Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.

Agree. What's the point in this being a guild raid if it can be done this way. Power creep makes raids way easier to do over time anyway, but neutering a raid with something like this just makes the whole thing pointless.

Give the guy/s who found it a shipping container of crystals, nerf it and then move on.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It hasn't been months. Nute lead was changed from 30% to 50% tm gain at level 8 on 04/25/17.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106764/game-update-4-25-2017#latest

So it hasn't even been 1 month yet.
    Prior to the change this was not possible.

That we know of, it's entirely possible that a similar squad comp could have pulled this off with the prior Nute lead and RNG. People do it with Teebo in the Rancor Raid all the time.

Knowing how this works. There was no setup before the change with nute lead that would have allowed this tm locking to happen. Prior to r2 release, which is when nute lead was changed, there was no way to give stealth to another AoE or multi attacker.
    Leia can stealth herself and with good rng could have gained 100% tm while stealthed but she would then have to use a turn to get back into stealth.
    Datcha and Jawa could be stealthed, Dathca on his own and Jawa by cn and they both have AoE attacks but those AoE are on CD.

There was just no way to use a nute lead prior and tm lock the tank. If there was it would have been used in rancor p2 and p3 long ago, and in the Haat p2 and p4. Change to nute lead is what allowed this to happen.

So in the time that the raid was out, and Nutes leader ability was in the works to be changed, the devs didn't use the changed ability to test it then? I'll accept that maybe it was impossible prior to his change and introduction of R2, but now I'm curious as to how the devs had these toons planned out to be released and changed around the same time and were still oblivious to how this would work in the game. From what you are saying the devs not only knew that this was possible, but also changed Nute to make it the way it was and as soon as the playerbased discovered it, they took it away. I feel like the pig that finally caught the carrot to find out it's just a price or cardboard with crayon on it.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    @JediGhost117 what squad were you referring to? I thought you were talking about the Nute squad.

Nute needs his leader ability maxed. My scab is g8 and Datcha is g10 with their skills maxed. Datcha is modded for 200 speed, crit chance was 44%, then crit damage was 216%. Forget the offense off hand. Scav was modded for what speed I could give him. But I was struggling to get him the crit chance he needed for this. I did get him to 51% but it cost me some speed and crit damage.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    but CG really needs to be held accountable for this precedent they are going to set of changing toons that are WAI just because it hurts the bottom line

And that's the kicker, this is truly a changing the goal posts situation, and when does that happen next? This has been out for a day and it warrants a Sunday night dev post?! We've had major issues that have been ignored for ages, but Nute freaking Gunray needs someone to get out and address this? Sometimes you need to just leave things alone and start designing raid three, because raid two is nearly a year old. Everyone that was gonna whale their way to Kenobi already did, anybody else is doing the actual striving to work together as a guild to get him. Guess how? Zylo, Rebels, clones, Chirpantine and today we got Nute bloody Gunray. Zylo isn't even on the bugs bin as being looked into but someone woke Kozi up late night Sunday to nerf Nute 'Dodgy accent' Gunray.

Well said
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    How is 1 player using 1 character to clear a phase of the Raid meeting the intent of "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."
    Yet this team that can only solo (haven't seen proof that it can solo p2) the final phase, which you have to work together to get there, doesn't meet the intent?

Yeah I don't like the phrasing for the nerf at all. I'm sure most of the forum expected the devs to respond with a nerf or some alteration to prevent the jawa loop. Clones and Zylo aside, Wonder if Resistance is going to get a nerf too since they can dish out huge damage in P2 and P4 since the recent change.
  • Options
    They only make $316,000 a day they can not afford testers

That could pay for 10 testers for a whole year. Lol
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Wait until she's out before you call her OP. Some of us still remember the "nerf phoenix squad" before they came out.

Ehh... have you seen the game play? One shotting baze on an ability with a 3 turn cooldown, immune to DOT, dispel all negative effects on her self each turn, protection up to allies, TM gain, and much more. If this doesn't scream OP I don't know what does.
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Ok guys, after reading nutes description i dont think this team is working as intended, it says the ally will gain 50% tm when stealthed and crit the first time, so the assist shouldnt give tm.
  • Options
    What a trashy thing to do
  • Hepatox
    53 posts Member
    Options
    My Nute was locked with over 330 shards accrued. Because it looked like he finally had a viable use, I unlocked, level 80 and geared him. Maybe I should've waited to see if the nerf bat swung but ffs, it's an intelligent combo using existing skills and abilities. Bravo to the first to do it.

What about Jyn teams that can solo the Rancor raid due to her stun baton? She self increases her potency making it nearly irresistible.

I understand wanting guilds to work together but we then get the contradiction that rewards are graded and competitive. Everyone worked towards the raid tickets, why is their reward proportional to their damage only?

Either way, disappointing and yet another contradiction.
  • Options
    And this is why you don't share these kind of stategies just to get attention. My guildie is not to happy the nerf bat is coming...
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.

Agree. What's the point in this being a guild raid if it can be done this way. Power creep makes raids way easier to do over time anyway, but neutering a raid with something like this just makes the whole thing pointless.

Give the guy/s who found it a shipping container of crystals, nerf it and then move on.

What's the point of this being a guild raid when one person with Zylo, resistance and clones can nearly Solo the entire raid anyways? Or that so many folks can solo the rancor by themselves as well? Even post Zader bug fixing.
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Oh please...sure money can buy the best teams but obviously money doesn't buy brains. It took a very clever and creative gamer to come up with this "trash squad". If you have that much money to throw away, how exactly does this effect YOUR gaming experience? You're still probably getting the best rewards, right? You must be ranking top 5 in arena, right? But this ruffles your feathers because someone got creative and didn't spend a ton of cash on this squad? What exactly does this hurt: your ego?
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    @JediGhost117 what squad were you referring to? I thought you were talking about the Nute squad.

Nute needs his leader ability maxed. My scab is g8 and Datcha is g10 with their skills maxed. Datcha is modded for 200 speed, crit chance was 44%, then crit damage was 216%. Forget the offense off hand. Scav was modded for what speed I could give him. But I was struggling to get him the crit chance he needed for this. I did get him to 51% but it cost me some speed and crit damage.

My apologies, I had you confused with another guy that said he used gear 4 & 5 Jawas. My mistake, sorry. Also congratulations on that. It was very short lived but that's an achievement to be proud of man.
  • Options
    Broulan wrote: »

Not every guild is clearing haat and has 50 members holding multiple zetas. This is a zeta free way to help lower guilds in the same way zylo would.

Not every guild is supposed to be clearing the HAAT without strong rosters. It takes time. Everyone will get there eventually. Just not with Nute. Lol
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    This completely craps on the raid though. I don't care if people who spent all this effort to get clones or resistant are at the top of the guild ranking. I don't want everyone doing 5 mil damage though because they geared up 2 jawas. It's completely not the same.

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    How is 1 player using 1 character to clear a phase of the Raid meeting the intent of "work together as a guild to overcome normally insurmountable foes."
    Yet this team that can only solo (haven't seen proof that it can solo p2) the final phase, which you have to work together to get there, doesn't meet the intent?

Yeah I don't like the phrasing for the nerf at all. I'm sure most of the forum expected the devs to respond with a nerf or some alteration to prevent the jawa loop. Clones and Zylo aside, Wonder if Resistance is going to get a nerf too since they can dish out huge damage in P2 and P4 since the recent change.

It's simple - can you put the game's key feature on auto and Solo it?

If yes it will be nerfed (Nutinni, Broken Zader)

If no, it won't be a priority (Teebo, Clones, Resistance)
  • Options
    Whales complaints = Heard
    F2P complaints = Ignored
    Rage!!!
  • Options
    Only f2p characters.

Exactly, the devs just don't want to admit that.
  • DanielOng
    114 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going full f2p now.

Just when an unused toon finally gets some use, he becomes even more useless.

That's just shameful.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    but CG really needs to be held accountable for this precedent they are going to set of changing toons that are WAI just because it hurts the bottom line

And that's the kicker, this is truly a changing the goal posts situation, and when does that happen next? This has been out for a day and it warrants a Sunday night dev post?! We've had major issues that have been ignored for ages, but Nute freaking Gunray needs someone to get out and address this? Sometimes you need to just leave things alone and start designing raid three, because raid two is nearly a year old. Everyone that was gonna whale their way to Kenobi already did, anybody else is doing the actual striving to work together as a guild to get him. Guess how? Zylo, Rebels, clones, Chirpantine and today we got Nute bloody Gunray. Zylo isn't even on the bugs bin as being looked into but someone woke Kozi up late night Sunday to nerf Nute 'Dodgy accent' Gunray.

Agreed
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    3 people in 1 guild cleared the entire raid, how is this any different? Oh let me guess, because those 3 probably spent thousands of dollars so it's ok if 3 people want to carry 47 others through the raid because that is "working as a guild"? Don't get me wrong I don't have this set up bit there's way more important issues to fix in the game. It only took them what 6 months to fix the Vader bug, and that would let 1 person solo an entire raid on auto. It's ridiculous imo that they are so concerned that someone found a better way to beat the raid. I say props to them for doing it!
  • Spardog713
    215 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am just sick of all you whiny people... that team was a **** joke. It would literally break the game... and comparing Clones to it? Are you freaking serious?? Clearly none of you have farmed and geared Clones

Yes! It took me 3 months to get a clone team scoring 7 million in phase 4. I'm so glad they're addressing this.

Meanwhile. This team took me 10 minutes to assemble this morning. http://imgur.com/a/vrdz3

Exactly, so the people in this thread would just tell you that you are bad for spending that time doing that.

"Ands that is just too bad for you.. now everyone can do 7 million damage, lol at the people who actually worked at it, its your fault for spending .. etc.."

Complete garbage. It's like everyone thinks they are entitled to the same as the people who spend... well guess what... they are not. No participation trophies
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Oh please...sure money can buy the best teams but obviously money doesn't buy brains. It took a very clever and creative gamer to come up with this "trash squad". If you have that much money to throw away, how exactly does this effect YOUR gaming experience? You're still probably getting the best rewards, right? You must be ranking top 5 in arena, right? But this ruffles your feathers because someone got creative and didn't spend a ton of cash on this squad? What exactly does this hurt: your ego?

It's all they have left
  • Options

Not every guild is clearing haat and has 50 members holding multiple zetas. This is a zeta free way to help lower guilds in the same way zylo would.

If you can put the games key game mode on auto and beat it, that's going to be fixed, as it should.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    DanielOng wrote: »
    I'm going full f2p now.

That's just shameful.

I'm in the same boat and I bet many small spenders are as well.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

It's simple - can you put the game's key feature on auto and Solo it?

If yes it will be nerfed (Nutinni, Broken Zader)

If no, it won't be a priority (Teebo, Clones, Resistance)

Oh, is that the litmus test?
  • Options
    Ha ha ha. How about when people buy your mk4 stun guns instead of mk5 in the shop by mistake? Why don't you goddamn change that? Oh what's that? Because it's a deliberate bear trap? Yeah, you don't need to say it.
  • Options
    DanielOng wrote: »
    I'm going full f2p now.

That's just shameful.

I'm in the same boat and I bet many small spenders are as well.

I stopped playing as religiously as I used to recently, but with this I'll come back for Snipps and to gear my squad with her, but after that I don't even know anymore how much longer I will still play. This is ridiculous even for EA.
  • Options
    Wow have the fourms gone crazy over nute. I thought it was really cool. But that dev response was super fast. The fastest I've every seen... personally idc either way. But with this and the recent chaze and gk complaints. And even the gear crunch. The community as a whole is mad about alot of things (empire pass, zmaul nerf, triple cleanse, chaze, no GG rework, more rebels, gear crunch, lack of farming ships, stale arena, boring raids, etc.) how can we fix this how can we balance this how can we make everyone happy? Free 7 star Luke just like r2 require sith. Release new game mode with revan as the prize and boom we will calm ourselves and trust you again....as I said before I don't really care I'm a droid guy waiting for my pass one day haha