Game Update 1/25/2017 (Comments and Questions) ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Is it me or is the choice to put the shore trooper in this battle slot too far? I'm finding it physically impossible to even dent the last stage bosses even with my light side team. I would agree with the shore trooper being put here as he is a VERY good toon. But it's just a little too hard to acquire more shards for him. As a result it pushes to concept of spending cash on crystal bundles to buy shards when they appear in the store. Maybe if they put his shards in guild shipments it would make it easier for people to get him. It would still take a while but at least it wouldn't be impossible
  • grandmoffisaac
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    well its cool that tie reaper. appear to be the death trooper's ship, and i hope the sith lord in the picture is revan or an inquisitor. The tie reaper was in one scene of rogue one (ship transporting deathtroopers), i hope this is the official name, as it was left unnamed for a long time
  • Options
    Great to see krennic n deathtrooper n remove the rebel meta. Great looking toons and synergy and possibly a new Sith Lord or maybe Star killer?

Anyone notice Royal Guard? Is it me or has his stance changed? His electric prod is up instead of down, looks better.
  • Options
    I was thinking that Death Trooper could work with Maul, since Maul can inflict Daze and Death Trooper's basic would be an auto-stun follow up.
  • Options
    Keep building your toons and you will eventually get it. Perseverance will pay off.
  • Options
    Keep building your toons and you will eventually get it. Perseverance will pay off.

My JKA and QGJ can do significant damage. It's just the AoE completely wrecks my squad half way through :(
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    They don't even look like a counter to the rebels.

I have looked at in game data. When their level 8 abilities are posted on swgoh.gg read them and you will see they are very much a counter to rebels especially chirrut and Baze.

Agreed.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/director-krennic/
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/death-trooper/
    They shut down healing, can apply tenacity down easily, remove tm, dispel, daze to stop counters, multi attack/assist, duo synergies, ability block w/ leader ability.
    It's like when we said Chaze could do everything, they showed us all this stuff that Chaze can't do and gave it to Krooper. That being said, Krooper is far more enemy control and debuff oriented than Chaze. Chaze is far more team survival oriented. And I'm glad they were able to make these two do just as much as Chaze but make it very different. I mean, I'm not glad that they're going to be probably just as powerful (because they're so much better than many other characters), but I'm glad they were able to find a way to make them on the same playing field and give them different skills.
  • Options
    Confused if I complete the event do I get shards ? Or the opportunity to buy a pack for crystals?
  • Options
    I used a Lando Lead, Wedge, Biggs, STH, Rey and borrowed an Ackbar for speed. All at g XI . Took a lot of tries but then I 3* ed it. Just build up you characters and mod them properly. It makes sense to be hard. If everything was easy, players would lose interest in the game.
  • Options
    Question-thoughts on if I will be able to at least unlock deathtrooper and/or krennick??? Thanks, I might be willing to spend a little if I can't do it free
  • Options
    dude no tier 9 is too diffcult even at maxed gears and level my toons (wiggs) cant even survive to 3/3 on 9-A

they need dial it down some or reelese lvl cap 90 now. these fight are way too hard.

@GlitterOutlaw Exactly my point! I can't even beat 9-A. They do way too much damage. Either rework the damage output a tiny bit or increase level. Anything just to make it doable
  • Options
    I mean, some people did spend like thousands and thousands of dollars on the first tournament to get Shoretrooper so it kinda makes sense. Plus once you beat 9-B hard you deserve to get something out of it other than just 20 xp...
  • Options
    I used a Lando Lead, Wedge, Biggs, STH, Rey and borrowed an Ackbar for speed. All at g XI . Took a lot of tries but then I 3* ed it. Just build up you characters and mod them properly. It makes sense to be hard. If everything was easy, players would lose interest in the game.

I understand it being challenging by all means. But if something is too challenging it sucks the fun out of it and it will drive people away from even attempting it
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is going to need many boxes of tissues.
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    This thread is going to need many boxes of tissues.

Many boxes!? Need crates for days bro
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Merged. Deleted. Feel free to delete. Ty.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Options
    requiring Zeta characters is kinda low tactic, most of us dont have them or friends that have them even if you just took away alot of there Aoe leading to 3/3 would work but even every stage is aoe aoe aoe aoe with mega dmg really sucks.

+100
  • ApocLFC
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    He deserves it. I wasn't expecting anything till Ep8 so a bit of a surprise. Hopefully it's a decent update
  • Options
    Oh god im terrified to go up against krennic and dt, they would demolish my wedge lead team
  • Options
    ApocLFC wrote: »
    He deserves it. I wasn't expecting anything till Ep8 so a bit of a serpeise. Hopefully it's a decent update

I'm not fond of the character either but I hope he is much better after rework
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I can do it, but only by borrowing an ally's maxed
    Out old Ben to go with my maxed out wiggs team. Even then I can't 3 star it
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DarthxMaul wrote: »
    Oh god im terrified to go up against krennic and dt, they would demolish my wedge lead team

Krooper will make your filthy rebels pay.
  • Options
    I managed to do it without Zeta. You need fast toons to begin with. Once they have the speed built up, they will clear it easily. Try out different combinations and you will do it eventually. For 9A, don't use Jedis. Maul does extra damage to them.
  • Options
    Zahreem wrote: »
    Confused if I complete the event do I get shards ? Or the opportunity to buy a pack for crystals?
    You will get shards. :)
    How many is yet unknown. ;)

• Options
    @V1p3rdyn4sty
    Thanks man I sent you an ally invite. Don't know I feel I'll complete it though but I'll give it a **** good try
This discussion has been closed.