Does anyone actually enjoy ship battles?

Replies

• Options
    I normally do 2-3 in a day. Sometimes 4 or 5 depending where I am at. I never prioritized ships in the beginning so I've been climbing from the bottom ranks (Now in the 170's) with a mediocre grouping. I'm slowly trying to farm Zeta mats + Boba Fett (44/80 shards) to get my 5 x 4*+ Dark Ships to increase my GMT's Command Ship to 5 stars.

I don't mind it, and I think it's a cool addition to the game. I do wish that Darth Vader's ship was accessible already...it's a bit demotivating not having it still, especially after spending 150K ally coins in the last tournament to only get 15 ship shards :neutral:
  • Options
    I don't even auto it most days. Go in, then hit retreat. I'll stay top 200 but I won't try for more

ahaha yeah, this.

why bother using up those 6 minutes when you don't need to.
  • Options
    It's not fun
  • 0N49X
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't really enjoy it because it's very time consuming to grind the ships and to fight as well. More important, RNG can be the key for the winning or losing in any battle. I can easily lose a battle even I destroyed three ships of my opponent without losing one ship and still lose because of bad RNG.

Sometimes, I have three of my ships target locked during the first turn. RNG makes the battles very unpredictable and can easily mess up with your plan.
  • Options
    It's the worst part of this game. I would rather farm stun cuffs.
  • Options
    Really cool the first few times, then exceptionally slow and boring. The damage calculations really seems messed up.

Not only the worst part of the game, it's the worst part of my day.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I sort of enjoy it, but often I just go in and click retreat immediately for the daily. I just try to stay in the top 100 in my arena shard. I particularly dislike fighting Mace Windu teams as they take forever with all his protection and taunts.
  • Options
    I don't enjoy them at all. I do one or two a day on auto.
  • Options
    I only do 1 battle, speed up, per day for the daily check box. These battles take way too long, and have lost my interest completely.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    I do. Animations are awesome and it's another avenue to try and snipe different payouts.
  • Options
    I enjoy the ship battles, although i agree the animations are a bit excessive. A toggle for those (or short animations) would be nice. Its also fun to build a team with good synergy and dominate people who have no idea what to do with ships, and are just waiting for youtube videos to tell them what to do.
  • Options
    Basically enjoy far enough to get myself zetas. Once I can farm them I won't even work on ships anymore.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I despise them. Especially when I face Scimitar and get wiped because of a single ship. The only reason I do them is to hopefully some day get Zetas.
  • Options
    Raventrob wrote: »
    I like them for about 2 battles whenever I get a new ship to try out.

But yea overall I just do maybe 2 battles a day. 1 for achievement and 1 in case I fall below the tier I'm in

+1
  • Options
    Ships suck....fleet shipments is awesome

This
  • Options
    Nope only do them for Zeta. I'm not even getting a decent amount of them.
    Battles take too long.
    Graphics are terrible( to small on a iPhone 6)
    Ship selection dosnt work in play.
    Stuck with a 4star Vader from tournaments.
    I actually get angry when I think how much time I've wasted on them.
    I auto now.
  • Options
    Every time i suffer through a fleet battle, win or loose, my desire to keep playing this game diminishes.
  • Options
    Bugs and more Bugs means I do the minimum to keep my rank
    This ^
  • Options
    Never liked ships... do enough to stay top 100 (1-2 battles) so have a steady income to purchase zetas but thats it

Imo easily the worst mode of the game
  • Options
    I think ships is one area they really need to pay attention for if they want these to take off...xD
    I kinda enjoy it as it's a different battlefield altogether...but I'm just curious why is my team keep loosing when auto battling against opponent that's like 5000 power lower or more...
    and I'm not sure what bugs are most people talking about...
  • Options
    I do. I still like 'em, but Ships part of the game really need polishing. Bug fixes, camera fixes, and more thing to do.

Otherwise, I think it's interesting and can be fun.
  • Options
    Ships are like hamsters, they are fun for a week, then annoying for the rest of their lives.
  • Options
    I enjoy them. It's the only part of the game where I play with the sound one for two reasons:

1 - I like the ship sound effects

2 - the music in the ships lobby (bew, bew, bew, bew, bew, bew, bew, bew, bew, bew)
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I do.
    Top 20 every day
  • Options
    I love ships. It gives me that extra thing to do everyday and I enjoy how it is simple. I like how the mechanics work in general. There are a few bugs but it is one of my favorite things to do.
  • Options
    I stay in the top 10 and I hate it. Very true to what people say, too slow animation. I run a Mace capital ship and 90% of the time i go up against another mace it ends in a draw. Most of the time I have the opponent on the ropes, anywhere from 3 to 5 of ships against their last ship. And even auto playing is not making things fast because i run mostly pub ships which they rather gain shield than hit an attack. It is frustrating about to kill the last ship and I end up in a draw.
  • Options
    No. I hit auto once a day
  • Options
    I really like ships. Yes it's buggy and that needs to be addressed. But it general I have a lot of fun. I wish there was more PvE ship content though.

This. I enjoy them quite a bit. Once there is more variety and they fix bugs, it'll be even better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I used to actually like them a lot but since realizing the AI has advantages I always auto them. Why play through if the AI is going to do better anyway?

That said I still enjoy getting the ships and look forward to them adding a lot more to add some much needed variety to the battles.
  • Options
    Nope. It's the slowest and least interesting part of the game.

Auto once a day to stay in the >500 bracket.