Anyone else cringe at all the "Z" character names

Replies

• Options
    We are warriors who use our thumbs to fight.... judge for yourself whether that is skill or laziness.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Zader? Zoba? QGZ? Zyn? K2ZO? Zewbacca? Zrennic? Zihlus? Zaul? Zoda? Zassajj? Zarris? Zassian? Zoda? Zives? Zooku? Zidious? Zinn? Zasma? FOTZ? Zylo? Zey? Zoe?
  • Options
    easy fix, simply include a LOWERCASE "z" in front of their names. zVader, zDooku, zSid, zETc. zEtc. zEtc.

This looks the best. Looks alot better than zidader or whatever the hell people are saying.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember if this kind of stuff ever happened for omega abilities?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    easy fix, simply include a LOWERCASE "z" in front of their names. zVader, zDooku, zSid, zETc. zEtc. zEtc.

This looks the best. Looks alot better than zidader or whatever the hell people are saying.

zidader was Zidious and Zader put together, so that's why that one is especially weird lookin.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Brek wrote: »
    This is not nearly as bad as people thinking apostrophes are used to pluralize.

I c wht u did thr.

I didn't do anything. I made a comment. While the abbreviations in your response may seem annoying to some, at least there's a clear reason for them. Adding an apostrophe to create a plural form of a word introduces an unnecessary character, and a special character at that. It creates more work. There is no logical reason for it.

I c wht u did thr.

I didn't do anything. I made a comment. While the abbreviations in your response may seem annoying to some, at least there's a clear reason for them. Adding an apostrophe to create a plural form of a word introduces an unnecessary character, and a special character at that. It creates more work. There is no logical reason for it.

:) . Indeed.
  • Options
    Zader? Zoba? QGZ? Zyn? K2ZO? Zewbacca? Zrennic? Zihlus? Zaul? Zoda? Zassajj? Zarris? Zassian? Zoda? Zives? Zooku? Zidious? Zinn? Zasma? FOTZ? Zylo? Zey? Zoe?

This hurt my eyes.
  • Options
    Vader Vader, bo-bader, bananafanna-fo fader, ze-zi-zo Zader....Vader.
  • Options
    Maul Maul, bo-baul, bananafanna-fo faul, ze-zi-zo Zaul, Maul.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I c wht u did thr.

i'm not a native speaker/writer. To me "typo's" somehow looks more correct than "typos" or "typoes". Apparently "typos" is the correct spelling. Anyway, i had to look it up, wich obviously took me longer and is more work than just typing it incorrectly a few dozen times. So i guess we can also chalk this one up to being lazy? ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I c wht u did thr.

i'm not a native speaker/writer. To me "typo's" somehow looks more correct than "typos" or "typoes". Apparently "typos" is the correct spelling. Anyway, i had to look it up, wich obviously took me longer and is more work than just typing it incorrectly a few dozen times. So i guess we can also chalk this one up to being lazy? ;)

But if you were truly lazy wouldn't you just ignore the apostrophe as it's another character to type? So you would just write "typos" anyways? Clearly you're not lazy enough. You need to stop putting in the effort.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

Bo-selecta.
  • Options

Bo-selecta.

The show never made its way to this side of the Atlantic, for which I guess I should be grateful? I'm told.

That said, it does sound like a Star Wars name.
  • Options

Bo-selecta.

The show never made its way to this side of the Atlantic, for which I guess I should be grateful? I'm told.

Just want to point out a period should be used instead of a question mark because it is phrased as a statement even though it wants a response.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    i find it funny because it's so st upid.
  • Options
    Ok but is it Zhamsa or phaZma?
  • Options
    for me it's phasma. i have no zeta's yet. but when i do it will still be vader, maul, phasma, and whoever else.
  • Options

ZaZma
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

ZaZma

1 Z per Zeta. Only Zarth Zihilus can have 2 Zs. So it's either Zhasma or PhaZma.
  • Options
    Not zPhasma? Lol.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

ZaZma

1 Z per Zeta. Only Zarth Zihilus can have 2 Zs. So it's either Zhasma or PhaZma.

What about Zoda? ZZoda?? ZoZa???ZodaZ????
    Also it's ZihiluZ
  • Options
    Imagine Jar Jar in the game with a zeta

Zar Zar
  • Options
    Imagine Jar Jar in the game with a zeta

Zar Zar

Zith Lord Jar Jar is more appropriate.
  • Options
    This whole thread looks like everyone is falling asleep while typzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

Vertigo wrote: »

zidader was Zidious and Zader put together, so that's why that one is especially weird lookin.

MULOLHAHAHA!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Claiming a generational gap, and laziness, for such abbreviate behaviors, its apparent the accusers are easily annoyed and have obvious anxiety and judgmental tendencies. There's help for that in the form of counseling and pharmaceutical. ;)

Gen Xer here, and love the shorthands!

Forgot the ' in it's. :p
    Claiming a generational gap, and laziness, for such abbreviate behaviors, its apparent the accusers are easily annoyed and have obvious anxiety and judgmental tendencies. There's help for that in the form of counseling and pharmaceutical. ;)

Might wanna take your own advice lol. Nevercwant to assume, but I assume you're not very bright ;)

Edit: Take a reading comprehension course; could really do you some good ;)

I suggest working with a psychiatrist or an in-patient therapy group

Great comeback, BRO!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

Bo-selecta.

Just want to point out a period should be used instead of a question mark because it is phrased as a statement even though it wants a response.
    When writing online it's often helpful to use punctuation that may not be technically correct in order to convey tone, thereby enhancing communication. Examples of this would be the use of italics, ellipses, or all caps. It is similar to the concept of writing dialogue "as it sounds" as opposed to how the same concept would be conveyed otherwise.
    In addition, the cadence (at least in my head) sounded more Yiddish, for which a question mark would be appropriate (at least tonally).
    If I admonished everyone on their punctuation and use of passive voice in a conversation I wouldn't be too much fun at parties. Finally, I'm not handing in these message board comments to be graded. My intent was clear. That said, please feel free to call me out on these things, as I may not be aware of them in spite of my English degree.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Forgot the ' in it's. :p

Might wanna take your own advice lol. Nevercwant to assume, but I assume you're not very bright ;)

Edit: Take a reading comprehension course; could really do you some good ;)

I suggest working with a psychiatrist or an in-patient therapy group

Great comeback, BRO!

man, you lazy. broTHER
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nihiluzz and Jyzz for the double zeta
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think it's just odd

I don't remeber hearing about Zader, but I do remember a Vader

Maybe the devs can replace all first letters with a Z: Znakin, Zoruscant Underworld Police, Zate Gunray, Zeneral Kenobi

Not too hard I bet

Edir: I know it stands for a character that has a zeta, but is zeta maul that time consuming to type?

Well, i get how that may be annoying. Definitely confusing at times. But keep in mind that some may ask why it's hard for people to type "developer", and they just shorten it to "dev".

I think it's a generational thing. A long time ago, you wouldnt type can't, won't, don't... only cannot, will not, and the barely longer "do not". It may have driven the old timers crazy that people wrote "can't" ... until it just became what you did and is part of language.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.