EA Play Live Megathread

Replies

• pac0naut wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

AKA, the game changers get canned footage of him being OP which makes everyone rush for Phoenix and then once we get him he's either A: Broken or B: Not as good.

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Well, if you were marketing, I supposed you'd try to find the best, shiniest clips you could get...

Still, bit early to know his actual performance in practice.

I don't disagree with you, expect for the fact that what was shown with Fulcrum was a controlled environment and not as advertised. I guess they gotta recoup the bath they took on Phoenix.

Fool me once....

EDIT - also, from a marketing and branding perspective, there's this thing called good will and trust. That's really out the window now.
    Pretty much this.

Did we just agree on something?

*HIGH FIVE*
    BxmCPwVCQAAuVeL.png
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    At least battlefront looked fantastic!
    Yeah, it def' did. Sick trailer.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Jabba wrote: »
    Ea_Jesse Just tweeted that the EA game changers will be rveealing gameplay footage of Thrawn tomorrow.

AKA, the game changers get canned footage of him being OP which makes everyone rush for Phoenix and then once we get him he's either A: Broken or B: Not as good.

Fulcrum, anyone?
    Well, if you were marketing, I supposed you'd try to find the best, shiniest clips you could get...

Someone should be fired after that presentation that was beyond terrible . Who wants to buy that after seeing who in there right mind would waste resources leveling up Phoenix after a video of him standing there in pve did a aoe in pve did no damage . Hopefully it's a reverse of the fulcrum videos we seen before release she one shotted a baze full health and protection and does squat after release lol. Very dissapointed player here

Fired? Nah. I sort of feel bad for the three of them. Let me elaborate....

So, for those who said the whales AREN'T dead and people are spending money hand over fist and blah blah blah, please compare the amount of time EA gave Kozi, NRAJ and Jesse for this "reveal". They got 3 minutes at the adult table. Poor NRAJ looked like he wasn't sure WHAT to say and how much he SHOULD say. That's terrible. EA said they were giving an hour for Star Wars talk and CG got 3 whole MINUTES. That's it. The majority of their presentation went to BF2. I really wonder which makes them more money per month....BF or SWGOH.

EA's presentation of the game shows where their interest lies. CG got the scraps at this event and I know they work hard and deserved better. We ALL deserved better.

+1000
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    At least battlefront looked fantastic!

Yeah.. with micro transactions to buy the ability cards?? no thanks lol
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    As a fan of the work of yours I was really disappointed with only 2 minutes data to you at the conference.

I actually thought that @CG_NotReallyAJedi did a great job for the 30 seconds he got to talk. He seemed genuinely excited and was informative in such a short amount of time (and a cutie)..

Yes, I might be crushing on a Dev.

6aea7d5a414aafd3fe5fa8dc4ac57759.gif
  • One of my biggest questions is will Thrawn get a ship? I really hope he does cause that would be awesome.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »

So they did the opposite of what they should've? Like when they showed rebels wrecking Thrawn in the Thrawn character reveal?

Exactly, great presentation of how good is having Thrawn at your squad!! :D

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

Yup xD major fail on their part
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

So they did the opposite of what they should've? Like when they showed rebels wrecking Thrawn in the Thrawn character reveal?

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

Will Thrawn be a stand-alone character?
  • Paarthysnax
    333 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Boreas wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

IMG_5937.png

IMG_5938.png

IMG_5939.png

Will Thrawn be a stand-alone character?

If his teammates keep dropping like that, he surely will.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • I really can't get over how bad this was executed. From all the hints that didn't point to Thrawn, to the eventual hype behind Thrawn, to the "reveal" debacle. To showing zero gameplay and alluding to him NOT being a rebel killer, and nothing mentioned about the new game mode.

All of it, just a dumpster fire of reveal event. That's probably putting it lightly.

I'm going to the bar.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I dont understand how they havent even updated dev notes.

You have a terrible reveal, and you cant even upload the info you barely told us
  • I do agree that mobile gaming is second rate when compared to console. I get that. But every once in a while a mobile game transcends the divide.

This game is that game. This game is easily their biggest money maker. Easily.

This whole debacle was a punch to the gut and and slap to the face to all of us, make no mistake about it.

NOW I'm going to the bar. Lol!
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I dont understand how they havent even updated dev notes.

You have a terrible reveal, and you cant even upload the info you barely told us

Update notes and kit info will be released in August stay tuned
  • Ouchie wrote: »
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    As a fan of the work of yours I was really disappointed with only 2 minutes data to you at the conference.

I actually thought that @CG_NotReallyAJedi did a great job for the 30 seconds he got to talk. He seemed genuinely excited and was informative in such a short amount of time (and a cutie)..

Yes, I might be crushing on a Dev.

6aea7d5a414aafd3fe5fa8dc4ac57759.gif

Lol, do you know where he is. Don't waste time.
  • nulami
    99 posts Member

And, if you watch Mobilegamer, he already said this when he said he was going to try and live stream tomorrow. He also said if he couldn't get the stream to work, he would post a video of the Thrawn footage EA was going to give him.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Missed the video on E3, couldn't be online at the moment.

Is there somewhere I can see it now ?

EDIT : found, Smithie D has it.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • 15 battles and 4 Sabine shards....double drops and half the possibility of drops. Y'all have goofed this so hard lol
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    robertohui wrote: »

After that very poorly executed reveal, I have no interest at all watching a You Tube interview with them.

They actually needed to reveal something to create interest in a more in depth video. They had already told us the character was Thrawn. It was pretty much accepted that he had to be a cleanser. That reveal totally did not get me excited to learn more about a character that I have no plans to get (not interested in working on Phoenix squad).
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member

Fulcrum, anyone?

Someone should be fired after that presentation that was beyond terrible . Who wants to buy that after seeing who in there right mind would waste resources leveling up Phoenix after a video of him standing there in pve did a aoe in pve did no damage . Hopefully it's a reverse of the fulcrum videos we seen before release she one shotted a baze full health and protection and does squat after release lol. Very dissapointed player here

So, for those who said the whales AREN'T dead and people are spending money hand over fist and blah blah blah, please compare the amount of time EA gave Kozi, NRAJ and Jesse for this "reveal". They got 3 minutes at the adult table. Poor NRAJ looked like he wasn't sure WHAT to say and how much he SHOULD say. That's terrible. EA said they were giving an hour for Star Wars talk and CG got 3 whole MINUTES. That's it. The majority of their presentation went to BF2. I really wonder which makes them more money per month....BF or SWGOH.

EA's presentation of the game shows where their interest lies. CG got the scraps at this event and I know they work hard and deserved better. We ALL deserved better.

I can definitely see they were put in the back of the building for sure and even with only 3 mins that reveal video should have shown more than Thrawn just standing there with how we were pumped upto watch the stream come on there's no excuse for that video maybe the 3 mins to talk but not the content shown was a absolute joke . We didn't even get his kit posted in here at least should have done that if ea didn't give them enough time. Mistakes happen they made huge blunder today in my opinion at least my guildie mobile gamer will have a video out tomorrow I'm sure that will have more thought out into it
  • Now it may be too early to finalize how he'd be in execution, as sometimes on paper is different from in practice, but what Thrawn needed to shift the meta was anti-buff and anti-tenacity up abilities. Giving him TM manipulation and cleanse may still be good, but hardly what was needed to help balance the elephant in the room (Chaze / Rex)

Again, this is just paper speculation. Execution may play differently. However, he doesn't seem like he's going to be much of a rebel killer if rebels have their brick fortress (Chaze / Rex) to stand behind. Besides, Biggs was totally owning Empire in an Empire Character screening video. Not good feels man, not good.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    nulami wrote: »
    video of the Thrawn footage EA was going to give him.

AND THERE WITHIN LIES THE PROBLEM.

I'm not buying whatever they put out because I can almost guarantee that what they show IS NOT what we're going to get.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Now it may be too early to finalize how he'd be in execution, as sometimes on paper is different from in practice, but what Thrawn needed to shift the meta was anti-buff and anti-tenacity up abilities. Giving him TM manipulation and cleanse may still be good, but hardly what was needed to help balance the elephant in the room (Chaze / Rex)

Again, this is just paper speculation. Execution may play differently. However, he doesn't seem like he's going to be much of a rebel killer if rebels have their brick fortress (Chaze / Rex) to stand behind. Besides, Biggs was totally owning Empire in an Empire Character screening video. Not good feels man, not good.

Man, I don't get the hate for dark side characters from CG. They are just so much more interesting than characters like Biggs or Chaze lol
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    nulami wrote: »
    video of the Thrawn footage EA was going to give him.

AND THERE WITHIN LIES THE PROBLEM.

I'm not buying whatever they put out because I can almost guarantee that what they show IS NOT what we're going to get.

I agree with you there. It is given footage from the makers of the game. The same people who can program the game to do specific things that they can then record and release.

This is just like the trailers for a really bad movie where all of the "good" scenes are in the trailer to convince you to waste 96 minutes of your life that you will never get back.

I was good with my decision to not worry about ever getting Thrawn when they announced it was Thrawn. Now I'm great with my decision.
  • There's supposed to be a live stream of some sort now and I can't find anything anywhere
  • Jabba wrote: »

Fulcrum, anyone?

I can definitely see they were put in the back of the building for sure and even with only 3 mins that reveal video should have shown more than Thrawn just standing there with how we were pumped upto watch the stream come on there's no excuse for that video maybe the 3 mins to talk but not the content shown was a absolute joke . We didn't even get his kit posted in here at least should have done that if ea didn't give them enough time. Mistakes happen they made huge blunder today in my opinion at least my guildie mobile gamer will have a video out tomorrow I'm sure that will have more thought out into it

Let us not forget, EAs BFII trailer is 3 minutes and it wowed me.

They could have shown thrawn footage as a trailer and actually impressed me instead they disapointed me greatly
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    There's supposed to be a live stream of some sort now and I can't find anything anywhere

The stream was over 3 hours ago. You didn't miss anything.
  • nulami wrote: »
    There's supposed to be a live stream of some sort now and I can't find anything anywhere

No, there is supposed to be a stream at 4:30 PDT, which was 7 minutes ago, but there's nothing on any EA or Star Wars streaming channels
  • nulami wrote: »

No, there is supposed to be a stream at 4:30 PDT, which was 7 minutes ago, but there's nothing on any EA or Star Wars streaming channels

They're hiding in shame