Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    Ha ha ha. How about when people buy your mk4 stun guns instead of mk5 in the shop by mistake? Why don't you goddamn change that? Oh what's that? Because it's a deliberate bear trap? Yeah, you don't need to say it.

The rep laughed at me when I asked customer service for a trade back on one of these mistake buys
  • Eglend
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Eglend wrote: »
    Broulan wrote: »
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.
    Not every guild is clearing haat and has 50 members holding multiple zetas. This is a zeta free way to help lower guilds in the same way zylo would.

Not every guild is supposed to be clearing the HAAT without strong rosters. It takes time. Everyone will get there eventually. Just not with Nute. Lol

It's been out for a long time. At this point the rancor raid could be soloed by teebo teams, so I fail to see why they should address this. It would be a good thing to let weaker guilds start clearing haat since it isn't anything close to new content.

Because you had to actually play the game to Solo with Teebo.

And you don't see the difference between doing big damage in one phase vs soloing the entire raid? *shrug*
  • Options
    This game works because so many people are prepared to spend money on it and/or time grinding. If you take away the need for that, its popularity and profitability naturally declines.

No matter what you think personally about nerfing , this is the right decision from the devs perspective
  • Options
    #prayforlugo
  • Options
    Anakin1125 wrote: »
    Only the strongest guilds should get HAAT rewards!! .... all those little guilds they don't need rewards or kenobi shards. Anything that works for them should be nerfed immediately. This is getting really bad. Does anyone test these characters before they are released?

We all know that's not how they're thinking. They need us as players actually playing the game. They can't have the biggest time sink in the game being put on auto.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Not only that but someone had to come into work on a Sunday to address this yet everyone asks for dev input on other things and radio silence. P2 is hard, many of us guilds that are on our own (read: haven't joined a multi-guild) do strive to beat the hAAT, ways are found and we use them. Guess what, first team to beat the raid was a conglomerate that sent there top 50 members under CG guidance to win. At least be honest and state that you're gonna look in to things as this means less people need to spend money. A normal f2p guild with 50 to 75% active members cannot win without tactics, we're all busting our buttowskis to strive our way through. Nerfing a clever comp because you didn't realize it's a problem is a cheap way out. How about you just leave the gaps now and design a better third raid with less holes?

tumblr_n1uazgR1JJ1qln00mo1_500.gif

• tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    This game works because so many people are prepared to spend money on it and/or time grinding. If you take away the need for that, its popularity and profitability naturally declines.

No matter what you think personally about nerfing , this is the right decision from the devs perspective

Then Zylo should follow suit
  • Options
    I think that Nute and the Jawa team should be left alone. I never used those other Jawa and it would have been nice to try them out.
  • Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Broulan wrote: »
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.
    Not every guild is clearing haat and has 50 members holding multiple zetas. This is a zeta free way to help lower guilds in the same way zylo would.

Not every guild is supposed to be clearing the HAAT without strong rosters. It takes time. Everyone will get there eventually. Just not with Nute. Lol

Indeed, but this begs the question: is one toon (zylo) a guild with strong rosters? Not at all. I put my first zeta on him because after taking 7 months off (had to, work) I'm not arena competitive, so my next zeta will be zody to get that team up too. Focusing on pve is how some of us play the game as we can't afford or are too far behind to do both. So what do you suggest? Should I be required to pay to be competitive, should I get a pass and get to an easier shard, or are you saying that after nearly a year after returning to the game I should still not be able to play the haat raid?

I am sure a large number of guilds could not clear haat without zylo, chirpatine, and zody as well...
  • Options
    I am just sick of all you whiny people... that team was a **** joke. It would literally break the game... and comparing Clones to it? Are you freaking serious?? Clearly none of you have farmed and geared Clones

Yes! It took me 3 months to get a clone team scoring 7 million in phase 4. I'm so glad they're addressing this.

Meanwhile. This team took me 10 minutes to assemble this morning. http://imgur.com/a/vrdz3

Exactly, so the people in this thread would just tell you that you are an **** for spending that time doing that.

"Ands that is just too bad for you.. now everyone can do 7 million damage, lol at the people who actually worked at it, its your fault for spending .. etc.."

Complete garbage. It's like everyone thinks they are entitled to the same as the people who spend... well guess what... they are not. No participation trophies

I've noticed a trend though. Most of the people that are upset about the nerf joined a couple of months ago. That alone sums up the entire situation, and why EA is fixing it.

My favorite arguments are from the people that are comparing Nute's team to Chirpantine. Those are the 'tokens' on this forum.
  • volitan
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Not only that but someone had to come into work on a Sunday to address this yet everyone asks for dev input on other things and radio silence. P2 is hard, many of us guilds that are on our own (read: haven't joined a multi-guild) do strive to beat the hAAT, ways are found and we use them. Guess what, first team to beat the raid was a conglomerate that sent there top 50 members under CG guidance to win. At least be honest and state that you're gonna look in to things as this means less people need to spend money. A normal f2p guild with 50 to 75% active members cannot win without tactics, we're all busting our buttowskis to strive our way through. Nerfing a clever comp because you didn't realize it's a problem is a cheap way out. How about you just leave the gaps now and design a better third raid with less holes?

All of this!

• nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Only the strongest guilds should get HAAT rewards!! .... all those little guilds they don't need rewards or kenobi shards. Anything that works for them should be nerfed immediately. This is getting really bad. Does anyone test these characters before they are released?

So punish those who figured out a poor man's squad to manage damage that only the top dog squads can do? This isn't a "shame on you" to the player who figured it out. I'd say shame on you to the employee who totally failed their job testing these characters.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Just as the title suggests, this is aimed at the developers and this thread will most likely get taken down but it still needs to be said. Why is this Nute Jawa squad getting "fixed" this quickly when all of those abilities have been in the game for months. We all know it's a nerf at this point and there is absolutely no reason to nerf them. The mechanic isn't breaking anything, it's WAI based on what the description says it will do, and you are being petty because somebody yesterday figured out a way to use the mechanics you made for this game to play the game. Somebody figured out that Nute can make Jawas deal a lot of damage to only half of the Tank Raid, and they are already being nerfed because you failed to stress test every character in this game in every part of this game. This is unwarranted and unprecedented. There is no reason to do so and we all know it. If you are nerfing Nute and the Jawas then you better nerf Teebo in the Rancor Raid. You better nerf Zylo in the tank raid and you better start nerfing these squads the can solo entire phases of both raids because it is unfair to nerf one and none of the others. This "unintended behavior" is also applicable to so many other squads so you've got a lot of nerve to pull this so fast. At least you didn't wait until people farmed them up to nerf them, so thank you for that at least. Get to nerfing guys.

You can put the games key game mode on auto and solo it, of course they were not going to let that fly.

For 2 out of 4 of the raid phases and even then you have to rely on RNG to get results. Plus to top it all off, nothing about what they could do was broken or mislabeled like Zarris and Zader, it was WAI but the devs didn't like how well it was working so they decided to nerf the already terrible toon back into the graveyard.

This. The issue here is it's like throwing a kid a hundred LEGO bricks and then getting **** when he builds a way out of his play pen. The toons have hundreds of interlocking combinations. If the point is they should only be used in a fixed manner then that makes everything pointless, everything is potentially an unintended thing should the devs consider it so.

Yes, bugs should be fixed. Zader stacking TM is a bug and should have been fixed. Teebos TM Down was not a bug and was left alone. Now we have Toons that do exactly what their abilities were meant to do and because someone put those bricks together in a certain way Lord Business has to come out and Kragle things.
  • Options
    Ha ha ha. How about when people buy your mk4 stun guns instead of mk5 in the shop by mistake? Why don't you goddamn change that? Oh what's that? Because it's a deliberate bear trap? Yeah, you don't need to say it.

The rep laughed at me when I asked customer service for a trade back on one of these mistake buys

That's terrible, but it doesn't shock me at all which is the worst part about it.
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Options
    +10000000000 a rework is definitely worth it. Rather than a straight nerf in this case. Rebuild him from the ground up. Don't punish us because someone figured out a way to exploit the game mechanics you built in to this. I posted earlier speculating that this wouldn't get nerfed because it is exactly as described in the text of each of the skills. It's infuriating to see "oh, well, we didn't ever see this coming so we will be addressing this" meanwhile, TFP basic is still bugged. Plenty of other issues to address, could give more communication on basically everything else. And this. It's kind of insulting to the player base. I understand the implication of the composition and how it definitely wasn't what they intended. But was I intended to solo the rancor with Teebo, jynn, QGJ, Rex, and dengar? Probably not. Same with zylo in P1. Didn't see that one coming either. This is super frustrating. And what of the people that just invested in these toons with saved up resources? What will be done for them?
  • Options
    I think EA should give us our Zader Zeta back before nerfing anyone else
  • Options
    Firstly I think it's important to keep in mind what the stated challenge of the raid is:
    To work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes.

Our guild just finished HAAT for the first time this week (without Nutini) and the experience was definitely that we had to work together. I spent a few hours reviewing mods for all our clone teams and making suggestions because I knew it wasn't something I could do alone, so I think that the feeling has been captured.

So why not nerf zKylo too? I have a few hypotheses:
    • Kylo needs his zeta, so it's more of an investment than three gear 8 characters.
    • One person running Kylo still takes a few hours, without auto, to complete the phase. Which is fine if you're doing it once, but you really need a team.
    • (Most Likely) zKylo works in part because the escape is treated as ability, which has its cooldown reset due to his unique. Interestingly, escape is also reset on Lando when he scores two or more crits on his special; fixing this would require rewriting (probably) every event ability. The effort it would require to fix that would be enormous. Fixing Nutini is as simple as changing Nute's leader ability from 50% TM to 45% TM.
  • Options

You could Solo a whole phase of the games key mode with the game on auto. We all know that's not WAI.

So Teebo isn't WAI then? That's been around for about a year now right. He's able to solo **** near the entire raid, and now that Jyn is available, the Rancor Raid is 100% able to be fully autoed. This latest "fix" stopped people from being able to do only 2 of the 4 phases of the raid, and not even the hardest phases of the raid either.

You couldn't put Teebo on auto.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I agree with the decision to address this. I give Lugo props for being creative, but you should not be able to clear entire phases with undergeared/underleveled toons (on auto no less). You should always be rewarded for investing in toons, so I get why many felt cheated by this strategy. Those who are upset are merely angry because they can't take a shortcut to easy rewards that other guilds have worked months to earn.
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jawa Nuts

britney-spears-patrick-spongebob-scream.gif
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    DracuLaura wrote: »

Then Zylo should follow suit

You have to actually play with Zylo. Also for many guilds there's not time to retreat before P1 is over.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    I am just sick of all you whiny people... that team was a **** joke. It would literally break the game... and comparing Clones to it? Are you freaking serious?? Clearly none of you have farmed and geared Clones

Yes! It took me 3 months to get a clone team scoring 7 million in phase 4. I'm so glad they're addressing this.

Meanwhile. This team took me 10 minutes to assemble this morning. http://imgur.com/a/vrdz3

Exactly, so the people in this thread would just tell you that you are an **** for spending that time doing that.

"Ands that is just too bad for you.. now everyone can do 7 million damage, lol at the people who actually worked at it, its your fault for spending .. etc.."

Complete garbage. It's like everyone thinks they are entitled to the same as the people who spend... well guess what... they are not. No participation trophies

I've noticed a trend though. Most of the people that are upset about the nerf joined a couple of months ago. That alone sums up the entire situation, and why EA is fixing it.

My favorite arguments are from the people that are comparing Nute's team to Chirpantine. Those are the 'tokens' on this forum.

How about zylo? One hero for a whole phase.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You guys talk too much
  • Options

This. The issue here is it's like throwing a kid a hundred LEGO bricks and then getting **** when he builds a way out of his play pen. The toons have hundreds of interlocking combinations. If the point is they should only be used in a fixed manner then that makes everything pointless, everything is potentially an unintended thing should the devs consider it so.

Yes, bugs should be fixed. Zader stacking TM is a bug and should have been fixed. Teebos TM Down was not a bug and was left alone. Now we have Toons that do exactly what their abilities were meant to do and because someone put those bricks together in a certain way Lord Business has to come out and Kragle things.

Awesome!
  • Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

So punish those who figured out a poor man's squad to manage damage that only the top dog squads can do? This isn't a "shame on you" to the player who figured it out. I'd say shame on you to the employee who totally failed their job testing these characters.

Being a software tester is not as easy as it sounds.
  • THill80
    95 posts Member
    Options
    When are people going to learn if you find a loophole or a tactical advantage that maybe you shouldn't tell the whole world?
  • Options

You couldn't put Teebo on auto.

What are you going to do if this stays as is? You'll put it on auto and go back to having nothing to play but a few arena battles and Galactic war. Look at the big picture. If you want the game to still exist they have to have is actively playing it.

I still have to worry about the hardest half the raid you ****. How is that so lost with you. This was an option to beat the two easiest phases of the raid. You still have to worry about GG in phase 1, and the army of Droids in phase 3. They changed it for absolutely no reason. And yes Teebo can still auto the Rancor raid, and with Bistan and Jyn the Rancor will never have a turn with Teebo
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    Options
    The Lugo-go-gone :(
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    Options
    They want us buying rebels, why else would they continue to produce OP rebels over and over and over.