Does anyone actually enjoy ship battles?

Replies

• Options
    Nope... auto button is all I need for 1 turn
  • Options
    I enjoy them only:
    When bugs don't screw me
    When AI doesn't screw me
    When I win
    Battle ends with at least 2 minutes left
    I enjoy more when:
    Less time for battle
    For ships survive
    I don't see a bug
    AI isn't mean
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I do. Though to be fair, until the last week or so I would rarely do more than 2 or 3 fights a day, because my ships just weren't good enough. Now that my ships and pilots don't suck, I rather enjoy doing the battles again (as I did initially) and try for a solid rank (top 50) every day.
  • Options
    I'm generally curious to see if anyone like them and why?

I auto the one I need; no way in hell could I "fight" all five

They are so fun, obv you don't have a AA, Biggs, Maul combo going.I think they take way more skill than arena seems more balanced and more like a chest game than arena has in a long time.
  • Options
    Do not want. At least how it currently is. I auto arena if there's too much **** happening in the match, or I just back out if I'm in the reward bracket I want. I always sim the daily fleet challenges. Way more frustrating than Wiggs with full speed mods. At least that's over quickly.
  • Options
    I LIKED ships minus a few things when they first came out. Now, I barely lose rank and play one or two matches / day.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I actually do enjoy ships cause i do a bit of testing in arena with how and what ships i need to attack first and what abilities and attacks i need to do. Cause there will be a ship part of a raid i bet and id like to know what i need to do to ace it.
  • Options
    Caedas wrote: »
    Do not want. At least how it currently is. I auto arena if there's too much **** happening in the match, or I just back out if I'm in the reward bracket I want. I always sim the daily fleet challenges. Way more frustrating than Wiggs with full speed mods. At least that's over quickly.

Ya arena so fun two teams in the meta wooooo, boo this. There are way less ships then characters and there is more variety and competition in ships then arena.
    Acting like this is a problem its a pretty new feature and addition that they are still improving on. If you haven't noticed they have hit bumps like the Vader Tie Fighter Tourny, and the Canceled Rouge One Tourney, so ya they haven't dropped as many ships because issues.

RELEASE THE FALCON
  • Options

They are so fun, obv you don't have a AA, Biggs, Maul combo going.I think they take way more skill than arena seems more balanced and more like a chest game than arena has in a long time.

Assumptions make you look stupid. I have all three. They're a buggy mess, and compaaring this game to chess...I needed a good laugh ;)
  • Options
    Ship animations are waaaaay to long.
  • Options
    It's long, boring, unnecessary, and the AI cheats even more than normal arena. I don't see how anyone could find it fun
  • Options
    i occasionally do ships. it's a secondary thing for me and i use the currency i get from it to further my toons but i rarely spend any resources leveling my ships.
  • Options
    I like the actual battles but I really hate the way ship power is determined. 1. Pilot power matters too much. 2. The actual power of a team is way off.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy the few I do. I enjoy even more that a top—200 rank suffices.
  • Options
    It was slow at first, when the ships are low powered. Like most things, once you get geared up, it's faster and fun....if you like spaceships. I always loved the vehicles so it shouldn't surprise anyone that I like them. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • irafreak
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not anymore. Just lost a match I had in the bag. They had two ships left. I still had two reinforcements unused. One of my ships still had full health and protection. I launched My Tie fighters. Doesn't kill either of their ships. Both of theirs had only partial health. They launch their Tie fighters. All 5 of my ships gone. 4000 points weaker than me overall. Their Tarkan only 1000 points higher than mine. this game.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    irafreak wrote: »
    Not anymore. Just lost a match I had in the bag. They had two ships left. I still had two reinforcements unused. One of my ships still had full health and protection. I launched My Tie fighters. Doesn't kill either of their ships. Both of theirs had only partial health. They launch their Tie fighters. All 5 of my ships gone. 4000 points weaker than me overall. Their Tarkan only 1000 points higher than mine. this game.

Big reason why I hate ships; TIEs are too op

Dodge all the time, fast, hit very hard (and multiple times), and inflict target lock

Edit: If Poe's ship was bugged to all hell, they may be 'alright' at best
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Options
    I would like to enjoy it, but it's rare that I get to play a whole match before it crashes on me (old iPad). So I just go into a match and hope it doesn't crash. If it does, then hey, I still get the daily challenge from it
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I do like Fleet Arena. They are long, but better than all the one minute battles in the Squad Arena just to see who is faster.
  • Options
    Ships suck....fleet shipments is awesome
  • Options
    I liked ships until I started to pursue zetas. I want the scimitar/Biggs combo, but buying scimitar prints will keep me from zeta material.
  • Options
    The only reason they get boring because you can only play arena and they have no gear or mods
  • Options

Usually, I auto all 5. I have never like ships, but you basically have to do them to advance in the main game.

From time to time, I will have the time to actually fight most of a battle before I get bored waiting for all of the enemy attacks to go off and notice time is running out so I put it on auto and do something else.
  • Options
    Ships suck....fleet shipments is awesome

I enjoy ships because I'm good at it i.e. I get a lot of ship coins. Other than the one "Whale" on my leader board whose always been 30k+ power over everyone else clogging 1st. I've stayed in the top 3 since the start. I do understand there are potentially loads of bugs. Also I use Poe, and he is still pretty broken for being broken. I do see a balance issue since the top 10 has barley changed as well never seeing any change in leader-boards or team strategies is not that fun in the haul. Though since its new you should just be excited that they added it and are working on improving it.
  • Options
    Yes, I like ships better than regular battles. It takes more strategy and speed mods aren't a thing.
  • Options
    People want fast and furious. Ship is slow and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    Don't enjoy the battles.

RnG (may as well hit auto for similar results)

Aside from mauls stealth/retribution ability everything else is boring
  • Options
    I hate ships even when I win and I am in the top 25. Can't imagine ho much people who are low rank hate ships.
  • Options

Only when I win.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Yes I enjoy ship battles. I play this game for the PVP arena and Fleet arena more than I do the raiding.