Assault Battle: Places of Power Discussion

Replies

• Whale event? Lol. Hardly.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Has anybody refreshed places of power? If so what's the payout, I'm thinking about doing it if it's worth it
  • Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    It really isn't like that mate. I got every single Sith free to play. Vader took me months to get; got him. Sidious, Dooku and savage I farmed back when the game was released and maul was tough but got him too. It doesn't cater to anyone. You've just got to put the effort in

You sir are 100% correct! This was no whale event, it was fun and fair. Outstanding payouts

@millertime2717 I know right!? 1.4 mil ship credits!? Outstanding. I managed to get slave 1 to level 85 and got some credits ready for Nihilus along with some mod salvage which were the one star unneeded for other toons
  • As it runs for two days, consider waiting for the Auto refresh...Second play rewards are weaker than first play in Assault Battles.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    As it runs for two days, consider waiting for the Auto refresh...Second play rewards are weaker than first play in Assault Battles.

Yeh I figure that but I notice its a pretty hefty refresh cost so I'm thinking it may be worth it! What you think about that possibility?
  • A guy in my guild refreshed and got 200K ship credits, 4 fives blueprints, 5 rex shards and 3 carbantia gel salvage... probably not worth it.
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    Got through them with Palpatine (L) g11, Vader g10, maul g10, FOTP g11, and Kylo g11. Finishing Round 7 with Maul so he started Round 8 with 100% TM and his AOE was pretty sweet. No zetas involved.

Honestly enjoyed it, even yoda (can we have that version in the real game please?) and cannot complain about the stun cuffs and guns......

Same here except I used Savage and Dooku instead of Kylo and FOTP. Got 15 stun cuffs from the bonus round, only need 25 more to get Maul to G11. This was a fun event, really all the assault battles have been, even the Ewok/Ugnaugt one.

Haha, yeah the rewards were quite welcome! I vote they keep that prize structure around! I didn't get to partake in the ewok/resistance/ugnaught one, but not everyone farms everything lol - ya win some ya lose some xD

The fights in this one felt a bit better than some of the other ones though. Between the leaders each round and then kenobi and yoda at the end i found myself at least thinking about who I was stunning, shocking, and ability blocking.
  • millertime2717
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It was super fun I LOVED THE PAYOUTS!!!!! I ran zader lead and yeh my maul slaughtered yoda was a bit on tier 3 only lost palpatine on it but great event overall
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • A guy in my guild refreshed and got 200K ship credits, 4 fives blueprints, 5 rex shards and 3 carbantia gel salvage... probably not worth it.

Thanks man! Yeh I won't drop 200+ crystals to. It I can do a cantina refresh and two regular refreshes for that
  • I feel tier two was generally weaker than tier one for the first seven levels. Level 8 though...Yoda is a speed demon! All I can say is, better call Zaul.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • My yoda sometimes rocks 120 speed and feels like event yoda. Zeta under zQGJ lead he is pretty solid at taking down zader and zaul teams. I do wish he did more damage...
  • I'm sure quite a few people are interested in how to beat this event. If you are G11 with Zeta leads, I'm sure you were able to auto it. But to provide a starting point, why don't we post what group we brought to the table to win.

For myself, I tried maybe 10 times with various combination of FO and sith and ALWAYS got wrecked at the final stage. I was about to just call it a day, and maybe try again once Nihilus unlocked, but then I thought, eh, one more try ... ON AUTO.

So I took my crew of Darth Maul as leader (G8), Emp Palp (G8), Phasma (G8), FOO (G9), and Kylo (G10), and hit auto. All characters are level 85 except for Mr Maul, who is 80.

Then I plugged my phone in and watched a bit of the basketball game. When I looked back ... my group was on stage 8, and Kenobi was DOWN. I watched, a bit stunned, as my team brought home the gold.

The rewards were a bit underwhelming (I'm happy to report I got my 951st Mk 4 stun gun!), but the ship credits were nice, as were the 10 Vader shards as an achievement. 36 to go. :smile:

So ... who did you win with?
  • I prayed real hard and used Maul lead with Palpatine, Sidius, phasma,kuloren.

It worked.
  • In an interesting turn, I was able to auto stage 2 with the same team as above. Took two tries, but ... /shrug

So yeah, try auto.

In other news, I'm happy to report I'm the proud owner of my 1475th Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage!
  • Wow this places of power event is great! A+++ we got stun cuffs! And it was 3 tiers! Nice rewards!
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jedi event worth a refresh? Is it worth 225??
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    On more than one occasion Vaders ability block on basic failed to land, when it says Jedi cannot evade or resist this effect, bit the one I found interesting was on the 8th battle of tier 3 I used savages special to take out gk, once savage landed back in place from his kill shot he was immediately stunned and no one else had attacked, am I missing something? Or is this some weird bug?

PS: thank you EA/CG for the great event, the rewards were very nice! And I found the event to be very fun!
  • Just saved me 225, thanks!
  • Just make the first tier slightly easier. Some of us dont have zaul or zader yet. Or gear 11 sith/fo
  • Stop buffing event toons beyond comprehension. Yoda should not have a base speed that allows him 3 moves before any one of mine. Enough. Stop it. Cut the ****. It's getting old. My team is full of G10 toons.
    Palp lead with vader, sidious, SO, phasma. All decently modded. Yet when i hit the last stage of second tier I get wiped out because I can get a **** move in. STOP BUFFING TOONS BEYOND WHAT WE CAN GET OURSELVES DEVS!
  • Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    First tier for level 75 characters.
    Rounds 1-7 are fine, seems even fight.
    Round 8 is a total rage quitting what just happened team killer joy killer over the top enemy team.
    Come on seriously, way to make me hate this game.
    My team is pretty good and excel at killing Jedi and debuffing them but what with round 8 battle? More like a raid than an event fight.
    Loosen up your purse strings EA, not all of us can afford 6000 plus power toons.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Calm down man, it's not a hard event and bad goons can do it. You're either doing something very wrong or are just lying out of frustration
  • I found same, ran palp (L) vader sid fotp phasma....as thats all I got, all lvl 80 gear 9 with one 8 and decent though not brilliant mods

Levels 1-7 were ok, lost fotp on 7 then started 8....blinked and it was over.....its just mental.....no chance of finishing it.....tried with vader and sid lead
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    6k??

Would you mind telling us you team?

Cause my maul basically cleaned the floor with everyone, zader and palp just made it hard to see what was going on.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The strategy is maintaining cool downs and turn meter until the last battle

Edit: also, it really isn't that bad. My maul only has 4800 power and I beat the bonus tier
  • I'm level 85 and getting my **** kicked help
  • Calm down man, it's not a hard event and bad goons can do it. You're either doing something very wrong or are just lying out of frustration
    Whale.

This discussion has been closed.