Anyone else cringe at all the "Z" character names

Prev13456
Khaleesi1221
152 posts Member
edited February 2017
I think it's just odd

I don't remeber hearing about Zader, but I do remember a Vader

Maybe the devs can replace all first letters with a Z: Znakin, Zoruscant Underworld Police, Zate Gunray, Zeneral Kenobi

Not too hard I bet

Edir: I know it stands for a character that has a zeta, but is zeta maul that time consuming to type?

Replies

• Options
    I actually find it quite amusing.
  • Options
    The worst is Zoba, I can't stand that.
  • Options
    For a generation that is too lazy to type the word "and" and use either "n" or "nd" yes it's too much work for them to type out zeta, or even zmaul. I find it very annoying but try to just ignore it, saw one a minute ago that made me roll my eyes "zarth zihilus" ugh...
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Krooper is the lamest thing. Just type DT and Krennic.

Zowever, za z's zone zeem zoo bothzer me.
  • Options
    It's just an abbreviation, but I agree it is kind of annoying
  • Options
    i'm a genx'er and don't mind it at all
  • Options
    It's Ztar Zars Zalaxy Zof Zeroes.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    It gets quite old to keep typing vader with zeta or zeta maul, not to mention zeta sidious, zeta finn plus others.

This combined with a mobile device makes me use those myself occassionally even though it bothers me :)
  • Options
    Some body doesn't want the typing meta to change...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    it depends on who it is really some sounds cool, some sound ok, and others just sound awful.
  • Red_Madness
    367 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I actually find it quite amusing.

Yup, this. I find it kinda fun lol.
    This is a signature.
  • Options
    Claiming a generational gap, and laziness, for such abbreviate behaviors, its apparent the accusers are easily annoyed and have obvious anxiety and judgmental tendencies. There's help for that in the form of counseling and pharmaceutical. ;)

Gen Xer here, and love the shorthands!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Claiming a generational gap, and laziness, for such abbreviate behaviors, its apparent the accusers are easily annoyed and have obvious anxiety and judgmental tendencies. There's help for that in the form of counseling and pharmaceutical. ;)

Might wanna take your own advice lol. Nevercwant to assume, but I assume you're not very bright ;)

Edit: Take a reading comprehension course; could really do you some good ;)

I suggest working with a psychiatrist or an in-patient therapy group
  • Options

Yeah ok. Cool story
  • Options
    I think it's dumb. But equally dumb--no, I take that back--even dumber is blaming it on a lazy generation. Portmanteaus have been around for centuries.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yeah this zader **** annoying. Props to poster for this post.
  • Khaleesi1221
    152 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's dumb. But equally dumb--no, I take that back--even dumber is blaming it on a lazy generation. Portmanteaus have been around for centuries.

Man, is everyone around here a fool. LEARN TO READ! Not calling lazy, just think the name(s) sound very dumb

There's an expression callee tongue-in-cheek: look it up ;)
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Not as annoying as Hayden Christensen
  • Options
    Ooh this is getting good. A shame the forum police will shut it down in

3, 2, ....
  • Options

I agree. Some people write how they want, but using abbreviations doesn't mean "generational laziness". Typing the whole thing out doesn't make people not lazy, it's just a few letters, it doesn't mean someone is lazy lol. Abbreviations are just easier when everyone knows who you are talking about
  • Options
    I don't know what's wrong with zVader, zBoba, zMaul. It's literally one extra letter just looks better imo.

If someone doesn't write it with the 'Z'ader paradigm, rest assured someone will respond with the correction.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    :D:D:D:D
    The worst is Zoba, I can't stand that.

Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
  • Options
    Z6, Z8, Z2, ZK (Z7), Z00 (Zagnaguard)....when droids come out.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Zeta Rex would be the best name.

Who wouldn't like his name?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Man, is everyone around here a fool. LEARN TO READ! Not calling lazy, just think the name(s) sound very dumb

There's an expression callee tongue-in-cheek: look it up ;)
    Hey, buddy, maybe read all posts before getting defensive? I was responding to...
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    For a generation that is too lazy to type the word "and" and use either "n" or "nd" yes it's too much work for them to type out zeta, or even zmaul. I find it very annoying but try to just ignore it, saw one a minute ago that made me roll my eyes "zarth zihilus" ugh...
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I don't know what's wrong with zVader, zBoba, zMaul. It's literally one extra letter just looks better imo.

If someone doesn't write it with the 'Z'ader paradigm, rest assured someone will respond with the correction.

This! I definitely prefer to use a lower case 'z' in front of the characters name. It does look better and you're not botching the character's name like the other way.
  • Options

^This.

I have been denoting zeta characters by a little "z" before their name. For example: zVader, zMaul. Takes me back to my formal logic classes.
  • Options
    When does Zit Fisto get his zeta?
  • Options

Don't be silly, such things are newfangled. Now I'm off to the motel to get my brunch.

Slightly more seriously, there is a general rule. Anything that happened before you were born is the natural order of things (like "motel" or "brunch", unless you're over the age of 90). Anything that happens until your late teens is a cool new technology/word/lingo/whatever, and it's part of your generation and you remember it fondly (for me, that would be "like, I'm gonna make you a b1tch1n' mix tape"). Anything that happens after you're a fully grown adult is frightening and new and you can't understand it and "kids these days" and grumblegrumblegrumble and SnapChat and GenerationXers and Zader and such...
  • Options
    BettieBlue wrote: »

Don't be silly, such things are newfangled. Now I'm off to the motel to get my brunch.

Slightly more seriously, there is a general rule. Anything that happened before you were born is the natural order of things (like "motel" or "brunch", unless you're over the age of 90). Anything that happens until your late teens is a cool new technology/word/lingo/whatever, and it's part of your generation and you remember it fondly (for me, that would be "like, I'm gonna make you a b1tch1n' mix tape"). Anything that happens after you're a fully grown adult is frightening and new and you can't understand it and "kids these days" and grumblegrumblegrumble and SnapChat and GenerationXers and Zader and such...

These kids today with their fax machines and Zinn (L)! Now get off of my property, you smoochers!