Kallus confirmed!

Replies

• Options
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    What about we all need full Phoenix squadron team to unlock one of them? Are you ready to gear them? :smile:

Biggest troll ever. Release Phoenix to farmable spots. Need Phoenix to unlock Thrawn.
  • Options
    Based on that hologram I'd say that they're adding a Naaru from World of Warcraft. Or maybe I should get up to S3 of Rebels, who knows :3
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Options
    BaalZebul wrote: »
    Who's Callus? Which brings up my follow up question, how could he be a fan favourite?

Same question about Thrawn. I see his name bouncing around this forum but I dont recall him in the movies.
  • Options
    Ailouran wrote: »
    Who's Callus? Which brings up my follow up question, how could he be a fan favourite?

Same question about Thrawn. I see his name bouncing around this forum but I dont recall him in the movies.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Mitth'raw'nuruodo (thrawn) is in Rebels season 3, and starred in one of the best EU book trilogy.
  • Options
    1. There's no reason think this Fulcrum tease has to do with the June fan favorite. So it's irrelevant that Kallus might not count as a fan favorite. I doubt Thrawn would count for that, since most people don't read the books or watch Rebels, so they wouldn't even know who he is. He's awesome, but the June fan favorite will be a movie character. You can be sure of that.

2. Ahsoka isn't in season 3, but they made that comment while it was still season 3. It's season 4 that they're now working on, and they've hinted that she will be in it.

3. They may have intended it to be red to signal Thrawn, but they may well have just chosen that moment as the last one Fulcrum use that method of communication. Or one that they could easily find. They don't always get things perfect in a fine-tuned way, e.g. Gar Saxon's ship. We can't know that it's Thrawn from the fact that it's red.

4. George Lucas confirmed that his conception of balance in the Force is balance between light and dark. He says the Jedi get that wrong. Gray Jedi are closer to how he thinks things ought to be than how the Jedi think things ought to be. Jedi on the edge like Qui-Gon and Quinlan Vos are more balanced, in the view of Lucas. There's a danger to flirting with the dark side, but the Jedi are missing something. That doesn't mean the Sith are equally close to balance. They're not. But a character like Tom Baker's in Rebels is probably closer to Lucas' picture of balance.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    1. There's no reason think this Fulcrum tease has to do with the June fan favorite. So it's irrelevant that Kallus might not count as a fan favorite. I doubt Thrawn would count for that, since most people don't read the books or watch Rebels, so they wouldn't even know who he is. He's awesome, but the June fan favorite will be a movie character. You can be sure of that.

2. Ahsoka isn't in season 3, but they made that comment while it was still season 3. It's season 4 that they're now working on, and they've hinted that she will be in it.

3. They may have intended it to be red to signal Thrawn, but they may well have just chosen that moment as the last one Fulcrum use that method of communication. Or one that they could easily find. They don't always get things perfect in a fine-tuned way, e.g. Gar Saxon's ship. We can't know that it's Thrawn from the fact that it's red.

4. George Lucas confirmed that his conception of balance in the Force is balance between light and dark. He says the Jedi get that wrong. Gray Jedi are closer to how he thinks things ought to be than how the Jedi think things ought to be. Jedi on the edge like Qui-Gon and Quinlan Vos are more balanced, in the view of Lucas. There's a danger to flirting with the dark side, but the Jedi are missing something. That doesn't mean the Sith are equally close to balance. They're not. But a character like Tom Baker's in Rebels is probably closer to Lucas' picture of balance.

The Bendu is Balance. The story of the force is growing more complex and we are learning that the true nature of the force isn't as easy as Light vs. Dark, or Jedi vs. Sith. The sequel trilogy is exploring this more. Snoke and Kylo are dark side force users, TLJ sneak peek has Luke saying it's time for the jedi, to end. Rey saying Light, Dark, The Balance. We are going to get the grown up version and the true nature of the force in this trilogy.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Nice, his zeta unique is at datamine: at the start of each encounter, baze and chirrut have 50% less damage for 3 turns :D

Really hope for a very strong empire toon, because Veers and troopers are too weak against rebels.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Nice, his zeta unique is at datamine: at the start of each encounter, baze and chirrut have 50% less damage for 3 turns :D

Really hope for a very strong empire toon, because Veers and troopers are too weak against rebels.

50% less damage? How about, do 50% less damage are immune to healing while Kallus (but really it's Thrawn) is active. That would almost bring them in line with the rest of the characters.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Ummm... And what about Grey Jedi/Rebel Ahsoka? She also was Fulcrum

There are NO GREY JEDI, that's the dumbest theory ever!

Man, you should really play KOTOR 2. It really worth it.
    Kreya is grey jedi. Never saw anything more persuasive.

All this 'evil' in nature sith or ****-proud jedis really look ridiculous.

I played KOTOR 2, that's why I can properly spell Kreia's name. She was a Jedi, then she became a Sith, then she became anti-Force. Never she was even close to the non-canon description of Grey Jedi.
    Honestly I'm surprised you didn't bring up Jolee, whom more ppl consider Grey Jedi, why I do not know, since he was always Light Side himself. There is Light and there is Dark. Star Wars is built on this dichotomy, good vs evil. There is no middle ground, that would destroy the whole thing we love.

But Anakin brought balance to the force by destroying the Jedi and the Sith. The Jedi understanding of the prophecy was skewed.

If the Chosen One was meant to bring balance to the force and he did so by getting rid of the extremes, then isn't the middle ground the only viable destination?

In a movie called Return of the Jedi. Now Disney is making a movie called the last jedi... Honeslty I'm starting to like the prequels more than this new trilogy, at least they made sense and were original
  • Metroplex79
    835 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If it's Thrawn, I wonder if he's also going to be "anti-Jedi" with a ysalamiri, so that he's immune to all the Force pushes and smackdowns that don't involve a Lightsaber?

He's "existed" since 1994 from the old EU books, and now Rebels. Kallus is brand new for Rebels.

Original toy:
    rebelscum.com/POTF2EUthrawn.asp
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

50% less damage? How about, do 50% less damage are immune to healing while Kallus (but really it's Thrawn) is active. That would almost bring them in line with the rest of the characters.

Healing immunity seems interesting. But whatever is a decent counter against them, because they are the oldest meta in this game so far and it's already annoying.

By the way, please CG make him fast!!!! Don't add another empire toon with 110/120 speed, he's weak right at the start, must be 140/150 at least.
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Healing immunity seems interesting. But whatever is a decent counter against them, because they are the oldest meta in this game so far and it's already annoying.

By the way, please CG make him fast!!!! Don't add another empire toon with 110/120 speed, he's weak right at the start, must be 140/150 at least.

id disagree and say rex is the oldest meta in this game....and rey is op
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    @c3pe0n agree about Rex, but he was sitting on the bench for a while, until people found out again he is good against maul meta. On other hand he's farmable, not chaze that is not (considering hard node / ship shipments is ridiculous).

And yes, please nerf Rey!!! :p
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    It baffles me that people can't understand that Thrawn is a fan favorite.

Roughly 5 years ago, Thrawn was ostracized from Star Wars cannon. Any Star Wars fan who read the books, was peeved to learn he was no longer part of the lore. Pablo and Disney understood the frustration and eventually revived him. This revival sure the heck didn't occur just because. It happened because there are plenty of Star Wars fans outside of the movies. It was a group effort to get him back.

I hope it's thrawn. I also recommend any Star Wars fan who haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy and recent Thrawn novel to do so. They are good books.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Roughly 5 years ago, Thrawn was ostracized from Star Wars cannon. Any Star Wars fan who read the books, was peeved to learn he was no longer part of the lore. Pablo and Disney understood the frustration and eventually revived him. This revival sure the heck didn't occur just because. It happened because there are plenty of Star Wars fans outside of the movies. It was a group effort to get him back.

I hope it's thrawn. I also recommend any Star Wars fan who haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy and recent Thrawn novel to do so. They are good books.

New one is great. Just started the trilogy now.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn was ostracized from Star Wars cannon. [only] Star Wars fan who read the books. ... eventually revived him. Star Wars fans outside of the movies.

Star Wars fan who haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy and recent Thrawn novel .

I've altered your quote to respond to the first sentence. the only addition was the bracketed "only" - for emphasis.

I think understand full well why people can't understand Thrawn as a favorite - as you basically gave all the reasons, even if you don't like them or think they should be the case.

Honestly, I don't consider Thrawn a "fan favorite" - I consider him a "Star Wars Nerd favorite" - and I don't mean that in a derogatory way - just saying that your "average" Star Wars fan (even people who consider themselves Star Wars fans) - couldn't tell you more about Thrawn than that he is Empire and has blue skin.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Thrawn was ostracized from Star Wars cannon. [only] Star Wars fan who read the books. ... eventually revived him. Star Wars fans outside of the movies.

I've altered your quote to respond to the first sentence. the only addition was the bracketed "only" - for emphasis.

I think understand full well why people can't understand Thrawn as a favorite - as you basically gave all the reasons, even if you don't like them or think they should be the case.

Honestly, I don't consider Thrawn a "fan favorite" - I consider him a "Star Wars Nerd favorite" - and I don't mean that in a derogatory way - just saying that your "average" Star Wars fan (even people who consider themselves Star Wars fans) - couldn't tell you more about Thrawn than that he is Empire and has blue skin.
    Hmmmm....would it be appropriate to coin the term to "Dark Times Star Wars Fan"? To denote the period between 1983 to Special Edition.

During that time, no widespread media was available, and fans that stayed post-1983, took all that was given...books, comics, and video games.

• c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Options

I completely agree with you...i am a mere average star wars fan but since this game have becoming more and more star wars nerd. That being said i think the real question is how EA/CG define "fan favorite." If they are looking at the general fan base then no, probably not a fan favorite, because as you said, many know little about Mitth'raw'nuruodo.

However if they base their "fan favorite" decisions off this forum...Than he is absolutely a fan favorite. Rivaled only really by Jedi Luke, Jango, and Revan as far as new toon requests. and maybe bossk...
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

See, you did what I tried to dodge. I didn't want to call out movie only Star Wars fans vs "Star Wars nerd favorite." I don't want there to be this division.

What I was alluding to was, thrawn was removed from Star Wars altogether. If he wasn't a favorite, he wouldn't have been resurrected. That speaks volumes by itself.
  • Sloa
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling it's going to be Ahsoka. I wouldn't complain tho if it were Thrawn
  • Options
    What about we all need full Phoenix squadron team to unlock one of them? Are you ready to gear them? :smile:

Done already. Gear 8 lvl 70 and slightly modded
  • Options

This is almost a guarantee. And I am SOOOOO not ready for it.
  • Daemoe
    40 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Saying that Thrawn is not a fan favorite is simply not true.
    Fans loves Thrawn. He is one of Star Wars most beloved villains. He helped Star Wars in the early '90, when the brand was in bad shape.
    Last year, during the Star Wars Celebration, Thrawn was announced as canon and the crowd went immediately insane. I know because I was there.
    And, by the way, the new book by Timothy Zahn is very good.
    I really hope that the new character is Grand Admiral Thrawn.
  • Options
    If it's Thrawn, I wonder if he's also going to be "anti-Jedi" with a ysalamiri, so that he's immune to all the Force pushes and smackdowns that don't involve a Lightsaber?

He's "existed" since 1994 from the old EU books, and now Rebels. Kallus is brand new for Rebels.

Original toy:
    rebelscum.com/POTF2EUthrawn.asp

I doubt he will have ysalamiri since that was from Zahn's trilogy, which was ostracized from the canon.
  • Options
    If it were to be Adult Ahsoka...would she be tagged Jedi?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    GreenBoldt wrote: »
    If it were to be Adult Ahsoka...would she be tagged Jedi?

Nope. Judging by their Asajj logic... When Ahsoka left the temple at the end of Clones, she said she wasn't a Jedi any longer, so she wouldn't be tagged as a Jedi in the Rebels timeline.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Thrawn a fan favorite? many ppl (aka Star Wars fans) dont even know this guy ... how can you call him a fan favorite ... how many merchandising products with him on it do exist? Compared to other fan favorites like General Kenobi, Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, blah, ...

Depends on how loosely you define a "fan" here. If you are talking about the "fans" that have watched all the movies, well.. that kind of fan has seen many movies, they are fans of many things. I'd define a Star Wars fan as one seeing the movies, and maybe just as far as seeing the tv show then too. In that case, you'd know of Thrawn and see him as a favorite. But if you're a big fan, you've read as many books as you could, then you've definitely heard of Thrawn and are a big fan of that genius.
  • Reven85
    46 posts Member
    Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Doubt it is Kallus. He is definitely not the fan-favorite. Though Thrawn was long before Rebels, as he was absolutely awesome in the books

I sort of Hope they expand on more Chiss into the new Canon.

So far we only have a few canonical members all un named

Given the end of the Thrawn book, no spoilers, I have a feeling we're going to get some more Chiss

I think n were going to get his aide, his ship and him
  • Options
    I doubt he will have ysalamiri since that was from Zahn's trilogy, which was ostracized from the canon.
    Winstar wrote: »
    tumblr_oair5lQEpK1rlheeoo1_400.gif
    Is that a vornskr or ysalamiri behind Thrawn?

• Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    Thrawn a fan favorite? many ppl (aka Star Wars fans) dont even know this guy ... how can you call him a fan favorite ... how many merchandising products with him on it do exist? Compared to other fan favorites like General Kenobi, Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, blah, ...

Depends on how loosely you define a "fan" here. If you are talking about the "fans" that have watched all the movies, well.. that kind of fan has seen many movies, they are fans of many things. I'd define a Star Wars fan as one seeing the movies, and maybe just as far as seeing the tv show then too. In that case, you'd know of Thrawn and see him as a favorite. But if you're a big fan, you've read as many books as you could, then you've definitely heard of Thrawn and are a big fan of that genius.

Reading the books is such a great way to get to know the characters better. You get to see what they are thinking and feeling, to understand what motivates them to do what you see them do on the big screen where they only have time for minimal explanation.

Unless you read The Force Awakens. Very little enlightenment there at all. A single line here or there to "explain" how Rey could possibly fly the Falcon through the superstructure of a crashed Star Destroyer the very first time she fired it up ... sorry, not enough. Really, you are not missing anything if you haven't read that novel.