Game update: for 2/15/2017 (Lord of Hunger) MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Options
    Good update but I also would like to see ship only packs. Putting 155 shards of toons I have maxed to shard shop is just not attractice anymore.
  • Options
    I've noticed that Vader under Palpatine's leadership no longer gains turn meter upon applying debuffs, which is pretty **** annoying given that this was the best thing in the combo (Force Crush + Culling Blade). But I also see no mention of this change being deliberate in the update. Is it a bug?
  • Options
    So nothing going in gw, arena or cantina shipments.
  • Gezesh_Rahl
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sith trooper is an actual sith? I find it confusing. Previously on sith tag was used to tag actual siths. Now some generic human trooper that serves the sith has the same tag. I would understand if he was tagged as sith empire, but not actual sith. Lore wise this makes no sense.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    KaptnOri wrote: »
    I've noticed that Vader under Palpatine's leadership no longer gains turn meter upon applying debuffs, which is pretty **** annoying given that this was the best thing in the combo (Force Crush + Culling Blade). But I also see no mention of this change being deliberate in the update. Is it a bug?

video?
  • Options
    Wow... what if I place Chase under Nihilus lead, and add Barriss... hmmm
  • Options
    Agreed, wanted to write the same.
    I actually expected "sith trooper" in that blackgolden armor (kotor version), which actually is called there sith trooper. But what i know, this version of trooper is from swtor and is called there imperial trooper... Am I wrong?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Idk anything about old republic material, but i think the devs just wanted to beef up the faction with some generic toons, especially one with a taunt.

Edit: there haven't been many options for sith teams until now
  • Options
    Yep, he is. If they wanted generic sith tank so badly, they could add sith juggernaut, that would make sense.
  • Options
    Youre both right, but back in the days of the OldRepublic, Sith werent all force-weilders. It was more of a political party. Imagine info-wars, alt-righters bred w/ satan's attack dogs & youre close. Guess their decision was based upon the context of OldRepublic
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    EasyRight wrote: »
    Youre both right, but back in the days of the OldRepublic, Sith werent all force-weilders. It was more of a political party. Imagine info-wars, alt-righters bred w/ satan's attack dogs & youre close. Guess their decision was based upon the context of OldRepublic

triggered trump supporters in 3... 2... 1....
  • Options
    Packs are priced a lot better and give SHARDS instead of full characters which is a good thing for finishing a character. Sith buffs were on point! Great update overall with all the bug fixes that dropped.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Does the OP's argument have anything to do with Asajj? Was Opress really a Sith?

And note this new post (tonight):
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The version of Asajj we have in game currently will not be getting the Sith affiliation.

I think it's important to read into this more so than some are currently.

With all that being said, I propose a series of new tags: "Dark Force User", "Sith Apprentice", "Apprentice", "Guardian", etc. Such labels, with statements about their purpose, would clear up confusion.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Wow... what if I place Chase under Nihilus lead, and add Barriss... hmmm
    Can only gain life from health steal
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Gezesh_Rahl
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Does the OP's argument have anything to do with Asajj? Was Opress really a Sith?

And note this new post (tonight):
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The version of Asajj we have in game currently will not be getting the Sith affiliation.

I think it's important to read into this more so than some are currently.

With all that being said, I propose a series of new tags: "Dark Force User", "Sith Apprentice", "Apprentice", "Guardian", etc. Such labels, with statements about their purpose, would clear up confusion.

Nah, nothing to do with Asajj. My idea is they should make a new tag "Sith Empire" and include there nihilus, sith trooper and other Kotor/swtor sith empire toons(akin to palpatine empire), and change the corresponding abilities/leaderships, to include them. No need for individual generic tags. That being said, Nihilus and sith assassin can still have their sith tag.
  • Options
    If you wanted to go by back in the days of the Old Republic. The Sith were a race of being, just like gungan or human or twi'lek. Since they are pulling these new characters from the Knights of the Old Republic games perhaps they are Sith?

• Options
    Wookiepedia says this, so I take it...
    "Imperial soldiers, also known as Sith troopers, were the infantry units of the reconstituted Sith Empire's army."
  • Options
    If you wanted to go by back in the days of the Old Republic. The Sith were a race of being, just like gungan or human or twi'lek. Since they are pulling these new characters from the Knights of the Old Republic games perhaps they are Sith?

It was a very rare thing for sith pureblood not being trained in the ways of the force. Troopers in most cases were humans.
  • Options
    My only problem with the update is the removal of Ally Points from the Daily Activity Completion. I used them to farm Shards and Gear from the Bronzium cards. Please put them back.
  • Options
    I've read the Darth Bane trilogy - the 'Sith' had their own army who battled the 'republic'/jedi. Darth Bane was actually a 'trooper' in that army who led his own battalion until his force-sensitivity was discovered. Nihilius and Bane aren't from the same era, but I'm assuming the Sith Trooper released with Nihilus was a trooper in the army of the Sith.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    KaptnOri wrote: »

video?

Hm, looks like a false alarm. Got resolved on its own after resetting the squad. Must have been some weird glitch.
  • Options
    please DONT TOUCH ANYMORE to the game chars PLEASE :'(

WE LOVE THIS GAME AND U BROKE IT FROM UPDATE 2 ANOTHER PLEASE ://
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hammurabi wrote: »
    I'm assuming the Sith Trooper released with Nihilus was a trooper in the army of the Sith.
    Problem is he wasnt... Nihilus used golden armor type sith troopers (as Revan, Malak and other two from sith triumvirate). The releasedone is from another era of the old republic (or at least from another fraction of sith). But nevermind, wookiepedia says that these imperial troopers were called sith troopers as well, so I take it.
  • Options
    Hammurabi wrote: »
    I've read the Darth Bane trilogy - the 'Sith' had their own army who battled the 'republic'/jedi. Darth Bane was actually a 'trooper' in that army who led his own battalion until his force-sensitivity was discovered. Nihilius and Bane aren't from the same era, but I'm assuming the Sith Trooper released with Nihilus was a trooper in the army of the Sith.

The Sith Structure was slightly different but essentially yes.

The Troopers were the Siths army..... fighting for the goals of the sith.

Ventress is a dark jedi using her powers for her own goals.
  • Options
    The name "Sith" has meant several different things in legends. Everything within Canon exists within the Rule of Two era, which is when there could only ever be 2 sith lords.

In legends the sith were a race of people, an empire, and an order of dark side users at different times (with overlap). The three new sith are all from an era long before the rule of two, when the title of Sith wasn't nearly as specific or contentious.
  • Options
    This explains maul's leader change
  • Options
    The Sith Trooper is clearly from SWTOR era. While there were some Sith (species) who were not Force sensitive, 99% of the Imperial troopers were human. Also he has Vaiken's legacy who was also a human.
    Ofc these doesn't necessarily mean the Sith Trooper is human, but it makes a lot more sense imo.

P.S.: I wonder how many ppl didn't know Sith was a species first?
  • Options
    Ixany wrote: »
    The Sith Trooper is clearly from SWTOR era. While there were some Sith (species) who were not Force sensitive, 99% of the Imperial troopers were human. Also he has Vaiken's legacy who was also a human.
    Ofc these doesn't necessarily mean the Sith Trooper is human, but it makes a lot more sense imo.

Dawn of the Jedi was a decent read for anyone interested in some of this.... as well as the Kotor novels/games
  • Gezesh_Rahl
    145 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ixany wrote: »

Only folks that have played swtor or read wookipedia/books know about this :)
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Ally point can use to buy Bronzium which benefit player to get many good reward.

Why remove, what is benefit to community to remove this reward.