some running Wedge/rebels without chaze in the top 10, but they have at least 1-2 of some other premium, crystal store bought character in the team, like DN.

Regarding ships:

For people who will be farming both Slave One and Darth Maul/Scimitar, its likely that they will have one/both of these ships at 4* around the time they can do the Zeta challenge, in addition to FOTP, TFP and GS. You mention this in your guide regarding how well the farming for those two ships goes

I say this because it is really only necessary to farm ONE ship out of: Sun Fac, Rex and Clone Serg ships

We need eight 5* ships for the Zeta challenge itself: Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, JC, FOTP, TFP, GS

Seven total above, so we need one more 5* ship.

We need five 4* dark side ships to unlock Executrix 5* (required for Zeta challenge): FOTP, TFP, GS

Three total above, so we need two more 4* dark side ships.

If you're farming only Slave One, then you need Sunfac and his ship to 5* which would cover both of the above for required ships. There is no need for Clone Serg or Rex's ship.

If you are farming both scimitar and slave one, and both farms are going OK and about even, there is no need for Sun Fac. You can instead go with Clone Serg ship, as you need fewer blueprints to 5* his ship.

Just some min/maxing there.

I wasted currencies on both sunfac and his ship before I realised I didn't need to, as im farming Slave One and Scimitar and they are about even in farm.

While his ship is pretty good, I would never use Sun Fac himself because his gear is such a pain in the **** from G6-G9. If im not advancing him past G6, his ship will suffer as a result and be easy to take out and I rather save that gear for other tanks like GK, Baze or Sith trooper, down the road.
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Rifter
    Would you then still farm STH once you start arena?

Yes. The point is that Its better to have Ackbar + Lando @ lvl 28, and just unlock STH in the first 4-5 days of arena.

So you will have Ackbar, Lando and STH in your arena team and GW within the first 5 days of hitting lvl 28, instead of just Lando + STH.

Normally, it will take 1-2 weeks (depending if you hoarded energy and how much) after hitting lvl 28 to unlock ackbar.

Also, you come out ahead 30 shards/2400 arena currency overall as Ackbar unlocks at 4* vs STH at 3*, since you will be farming ackbar shards using arena currency later on anyway.
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Rifter - Would a Nihilus pull be better than an Ackbar pull?

@Raw - Maybe clarify in step -1 that players can (and probably should) work the daily challenges, complete any events for which they are eligible, and buy gear salvage from shipments. This creates a stockpile of credits, ability mats and gear salvage that will be very helpful once the arena race starts at level 28. (This is probably obvious to anyone that stops to think about it for a moment, but I confess I was too dumb to do all of these things until a friend reminded me.)
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    @Rifter - Would a Nihilus pull be better than an Ackbar pull?

I think so, but your rebels synergy and early game will suffer a bit. He's a better long term investment, however. I think I rerolled 20-30 times, buying two chromiums hoping for one of the top meta characters from the second chromium, but the drop rate on full characters is abysmal and I rarely got anything other than shards. Finally just said screw it, saved the crystals and went with Ackbar.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    What do you think about my squad against Zaul?

Rex L
    STH
    R2
    Zylo
    Boba

As long as you have no DN? A Zavage can be un-killable, maybe with a lucky execute but DN ist certainly good.

Who should I replace for DN? STH? Idk I just dont feel like to use DN, maybe because my Chaze aren't geared yet.

And who can outspeed Zaul? Rex / Chirrut / DN? I aim to get tenacity up first or lower their cooldown first.

thank you as always for your reply Raw!

If your r2 applies the smoke, who should be visible? You need a tank for it. So if you run r2 under Rex lead you would skip Boba I assume.

If Rex can't outspeed Zaul you need high tenacity on him, he can then go second. Just needs to survive the first attacks.
    What do you think about my squad against Zaul?

Rex L
    STH
    R2
    Zylo
    Boba

As long as you have no DN? A Zavage can be un-killable, maybe with a lucky execute but DN ist certainly good.

Who should I replace for DN? STH? Idk I just dont feel like to use DN, maybe because my Chaze aren't geared yet.

And who can outspeed Zaul? Rex / Chirrut / DN? I aim to get tenacity up first or lower their cooldown first.

thank you as always for your reply Raw!

If your r2 applies the smoke, who should be visible? You need a tank for it. So if you run r2 under Rex lead you would skip Boba I assume.

If Rex can't outspeed Zaul you need high tenacity on him, he can then go second. Just needs to survive the first attacks.

Zylo will be the one that visible, assume he have counter buff or can deal massive damage with outrage by having advantage for 2 turns. What do you think?

Are you sure high tenacity is the answer? The community didn't suggest tenacity mod set for Rex, they said it's useless, you can't win against EP stun, maul daze etc, it's all about RNG.

Zylo as the one visible is a nice idea, however not sure if it works on defence.

High tenacity on Rex works fine (3 sets and cross). It may not be enough against EP/Zaul but often ppl mod their toons on speed rather than on potency. My EP also uses a speed set. In this case it may very well help.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »
    @Raw - Maybe clarify in step -1 that players can (and probably should) work the daily challenges, complete any events for which they are eligible, and buy gear salvage from shipments. This creates a stockpile of credits, ability mats and gear salvage that will be very helpful once the arena race starts at level 28. (This is probably obvious to anyone that stops to think about it for a moment, but I confess I was too dumb to do all of these things until a friend reminded me.)

I copied a part of your text in the OP and removed Wedge as a first pull, added Ackbar Lando or QGJ as good first pulls.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Im not advising to halt building up rebels, as they are still needed for a variety of reasons as mentioned in your guide (obviously for Palp as well), but if the guide and player are truly intending to focused on arena/ships first over all else, then rebels should shift to a slower, long term side project at some point, in favor of empire/sith.
    What do you think about the following alternative:
    "Once you have unlocked and geared EP, you may consider EP (L) TFP RG Vader Boba as an alternative arena team."?
    3. Rex countering zMaul. My understanding is that zMaul is still very capable of beating Rex teams, and it often comes down to RNG and/or mods. On top of that you still need an auto taunter like Baze or GK for a Rex lead to even be viable vs zMaul.
    I don't have an auto taunter and can kill any Zaul teams. Yesterday a Zaul team took the no.1 at 6:30 minutes to my payout and I autoplayed against it in 55 seconds with Rex Zylo Boba DN SF... I don't think he would be as fast as this the other way round.

By the way our last Lando lead has now changed his setup from Lando Wedge Biggs STH Boba to Wedge Biggs STH Boba DN. He finished rank 2 yesterday. Another player uses Wedge (L) Jyn Lando Biggs STH (currently rank 4). A third player uses Wedge Biggs Lando STH K2 (currently rank 14). So three players in the top rank 20 with rebels that don't use Chaze. Another one is Rex (L) Wiggs STH Boba (currently rank 24), which would also be in reach of rank 1 without buying refreshes.

What do you think about Jyn as a farm?

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the palp team addition.

Im surprised about the Zmaul you beat so easily. All I hear about is how nasty they are and how they are still very viable vs Rex leads. Perhaps im merely misinformed. I don't see myself going for Zaul anyway, but his ship is supposedly so good that I definitely am going for it. After all, there are other characters in the guide that are suggested farms, but their ship as their only real use. (GS, Ahsoka, JC)

To be honest your server seems far more f2p friendly than mine. My top 10 is 100% whales with maxed out, crystal store bought characters. There are some running Wedge/rebels without chaze in the top 10, but they have at least 1-2 of some other premium, crystal store bought character in the team, like DN.

Regarding ships:

For people who will be farming both Slave One and Darth Maul/Scimitar, its likely that they will have one/both of these ships at 4* around the time they can do the Zeta challenge, in addition to FOTP, TFP and GS. You mention this in your guide regarding how well the farming for those two ships goes

I say this because it is really only necessary to farm ONE ship out of: Sun Fac, Rex and Clone Serg ships

We need eight 5* ships for the Zeta challenge itself: Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, JC, FOTP, TFP, GS

Seven total above, so we need one more 5* ship.

We need five 4* dark side ships to unlock Executrix 5* (required for Zeta challenge): FOTP, TFP, GS

Three total above, so we need two more 4* dark side ships.

If you're farming only Slave One, then you need Sunfac and his ship to 5* which would cover both of the above for required ships. There is no need for Clone Serg or Rex's ship.

If you are farming both scimitar and slave one, and both farms are going OK and about even, there is no need for Sun Fac. You can instead go with Clone Serg ship, as you need fewer blueprints to 5* his ship.

Just some min/maxing there.

I wasted currencies on both sunfac and his ship before I realised I didn't need to, as im farming Slave One and Scimitar and they are about even in farm.

While his ship is pretty good, I would never use Sun Fac himself because his gear is such a pain in the **** from G6-G9. If im not advancing him past G6, his ship will suffer as a result and be easy to take out and I rather save that gear for other tanks like GK, Baze or Sith trooper, down the road.

I'm a bit short in time today sorry. So just a short answer:

I just removed all CS recommendations in the OP. His ship is rather bad and clones for the AAT are not needed in the beginning. SF is a good pilot/ship and a good toon. I still use him every day and plan to use him next to GK. His ship plans are easy to farm. New players can also farm TIE advancedx1 and have the 3 TIEs that are superior with Biggs. Boba (Slave1) and SF are good additions. GS would not even bee needed. Scimitar is a nice addition. Unfortunately this leads to the necessity to buy Rex ARC with fleet tokens. But you get something for it that is of good use, and you don't need another pilot.
  • Options
    Rex has a great ship (not too good against mace) for sure, but I feel it is even more rare than scimitar and slave. So your zeta challenge might get delayed. I would recommend to farm all of the premium ships from fleet since the beginning to be sure to have the necessary number. Even if some of the ships appears less for you.
  • pnhuy
    92 posts Member
    Options
    I feel that TIE avanced/Slave1/Scimitar is rotate and rare sold.
    So 3 ships use for ship 4* to upgrade Exucutrix may be ok.
    But it may be late at lev80 for zeta challenge.

• Options
    Hi! Have a couple of questions about early/mid game:

1. Is Barriss (pulled from bronzium) worth investing&farming and how much, e.g. to complete def mod challenge only or even more? Is she good at GW with her leader skill (with rebel team) or just as a healer?

2. Is crit chance mod challenge tier III worth farming Chewie's 65 shards from hard nodes right from the start? I mean by the time you have 5x5* scoundrels (late 60s?) you should have 5-dot health mods on arena team. The idea is to replace those health mods (or at least some of them) with CC mods for Lando and Biggs (and get some for Wedge who will appear later)? Modding process is a hardest part of the game for me)) Always overspending tons of credits for garbage... Btw, is there any helpful and relieble step-by-step modding guide? Didn't find one yet.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    barabas881 wrote: »
    Is Barriss (pulled from bronzium) worth investing&farming and how much, e.g. to complete def mod challenge only or even more? Is she good at GW with her leader skill (with rebel team) or just as a healer?
    I did pull Barriss (twice). At this time I had already started IGD so she was my 6th Jedi. But if you don't have 5 Jedi you could then stop IGD farming.
    I now have her 7 stars but never really used her, except 2-3 times in GW.
    I thought she would be good in a GK lead, Zarris, Fives arena team (DN and Zylo added maybe), so Fives gets taunt by GK and crits would not be able to kill this triple team. However people say it's easy to counter with EP. Shocked toons don't get the heal. However this is an option against teams without EP, her only real use would be GW I think. But anyways zeta are not really needed atm, as you can see most meta teams use Rex Chaze DN GK or some variants of that. R2D2 needs a zeta though. You will probably have more than enough zeta mats and rather not enough omegas. If you have enough omega, a Zarriss might still be nice here and there.
    Is crit chance mod challenge tier III worth farming Chewie's 65 shards from hard nodes right from the start? I mean by the time you have 5x5* scoundrels (late 60s?) you should have 5-dot health mods on arena team. The idea is to replace those health mods (or at least some of them) with CC mods for Lando and Biggs (and get some for Wedge who will appear later)?
    Either you entered a good guild early and get your Han Solo shards, or you need Chewie 5*. I did the latter.
    "Right from the start" would be too early, you also need the energy for gear farming rather than Chewie shards. I also did the CC mod challenge early and it helped a bit, but as you toons level up you will find that the 15% health of three health mod sets are getting better and better (with the increasing life pool), whereas 5% CC can be found on a single mod with a good cc secondary. Also with the "Wiggs" attack, the team has a 75% higher CC, so this most important attack almost always crits. This is why I am now working on the CD sets.
    Modding process is a hardest part of the game for me)) Always overspending tons of credits for garbage... Btw, is there any helpful and relieble step-by-step modding guide? Didn't find one yet.
    Do you know this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjPiX6Mnv7k
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Zalastro wrote: »
    Rex has a great ship (not too good against mace) for sure, but I feel it is even more rare than scimitar and slave. So your zeta challenge might get delayed. I would recommend to farm all of the premium ships from fleet since the beginning to be sure to have the necessary number. Even if some of the ships appears less for you.

I did some changes to the guide again:
    11) added Rex ARC to farm in fleet store

added:
    15) If you have a good rank, spare crystals can be used to buy Baze shards (50 shards x 80 crystals = 4000 needed for a 3* Baze). This would lead to the Chaze combo (Baze+Chirrut).

added:
    Aim to have 5 Empire toons at 7* for the R2D2 event (EP Vader RG Tarkin TFP).

changed the guild text to:
    Enter a good guild early. 30k tickets a day are maximum, if you guild does not reach at least 25k you should change it. If you get the chance to enter a heroic AAT guild, do it. Look at the guild activities and plan your resource spending accordingly.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to discuss again if wie need GS at all.
    There are now enough DS ships (TFP, FOTP, SF as the GW farms and Slave1, TIEx1 as the fleet store farms, optional Scimitar).
    With Wedge Biggs JC Ahsoka you have another 4 GW farms.
    I think you will spend all GW tokens then for the ship plans even without GS. His ship is good under Ackbar but will be replaced once you have the target lockers (3x TIE, Boba, Rex, SF (if called as assist)).
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Regarding sf ship, his passive should be increased to lv 4 as soon as possible. This extra 10 % defense offers a lot extra survivability.
  • Weachsy
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    added:

What would be your priorization?
    1. Rebels - ok, that is clear, but then?
    2. Jedi
    3. Empire
    4. Resistance
    5. Jawa
    6. Droids
    7. Dirst Order
    8. ...

Onother question:

What would you do with the earned crystals from the beginning on?
    2x energy, 2x cantina energy = 300 crystals spent

Hoard the others right from start for baze like you wrote earlier or would it be better to buy rebel packs?

(14-70 rebel shards + credits for 1200 crystals)
    I have not bought any of those packs, so I can't tell how much you will get in average...

...again, thanks for your awesome guide, I allready have an account at lvl 27 with Sth and Lando, >2k energy hoarded, waiting for the right moment ;-)

Post edited by Weachsy on
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Weachsy wrote: »
    added:

2. Jedi
    3. Empire
    4. Resistance
    5. Jawa
    6. Droids
    7. Dirst Order
    8. ...

Onother question:

What would you do with the earned crystals from the beginning on?
    2x energy, 2x cantina energy = 300 crystals spent

Hoard the others right from start for baze like you wrote earlier or would it be better to buy rebel packs?

(14-70 rebel shards + credits for 1200 crystals)
    I have not bought any of those packs, so I can't tell how much you will get in average...

...again, thanks for your awesome guide, I allready have an account at lvl 27 with Sth and Lando, >2k energy hoarded, waiting for the right moment ;-)

Now that we just have taken out JKA a new meta of zQGJ Yoda JKA GK R2D2 is coming. So if you are in a hAAT guild, go for the Jedi. Without GK forget it...

Speed mods (resistance) are only good on chars that are already fast. I bought 4 speed mods in the mod shipments with speed secondaries and am happy with it.

I continue with Jawa. CC plus CD set is great for most attackers.

If you go for first order to get offense mods, that's also interesting, especially if you have a DN lead Sith team.

Droids, have no priority.
    Empire, just some basic toons for the r2d2 event, or if you want to run them in arena.

I don't think Rebel packs are worth it. It's gambling. Rather Baze shards.
  • Options
    Raw, thanks for the video (and others I found there), it is very useful and I'm gonna rewatch them to write down some things I didn't get clearly at first time. Author suggested to do so but I was like "cmon, I'll understand and remember it all easily", lol.

About Barriss: It was a bit more advanced advice then I can fully understand atm. Lvl50, G6 and maybe some mods won't hurt anything I think, as she can be useful in GW since I'm short of toons and need at least some plan B... But as I understand she shouldn't be a member of that 5x7* Jedi team, who should be farmed&geared for Yoda challenge/raid team, right? So farming IGD should be the right choice?

About Chaze: I have 3* Baze from chromium and it's quite interesting when Chaze could be viable, mostly gear level I believe. Gearing Chirrut will be a pain anyway)

About ships: would like to ask you to add some "fleet section" in "short summary" or something like that with some tips: how to lvl/gear pilots (who are not in arena team) prior and beyond lvl60, who should be those first pilots/ships/fleet commander and when to leave them behind (or not).

Thanks a lot again!
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    But as I understand she shouldn't be a member of that 5x7* Jedi team, who should be farmed&geared for Yoda challenge/raid team, right? So farming IGD should be the right choice?
    If you pulled her from bronziums, stop farming IGD and continue with Barriss.
    About Chaze: I have 3* Baze from chromium and it's quite interesting when Chaze could be viable, mostly gear level I believe. Gearing Chirrut will be a pain anyway)
    You have to take a look at you shard mates. In my shard, you'd need g10 at least, better g11. But ofc you would need a much lower gear level.

About ships: would like to ask you to add some "fleet section" in "short summary" or something like that with some tips: how to lvl/gear pilots (who are not in arena team) prior and beyond lvl60, who should be those first pilots/ships/fleet commander and when to leave them behind (or not).

A bit hard to remember , maybe you and other ppl can help.
    Wedge, Biggs and Ahsoka were available after a short farm I think, TFP and JC already unlocked? Sun Fac comes a little later obviously. Slave, Scimitar and TIEx1 take even more time.
    GS can probably totally left out. Currently I am not even sure who is the best to put out of my team. Sometimes I get wrecked by Biggs under Scimitar so I feel like I need Ahsoka. So I currently have GS and JC out. But when FOTP comes I might need another one out (Wedge? I have his ship 7* now and a g11 pilot...), and when finally Fives will appear, also another one must go (SF?).
    So it hard to say when to change a pilot. As mentioned some days ago, you can even play a lvl85 6* ship with a 7* pilot and have the pilot stay g1 lvl1 (seen it working with Fives). The current "end game" fleet would be Mace or Ackbar lead, Biggs, TIEx1, FOTP, ImpTIE, Fives. Reinforcements are probably not needed, but Slave1 would be the 1st who then applies his special on all target locked ships. Scimitar, SF, JC would be possible as other reinforcements. But don't aim for this too early. It needs a maxed out Biggs.
  • Options
    Didn't understand 3/4 about fleet, that's how noob I am)

Didn't quite get it about Barriss - is she viable for jedi team instead of IGD (didn't start to farm him yet)? So I should farm her in hard nodes then I guess?

About Chaze: I thought they (3* Baze&not_sure_how _good_Chirrut_should_be) are good enough ONLY when geared AT LEAST G10. I faced some G6/7 Chaze teams (RogueOne or teams with no real synergies) and they were outmatched by your guide's team, at least under lvl60. Never tried them on offence though. I've read all comments (and remember last 2-3 pages, lol) and should ask once more: despite aiming for Chaze at arena (who are long farms to 7*) I should go for other 5x7* Rebels to get 7* EP asap, e.g. Lando, STH, Biggs, Wedge and Akbar? I need to farm and develop Wiggs and Akbar anyway, right? Just not overgear and substitute Lando and STH wise enough?
  • Apotheosis
    159 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Weachsy wrote: »
    2. Jedi
    3. Empire
    4. Resistance
    5. Jawa
    6. Droids
    7. Dirst Order
    8. ...

I think Jedi in second place is correct. Players should aim to complete the third tier of the Def Mod Challenge prior to hitting level 80. This gives 5* mods the highest chance of appearing in the mod store, and although these are expensive, it's a great way to get those rare speed mods we all need.

I can't really offer a competent opinion on the rest of the list. Not enough in-game experience yet.
  • Rifter
    47 posts Member
    Options
    There are now enough DS ships (TFP, FOTP, SF as the GW farms and Slave1, TIEx1 as the fleet store farms, optional Scimitar).
    I think you will spend all GW tokens then for the ship plans even without GS. His ship is good under Ackbar but will be replaced once you have the target lockers (3x TIE, Boba, Rex, SF (if called as assist)).

I think it just depends on how well the slave one/tie advanced and/or Scimitar farm goes.

In my case, Slave One and Scimitar are about even, but I have half as many blueprints for Tie Advanced.
    At this rate I will definitely not have Vaders ship unlocked for the the Tarkin challenge for 5* executrix.

Perhaps you can put GS as an optional farm consideration, in a later section of the guide, if these 3 farms are not going well.

Also if you are relying on Slave One/Tie Advanced and/or scimitar for one of your 5* ships, theres a good chance you will significantly delay the Zeta challenge due to the slow farm of these ships.

Regarding Rex: From what I understand about Rex's ship, hes really only worth using in a Republic fleet, preferably under Mace. I like Ackbars ship, so I decided to not go for rex or clone serg ships.
  • Options
    Without GS, the initial level 60 Ackbar fleet loses one of its main assist synergy ships. TFP could be an equivalent cantina node farmed pilot, but does swapping the Tie Fighter in, and Geo Solder's ship out, potentially create the loss of early fleet dominance?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like this guide was written in consideration of the detailed fleet composition analyses done in Mageducky's fleet guide (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/81985/mostly-adaptive-fleet-building-guide). To quote the Ackbar section of that guide here, for your reading convenience:

"Ackbar: Sticking with the assist synergy, Geonosian Soldier is almost an auto-include. With up to 25% chance (doubled for Separatists) to assist automatically, Soldier sees a lot of protection up throughout the battle. He also has a strong assist attack of his own. Another great choice is Jedi Consular, whose special ability enables a select ally to assist; this opens up a lot of possibilities. You can choose Sun Fac for the target lock on his basic, activating/healing Biggs. You can choose Biggs when he's actively taunting to grant him up to 90% protection up. You can even use it on Soldier for maximum damage and some bonus turn meter reduction. This leaves one spot on the starting team. This is a flexible pick, keeping with Ackbar's theme of versatility. Ahsoka is great to help get around taunts. Boba is a solid damage dealer (though he lacks any direct synergy with Ackbar, using his Seismic Charge twice in combination with Master Plan is a devastating turn for your opponent to suffer through). Wedge lacks the same damage output but has some synergy with assists due to his turn meter gain when activating outside of battle. (Biggs/Sun Fac/Geonosian Soldier/Jedi Consular/Ahsoka)"

I run the following five starter ships in my Ackbar fleet, and since level 60, have yet to be knocked out of top 10 fleet arena: Biggs, Sun Fac, Ahsoka, JC, GS. This fleet feels strong, in that I can afford to make a mistake or two, and still recover and win.

How much of that is due to the presence of GS? Hard to say.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't quite get it about Barriss - is she viable for jedi team instead of IGD (didn't start to farm him yet)? So I should farm her in hard nodes then I guess?
    You (but only you who pulled her from a bronzium) should farm her (5* minimum) from hard nodes instead of IGD. The def mod challenge is very easy. You don't need a viable jedi team, you just need 5x 5* jedi.
    The chances that you will ever play IGD in your arena team are currently 0%, that you will play Zarriss: 10% I guess.
    About Chaze: I thought they (3* Baze&not_sure_how _good_Chirrut_should_be) are good enough ONLY when geared AT LEAST G10. I faced some G6/7 Chaze teams (RogueOne or teams with no real synergies) and they were outmatched by your guide's team, at least under lvl60.
    Hmm when I started, these who had Chaze were payers and usually had a level advantage, too. But I think
    Wedge Biggs Lando/Boba Chirrut Baze should beat
    Wedge Biggs Lando Boba STH, if at the same gear level, and is also stronger on defense.
    Not that Chaze can't be beaten but it's harder.
    despite aiming for Chaze at arena (who are long farms to 7*) I should go for other 5x7* Rebels to get 7* EP asap, e.g. Lando, STH, Biggs, Wedge and Akbar? I need to farm and develop Wiggs and Akbar anyway, right? Just not overgear and substitute Lando and STH wise enough?
    Sure, you want that EP so get them to 7*. STH is also useful for the scoundrel team (credit heist). I have him at g11 and score my 200k+ dmg in the hAAT P3 (EP lead, TFP, SF, STH, (still farming:) RG). Occasionally I play double tank (Rex SF STH Zylo DN) in arena but this is because I don't have Chaze.
    I stopped Lando at g10. I used him in GW, but now my current GW team is so strong I usually don't need him anymore (EP lead, TFP, zKylo, Boba, +1). So you only have him for the AAT later, and those events that need rebels/scoundrels.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

I think it just depends on how well the slave one/tie advanced and/or Scimitar farm goes.

In my case, Slave One and Scimitar are about even, but I have half as many blueprints for Tie Advanced.
    At this rate I will definitely not have Vaders ship unlocked for the the Tarkin challenge for 5* executrix.

Perhaps you can put GS as an optional farm consideration, in a later section of the guide, if these 3 farms are not going well.

Also if you are relying on Slave One/Tie Advanced and/or scimitar for one of your 5* ships, theres a good chance you will significantly delay the Zeta challenge due to the slow farm of these ships.

Regarding Rex: From what I understand about Rex's ship, hes really only worth using in a Republic fleet, preferably under Mace. I like Ackbars ship, so I decided to not go for rex or clone serg ships.

Thank you, that's right with the 5* ships. In my case I had Slave1 at 5*. So 8x 5* ships could be
    (1) FOTP (2) TFP (3) JC (4) Ahsoka (5) Wedge (6) Biggs (7) SF. So if you farm (8) GS it might be a more save route than to hope to get Rex ARC/Slave/TIEx1 (or Scimitar) in time.