Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    WOW.
    After a very exciting day full of positive things, I have to say that you have fumbled this one. We had a 21 pages long discussion about the proposed Poe's tenacity nerf, when the big effect (biggest possible effect) was both the -1 to speed, and the fact that speed will completely change the way it plays.

I have farmed only 3* of Poe myself, and would have done regardless because I want to field a Resistance-expose team someday. But those people who decided to fully upgrade him because the proposed change didn't touch speed, got totally SHAFTED. Also, some teams, such as droids, drastically change their performance without Poe (or with a different speed mechanic), so those who decided to spend resources on their droids (and other teams) after the original release got blindsided too.

Big step backwards after a few last days full of positive things
  • Options
    This is a much needed rebalance and thank you for this. I'm sorry folks but all of you know that Poe DOMINATED arena and that's why you got him, now the right thing was done. This was a long time coming and many in the community saw the writing on the wall. Instead of crying in such an undignified manor, grow up, and learn a life lesson here. You need to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

Did you not read the post? Everything said in the initial patch notes did go as planned. The -1 speed was accidental, and was not planned to be done. They are leaving him be as is for the moment because there's some people in the community who actually approver of this accidental nerf. But if it doesn't work well with the character, they can obviously change it back, and are willing to.

Ummmmmm.........NO............. they are leaving him be because the Indian guy that did the patch for CG has already got on his plane back to New Delhi.

• Options
    I am enjoying the arena a lot more since the poe speed change, BUT it's still not good towards people who researched Poe and the (potential) effect he would have on meta. It's not like heroes are easily farmed regarding cantina tokens /energy or credits for levelling + star + skill /item acquisition.

With all the "bad morale" regarding players of your game, which a good number fund your paybacks via IAPs, you guys aren't too good with giving goodwill to "us".
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    If I'm CG, one of the takeways for me from this thread is:
    Never ever release advance patch notes again. People wondered why they didn't used to do it? Now you know why. Because there will be mistakes, and people go insane.

If they had wanted to keep their credibility, they should have went with the current patch notes today then released another set of patch notes in a week or so to fix poe. Or even warn people that they're still working on poe. But hey, they can run their game however they want to.
  • SubmarineMan
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ty for the great communication again Jesse. I totally agree with these changes, why should 1 character be so powerful and be the deciding factor in winning battles, he's still a viable character BTW despite the changes hopefully now with these changes the battles will he more fair and the teams will be more diversified. Shame on all of you for being so childish about all this, it's pathetic!
    Great job devs on nerfing a massively OP character, keep it up!
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    moongod wrote: »
    Poe is still a completely viable character. He just isn't an lol coin toss iWin button anymore.

Purty much.

Yea now it's gonna be QGJ coin flip. Enjoy.
  • Options
    No patch notes is far better than what we got this time.

Please explain, I can't understand your logic
    Roger roger
  • Options
    ebm2010 wrote: »
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

Any thoughts on allowing in game refunds (in game appropriate currency like cantina credits) for characters changed in a significant way?

Love this idea since so many spent so many resources on Poe (who is now useless) BUT...

How in the world could they do that? Refund cantina currency to everyone that has Poe?!?! I would love it, but it would then all go to everyone having a max QGJ immediately.

They should either rollback that change or offer refunds for misleading us.

OMG! How about give me a refund for NOT heavily investing in that poeshit?! Because of that I might have lost up to 100 crystals per day for not being in the higher rankings of arena....
    But I knew that Poe was a huge mistake(born abnormal, so they would fix it eventually). If they owe you a refund, they owe it to me as well!!!
    Bravo developers! Nicest update so far!
  • Options
    puru wrote: »
    They did not nerf Poe, instead they changed how the each toon's turn is decided. It is better in a way that much less RNG is involved, but then it should have been that way from day 1.

They reduced his speed, tenacity and health among other things. That sounds like a nerf to me.
  • Options
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    I am enjoying the arena a lot more since the poe speed change, BUT it's still not good towards people who researched Poe and the (potential) effect he would have on meta. It's not like heroes are easily farmed regarding cantina tokens /energy or credits for levelling + star + skill /item acquisition.

With all the "bad morale" regarding players of your game, which a good number fund your paybacks via IAPs, you guys aren't too good with giving goodwill to "us".

Exactly. The game is actually BETTER this way - but the way it was done is TOTALLY messed up! You can't just lie to people like this when they are spending real time and money toward specific goals based off of information DIRECTLY from the Devs

They seriously need to refund Cantina shipments spent on Poe over the last week.
  • Options
    At least we know what the deal is now.

I think the main thing to take away from this is that it's going to be up to us as the playerbase to figure out what's actually going on in the game. It is a little sad that we don't get genuine explanations until we dig into and discover changes on our own. For that matter, I doubt that detailed explanation we just got would ever have been forthcoming if there wasn't an outcry here in the forums to begin with. Squeeky wheel gets the grease I guess.
  • Options
    Just wanted to point out so that everyone understands - There are no more speed tiers. There are no more round 7, 8, 9, 10, etc toons. Toons will now go in order of highest speed first (excluding turn meter manipulation).The only time RNG will take effect is when 2 toons with same exact speed tie. Now there is no chance of a slower speed toon going before a higher speed toon, turn order will be set.

This means that the meta has shifted in a big way. Whether good or bad remains to be seen.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    Viperish wrote: »
    What people are not reading is that by him having that +1 speed it makes no difference anymore at all.

"Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order."

He will not be "turn 7" or "turn 8". He will be 142 speed in line behind ALL others faster than him.

What you miss though is now QGJ leader is turn 1. With his tenacity down Secura has a chance to stun him if she wins the flip, Lumi is now 143 with his leader, can Ability block chance now with lower tenacity. Run Dooku he has a chance. Now instead of a coin toss that is a chance to stun Poe there are 2 definite chances and a coin toss to stop his taunt, which without it, he is useless as he does not do much damage.

Someone said Barriss is not useless. Her only use is her leader ability in GW, and Health Balance, but that can hurt you as much as help you, but go up against QGJ DPS teams that heal each turn is nothing and QGJ calling FOTP or Leia or Rey to assist is a dead Barriss 1st turn. She hits terrible and is slow as molasses.
  • Options
    Yay! Now we'll start seeing some variety in PvP!
    Nope.

• Options
    Dooku and QGJ are god tier.
  • Options
    Wow...this is total **** in my opinion. They give us update details and then totally ignore them a week later? That's pretty weak....
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    This is why I don't work in complaints anymore.

10% of the time I was dealing with my company's incompetence but the other 90% of the time I was dealing with irrational **** with an over inflated sense of self entitlement.
    Roger roger
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    This is a much needed rebalance and thank you for this. I'm sorry folks but all of you know that Poe DOMINATED arena and that's why you got him, now the right thing was done. This was a long time coming and many in the community saw the writing on the wall. Instead of crying in such an undignified manor, grow up, and learn a life lesson here. You need to diversify and not put all your eggs in one basket.

+1
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    Just wow. So complete difference from the "official" post of two weeks ago. Very sad. All those resources wasted because we believed what was actually posted.

I'm sorry, but "owning up to it" would be rolling him back to what you said you would do, or refunding all resources spent on him since the official patch notes preview.

Want some cheese with that wine
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Never ever release advance patch notes again. People wondered why they didn't used to do it? Now you know why. Because there will be mistakes, and people go insane.

It'd have been left out of the patch on release date anyways, just as it was left out on the notes from last week and it is just brought up now after everyone is noticing it and pointing it out. So release the notes a week in advance or in time wouldn't have made a difference imho.

I like the release notes in advance, I'd like them to keep it that way. I understand mistakes happen. I understand when programming, fixing one thing can break other two.

I also understand they changed the game mechanics, and people isn't focusing on that, but on a single point on speed, which with the new mechanics wouldn't matter much anyways.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Lol everybody that complained about Poe last week... Is complaining about Poe again... This time... For doing what they wanted the devs to do in the first place. . Hahahaha. Gotta love the Internet

I know right? Lol I'm Just grabbing some popcorn and settle in to watch the crying and the flame wars.

+1. You can't please all of the people all of the time and it appears you can't please any of the people on forums. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    What people are not reading is that by him having that +1 speed it makes no difference anymore at all.

"Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
    Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order."

He will not be "turn 7" or "turn 8". He will be 142 speed in line behind ALL others faster than him.

What you miss though is now QGJ leader is turn 1. With his tenacity down Secura has a chance to stun him if she wins the flip, Lumi is now 143 with his leader, can Ability block chance now with lower tenacity. Run Dooku he has a chance. Now instead of a coin toss that is a chance to stun Poe there are 2 definite chances and a coin toss to stop his taunt, which without it, he is useless as he does not do much damage.

Someone said Barriss is not useless. Her only use is her leader ability in GW, and Health Balance, but that can hurt you as much as help you, but go up against QGJ DPS teams that heal each turn is nothing and QGJ calling FOTP or Leia or Rey to assist is a dead Barriss 1st turn. She hits terrible and is slow as molasses.

Poe will receive all the fire still. Isn't it what a tank supposed to do? I think it's a clever move by the dev team.
  • Options

I didn't miss that QGJ lead speed. With the changes they made to how speed works, there should be no changes to Poe. That way he has the high change to resist those ppl guaranteed to go first. I was for the Poe nerf before, but I just don't see the point now with the big speed change. If he keeps that tenacity then he still a great tank as compared to Han, who will be faster by much more easily stunned.
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

+1

Or read the forums and don't invest a huge amount of resources in a toon you know is going to be nerfed. Heads up, they are monitoring phasma too.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    So since poe is dead is it too early to star the nerf/you ruined yoda n give me a refund thread?
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gravton83 wrote: »
    Tak wrote: »

+1

Or read the forums and don't invest a huge amount of resources in a toon you know is going to be nerfed. Heads up, they are monitoring phasma too.

Heads up QGJ is next. Then Sid. If true balance means anything which is doesn't to you homers.
  • Options
    Rey shall now be known as "Poebane."
  • Options
    GoaT1221 wrote: »
    biggest bunch of crybabies ive ever seen in my life, get over it.

Funny thing is that poe is still really viable and anyone who can think of good synergized team may actually make a far more deadly team than the poe teams right now. So let them throw their poes away
This discussion has been closed.