Does anyone actually enjoy ship battles?

Replies

• Options
    No, too slow
  • Options
    Ships isn't perfect, but why so much hate? I only do 2-3 battles each day and I manage to stay in the top 50... and while the animations are kinda slow, I've never timed out on a battle, and I don't even auto them...
  • Options
    Actually, there is one thing that really grinds my gears... reinforcements... it's almost comical when you enter a supposedly easy battle only to be confronted by vaders tie advanced after you take out the first ship... (shudders) Also, whenever I'm about to win, most of the time there is always some miracle reinforcement ship that comes and turns the tide of the battle... ok that's the only thing that actually makes me mad about ships
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    One of the only fun things left I think. It's actually balanced. Arena sucks bad it's all wiggs and hella boring...
  • Options
    I enjoy it usually finish battles with 2-3 minutes left. It can be improved with bug fixes and new ships but overall it's more enjoyable than GW.
  • Options
    They're way too long. jist another grind. I like the store though.
  • Options
    And I'm still **** at the stupid reaver I can't even use. I feel cheated.
  • Options
    I love it! It's a great time and addition to the game.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I love ships
    (Im top 1-7)
    I have Tarkin (L)

Without ships I wouldnt play this game anymore, just to bad they didnt make alot of questing for ships like they did in DS/LS.
  • Options
    hate it
  • Options
    nope

i hate it

only do it for the zeta's
  • Options
    I really enjoy it and stay top 10 every day. I still invest all my gw and fleet shipment currency into ships until my main fleet is 7 stars. Hoping they bring out new content for this soon.

Also, once you build your ships up you will not time out anymore.
  • Darknessie
    364 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It's so bad. If I downloaded ships without the star wars franchise part I would delete it immediately. Awful interface, buggy as hell, bad graphics, annoying perspective changes and complete lack of balance. Did they actually playtest this in anyway!
  • Options
    playing ships isn't funny at all....actually it's really annoying... I play, as other players do, one for the daily achievement and only if I lose the tier I am...
  • Options
    Ships is probably the worst thing after citadel pack. I can't imagine ship raid, probably the worst is still to come.
  • Options
    Dave79 wrote: »
    Whenever i face a Windu fleet i want to throw the phone in the wall, stomp on it and then kill myself. But using Endurance myself because im sure many more feels the same say.

I specifically target Mace ships because they are so easy. The damage immunity lasts one turn, so as soon as 1 ship goes it is useless because I simply target that ship that lost damage immunity. The AI is too dumb to set up a taunt or anything first.

Then you are lucky cause i get taunted at the start every **** time when i step up against a enemy who's higher ranked then me.
  • Options
    No, I just ensure I stay well within the top 200 for my 1.2k tokens. Ships are a frustrating and buggy mess at the moment
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    DEV forgot that people play mobile games for fun. Introducing a time consuming ship arena is probably not the brightest idea. DEV is turning this game into a job almost.
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »
    DEV forgot that people play mobile games for fun. Introducing a time consuming ship arena is probably not the brightest idea. DEV is turning this game into a job almost.

Yeah - playing is a job, but developing is fun :smile:
  • Options
    I like turtles.
  • Options
    Wat wrote: »
    I like turtles.

We all like our significant others
  • Options
    hahaha...no...they dropped the ball on that develop. and what's with the 4 shards thing? my enjoyment of heroes is waning everyday.
  • Options
    I always do one battle and retreat immediatly...just for daily activities...ships are not fun at all
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »

+1000
  • Options
    There's just such a lack of variety of ships. You see Biggs more in fleet arena than regular arena. Once they triple the amount of ships then it will get interesting.

Then ship mods come out and it will be frustrating again.
  • Options
    I love ships! Looking forward to adding hardware abilities and hopefully some Light Side and Dark Side battles.
  • Options
    Oh good, I found a thread in which to complain about ships! I find ship battles to be incredibly tedious. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually fought 5 in a day (whereas I try to do my 5 normal arena battles religiously). I realize that ships will get more interesting as more ships become available, but the matches are way too long. I can offer a suggestion to improve the ship battles rather than just complain about them: get rid of reinforcements. Make it 5 on 5 with a 5 minute timer, just like in the character arena. That way people would focus on curating a fleet of 5 ships that work well together. This would be an immediate improvement. If these battles stay as 5 (+1, +1, +1) vs. 5 (+1, +1, +1), they'll always be more effort than they're worth.
  • Options
    I wanted to like them,but alas, I do not.

The ships all look so similar that I have to tap on them just to make sure I'm attacking someone I want to attack.

My own ships look too similar and I don't really even know how to check that until their turn rolls around.

The leader powers are beyond annoying and take way too long.

I'm not even sure I understand what makes a ship/crew person good and the mode hasn't been interesting enough for me to bother trying to learn.

Another mode to slowly grind stuff where 99% of the stuff I grind will be only good for that mode? No thanks!

Plus, whenever I'm feeling particularly masochistic, I'll try to find a good arena match up that's close to my power level and rather typically I get utterly trounced without rhyme or reason (that I can understand, anyway).

So in short, it's just not fun or interesting enough to basically start over the character grind in another mode when I can just use the rewards from that mode to work on grinding characters in the main mode.

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I like how I have over 42,000 of the 1* training droids, but no currency to use them. I'm 85 and my ships are still mid 70s...
  • Options
    I enjoy fleet shipment