Nute Nuances Megathread (All things Nute)

Replies

• Options
    +1

I am very happy with the quick response.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    DarthSalsa wrote: »
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

If you can Solo something on auto they'll nerf it.

Also let's not make a false equivalency here. A full clone team that all have to be Gear 11 + a Zeta and baller mods to Solo something is hardly comparable to 3 toons one that's can be in blue gear putting the game on auto.

I agree the Lugo needs a change, but to act like it's ok for the devs to "fix" something that isn't technically broken, and was discovered for only 2 days before a dev says Nerf incoming on a Sunday is wrong.

There's a lot of actual bugs and not WAI behavior in the game, but how this gets to top of the devs priority list shows their true colors and I think the forums have a solid cause for frustration

You can finish and entire phase with 3 toons portly geared on auto. I would concur that this is a critically broken feature.

And yes in software development if a critical feature is materially broken it moves to the top of the list.

Zylo?! Hello?!

Better "fix" lugo

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Lugo wrote: »
    I'm quite sure their intent of The Pit wasn't for a 1 man solo either, but apparently they don't care about that anymore.

Also let's not make a false equivalency here. A full clone team that all have to be Gear 11 + a Zeta and baller mods to Solo something is hardly comparable to 3 toons one that's can be in blue gear putting the game on auto.

I agree the Lugo needs a change, but to act like it's ok for the devs to "fix" something that isn't technically broken, and was discovered for only 2 days before a dev says Nerf incoming on a Sunday is wrong.

There's a lot of actual bugs and not WAI behavior in the game, but how this gets to top of the devs priority list shows their true colors and I think the forums have a solid cause for frustration

You can finish and entire phase with 3 toons portly geared on auto. I would concur that this is a critically broken feature.

And yes in software development if a critical feature is materially broken it moves to the top of the list.

Zylo?! Hello?!

Better "fix" lugo

I'm broken??? :*(
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon so can I have the 10 million credits back that I just spent leveling those soon to be once again useless toons? And the 10 omegas as well.....

I mean hey I get that this was unintended, but still I just pumped a ton of very limited resources into nute scavenger and dathcha

I think that's only fair, since the toons are working as intended, yet will be getting nerfed.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon so can I have the 10 million credits back that I just spent leveling those soon to be once again useless toons? And the 10 omegas as well.....

I mean hey I get that this was unintended, but still I just pumped a ton of very limited resources into nute scavenger and dathcha

There's a lot of folks in this spot right now
  • Options
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    I am just sick of all you whiny people... that team was a **** joke. It would literally break the game... and comparing Clones to it? Are you freaking serious?? Clearly none of you have farmed and geared Clones

Yes! It took me 3 months to get a clone team scoring 7 million in phase 4. I'm so glad they're addressing this.

Meanwhile. This team took me 10 minutes to assemble this morning. http://imgur.com/a/vrdz3
  • Options
    It was an oversight plain and simple. Acting like you're being robbed or some huge injustice has occurred, you're just being dramatic.

If it was a gear XI Nute and with really good mods (along with the other supporting characters) it would be a little different, but formerly weak toons (who just happen to have specific mechanics) be the most powerful raid team is dumb and makes the game not very fun.

They are a multi million dollar company and they can't afford beta testers or somebody to create a program to run simulations that would find this before any actual player does? No they don't get to have the luxury of oversights. These toons were in the game and had their abilities for months and within a day of Lugo finding this squad comp they nerf it. This is completely on EA now and them being this quick to nerf them is unwarranted and unprecedented. They have never been this quick to "fix" a toon or squad comp and they better stick to this timely matter of "fixing" toons in the future otherwise they will catch fire. What they should have done is made a public announcement that this is in fact a problem and will be addressed, but in the next update to the game. Primarily because now they have to fix every single "problem" from this point onward either as quick or faster. They've put a timelimit on themselves that they can't possibly live up to.
  • Options
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    +1

Finally... I am not alone against the insanity
  • Options
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    +1

It's the 'never nerf' guy. Lmao!
  • Options
    Ryman03 wrote: »
    And that's why there doing it to keep their big spenders happy

The devs have to be able to feed their families.
  • Options
    Lol... you guys crack me up. You really think this was fair? You really have lost your minds...

Not about being fair. It was working as intended based on the toons collective mechanics AND it was completely RNG dependant, even more so than Zylo. So if someone spent thousands and feels jilted because three toons can do what their 8k squad can do, too bad. It's called being a creative gamer.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    It was an oversight plain and simple. Acting like you're being robbed or some huge injustice has occurred, you're just being dramatic.

If it was a gear XI Nute and with really good mods (along with the other supporting characters) it would be a little different, but formerly weak toons (who just happen to have specific mechanics) be the most powerful raid team is dumb and makes the game not very fun.

They are a multi million dollar company and they can't afford beta testers or somebody to create a program to run simulations that would find this before any actual player does? No they don't get to have the luxury of oversights. These toons were in the game and had their abilities for months and within a day of Lugo finding this squad comp they nerf it. This is completely on EA now and them being this quick to nerf them is unwarranted and unprecedented. They have never been this quick to "fix" a toon or squad comp and they better stick to this timely matter of "fixing" toons in the future otherwise they will catch fire. What they should have done is made a public announcement that this is in fact a problem and will be addressed, but in the next update to the game. Primarily because now they have to fix every single "problem" from this point onward either as quick or faster. They've put a timelimit on themselves that they can't possibly live up to.

Billion with a B
  • Options
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Lol... you guys crack me up. You really think this was fair? You really have lost your minds...

Not about being fair. It was working as intended based on the toons collective mechanics AND it was completely RNG dependant, even more so than Zylo. So if someone spent thousands and feels jilted because three toons can do what their 8k squad can do, too bad. It's called being a creative gamer.

+1
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    @JediGhost117 honestly I'm surprised you h want seen my pic floating around. I've seen it pop up everywhere already.

https://imgur.com/a/xOi46

So a maxed leader ability, and Gear 8&9 Jawas, that's not the squad you said you had. It's impressive that they could do that with that squad but again, it's not breaking the game because all of those abilities were already in the game and the devs suddenly decided it's a problem.
  • Options
    How come no one has a made joker meme yet about two Jawas soloing the raid and everyone starts losing their minds?
    Empire Relic
  • Options

Zylo?! Hello?!

Zylo requires a Zeta, max gear and baller mods. And some luck with retreats. Come on, that's disingenuous to compare it to putting it on auto with three poorly geared toons.

Can you explain to me a way this makes sense for the devs to nerf Lugo that doesn't involve making EA less money? You argument that if a toon reaches a certain investment it's WAI behavior isn't monitored the devs?

So if g11 nute+jawas did this you are ok or not ok with the nerf?
  • Options
    Fastest response ever
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    ...isn't this supposed to be a strategy game?

The only acceptable strategy is using your credit card.

I did spend my credit card on jawa man I can't get a break
  • scuba
    14086 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It hasn't been months. Nute lead was changed from 30% to 50% tm gain at level 8 on 04/25/17.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106764/game-update-4-25-2017#latest

So it hasn't even been 1 month yet.
    Prior to the change this was not possible.

That we know of, it's entirely possible that a similar squad comp could have pulled this off with the prior Nute lead and RNG. People do it with Teebo in the Rancor Raid all the time.

Knowing how this works. There was no setup before the change with nute lead that would have allowed this tm locking to happen. Prior to r2 release, which is when nute lead was changed, there was no way to give stealth to another AoE or multi attacker.
    Leia can stealth herself and with good rng could have gained 100% tm while stealthed but she would then have to use a turn to get back into stealth.
    Datcha and Jawa could be stealthed, Dathca on his own and Jawa by cn and they both have AoE attacks but those AoE are on CD.

There was just no way to use a nute lead prior and tm lock the tank. If there was it would have been used in rancor p2 and p3 long ago, and in the Haat p2 and p4. Change to nute lead is what allowed this to happen.

Don't get me wrong I think they should leave it alone. But doesn't look like that is going to happen.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I can sense that there's going to be hell to be raised in the near future. First this business with the nute nerf, who was already useless anyway, now more useless, and this new broken fulcrum ahsoka that's gonna be released. I feel like tensions in this forum are at an all time high. Not to mention the fact that arena is dull and raids are stale and repetitive. I don't know what's going on, but we need to prioritize here. I agree that nute+ jawas was kinda broken, but all this nonsense with all the border line op toons being released has to stop. First GK and chaze, now ahsoka. This has to stop, and soon, or I fear something really bad is going to happen soon. This new game mode better lay golden eggs or something cuz I've never seen so many angry people on this forum before.
  • Options

Zylo?! Hello?!

Zylo requires a Zeta, max gear and baller mods. And some luck with retreats. Come on, that's disingenuous to compare it to putting it on auto with three poorly geared toons.

That.
    In many guilds you can't do 2 attacks with Zylo. P1 ends up in a few minutes
  • Options
    If you have to pay for potentially broken Ahsoka, there won't be a rush to fix her.
  • Options
    We've been calling it the Lugo
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    Only f2p characters.
  • Options
    Wait until she's out before you call her OP. Some of us still remember the "nerf phoenix squad" before they came out.
  • Options

Zylo?! Hello?!

Can you explain to me a way this makes sense for the devs to nerf Lugo that doesn't involve making EA less money? You argument that if a toon reaches a certain investment it's WAI behavior isn't monitored the devs?

So if g11 nute+jawas did this you are ok or not ok with the nerf?

If it still requires strategy and actively playing the game like a clone team then yes I would be fine with it. But since you can set it to Auto(basic) and let it run once the topple happens that's obviously not WAI.

It's a mobile game they have to have 2 things to keep the game running: engaged users and some portions of people purchasing. In its current form it makes one of the games biggest achievements the equivalent of a daily challenge.
  • Broulan
    374 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for getting on this right away. You are protecting those of us whom have spent thousands on building specific HAAT teams to earn top tier rewards. Thanks for doing the right thing this time!

I agree. We all thought it was cool for a second, but in reality it turns an enormous achievement into the equivalent of the daily challenges.

What do we even play in the game at this point? Arena, GW, and the raids, this essentially would eliminate one of those.
    Not every guild is clearing haat and has 50 members holding multiple zetas. This is a zeta free way to help lower guilds in the same way zylo would.
  • Options

Zylo?! Hello?!

Better "fix" lugo

I'm broken??? :*(

Yea 100% pick or ban you break the meta
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    but CG really needs to be held accountable for this precedent they are going to set of changing toons that are WAI just because it hurts the bottom line

And that's the kicker, this is truly a changing the goal posts situation, and when does that happen next? This has been out for a day and it warrants a Sunday night dev post?! We've had major issues that have been ignored for ages, but Nute freaking Gunray needs someone to get out and address this? Sometimes you need to just leave things alone and start designing raid three, because raid two is nearly a year old. Everyone that was gonna whale their way to Kenobi already did, anybody else is doing the actual striving to work together as a guild to get him. Guess how? Zylo, Rebels, clones, Chirpantine and today we got Nute bloody Gunray. Zylo isn't even on the bugs bin as being looked into but someone woke Kozi up late night Sunday to nerf Nute 'Dodgy accent' Gunray.
  • Options
    They only make $316,000 a day they can not afford testers