Galactic War Report – New Character Unveiled!

Replies

• Options
    Pandiano wrote: »
    Wow, this thread becomes a pain in the **** to read.

Wild assumptions of who has and has not to be any- and everyones favorite character and/or medium. My impression is that most posters have a very limited perspective on the franchise and hate everything, that they have no knowledge of.
    Reading books ist good for you. And I does indeed not hurt to pull ones head out of the own rear and realize that something is not only for kids, just because it is animated.

I read the Thrawn books and many others. I love the Rebels series and the Phoenix Squad and will use them ingame as I did for the last weeks successfully each day in GW with not having one not completed till then. Oh and I am 35 and my boy is still too young to watch SW with me.

Yes, I hoped for Thrawn, my favorite character. Or for Callus. But I'll get another of my well liked characters.

Everyone has their favorite, so let them be. And I think pointing those things out like:

- too many Rebels
    - too many unused factions
    - lack of gungan faction (this is the point where you lose your temper ;-))
    - hard meta that is not diverse and can be boiled down to 3-5 characters
    - to few rock/paper/turbolaser interactions

in a constructive and persistant way is endlessly more useful and mature than whining and spitting like a defiant five year old.

Can we do that? Or at least try? Pretty please?

This is peoples frustration speaking now. It would be great if disappointed, upset and angry people could be calm and composed. It would be better if there were no conflicts and wars in the real world. But sadly it doesn't work like that. You can be ignored,lied and disrespected so much until you reach a boiling point. To some this was the tipping point.

And also, yeah everybody has their favorites, and rebel fans got them 28 times already. They are the meta since August 2016. When will it be other faction turns?
  • Options
    Adult Snips. Thank you.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Ahsoka was great in rebels. That being said why are you wasting everyone's time CG/EA? Feels like a gut punch not releasing Thrawn after that teaser you released.
  • Options
    @Pandiano I super love that was your first post.

Thank you! I just find it somewhat sad and a little bizarre that there is an overarching thing that we all love - sometimes all of it, sometimes only parts - and yet we **** at each other over it. No one said that the game has no potential to improve and it certainly has things that have to be adressed, but I think positivity is a better way to change things.
  • starplatinum
    175 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First, I am glad with all the reworks for the empire (including tarkin) which make useless toons into viable ones.
    Now, I do like TCW and ahsoka but with the transmission hint, clearly referring to thrawn, and the empire month advertising, i feel the whole thing with another rebel is like a sick joke...
    Post edited by starplatinum on
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ohhhh she's imune to dots, I'm so happy that I gave my last zeta to nihilus unique yesterday and now he's useless!!!

Great move CG, congrats!!!
  • Options
    Soooooo during the "empire pass", the most powerful characters released/reworked are rebels... go figure.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    We can cry that it wasnt a better character? I cant remember anyone begging for another version of her.
  • Options
    Pandiano wrote: »
    Wow, this thread becomes a pain in the **** to read.

Wild assumptions of who has and has not to be any- and everyones favorite character and/or medium. My impression is that most posters have a very limited perspective on the franchise and hate everything, that they have no knowledge of.
    Reading books ist good for you. And I does indeed not hurt to pull ones head out of the own rear and realize that something is not only for kids, just because it is animated.

I read the Thrawn books and many others. I love the Rebels series and the Phoenix Squad and will use them ingame as I did for the last weeks successfully each day in GW with not having one not completed till then. Oh and I am 35 and my boy is still too young to watch SW with me.

Yes, I hoped for Thrawn, my favorite character. Or for Callus. But I'll get another of my well liked characters.

Everyone has their favorite, so let them be. And I think pointing those things out like:

- too many Rebels
    - too many unused factions
    - lack of gungan faction (this is the point where you lose your temper ;-))
    - hard meta that is not diverse and can be boiled down to 3-5 characters
    - to few rock/paper/turbolaser interactions

in a constructive and persistant way is endlessly more useful and mature than whining and spitting like a defiant five year old.

Can we do that? Or at least try? Pretty please?

This is peoples frustration speaking now. It would be great if disappointed, upset and angry people could be calm and composed. It would be better if there were no conflicts and wars in the real world. But sadly it doesn't work like that. You can be ignored,lied and disrespected so much until you reach a boiling point. To some this was the tipping point.

And also, yeah everybody has their favorites, and rebel fans got them 28 times already. They are the meta since August 2016. When will it be other faction turns?

Yeah, of course I get that. And I absolutely agree with you!
    I'd just wish more for a stern lecturing yoda, than a rampaging rancor. :-)
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Ohhhh she's imune to dots, I'm so happy that I gave my last zeta to nihilus unique yesterday and now he's useless!!!

Great move CG, congrats!!!

Well nihlius zeta gives health down not dots soooooooooo yeah.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Did I miss something? How do we know it's a new Ahsoka?
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    jesus ****, can you people not spell her name right? Is everyone dyslexic when it comes to aHSoka?
    oh wow... c hrist is censored. simply amazing.
  • Options
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

Unlikely.
    jarael wrote: »
    i love ashoka so i'm really excited about this. also we don't know how much damage that attack does, she could hit like barris (and 11 times barris = 1 rey)
    smninja73 wrote: »
    I just want to see the opinions on her and her ability that can let her ATTACK UP TO 11 TIMES

You are not listening carefully. She consumes all buffs on her and for each one she attacks, BUT those buffs MUST be different. So if she consumes 7 HoTs, she will only have 1 bonus attack. She needs to consume Tenacity up, HoTs, Crit up, Offense up for 4 bonus attacks, If she has 1 more buff, it will give her 5 attacks and so on.

Aren't unique buffs the one that only some characters have, like Boba's Bounty Resolve? It doesn't specify if the buffs must be different.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    Options
    jesus ****, can you people not spell her name right? Is everyone dyslexic when it comes to aHSoka?

Just for your information, my phone auto corrected her name for me. I'm perfectly capable of spelling Ahsoka (had to retype).
  • Options
    This game has a major rebel Bias. The only really game changing Empire toon to be release, or reworked has been Palpatine. And let's be honest you needed rebels to get him. Since then the Empire has been given Nothing to be competitive. The rebels got the Wiggs Combo. The Rogue One came out and they got Chaze. Baze had time in Shard shop, and was given the easiest of the LS 9 hard nodes. Krennic and Shore got the hardest nodes in the game on the Light Side. They release R2, great toon, plays in top 10 arena day 1. Empire reworks have been nothing close to a wiggs or a chaze.

Let's face it. They pretend they are going to make the empire have some use, and they never actually do it.
    The empire faction has had 2 passes now, and not once has their been anything game changing. Everytime they release a rebel, it's game changing.

Let's not even talk about Tenacity up Debuff Immunity.
  • Options
    Danubiss wrote: »
    Did I miss something? How do we know it's a new Ashoka?

It was on my podcast, Galactic War Report. There's a pinned message in the this forum.
    Khayman wrote: »
    We can cry that it wasnt a better character? I cant remember anyone begging for another version of her.

Begging? No...but I was hoping. Snips rulez
    Xylo_Phona wrote: »
    I'm curious what the event will be...what toons wil we need and what toons do we fight against to unlock her? The podcast doesn't really go into the specifics of that.

We know it is a Marquee Event (like the Sith, Pheonix, etc.), but they wouldn't reveal when it was happening.
  • Options
    Syrath wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Oh noooooooo another rebel again!?!?!?! :s

What are u doing CG!?!

I was hoping the Reddit postwas from
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    slamaMC wrote: »
    totalkow wrote: »
    What kind of event ?

Almost certainly a similar event to what CG has been doing for every new toon besides R2. Fight some easy battles, unlock at 3 stars then have an option to buy packs.

Yep. So Ahsoka will be right with the Phoenix squad....at 3*, level 1 and no gear at the bottom of most rosters. Lol.

You can add R2 in that list for me. I know that he has other uses in other formation but I refuse to farm, gear or level up any other rebel I will receive in the game including any future rebel Luke.

How cares what you do?
    And thrawn is not a fan fav...
    Can't care less about something in an book..

This is the same silliness as "can't care less about something in a cartoon".

This. Not everyone read book, not everyone watch cartoon show, bit everyone watch the movie. If you call something a fan fav it most be from the movie.

that is such an ignorant statement. only watching the movies means you are a part-timer fan. you dont gush over new things brought into canon. you dont wait watch youtube videos after youtube videos to break down trailers, shows, books ect. you like the movies and thats fine. but real diehard fans love the whole universe and cant get enough. it isnt your place to say what is and isnt a fan favorite. ahsoka and thrawn are easily 2 of the top 10 if not top 5 characters for most real fans.

The problem is what you are saying is subjective, the only thing I can think of where hard core fans voted in "official" polls is for Hasbro fan favorites for their Black Series the last couple years. 1st year Revan won hands down, last year Jana Solo won with Darth Talon close behind.

Is there any official medium to support Ashoka as a "real fans" top 5? I don't hate Ashoka but hyping a fan favorite and using misleading hints then dropping a 2nd Ashoka, a them during an Emp faction pass and claiming fan favorite feels misleading and a bit dirty.

Side rant, EU characters are widely popular despite Disney not grasping that and the Disney ignoring Jedi VS Sith are what make the Star Wars universe unique and stoked the love for SW at a young age, so they make stand alone nonjedi Sith movies. Great plan recast an iconic character who has no need to be of ignoring Jedi and Sith.

Disney doesn't do a good job making likeable Star Wars characters IMO either which is going to cost the new trilogy dearly. Gonna have to ride the coattails of the old guys
  • Options
    Disney doesn't do a good job making likeable Star Wars characters IMO either which is going to cost the new trilogy dearly. Gonna have to ride the coattails of the old guys

People do hate BB8 something fierce.
  • Options

Oddly enough bb8 might be my favorite TFA character lol
  • Options

dd0.gif
  • Options

dd0.gif

Well I was referring to my adamant hatred of all things light side and TFA in general
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, adult ahsoka also is NOT a fan favorite. None of the ahsokas are. Nobody from SW rebels is except thrawn and he is because of EU, not because of the show.

I believe your statement is biased. Ahsoka is very much a fan favorite and maybe moreso than Thrawn. Many younger fans never read the EU books and only know the movies, the clone war series, and rebels.
    If you ask most fans under 20, they would only know Thrawn from the most recent season of Rebels.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i feel like @Han_Brolo81 has a few remarks he would like to share, i could be wrong though. xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Han_Brolo81
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Just to clarify, adult ahsoka also is NOT a fan favorite. None of the ahsokas are. Nobody from SW rebels is except thrawn and he is because of EU, not because of the show.

I believe your statement is biased. Ahsoka is very much a fan favorite and maybe moreso than Thrawn. Many younger fans never read the EU books and only know the movies, the clone war series, and rebels.
    If you ask most fans under 20, they would only know Thrawn from the most recent season of Rebels.

Thrawn has been credited with saving Star Wars from a state of declining interest, nobody will EVER say that about Ahsoka

Edit: looking back I think the word "saving" is a tad bit of an overstatement but you get the point.
  • Options
    The Ahsoka character is amazing, but you have to get off your cartoon prejudice to see it. Love this addition. Tell the team thanks @CG_Kozispoon
    Ooba hutar.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i feel like @Han_Brolo81 has a few remarks he would like to share, i could be wrong though. xD

I have the day off and nobody is free, I'm not sure what to do with myself xD
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    she will have an special attack that can hit up to 11 times!!!!!!!!!! (up to 10 addition attacks based on unique buffs)

These go to 11

@Wilhelm44Scream why not give her ten hits and make the ten hits more powerful?

But...this one goes to 11...

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • CoMiGa
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Thrawn has been credited with saving Star Wars from a state of declining interest, nobody will EVER say that about Ahsoka

Edit: looking back I think the word "saving" is a tad bit of an overstatement but you get the point.

The Zahn novels maybe, not Thrawn the character. Ahsoka is incredibly popular way more so than Thrawn ever was, but it is impossible to prove one way or another.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Umm, when is the EMPIRE pass starting? Got some nice rebels, but I don't see any empire. empire? empire? bueller?
  • Options
    For those of you who spend hundreds of dollars on this game, I believe you have a right to complain and should get more of a say in what the developers create. But for those of us like myself who are F2P (if any of you are), I don't believe we have anything to complain about.

In the game-makers' defense, I don't believe they are just randomly throwing characters out there. I'm sure, since they are the developers and want to see the success of this game (as their jobs depend on it), they have a rhyme and reason for every update and addition.

And don't give up hope on Thrawn just yet!