GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    This makes me wonder what the upper limit is in GW.
    Statistically could you run into a team 20 level's higher?

Personally I've faced a team 13 level's higher and they had an average of 1* more than me.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    That is a mismatch, 15 levels! Good you cleared it, kudos! I dare say you won't find many lvl 45s able to do that. Most folks are finding their way around the game at those levels.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Why does everybody keep reporting their GW day in the forums? "Mine was easy", "mine was super hard", "I got defeated by an Ewok team". I really don't see the point.
    I posted because this is the first time every opponent was lower levels for me. I thought it was an odd occurrence so I shared it. If it bothered you perhaps you shouldn't have read it. The subject gave fair warning I think.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Easy GW are a constant fir me. Don't know if it is just RNG or related to something, bit feels unfair. I'm getting a lot of rewards for Free, while other players can't, or have to work hard for them
  • Options
    So you go from level 52 teams one match in, to fighting against lvl68 6 star teams that are unstoppable???

What was a good game is turning lame and stupid - just like every other build up game you need to invest 1000$

Senseless that your opponents are 20 tiers above your highest character ...

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    My GW was incredibly hard yesterday. I had level 70 7* teams at round 2 and 3. They dropped down to 65-68 the rest of the GW exept for node 9 which jumped up to 70 and 7* again. It was hard but you know what? I still beat it. I am level 66 and have only two 7* characters. There are many strategies that help but I find that having a good bench of 10-12 heroes that can actually contribute as well as a couple rounds of cannon fodder, GW is beatable every day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Personally I love GW and think Arena stinks.
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    Options
    My GW was insanely hard yesterday - battles 6-9 were all 7star lvl 70's and by the end I had a handful of lvl 40's to bring it over the line. I restarted battles around 20 times and to be honest it wasnt much fun and took a very long time to complete... If this is now the norm @lvl 70 then I probably won't bother with GW
  • Options

This x 1000
  • Options
    Good job!! I am glad you came here looking for solutions and help, rather than just moaning and groaning that GW is unfair and too hard and should be nerfed. You had a tough situation and you actually used strategy and willpower to win! I read a post from a Dev somewhere that the level difference is being worked on but won't go live till after this update. But it should hopefully remove the 15 level difference match ups! Great job again!!
  • Options

Agreed. I can actually PLAY GW and strategize, instead of the 'who's Poe shot first' syndrome that is arena.
  • Options
    Arena is fun , agreed there .. Possibly need an update to war to maybe make it something where you have to use all empire, resistance or something like that
  • Options
    i actually won 4 GW out of 5 so far , i lost 1 cuz i didnt know retreat button yet.
    But yea that last match surprised me and i went to forum to ask for solution.
  • Options
    I do generally enjoy GW, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous.

Today might be the first time I fail to finish.

I'm level 62, I have a lot of toons level 60-62. 3 7* and plenty of 4* ,5* , and 6*, but I don't know what they expect when they consistently put us up against level 70s. I think I've literally restarted battles a few hundred times over the course of today just to try get lucky RNG, played for hours and have still been struggling.

I'm on the final round with:
    Phasma 7* 62
    Sid 7* 62
    Lumi 7* 62
    JC 5* 62
    Daka 5* 61
    Fives 5* 61
    Dooku 4* 60

All full health (or very close to) except Phasma who is half. Lumi heal 2 turns to cooldown, Daka heal 1 turn to cooldown, Phasma March 1 turn to cooldown.

vs

Sid 7* 70
    Kylo 7* 70
    Lumi 7* 70
    JC 7* 66
    Dooku 7* 66

Can't even get close to winning.

And this is the third team with mostly 70s I've faced this GW, so no more cannon fodder to use. Farcical.
  • Options
    Well as a 100% F2P I have gotten to a place where I beat GW consistently, and I enjoy the challenge of beating teams that have all level 70 toons. I am currently at lvl 68, with my highest toon being lvl 65 Lumi 7*. I actually find Arena to be more frustrating than GW
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Very constructive title
  • Options
    So you go from level 52 teams one match in, to fighting against lvl68 6 star teams that are unstoppable???

What was a good game is turning lame and stupid - just like every other build up game you need to invest 1000$

Senseless that your opponents are 20 tiers above your highest character ...

You probably invested in the wrong characters. How about restarting and stating from afresh?
  • Options
    It amazes me that people have very different experiences in GW. I find it fun these days.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

You probably invested in the wrong characters. How about restarting and stating from afresh?

If someone has got to level 60 or something I doubt they are going to want to restart, plus even if you invest in the right toons if you get ridiculous opposition it can still be impossible. I think the only good GW toon I don't have that's f2p is Barriss, and it can still take me hours and hours of restarting to win sometimes. Some people don't have time to do that ridiculously monotonous crap.

I totally understand they had to make a change to GW, but I think the jump in difficulty you sometimes experience is just a joke and they need to rethink it a little.
  • Options
    I do generally enjoy GW, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous.

Today might be the first time I fail to finish.

I'm level 62, I have a lot of toons level 60-62. 3 7* and plenty of 4* ,5* , and 6*, but I don't know what they expect when they consistently put us up against level 70s. I think I've literally restarted battles a few hundred times over the course of today just to try get lucky RNG, played for hours and have still been struggling.

I'm on the final round with:
    Phasma 7* 62
    Sid 7* 62
    Lumi 7* 62
    JC 5* 62
    Daka 5* 61
    Fives 5* 61
    Dooku 4* 60

All full health (or very close to) except Phasma who is half. Lumi heal 2 turns to cooldown, Daka heal 1 turn to cooldown, Phasma March 1 turn to cooldown.

vs

Sid 7* 70
    Kylo 7* 70
    Lumi 7* 70
    JC 7* 66
    Dooku 7* 66

Can't even get close to winning.

And this is the third team with mostly 70s I've faced this GW, so no more cannon fodder to use. Farcical.
    Send a suicide squad excluding your 5 best toons. If you are on the last node you don't need healers so I'd run with Phasma, Sid, Lumi, Daka and either fives or Dooku as your A Team.

Aim your suicide squad at damaging either Dooku or Kylo (Sid heals as your suicide squad dies so no point aiming for him). Good luck.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    The thing that annoys me with Glactic War has to be when you run a full gear lvl 7-8 team with 5-7 stars and a guy with gear lvl 5 that is 10 levels below you can stomp your team because of RNG. I have recently been using the retreat option a lot and I have noticed that if you retreat and go in to the battle and do the same things you were before the AI will do the exact same things again and the outcome will be the same. This leads me to believe it's not RNG, but actually a pre determined outcome dependent on what you do and how well you anticipate the AI.
    That being said you still run into those teams that shouldn't be able to put up a fight when they're 10 lvls below you.
    Once you get pass the low lvl teams it can jump to a guy that is the same lvl as you and then jump back down to a guy that is lower lvl as you after you defeat that enemy.
    Like the original comment. It's a very steep hill once you get pass that initial 5-6 opponents.
    I get that is how it's meant to be, but there has got to be another factor to it. I currently have only completed the Galactic War 8/10 times in the achievements and my girlfriend who doesn't have as strong a team as I do, I run Sidious, Kylo, Phasma, Darth and Luminara, she has completed it 10 times now.
    She also don't meet the setups I do and I dunno if it's because it takes your team power and matches that or if it takes your rank on the leader boards? I'm always below 200 in the Squad Arena.
  • Options
    The "team synergy" **** is what drives me to want to abandon ship for better games .. The droid team stuff is ridiculous, and an insult to Star Wars .. A team of droids whacking a team of Jedi ???

I have mostly lvl62 toons - 4-5 star , but constantly facing all 7* level 70s ??

It is t that hard to build logic into the competition engine - level, power, ranking, etc etc ...

Make it a challenge but not stupid where you just keep resetting .. Which is why games like this never make crazy cash like birds or candy games .. Which BTW are lame but provide a steady strategy as you get to high levels
  • Options
    This was fun to see with my lvl 65 team...

NgpjDjy.jpg

Luckily my A team was @ 100% and I was able to beat them after resetting about 20 times. Today's GW was definitely the hardest I've ever beaten and yesterday was the first time I broke too 50 in arena.
  • Options
    Today I am level 63 with my A-Team caught up to my level, but faced an all levl 70 7* purple gear team. Their power level had to of been more than 6k above mine. This was on the 8-9th node.
    How is that even fair?
  • Options
    I have to agree with the OP here. Up until two days ago I was breezing through with my newly leveled heroes after deciding to spread out my leveling. Then I hit a wall massively high leveled fights. I just had these today back to back i took some pictures to show you. keep in mind also that while i am player level 66 my highest character level is 61 6* gear 7. My arena A Team is power 19,400 and i float in rank between 600-500

This GW started of with lvl 60s and progressively went up from there no fluctuations like before. just a straight increase in difficulty every round.

heres the 8th battle:
    image.png

Then the next battle 9:
    image_1.png

This is what i have left with the exception of a few more but not any better.
    image_2.png

• Options
    I am level 62 with most characters at 58/59 and only one at 62. Yesterday I played against a full level 69 team at node 7 or 8. Had to sacrifice a bunch of characters to get over Poe's taunt then resume with my normal team to beat it.
  • Options
    I've been completely bummed over the last few days but I think it's because I turned level 60 and my month-long easy streak is over ☹️ Tomorrow I'm going to be more strategical because I noticed my suicide squads were getting smashed even sooner each day too
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    It was a bloodbath for my squad today, too. Three straight lvl 70 teams to start. Never got past the third fight. Crazy. I've been cruising through it facing teams at my level, maybe having to strategize through a couple nodes where I faced some higher levels, etc. Today was a kick in the junk. hahaha. Have to see tomorrow if this was just a bad couple of match-rolls today or if it's a trend.
  • Options
    Recently I employ following strategy: climb using A team and then switch to B team after I get my reward. This allows everyone to get rewards.
    Thoughts?
    (also I hate how developers remove my $200 of Chromium thread: wanted to spend only $100 for a chance to get Rey and few QGJ shards. Gotten "full characters" like IG86 and all junk. Spent another $100 in chromium just to post pictures and make sure it was not a fluke. IT WASN'T! My worst, actually first pack was something like this: http://imgur.com/a/vw8G3 and ONLY IG86. There... They keep merging to some old $200 thread as an excuse, feel like buying another $100 of chromiums JUST TO HAVE AN ORIGINAL POST!
    Leave my threads alone, mods!)
  • Options
    I don't want other people to get rewards. Rewards make them better more quickly. When I can be at #1 and stay there, I progress more quickly than they do, forcing them to spend more money than me to beat me. Eventually they will tire of spending and quit.