Game update: for 2/15/2017 (Lord of Hunger) MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I am the defunked owner of an engineering degree, and I need somebody smarter with the maths than I to explain how the two "should" and "could" intersect.

Dooku regains 10% protection under his zeta for counterattacking. However, under Nihilus lead, this protection becomes Max Health. So then if Dooku counterattacks, does he regain 10% of his "normal" protection turned into health, or 10% of his new Max Health under DH lead? Also, under Nihilus lead, he has 70% health steal on attacks. If he counterattacks, is this DH-leader health steal applied AFTER his protection/health steal from his zeta, or before, or simultaneously? The total gain could be gravely affected by the order of operations. Anybody else find this all convoluting???

Bueller?

Bueller? Bueller......

........ Bueller.....??....

so the way i understand it is that he gets 10% of protection that he has 0 of so 0

so when he counteratacks he gets the healthsteal form leader and 0 from the protection and since he can't crit once palp is down it will turn into a time fight. If oponent has biger dmg you can't expect a slow rol in auto since he will keep targeting the lowest toons but if you can slow roll enaugh for nihilus to 1 shot the team with health steel that might be somthing
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing he gains nothing, as the game's code will register 10% of 0 total protection. Sidious will also be awful under Nihilus lead.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    I am 2 shards away from maxing kylo, have a max phasma can do without trooper why do i need to buy all toons please release a ship only pack and think of such things beforehand. It's nice forr the pack to be there for beginners sure but people who have been around for 6 months + shouldn't be expected to pay 75% of the pack so they can get blue shards.... this is just so so offensive

You think they wouldn't still charge 40$ dollars for just the ship? The characters are just a bonus so you can unlock ship right away. The ship is the meat of the pack, so it'd probably still be a 40$ bundle. They'd just throw in extra building mats to help justify pack cost.

Just charge 40 $ lol I'll run my math and decide but don't send me a bundle in wich I have 50% of them maxed. I mean sell me that bundle 2 and then a second pack with the ship. If i really want the ship and go for it the bundle might be there to make it worth it but in no way do I appreciate the lack of a choice

sure make it 100$ and make me chose the bundle but the issue is that % wise it makes no sense to buy 80 shards and have 180 turned to blue things
  • Options
    Look people pls stop complaining there are so many things to do and so many toons we/ I already have to gear and lvl up that will take months and then other toons that will come out in that time like jyn. So pls stop complaining u can't have the newest thing right away work on what u got. I see many different squads in my arena even jedi so work on what u got and you will move up and in time these toons will be f2p. They are trying to make sure u can't cheat so be patient other tournaments soon enough
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I am 2 shards away from maxing kylo, have a max phasma can do without trooper why do i need to buy all toons please release a ship only pack and think of such things beforehand. It's nice forr the pack to be there for beginners sure but people who have been around for 6 months + shouldn't be expected to pay 75% of the pack so they can get blue shards.... this is just so so offensive

You think they wouldn't still charge 40$ dollars for just the ship? The characters are just a bonus so you can unlock ship right away. The ship is the meat of the pack, so it'd probably still be a 40$ bundle. They'd just throw in extra building mats to help justify pack cost.

Just charge 40 $ lol I'll run my math and decide but don't send me a bundle in wich I have 50% of them maxed. I mean sell me that bundle 2 and then a second pack with the ship. If i really want the ship and go for it the bundle might be there to make it worth it but in no way do I appreciate the lack of a choice

sure make it 100$ and make me chose the bundle but the issue is that % wise it makes no sense to buy 80 shards and have 180 turned to blue things

Remember that they mentioned more characters could be cycling through Shard Shop, like Baze and K2 have. So that blue currency isn't going to be totally useless.
  • Options
    Kevez wrote: »
    again, if nihilus can't increase cooldowns of moves that haven't been used...
    If it works like Death Trooper's grenade (when Omega-ed) he can.

• Options
    tried, got 3 packs full of GG and b2 and the such...decided to not waste more crystals.

I was hoping for some premium toons -- clones, rex, but really jyn/chirrut etc. not sure if any decisions should be made w/ an N=3, but it was enough for me to hold off for now
  • Options
    I love the new characters. Since I'm a big swtor fan, it's really nice to get a throwback to those days.

Sith Trooper: What a guy. 100% defense, and constantly gains more, as well as taunt and counter attacking. My new favorite Royal Guard.

Sith Assassin: I admit, she's generic, but she's not an Ugnaught by any means. She can continually boost her allies turn meter as well as amplify her damage when buffed, as well as help stun people to make way for the real deal.

Darth Nihilus: When I checked swgoh.gg and saw his unique, I instantly thought of how OP Zader will be. He'll keep applying those DoTs forever, so screw you Zarriss. Not to mention, I can just make a character off them self in just a simple ability, then gain their health.

I'd say all in all, now with these new characters, it's the Revenge of the Sith.
  • Options
    Full health mods with speed secondaries on nihilus lead...tho I have doubts due TO THE LACK OF CRITICAL HITS - wich will go 5k dmg instead of 17k on maul.....
  • Options
    There's no way to get an idea of the drop rate unless you buy a lot. Guildmate had 10 shards and a full toon drop in one 8 pack but no idea if he bought 1 or 100 to get that. I'm just happy for him cause he wanted to finish her off and he did.
  • Options
    I opened 3 packs and pulled:
    1. Chirrut and Nebit (had both already)
    2. Geo Spy and Geo Spy (fml)
    3. Jyn and K2SO

So it can be done.
  • Options
    Can you update the ships part of game. Its boring. I jhst go in once, and retreat for my dailys.And Zetas should be put into, normal challenges on character side of game
  • Options
    I went onto my alt to see if it had any crystals from when I quit months ago.
    Opened a 4x chromium for shards of mace, tarkin, dengar and a full Jyn
    Had enough left for a single. Pulled a full baze. :o
  • Options
    He's OP. I mean, if you give him lots of health and speed, he'll use the OHK ability on someone as ridiculous as GK in no time.

Also, what does that OHK ability do to raid bosses? A OHK? 100k?

Answered on Reddit by devs. The move will do 99,999 dmg to raid bosses but no healing effect from the ability.
  • Options
    Who has a couple extra zetas lying around to try...

I will anxiously await their result
  • Options
    So at this point is it safe to say that the drop rates on all chromium characters is the same? I would love to hear from the Dev's on this since I got burned badly by Baze and Shore T.
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    So at this point is it safe to say that the drop rates on all chromium characters is the same? I would love to hear from the Dev's on this since I got burned badly by Baze and Shore T.

If you got burned before, learn from it! Don't keep making the same mistake and expecting a different outcome.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm guessing he gains nothing, as the game's code will register 10% of 0 total protection. Sidious will also be awful under Nihilus lead.

It's 10% of max, and the max protection value is not changed. Just to clarify that point.

But I agree he will get nothing as this is not a steal.
  • Options
    He's OP. I mean, if you give him lots of health and speed, he'll use the OHK ability on someone as ridiculous as GK in no time.

Answered on Reddit by devs. The move will do 99,999 dmg to raid bosses but no healing effect from the ability.

Wow, that's a nice bonus...
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Wow, that's a nice bonus...

What I find funny is we have Zader doing over 1 million damage in raids with some buildup yet they still call 99,999 massive damage lol.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Athusk wrote: »
    Riktoven wrote: »
    Between Shoretrooper and Sith Trooper, it shouldn't be a problem to keep Hungry Man alive long enough to do his thing.

Maybe B2 and more ability blockers will be an asset against these teams.

I will be running most my sith now with mostly tenacity mods since crit chance/damage is useless

this is probably what will keep me from running nilihus. i have a lot of my toons setup with 2 health mods and 4 critical damage. i do well by my standards.

i tried following a page that had recommendations but i think i just didn't have the higher marked version so when i put in what the page said for say EP the way i had him was far better.

• Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    i'm laughing because i don't understand a word he just typed.

i thought this was a game. i just get into battle and push the buttons.

Love it.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It's 10% of max, and the max protection value is not changed. Just to clarify that point.

Yh the stat is there it's just converted to health. I think it will still gain that protection as health. I think that's why they implemented that Zeta in the first place lol
  • Options
    The missing info for the Kylo Ren ship pack is where the shards will be. If it is like Slave 1 and the shards appear in the shop from time to time I'd consider the pack. However if getting more shards for the ship means buying a stupid amount of blind packs, no deal.
  • Options
    This is such a wombo combo: leader nihilius Vader ep sith trooper and some toon=
    Ep starts stuns every one then vader with hits crush on everyone for debuffs, by then trooper has taunt and retr. Then nihilius with is drain to increase all cooldowns and reduce his ability to 2 turns,
    All the hits were aoe so doesnt matter if chaze or shore. Then you hit a few times and nihilius uses his ability to insta kill the biggest health tank and gain like 30k health or more to his max health and gg you already won.
  • Options
    Could it be he will gain 10 % of health now on counterattack? Which is effectively protection+health?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yh the stat is there it's just converted to health. I think it will still gain that protection as health. I think that's why they implemented that Zeta in the first place lol

It's not a steal, it's a recover (healing effect) which would be blocked by his leader ability.
  • Options
    I wonder where did you get 70% health steal... Nihilus lead ability description on GG states 150% health steal - which would be pretty OP for Dooku.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Platzman wrote: »
    I wonder where did you get 70% health steal... Nihilus lead ability description on GG states 150% health steal - which would be pretty OP for Dooku.

70% on rank 1, 150 % on rank 7. You both right.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Platzman wrote: »

70% on rank 1, 150 % on rank 7. You both right.

Thanks, did not realize this. He judged from what he can see ingame ofc.