GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    I am currently a level 60 daily player at the top of my arena leaderboard, and was wondering if others in similar situations have found that galactic war is consistently way too easy?

I have only gone through around 20 galactic war conquests, but recently I've found that the difficulty hasn't moved while I've progressed from level 45-60. No exaggeration, earlier today my 3rd battle was against some characters that were only level 2! Level 2!?!

For example my galactic war today the strongest team I fought had heroes 10 levels lower than mine, so even the "toughest" battles are literally a walk in the park. I auto play all my galactic wars because they're so ridiculously easy that it's no fun. The teams I face have little synergy and are horrendously under geared.

While I don't mind collecting easy rewards every day, this game has become a bit repetitive and I would really enjoy a challenge. Will the difficulty scale up as the server gets older???

Thanks!
  • Options
    Seriously???? I'm lvl 69 and I can't complete GW! I'm absolutely sick of it. Not fun anymore
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    Hey everyone, relatively new to the game, and I was curious how the enemies for GW are picked, I only have one team of 4* lvl 56 toons but 3 battles into my ear table I'm matches against teams of 6-7* and between lvl 62-68. In which case I have no chance to defeat them even looking up GW hints and tricks. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
  • Options
    I'm 56 and have some 5* and 4* and I only get matched with one team of 60s along the way. I just keep retreating and rearranging my characters until I get a good start. I don't know how matches are picked but mine are kinda easy haha. Some matches are 45s and others like 58.
  • Options
    The first round is usually a team of 4* levels 46-48...usually. But by the 3rd battle they are 8-10 levels above me and no matter how much I retreat or attempt to get a good start they destroy me...
  • Options
    Was another thread regarding this. I commented that I thought my opponents may be due to the fact I have a number of characters leveled high but not maxed at player level. But reading here makes me think my luck wasn't so unlucky. Wonder if a silent change went out and it didn't quite work as expected??
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Firstly, i've apologize to some of you, well before hitting level 69 i was on a 28 win streak in galactic war loosing 3-4 toons per run and since i reach level 69 i get full purple 7* teams level 68 on the first match and full purple 7* teams level 70 on the second one loosing 1-2 toons PER BATTLE. What the hell is this? I know that it's meant to be hard but THAT HARD?

Secondly, anyone know how the galactic war actually works?
    How we get matched to these opponents etc?
    Anyone got this problem on the same level as me or anything close to that?

Thirdly, on the 8th node 7*Phasma 7*FOTP 7*POE 7*QGJ 7*REY
    I can't beat that team in Arena, now in GW? Like seriously? -_-

Trash talk most welcome but please someone explain to me how GW works, thank you.
  • Options
    I agree. I don't can't say if it's a change to how the GW system works (seems unlikely) or more that I've now leveled to 58 and have started drawing from the deep 70 squads. What was once an easy and sure victory is almost always now a defeat. Hopefully I can make it at least to the 10th fight now though, but some days it's an unlucky number 5.

I suspect the closer I get to 70 the easier it's going to get. I just seem to keep living 10 levels below the level cap. If they raise it to 80 when I get to 68 I'm going to flippin lose it.
  • Options
    At least you're fighting teams that are roughly the same level as you. As level 60 I'm getting full 7* purple 70 teams by fight 5. What chance is there in that?
  • Options
    Lvl 70 F2P beat GW every time since the beginning, facing sometimes teams 5+ level above me or multiple Whales.
    It's not hard, it just takes time to find the perfect RNG in the current GW form.
  • Galgenstrick
    849 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I agree, something chaged with the matching since the level cap was increased. A few days ago I was on the 6th node, barely half way through the GW and had to face a lvl 70 team of 7* Old Ben, 7*Leia, 7* Rey, 7* Poe, 7* QGJ... They took out all 5 of my top guys and 2 others after about an hour of retreating and trying new strategies. Weird thing also, is this team was not on my top 200 leaderboard, maybe a cheater considering the line up they have would cost a fortune...

I think they are working on the GW balancing and pairing after this new big update, should be out sometime this month. We will see. Not a huge deal though, because I can still usually get 800 green credits a day now, still pretty fast farming.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    @Great_Hippo

Well no chance at all.. 10 level higher opponents? Seriously?
  • Options
    Wow the Australian group isn't that bad. I'm L70 and I haven't faced another L70 team in 3 days :)

Loving the easy 1200 tokens per day :)
  • Options
    @John_Matrix1985

I was facing easy opponents as well but now GG.
    I hope your GW don't become unplayable as mine.
  • Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    Lvl 70 F2P beat GW every time since the beginning, facing sometimes teams 5+ level above me or multiple Whales.
    It's not hard, it just takes time to find the perfect RNG in the current GW form.

@Rogerfan I tried everything even with 3 healers 7*Lumi 6*Daka 5*JC i still can't beat them right now.
    Most teams in GW got POE and my QCJ is still 4* unfortunately.
  • Options
    Today, I had level 70 teams starting from node 4 and onwards till node 12. It was very hard
  • Options
    I agree, something chaged with the matching since the level cap was increased. A few days ago I was on the 6th node, barely half way through the GW and had to face a lvl 70 team of 7* Old Ben, 7*Leia, 7* Rey, 7* Poe, 7* QGJ... They took out all 5 of my top guys and 2 others after about an hour of retreating and trying new strategies. Weird thing also, is this team was not on my top 200 leaderboard, maybe a cheater considering the line up they have would cost a fortune...

I think they are working on the GW balancing and pairing after this new big update, should be out sometime this month. We will see. Not a huge deal though, because I can still usually get 800 green credits a day now, still pretty fast farming.

@Galgenstrick I was 20-30th on my server, i deliberately drop to 80 and 100+ to see whether something change but nothing change still those overpowered opponents since Saturday/Sunday :/

Yeah but the 1200 tokens were better than just the 800 tokens now :/
  • Options
    Man, if I had a nickel for every GW complaint post.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I don't want other people to get rewards. Rewards make them better more quickly. When I can be at #1 and stay there, I progress more quickly than they do, forcing them to spend more money than me to beat me. Eventually they will tire of spending and quit.

Don't forget that there are multiple rewards for various time zones
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Man, if I had a nickel for every GW complaint post.

@jeremyj26 Look dude when you win 28 GW in a row then start fighting OP opponents "du jour au lendemain" there's definitely something wrong. At least they could have notify us of any change.
  • Options
    True, and you get a random shard and premium ability mat on the last battle, which are always nice. Oh well, now that most of my main guys are lvl 70, I can start training up some GW support toons. Still haven't unlocked Barriss and my JC is only 4*... Gives us some more to work toward.
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Today, I had level 70 teams starting from node 4 and onwards till node 12. It was very hard

@Ivan_Drago Haha at least you finished it, i'm stuck on the 9th node x.x
  • Options
    My team is lumi 4* lvl 60, JC 5* lvl 60 , Vader 4* lvl 60 , kylo 4* lvl 60 , darth sid 4* lvl 59 , I also have a host of others to throw in after my A team is cooked - my other characters are in the 46-58 lvls and there is about 40 of them , still can't get past node 7 . I would welcome any and all suggestions, I feel like I'm missing something just don't know what I'm doing wrong?
  • Options
    skarroo11 wrote: »
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

@Ivan_Drago Haha at least you finished it, i'm stuck on the 9th node x.x

Not only finished, but also won an excellent and rare shard. An Ugnaught shard. :)
  • Options
    Since when you got this problem ?
    Since the beginning or just some days ago?
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I don't want other people to get rewards. Rewards make them better more quickly. When I can be at #1 and stay there, I progress more quickly than they do, forcing them to spend more money than me to beat me. Eventually they will tire of spending and quit.

Don't forget that there are multiple rewards for various time zones

I try to be #1 for at least the US time zones, but I don't fight too hard for it. I'm not going to use more than 10 tries in a day no matter what, but that's way more than enough on my level 64 server.
  • Options
    Barriss is excellent for GW, try farming her, she's terrible end game in the arena though... Work on getting your healers up in level, stars and gear. Try your best to end a fight with your healing cool downs completely refreshed, retreat battles if you have to.
  • dkredsox
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The mods have been annoying me merging threads of mine as well. Oftentimes they are completely unrelated, and then they don't even notify you they moved them. FashionFett is the only mod I ever get a notification from, apparently the others can't be bothered to take a minute and send a PM...
  • Options
    Since the beginning really, I almost finished once and that's it .
  • Options
    On my main account I have no problems anymore with GW. Level 69 with about 10 awesome toons. It's my 2nd account I started a couple weeks ago that gives me the biggest issues now.

Screenshot_2016-02-08-18-29-48_zps3fzlbxll.png

This account is level 53, with 2 toons that are gear level 7, the rest are 6. You'll notice this is node 5. It's a common occurrence with this account. Yesterday I was able to plow through 2-3 of these before I had to stop 3 nodes from the end. I've only been able to finish about 4 times on this account.