Assault Battle: Places of Power Discussion

Replies

• I mean Yoda's Battle Meditation in the event grants Max Health as well as Tenacity Up so I think they overclock a lot of abilities.

Also, a level 80+ g9 maul can basically solo the entire event (at least my g9 lvl 85 non-zeta maul solo'd the first one, I actually put him with other people for the other two tiers)
  • Made it through tier 3 with a gear 8 Phasma lead, gear 10 Vader, EP, and Savage, and a gear 11 Kylo Ren. Last battle was tricky but Only lost Phasma.
  • HanSolo141 wrote: »
    I can see maul being who was needed... mine is only 5* currently level 80 gear 8. My squad I used was ep, Vader, Kylo, Dooku, sidious.

Agreed, while not necessarily needed to beat the event (You could definitely do it without him), his abilities are basically made for fights like this. Sure, the other sith have some anti-jedi abilities, but mauls raw damage bonus combined with his reworked unique health ability make this event perfect for him. But you're definitely going to need better geared characters all around if you're going to do it without him.
  • It's weird, though. The characters didn't all behave like they were buffed. I never got countered by Aayla one time whereas in GW it seems about 80% of time.
  • I finally just beat the bonus tier even 3 starred it. The key that allowed me to win was making sure on Vader's last turn in stage 7 that I killed someone using culling blade. This allowed me to start stage 8 with Vader having 100% Turn Meter so I was able to use his Omega'd Force Crush on the enemy team before Yoda used his Tenacity up group buff. It was pretty smooth sailing after that. I killed General Kenobi first then focused on Yoda which drained health from the rest of the Jedi at the same time. By the time Yoda died the other 3 were like 1 hit from death.

I used

Palpatine(L) -G11
    Vader - G10
    FotP - G11
    Phasma - G10
    Sidious - G8
  • millertime2717
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    newbornFL wrote: »
    i'm 81 with Maul lead,it's just impossible,Kenobi just mops up everything at the end.

It's not impossible, I use to bullseye womprats with my t16 back home, but seriously I am free to play and slaughtered this event! It was the easiest thing I have done
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    It's weird, though. The characters didn't all behave like they were buffed. I never got countered by Aayla one time whereas in GW it seems about 80% of time.

Her counter chance is 65% when maxed, but I was never countered by her either. (one time she was dazed though so that doesn't help lol).

I did get countered by one of the stealth jedi when IGD was the boss for that wave, so I'm assuming his leader ability was somewhat in effect there.

Also, I had Dooku counter attack after not being hit by an attack twice during the event. Once in the first tier when Fives attacked Sidious, and once in the second tier when Yoda used Battle Meditation. Like Yoda didn't even use an attack on any of my characters and Dooku just randomly counter attacked. I think theres something wrong in there somewhere...
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Went through with my gear 11 FO team and was able to auto the final tier without so much as a scratch. This isn't a brag, there's nothing to brag about being able to auto something. Rather just a little disappointment that these Assault events still don't offer a challenge for maxed teams, even with 3 tiers.

Ran Zeta maul lead, zSavage, EP, SA, and Kylo... Autoed All 3 tiers, except T1 and T2 I soloed with just zeta maul lead XD. Was a LOT OF FUN!!!

How is autoing a battle fun? I don't get that. You aren't even playing.

Well I assume he was enjoying the fruits of his labor hearing his zaul!
  • Can someone please explain to me the difference between Dark Gambit and suicide?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Suicide kills your characters instantly. Dark Gambit kills them after they get attacked. Unless you had less than 30% health, then it's the same thing.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    It's really annoying to beat 7 battles with full health and some protection, only to get owned in the 8th battle. The first seven battles are just time wasters.
  • Dark gambit is basically suicadal in last battle. You get no tm so unless you got crazy good control it's a waste of a turn and HP.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    One time I used it and didn't die. Well, mace dispelled my buff then someone else killed me right after..

So at least I got to see a green triangle for a few seconds!
  • Others find it too much at 8th round? Out of 3 levels, cant get past even the 1st one. 8th round is a wall. Seems like the 1st level difficulty should be at 3rd level. Much time spent retrying to round 8 and nothing to show for it. : (
  • Tried twice. Not even going to try again. This is a complete fail on every level. You could give me 200 shards and six million credits and it wouldn't be worth this
  • Blaer
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Cute... Whales get fed more stuffs... And the rest of us watch the gap grow... And some seriously decent rewards too... "Awesome... A++" /sarcasm

Edit: to be clear... You're gonna get two types of responses... The A: I beat it and love the treasure hoard for it and B: I can't even get close, so thanks for pushing me back on the bubble
  • Sithwolf
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Gonna have to wait on this one. Tier1 - Tried Sid and Palp leads. No Zetas, Palp 7* G9, Vader 7* G10, Sid 7* G9, Kylo 5* G9, Phasma 7* G10. Down to 3 by start of 8th stage then got shredded. Don't have Maul, Dokku or Savage. buying them will not get them up to a level to compete. Maybe next time

Oh, all but Kylo are L85, Kylo is 80
  • You might as well skip it unless you have a full sith (or FO) party ready. I have EP and vader at g11 and some lesser character at g7-8 and I cant even beat the first one. The last battle starts with the jedi all having tenacity up and retribution....against an AoE debuff team...

Unless you are willing to pay a lot of money, these events are pointless. You already have to have a very good team because there is no other way to get ready for it ontime. You can't have one of those in every faction yet that seems to be the assumption.

Might as well call them Whale events. Truly a great way to suck the fun out of this game...so thanks.
  • Maul was the key to success.
  • I have EP and Vader at lvl 85 7* G10, Dooku, Siduous, and Kylo Ren at lvl 80 7* G8.

Had EP in the lead, went for Kenobi first and then Yoda. The rest were easy. 1st tier passed.

Try it.
  • BattlezeD
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    it is far from whale event. you just need to farm the right toons. darth maul is in both fleet and guild shipments. sidious and savage in the arena shipments. you don't need to be a whale to farm them. assault battles are continuous events and eventually returns. so if you want to finish, farm the right toons and finish next time.
  • feälóke wrote: »
    Maul was the key to success.

And shock. Sid was nice too, maul killed, Sid got TM and put a little damage to make sure maul got the next kill too. In the end only the moral booster was standing and maul was powered up to take it way below half health.

To the OP: these events come back around. There will be battles you can do and battles you can't, that's just the nature of the assault events. Every time we get these someone complains they can't do them, over time these people manage to get a team together to do it and Older FTP players are quick to point out that they can swing it.

The assault battles provide a nice end game challenge, though I suspect they are not factoring zetas in at the moment as this event was a touch on the easy side for a fully maxed team.
  • I couldn't beat t1 with savage, Phasma, and palpatine at g10 and Vader + sidious at g8. Took my Darth Maul from g1 to g8, all omegas and max mods, beat the bonus tier fairly easy. Needless to say, you need Darth Maul to have a chance at getting past t1
  • it was easy, cruised right trhough it. With Zader (g10), palp ( g10), Sid (g8), Dooku (g8), Phasma (g8).

All hail Zader
  • BattlezeD wrote: »
    it is far from whale event. you just need to farm the right toons. darth maul is in both fleet and guild shipments. sidious and savage in the arena shipments. you don't need to be a whale to farm them. assault battles are continuous events and eventually returns. so if you want to finish, farm the right toons and finish next time.

Yeah but the next event will likely require a complete different faction at 7* g10 for which I wont be able to be ready on time. And then someone will come in and tell me to farm the right characters for that event. To keep up with these events you have to spend a lot of money, so whale events seems about right.

I am in a casual guild and I can guarantee that no one will be able to finish this event, or was the last one (Ewoks).
  • BattlezeD
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Gokkus wrote: »
    BattlezeD wrote: »

Yeah but the next event will likely require a complete different faction at 7* g10 for which I wont be able to be ready on time. And then someone will come in and tell me to farm the right characters for that event. To keep up with these events you have to spend a lot of money, so whale events seems about right.

I am in a casual guild and I can guarantee that no one will be able to finish this event, or was the last one (Ewoks).

no it is not. when assault battle : places of power event return, it requires same faction (sith and FO). there are 4 assault battles right now.

assault battle: forest moon (empire or/and droids)
    assault battle: military might (rebel or/and clones)
    assault battle: ground war (Ugnaught, Ewoks, and/or Resistance)
    assault battle: places of power (sith or/and FO)

the requirements will NEVER change.
  • Gokkus
    16 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes and right there you already need 20 7* g10 character to complete those battles. And I bet they arent done adding new ones yet. Because you know there will be a jedi and scoundrel one as well. So then you need 30 strong characters.

I am top DPS in my guild and always at 40-60 in arena. If I cant finish these events than most wont be able to.
  • Gokkus wrote: »
    Yes and right there you already need 20 7* g10 character to complete those battles. And I bet they arent done adding new ones yet. Because you know there will be a jedi and scoundrel one as well. So then you need 30 strong characters.

I am top DPS in my guild and always at 40-60 in arena. If I cant finish these events than most wont be able to.

you overestimate your power. there are people completing these assault battles more than you could imagine. your guild and arena rank has nothing to do with this topic. if you want to finish those assault battles you need the right toons. I am no whale and full f2p and i finished all of them except bonus tier of ground war.
This discussion has been closed.