Does anyone actually enjoy ship battles?

Replies

• Options
    For squad arena I will easily do 10 battles in a day.

With ships I can count on one hand the number of times I've done all 5 battles. I've never bought a refresh.

Normally just do one or two battles.

The worst is spending 7:40 just to draw because the last ship takes so long to blow up. I've even had the last enemy ship explode and there was nothing left but chaff floating through space and I still got a draw!
  • Options
    Lol I don't even do a battle my server is dead so I just go into 1 battle and quit immediately for my daily and don't touch it till I have to do next daily
  • Options
    I generally just retreat from 1 battle a day and leave it at that. Sometimes I'll do one while using the bathroom.

The animations got old fast, the trouble with selecting some targets due to camera angles and buffs, and the fact that battles tend to be decided by who gets consistent target locks all killed it for me.
  • Options
    i've been in the last tier since day one. most days i don't even enter the ship area.
  • Options
    Ships is awful
  • Options
    I don't really have anything new to add here, but just to add to the stats.

I want to like ships, but honestly, it's meh for the reasons already mentioned. I know that I really do not like them, because it is the last daily achievement I do every day.

1. Too slow with the animations. It's a real buzz kill when the enemy is capital ship, cycle through all the small ships, capital ships. This game takes a lot of time every day as it is.

3. Like others have said, I only do the one battle a day to complete the daily and stay in my rank (about 225 to 275) and get the rewards for the shipments (which I do like!).

3. I have been in the situation mentioned where I have had the other team on the ropes with 2 ships left and me with my 5 plus a reinforcement left, and I get wiped out.

4. I do fight manually in order to try to win. The only time I auto it is when it's the end of the day and I need to do it to complete the daily activities. I hit auto when I step in the shower and it might be done when I finish.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Options
    I think there is more strategy in ship battles than the squad arena. I am a newer player and finish rank 1 and all I have purchased was Fetts ship.

Arena at my level is literally who's fett blocks first that is just lame. The ship battles have enormous swings that I enjoy.

Having said that the bugs are real annoying and the fact none of them have been fixed makes me question the developers but whatever....

• Options
    Whenever i face a Windu fleet i want to throw the phone in the wall, stomp on it and then kill myself. But using Endurance myself because im sure many more feels the same say.
  • Dweller
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can't stand them, to slow and frustrating. I might feel different if they get rid of the animations and reserve ships, there just not needed. We don’t have reserves in arena, why ships??

I feel that im forced to play to get the zeta tokens
  • Options
    I may do one battle every week out of boredom otherwise retreat for the daily. Ships take too long to farm, the currency scarce and not a lot of ships.
  • Options
    i dont care much, too very limited on the ships and sometimes very rng in a win or lost base, but i dont mind the activity its another thing to mess around
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart
  • Options
    I absolutely hate ships. I want to like them, but they disappoint me every time. I like that the pilots give them special attacks, but they need to remove the crew power from the ships. It's the hidden damage multiplier no one has time to check. Nothing makes my blood boil more than getting destroyed by someone who has the same ships and 5k+ less power. We shouldn't have to scout the opponent's fleet for the level, number of stars, rank of abilities, gear level, and mods of each pilot to see we match up before we attack. What's the point of even leveling up the ships? I understand that in real life the better pilot is the one who will win, but this is a game about RNG not skill. They need to show the pilots info like regular arena instead of the ships, since they're basically just a skin rework with slow attacks. At least that way you might be able to judge your opponent a little better. Hopefully they'll realize how many people aren't happy with this part of the game and change something.
  • Options
    I have no interest. Poor game design Imo. They should've been incorparated into the base game, not be a completely new game in it's own right. The only good thing to come from em has been the fleet shipments.
  • Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Raventrob wrote: »
    I like them for about 2 battles whenever I get a new ship to try out.

But yea overall I just do maybe 2 battles a day. 1 for achievement and 1 in case I fall below the tier I'm in

Totally this. Too long, too time consuming.
    Nope. Too long, to many slow animations. I autoplay my daily (still manage to win and stay around rank 30) and that's about it. I might play if I rank up a pilot or improve the ship in some way, but that's about it.

My sentiments exactly but I'm not even able to stay ranked and couldn't be bothered tbh. Maybe after I get the 5 ds ships I need to farm zetas I might try again.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand why people struggle with time outs in ship battles. Most of my battles are 2-3 minutes. Recently arena battles have been taking me longer than ships.

Is it just a lack of dps from lower levels?
  • Options
    I enjoy the ship battles for sure.

I wish i was able to get some dark side ships easier but ih well
  • Options
    Still lots of bugs, no response from devs about it.

Very boring gameplay, most time I just auto it.

Good part is rewards are kind of balance among ranks, diferent from arena. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    I enjoy the concept of them and like how pilot strength is tied to ship strength, but the bugs, rotating animation screens, and inability to click on enemies or your own ships all prevent me from liking the gameplay. I am in a very competitive shard (#22 has 182k fleet power) and I will drop from #25 to 60 overnight. I do enough battles to ensure I get top 50, but not more.

I absolutely love the fleet store though, I spend fleet currency on stun cuffs all the time and I dislike farming those suckers way more than I dislike doing ship battles.
  • Options
    Horrendous design.
    Loathsomely boring.
    So many bugs & flaws.

Max commitment. Daily req. with instant Retreat.
  • Options
    Please add sim ticket back somewhere that is lost on awful ship arena requirement
  • Options
    I honestly don't even play ship battles. I auto all of the battles. But then again I'm on a young shard (1 month) and I'm #1 right now, with the next closest player at 15K+ power behind me and I'm the only 5 star capital ship in my group right now. I kind of use ships really to farm things I need like those Vader shards and just throw in some blueprints when I need to move up the ladder. I honestly think the battle animations are too lengthy and it just feels too slow :(
  • Options
    I used to actually like them a lot but since realizing the AI has advantages I always auto them. Why play through if the AI is going to do better anyway?

That said I still enjoy getting the ships and look forward to them adding a lot more to add some much needed variety to the battles.

The AI has no advantages. In fact, it's very easy to manipulate the AI into making poor decisions.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I hate the ship aspect of the game. Even putting on auto takes like 2-3 minutes! I just retreat the second it starts, still gives me the 1 daily battle I need and saves a hell of a lot of time (unless I fall below my tier).
  • Options
    Well I for one really enjoy the ship battles. Arena the top 10 is all Chase, it is incredibly frustrating to lose to the same Toons over and over again....especially when I have 4v1 against Baze and still lose. Ships are actually fun, sure Mace can be frustrating, but there is a lot of diversity and actual strategy.

I guess if Arena was fun I would see it as better than ships, but for me ships is the most fun in this game.
  • Options
    No, no, no....only thing good about ships is the store for zeta and toon shards.
  • Options
    No, I just ensure I stay well within the top 200 for my 1.2k tokens. Ships are a frustrating and buggy mess at the moment
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    No. Ship battles are incredibly boring and pointless outside of getting zetas. That's literally the only reason I've paid any attention to them.
  • Options
    Well. I do enjoy it. Its different many combos. My team can finish fights within 2 minutes after i start. Top 40 on a daily basis. Best at 19. Its definitely helped me acquire soo many characters and ships. Plus lovely stun cuffs that drop like a leaking water pipe connection.
  • Options
    Dave79 wrote: »
    Whenever i face a Windu fleet i want to throw the phone in the wall, stomp on it and then kill myself. But using Endurance myself because im sure many more feels the same say.

I specifically target Mace ships because they are so easy. The damage immunity lasts one turn, so as soon as 1 ship goes it is useless because I simply target that ship that lost damage immunity. The AI is too dumb to set up a taunt or anything first.
  • Options
    Not a big fan. They take too long plus the token payout is disappointing. It feels like it takes forever to accumulate enough tokens to do some decent enhancing.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa