Game Update 4/11/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Only thing I'm not happy about is that TIE Reaper and Kylo's CS is put into Fleet megapack, I've bought one of those when ships was introduced and with my roster I will never buy another, as it's a crystals to shardshop currency for early players and spenders

Agreed. There's little to no value in that megapack at this stage in the game. Shame we can't just buy them for straight crystals for one ship. It would be nice to see ship blueprints for crystals in regular shipments as well.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    "WHAT’S AHEAD
    The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass"

Veers getting a rework? Now that's what I'm tarkin about!...

My guild hated that joke.

Dw it was a good one lol. Others might find your jokes a thrawn in their sides

Please write all my puns for Game Updates from now on.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
    518 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    "WHAT’S AHEAD
    The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass"

Veers getting a rework? Now that's what I'm tarkin about!...

My guild hated that joke.

Dw it was a good one lol. Others might find your jokes a thrawn in their sides

Please write all my puns for Game Updates from now on.

Don't kallus ****, we like those jokes !
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As far as Gar Saxon is concerned, if an enemy does an AoE attack and all 5 members of your team counter-attack, does that mean that Gar Saxon will counter attack 5 times? Once as a counter and 4 additional times as assists? If one of those members is Dooku will Gar-Saxon assist him twice? If one of those members is Sabine, would Gar Saxon assist her once or five times? That sounds like potential to me.

Also, I'm looking forward to giving Royal Guard a 50% chance to counter with a 70% chance to stun. Sounds dirty.
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    Legitimate Question:
    Rogue 1 characters.
    LS: Bistan, Chirrut, Baze, Jyn, Cassian, K2SO
    DS: Shoretrooper, Krennic, Death Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot

Farm locations:
    Bistan: Fleet Shop, Cantina Store -> easy farm less than a month
    Cassian: Arena Shop -> easy farm less than a month
    K2SO: Free, or GW-> easy farm less than a month
    Jyn: Guild Store -> easy farm, maybe 2 months
    Chirrut: Fleet shop -> moderate farm, 2 months.
    Baze: LS 9C(easiest of LS 9 hard nodes) -> long farm, easily obtained by rebel users who baze has synergy with.

Shoretrooper: LS 9B, long farm, hardest node in game, 6 months plus farm, not easily obtained by empire users who he has synergy with
    Krennic: LS 9D, long farm, 2nd Hardest node in game, 6 months plus farm, not easily obtained by empire users who he has synergy with
    Tie Fighter Pilot: Cantina Node, moderate farm, 1-2 months, conflicts with mod farming
    Death Trooper: Cantina Node 20 energy, long farm 2-3 months, conflicts with mod farming

So why is it that Users with Rebels get a clear easy path to ALL R1 characters while being able to still farm mods without interruption, while Empire users have to stop farming mods, and are unable to defeat 9B and 9D where their Empire characters are blocked. Rebel users had to make ZERO investments to farm Baze as they can already 3star all LS node, while Empire users are expected to gear an entire team to G11 to be able to farm Shore or Krennic. That's a huge investment. Even after that investment, it's a 6 month farm.

Question for developers(I know you guys read this): Why are you sticking it to those of us who favor the darkside as every stage? We had to farm some rebels just to get Palpatine, instead of using our Empire characters, of course making it easier for the Light side users. So why is Baze easy to farm to the people who want to add him to their team, yet Krennic is not accessible for those who want to use him?

Just want to point out that 8A in cantina is a 16 energy node. and with double drops for the next few days I plan on starring him up fairly quickly

While true, he has a legitimate gripe (and I say that as an R1 user). Baze really should have been in DS 9C or 9D, and then they could have stuck Krennic in LS 9C and not overlapped with GS' ship. Then everyone has to cross farm if they want the new toons.

It would have been kinder of course to put ds toons on ds nodes, but that ship sailed a long time ago with shore. The moment they put him in LS they should have stuck to cross farm for both sides...

Exactly. Not only should they have Baze on DS hard node, those DS hard 9 nodes should be equally as hard as the lightside ones. In a year you will have baze because you can farm him each day. Like the last post said, we can get krennic and Shore a year after we can finally get to beating the node. They really did make the Lightsid characters really really easy to farm, and they made all the DS ones really really hard. Then they will turn around and put sith trooper and sith assasin in GW or something for all the Zaul users, while those of us not doing sith still take it in the you know where. And I am sure Phoenix farms will be super easy too.

This game has a mega light side bias. Not only that, all the R1 rebels will be heroic raid ready inside a month, aside from Baze. none of the empire onces can be used in raids. I have been trying to beat 9B since shore moved there, I still can't. Ive even farmed new characters to G10 and modded them to help and it's still not happening. I am getting very very frustrated with this game, and the fact the the 2 characters I want to farm are literally out of reach, and everyone else can farm baze, heck even I got 3star on 9C. It was really really easy, and I don't ahve a g11 clone or rebel team.
  • Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    Legitimate Question:
    Rogue 1 characters.
    LS: Bistan, Chirrut, Baze, Jyn, Cassian, K2SO
    DS: Shoretrooper, Krennic, Death Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot

Farm locations:
    Bistan: Fleet Shop, Cantina Store -> easy farm less than a month
    Cassian: Arena Shop -> easy farm less than a month
    K2SO: Free, or GW-> easy farm less than a month
    Jyn: Guild Store -> easy farm, maybe 2 months
    Chirrut: Fleet shop -> moderate farm, 2 months.
    Baze: LS 9C(easiest of LS 9 hard nodes) -> long farm, easily obtained by rebel users who baze has synergy with.

Shoretrooper: LS 9B, long farm, hardest node in game, 6 months plus farm, not easily obtained by empire users who he has synergy with
    Krennic: LS 9D, long farm, 2nd Hardest node in game, 6 months plus farm, not easily obtained by empire users who he has synergy with
    Tie Fighter Pilot: Cantina Node, moderate farm, 1-2 months, conflicts with mod farming
    Death Trooper: Cantina Node 20 energy, long farm 2-3 months, conflicts with mod farming

So why is it that Users with Rebels get a clear easy path to ALL R1 characters while being able to still farm mods without interruption, while Empire users have to stop farming mods, and are unable to defeat 9B and 9D where their Empire characters are blocked. Rebel users had to make ZERO investments to farm Baze as they can already 3star all LS node, while Empire users are expected to gear an entire team to G11 to be able to farm Shore or Krennic. That's a huge investment. Even after that investment, it's a 6 month farm.

Question for developers(I know you guys read this): Why are you sticking it to those of us who favor the darkside as every stage? We had to farm some rebels just to get Palpatine, instead of using our Empire characters, of course making it easier for the Light side users. So why is Baze easy to farm to the people who want to add him to their team, yet Krennic is not accessible for those who want to use him?

Just want to point out that 8A in cantina is a 16 energy node. and with double drops for the next few days I plan on starring him up fairly quickly

While true, he has a legitimate gripe (and I say that as an R1 user). Baze really should have been in DS 9C or 9D, and then they could have stuck Krennic in LS 9C and not overlapped with GS' ship. Then everyone has to cross farm if they want the new toons.

It would have been kinder of course to put ds toons on ds nodes, but that ship sailed a long time ago with shore. The moment they put him in LS they should have stuck to cross farm for both sides...

Exactly. Not only should they have Baze on DS hard node, those DS hard 9 nodes should be equally as hard as the lightside ones. In a year you will have baze because you can farm him each day. Like the last post said, we can get krennic and Shore a year after we can finally get to beating the node. They really did make the Lightsid characters really really easy to farm, and they made all the DS ones really really hard. Then they will turn around and put sith trooper and sith assasin in GW or something for all the Zaul users, while those of us not doing sith still take it in the you know where. And I am sure Phoenix farms will be super easy too.

This game has a mega light side bias. Not only that, all the R1 rebels will be heroic raid ready inside a month, aside from Baze. none of the empire onces can be used in raids. I have been trying to beat 9B since shore moved there, I still can't. Ive even farmed new characters to G10 and modded them to help and it's still not happening. I am getting very very frustrated with this game, and the fact the the 2 characters I want to farm are literally out of reach, and everyone else can farm baze, heck even I got 3star on 9C. It was really really easy, and I don't ahve a g11 clone or rebel team.

What worked for me to 3* 9B was this team.
    GK lead (6* G9), Ayala G11, Zoda (g11), Ashoka (g10), and Lumi (G10) with a borrowed QGZ. The constant cleansing and healing group attacks wrecked in the final stage and the constant foresight helped negate the endless OP'ed AOE. 9C and 9D were cake walks with this same team. Feel the force around you and let the force be your guide
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    As far as Gar Saxon is concerned, if an enemy does an AoE attack and all 5 members of your team counter-attack, does that mean that Gar Saxon will counter attack 5 times? Once as a counter and 4 additional times as assists? If one of those members is Dooku will Gar-Saxon assist him twice? If one of those members is Sabine, would Gar Saxon assist her once or five times? That sounds like potential to me.

Also, I'm looking forward to giving Royal Guard a 50% chance to counter with a 70% chance to stun. Sounds dirty.

Hiya!
    • It doesn't specify a limit, so yes, he'll counter once and then assist once per countering ally.
    • For the same reason, Saxon will assist a countering Dooku twice if Dooku got his bonus attack.
    • Saxon's ability specifies on-attack, not on-hit--Sabine is one attack, multiple hits, so gar will only assist once
  • Options
    Hey Kozi! Since you seem to be on at the moment, can you answer two more questions about the double drops: 1) what time are they going to start; and 2) are they cantina nodes only, or does it include mods?
  • Skubb
    4 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon Will the double drops include everything in the cantina or just the cantina energy nodes?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Hiya!
    • It doesn't specify a limit, so yes, he'll counter once and then assist once per countering ally.
    • For the same reason, Saxon will assist a countering Dooku twice if Dooku got his bonus attack.
    • Saxon's ability specifies on-attack, not on-hit--Sabine is one attack, multiple hits, so gar will only assist once

Holy forum guidelines! That's amazingly solid. RG, Palp, Vader and DT all have some sweet effects on their respective basics. Gar looks to be the real deal as an Empire leader. Sounds good and thanks for the info, Kozi.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    What about a kenobi/cody attack? Would saxon assist 4 times?
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

He assists when an ally attacks during an enemy turn, so no.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

He assists when an ally attacks during an enemy turn, so no.

Ah, yes
  • Options

Hiya!
    Crazy
  • Lin
    12 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon can we have the exact time of double drop event so we can plan accordingly :D Please and thank you!
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Lin wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon can we have the exact time of double drop event so we can plan accordingly :D Please and thank you!
    Also it would be awesome to know when empire rework planned =)
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    Hey Kozi! Since you seem to be on at the moment, can you answer two more questions about the double drops: 1) what time are they going to start; and 2) are they cantina nodes only, or does it include mods?
    • The 13th
    • Cantina nodes only (FOR NOW)
  • Options
    What time does the double drops on cantina start? I'm hoping to 7* both RG and JKA and figure I can do both or at least get close if I double refresh and get the daily energy. However I'd like to maximize production so I was wondering does it start immediately at tonight's activity refresh or will we get an in game announcement?
  • StrikeforceBlade
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Kozi can you please give us a GMT or any standard time that we can google for the start of the double drops in Cantina. I live in New Zealand and it is already the 13th. Thanks
  • BigBP
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Woah, where was this stated in the announcements?!?
  • Donbot89
    30 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    WHAT'S NEW
    Characters:Gar Saxon, Imperial Super Commando
    Ships: Ghost, Phantom II, Gauntlet Starfighter

It's time to celebrate Star Wars!
    With your Phoenix Squadron collected , this year’s Star Wars Celebration fires off with the RISE TOGETHER Event, awarding player’s blueprints for Phoenix Squadron’s ships the Ghost and Phantom II. For those that may have missed them last month we’re also bringing back the bundles and packs to the Store for all Phoenix Squadron members. Upon completing the RISE TOGETHER Event, a new Event will unlock: STAND TOGETHER. This No cost/reward event will allow you to play with the complete Phoenix Squad up to five times a day with opportunities to revisit the Ghost and Phantom II ships as well.
    In addition to the festivities detailed above, there will be Double Drops in the Cantina for 5 days, so be sure to join in the celebration!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/104139/game-update-4-11-2017#latest
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What time does the double drops on cantina start? I'm hoping to 7* both RG and JKA and figure I can do both or at least get close if I double refresh and get the daily energy. However I'd like to maximize production so I was wondering does it start immediately at tonight's activity refresh or will we get an in game announcement?

I believe it'll start at activity reset time, like they did before in the past. So 1 AM if you are in EA Deathstar command center time zone.
  • Options
    Okay our activities have already reset -11 hours ago. But our guild activities reset in 2 and a half hours time. So maybe I will give it a go in 2 and a half hours then.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Okay our activities have already reset -11 hours ago. But our guild activities reset in 2 and a half hours time. So maybe I will give it a go in 2 and a half hours then.
    Try in 6.5 hours.
  • Options
    Did anyone confirm anywhere if mod battles will also have double drops or just the cantina table?
  • Options
    You should be able to see directly on the list of drops. Like 2 Kylo Ren shards instead of one. But I believe cg_* something said, just cantina node for now.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Did anyone confirm anywhere if mod battles will also have double drops or just the cantina table?

Yes, just above. The question was cantina nodes only or mods as well and the answer was cantina nodes only.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »

I believe it'll start at activity reset time, like they did before in the past. So 1 AM if you are in EA Deathstar command center time zone.

No, they need to make a server change which leads to a client restart. At least in the past. So it will start and end for everybody at the same time.

Because of timezones and things 13th is as accurate as stormtroopers targeting skills, so an indicated timerange of when it starts would be appreciated (pst morning?).
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    tenor.gif
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »

No, they need to make a server change which leads to a client restart. At least in the past. So it will start and end for everybody at the same time.

Because of timezones and things 13th is as accurate as stormtroopers targeting skills, so an indicated timerange of when it starts would be appreciated (pst morning?).

Actually you're right. Its going to be when the do a client reset. So could be any minute.
This discussion has been closed.