[Mega] Game Update 7/5/2017 & Ewok Pass Details

Replies

• Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    EE, Teebo, scout. Seriously, is it that hard to just look through the possible characters listed?

Is it seroiusly that hard to just answer a question without trying to put someone down?

Is it seriously that difficult for you not to be lazy?
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Lipata
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like they stealth nerfed teebo in the last update. Now his basic removes TM before dealing dmg and therefore the rancor has 5% tm after being attacked by teebo. Is this a bug or a stealth nerf?
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Chirpa's zeta is awful, lol

Chewbacca level bad. I can think of several scenarios where it would actually work against you.

Save the zeta for wicket or whoever they might add.
  • ThePixie
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What is the point of doing an Ewok re-work when you hardly change anything to make them useable. You wont even be able to use them in GW let alone in any other aspect of the game. If you are going to do a faction pass at least take the time to rework them rather than doing stuff like 'Upgrade 7 now adds "+10% Damage" instead of "5% Damage."'.

They already did terrible dmg..increasing their dmg by an extra 5% is gonna do nothing. What a waste of an opportunity.
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    Now all we need is C-3PO with ewok synergy

C-3PO thinks this is a great idea
    sNa1uLS.jpg
  • Guar
    44 posts Member
    Options
    The faction pass isn't even over yet. Just wait.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    I'm pleased as punch to showcase the latest and greatest Game Update for 7/5/2017. :) Read on!

rolojwfzb5lc.png

ENORMOUS EWOK UPDATE & FACTION PASS
    The Ewoks are ready to make the fur fly with a devastating faction pass! Additionally, be sure to give your Ewok Squad a second look as our art team have taken a quality pass at their character models to be more in line with the Endor Moon warriors we know and love.

For more details on the faction passes made to our ferocious friends, please read on.

Chief Chirpa
    • Changing Attribute from Intelligence to Strength
    • Increased Protection
    Special 1: Ancestral Secrets
    • Now reads "All allies recover 10-20% of their Max Health and gain Heal Over Time (10-20%) for 2-3 turns. Ewok allies also gain Retribution for 2 turns and Heal Over Time for 1 additional turn."
    • Omega: Now adds "+5% Heal" in addition to previous bonus of "Heal Over Time Duration + 1."
    Special 2: Tribal Unity
    • Omega: Now adds "-50% Damage Penalty" in addition to previous bonus of "All Ewoks Assist."
    • Leader: Simple Tactics
    • NEW ZETA: Whenever an Ewok ally uses a Special ability, 60% chance a random Ewok ally is called to Assist.

Ewok Elder
    • Changing Attribute from Agility to Strength
    • Increased Protection
    Basic: Guiding Strike
    • Upgrade 7 now adds "+10% Damage" instead of "5% Damage."
    • Omega: Now adds "+15% Damage" in addition to previous bonus of "Add +10% Turn Meter for non-Ewok allies."
    Special 1: Tribal Healer
    • Now reads "Dispel all debuffs on all allies. All allies recover Health equal to 10-30% of Ewok Elder's Max Health with a 25-35% chance to revive defeated allies at 1-15% Health."
    • Omega: Now adds "+5% Heal" and "+5% Revive Health" in addition to previous bonus of "+5% Revive Chance."
    Special 2: Power of the Forest
    • -Gains "If the revived ally is an Ewok, they are called to Assist" and "Whenever an Ewok ally is defeated, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1."
    • Omega: Now adds "Cooldown - 1" in addition to previous bonus of "+15% Turn Meter Gain Chance."

Ewok Scout
    • Increased Protection
    • Base speed changed from 100 to 113
    Basic: Ewok Ambush
    • Upgrade 7 now adds "+10% Damage" instead of "5% Damage."
    • Omega: Now adds "+15% Damage" in addition to previous bonus of "+15% Turn Meter Reduction Chance."
    Special 1: Rushing Attack
    • Upgrade 6 now adds "+10% Damage" instead of "5% Damage."
    • Omega: Now adds "+15% Damage" and also, "Call a random ally to Assist" in addition to previous bonus of "Cooldown - 1."
    Unique: Tribal Tactics
    • Omega: Now adds "Gain Turn Meter on a Critical Hit" in addition to previous bonus of "+5% Turn Meter Gain."

Teebo
    Special 2: Bring Low
    • Reworded: "Deal unavoidable Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all buffs on them. If any buffs are dispelled, remove 60% Turn Meter."

DOUBLE DROPS
    Celebrate this furiously fuzzy faction pass with some DOUBLE DROPS! From 7/8 to 7/31 enjoy a chance at a random Ewok location having Double Drops active. Little lost in the Cantina? Or just want to make sure you’ve checked every node? A listing has been provided below. Cheers!
    • Ewok Scout Light Side 1-A Hard
    • Teebo Light Side 4-A Hard
    • Teebo Dark Side 3-D Hard
    • Chief Chirpa Cantina 5-D Normal
    • Ewok Scout Light Side 1-A Hard
    • Ewok Elder Dark Side 8-C Hard
    • Teebo Dark Side 3-D Hard
    • Ewok Scout Dark Side 8-D Hard
    • Chief Chirpa Cantina 5-D Normal
    • Ewok Scout Dark Side 9-B Hard

PACKS N' BUNDLES
    With Ewoks taking over July, the store has been stocked to guarantee your diminutive squad turns into grandiose powerhouse.

Forest Ambush Bundle- CHIEF CHIRPA
    Chief Chirpa leads the Ewoks into battle with a revamped mass assist call and empowers them to call even more assists with his leader ability.
    Level up Chief Chirpa with a Forest Ambush bundle today! (One time purchase limit)!
    Bundle Contents:
    • Character Shards
    • Credits
    • XP Droids: 15x Tier 4
    • Ability Mats

Forest Ambush Bundle- EWOK SCOUT
    Ewok Scout returns with a powerful arsenal that includes increased damage, assist calls, and new critical hit synergies.
    Level up your Ewok Scout with a Forest Ambush bundle today (one time purchase limit)!
    Bundle Contents:
    • Character Shards
    • Credits
    • Ability Mats

Forest Ambush Bundle- EWOK ELDER
    Ewok Elder is back with improved healing, more effective revives, and decreased cooldowns.
    Level up your Ewok Elder with a Forest Ambush bundle today (one time purchase limit)!
    Bundle Contents:
    • Character Shards
    • Credits
    • Ability Mats

Forest ambush Bundle- TEEBO
    Level up Teebo with a Forest Ambush bundle today! While this stealthy characters ability kit has NOT been updated with the Ewok Faction pass, he still synergizes well with his newly reworked Ewok allies.
    Bundle Contents:
    • Character Shards
    • Credits
    • Ability Mats

BUGS
    EWOKS
    • Fixed Ewok Scout's unique ability so it recalculates properly whenever an Ewok ally is revived or dies.
    • Fixed stealth in Teebo's "Scramble Tactics" so he does not get extra vulnerability from Boba Fett's execute.
    • Ewok Elder now grants Turn Meter from his basic to other allies only if it first grants Turn Meter to himself.
    • Chief Chirpa will now gain turn meter on a killing blow if the enemy had more than 50% turn meter.
    • Ewok Elder's Omega upgrade was updated to correctly say "Cooldown - 1 and 15% Turn Meter Gain".
    GENERAL
    • Bright barrel in intro scene to Daring Droid event has been color corrected
    • Fixed issue where various screens and environments were not showing up at the correct aspect ratio for S8 and S8 Plus users.
    • R2-D2: Fixed an issue where the visual effects of R2-D2's ability "smokescreen" were not working
    NOTE- In game purchases are currently not listed in local currency- they are all listed in USD. Please note that when you tap to approve via Google or Apple, it should then display in the local currency.

WHAT'S AHEAD
    The Ewok takeover doesn't stop here!

Chirpas zeta is so bad.

• Options
    Yes I know but they are not going to re-work these 4 characters AGAIN after releasing these changes. They will add new characters but whats the point they will still be bad.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Ermm.. Ewok scout assist is huge. Assists on EE heal is huge. Ewoks are all about generating extra attacks and TM. These assists will have a bigger impact than you think.
  • Options
    Chief Chirpa now has a zeta, and it is awful. 60% chance at Ewok assist when Ewok uses special ability? That means you have 2 Ewoks, and when they use one of their abilities, they have a CHANCE at assisting. This is awful and needs a massive buff.

• Lipata
    12 posts Member
    Options
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Can confirm. Also annoyed. All my ewoks with formally Omega'd abilities have been reverted to level 7, no omegas refunded. I get that they didn't want to give people Chirpa's Zeta for free, but seriously, I lost out on 45 Omegas here! :/

happened to me as well, Lost 30 Omega on EE and Scout! I maxxed my EE and scout for that blasted Dooku event that I only beat because of R2. My swgoh.gg profile confirms this! I would like my omegas back!!!

@CG_Kozispoon Whats the plan for this? Submit a ticket??

Hiya!
    In order to investigate this further, could you please provide your ally code? Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Can confirm. Also annoyed. All my ewoks with formally Omega'd abilities have been reverted to level 7, no omegas refunded. I get that they didn't want to give people Chirpa's Zeta for free, but seriously, I lost out on 45 Omegas here! :/

happened to me as well, Lost 30 Omega on EE and Scout! I maxxed my EE and scout for that blasted Dooku event that I only beat because of R2. My swgoh.gg profile confirms this! I would like my omegas back!!!

Hiya!
    In order to investigate this further, could you please provide your ally code? Thanks!

It has happened to all android users it looks like
  • Options
    Oh nice update, now I can't get past node 6 in GW. Screw this game after a year and a half... I'm done.
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello all,

I am an Ewok lover, and I eagerly awaited this faction pass. Frankly, I am disappointed.

Teebo - No changes at all, except his picture. Really? I guess that's cool, because he was useful already, but really?

Ewok Elder - You just "nerfed" his basic by correcting it to give turn 25% turn meter to all ewok allies 60% of the time instead of the previous 100% (a longstanding bug). That's a pretty sizeable nerf. In exchange we get a slightly stronger heal, a slightly reduced cooldown and a slightly larger chance to get turn meter on revive. I see this as more of a nerf/buff balance. I was expecting more. Maybe to add a passive to keep him from being such a rediculously easy primary target. Or perhaps some sort of protection regain for the party?

Ewok Scout - I'm actually ok with the changes, though I was expecting a zeta on his passive with a stronger effect. Granting the assist on his special and turn meter on a crit and dodge (instead of just dodge) is nice. He seems "ok" now instead of just boring.

Chirpa - basic the same, -1 CD on HoT... eh. The retribution is the more important element and that is still 2 turns. Having 1 "perma HoT" on squishy toons isn't that useful (compare this to Chirrut). His assist special deals full damage now. This is nice, but full ewok damage isn't very impressive. Meh. Zeta leader: 60% to assist on special... Why is there no chance to assist on basics? The ability is so focused on using basics. Compare this to Phasma zeta leader: 60% chance to assist on ALL attacks, and First Order actually does damage. I think this could be a 100% chance to assist on special or a 60% chance to assist on ALL attacks and neither would be OP. Ewok basics are not big hits.

I thought this would be an ewok revival. I wasn't expecting meta, but you took a dead faction and made it meh.
  • Options
    Just bringing up a point- there seems to be a lot of obsession over ewoks and they're often the only team available to use in events. Just today, there was an update where they gave the Ewoks more power and effective moves. Aren't they good enough already? I've had my butt kicked by a few ewok teams in the arena. Just add one more ewok and be done with them. In the original trilogy, ewoks are weak teddy bears. Not skilled warriors. They should be lower-powered warriors not a crazy powerful team.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly Stealth nerfing teebo's TM Reduction was ridiculous, its bad enough jyn leaves tm when it states she removes it all. TM reduction should happen after damage not before, and changing the way a character works without even listing it in the notes is a crafty and spiteful move. Really disappointing...
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    They are teddy bears, created to sell children toys. Individually in a supportive role with other characters they can be good, but if I come across 5 stuffed toys and I'm Vader, leading a team of Sith. No way they should contend.

A team of regular people with guns and sticks can kill a Darth Vader. It's a game, not an accurate reflection of the story.

I was quite underwhelmed by the faction pass, and the nerf/fix to ewok elder's basic (100%-->60% TM gain and no gain if he is dazed, shocked) is absurd. No changes to teebo and minor changes to the others. Biggest changes seem to be their pictures and the suddenly high price of getting packs for them in the store.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

Hiya!

It has happened to all android users it looks like

I'm an apple user and my omegas are still on my ewoks, can you remove them too please lol...

This ewok pass isn't over yet so must be getting better
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Valariel wrote: »
    They are teddy bears, created to sell children toys. Individually in a supportive role with other characters they can be good, but if I come across 5 stuffed toys and I'm Vader, leading a team of Sith. No way they should contend.

A team of regular people with guns and sticks can kill a Darth Vader. It's a game, not an accurate reflection of the story.

I was quite underwhelmed by the faction pass, and the nerf/fix to ewok elder's basic (100%-->60% TM gain and no gain if he is dazed, shocked) is absurd. No changes to teebo and minor changes to the others. Biggest changes seem to be their pictures and the suddenly high price of getting packs for them in the store.

Teebo only removes 95% TM now, he got nerfed too but it isn't listed on the update
  • Options
    Just bringing up a point- there seems to be a lot of obsession over ewoks and they're often the only team available to use in events. Just today, there was an update where they gave the Ewoks more power and effective moves. Aren't they good enough already? I've had my butt kicked by a few ewok teams in the arena. Just add one more ewok and be done with them. In the original trilogy, ewoks are weak teddy bears. Not skilled warriors. They should be lower-powered warriors not a crazy powerful team.

But Elder got worse (and is now broken to boot). He was the best one, useable on any team that needed team cleanse, revive, and TM gain and is/was important for different raid strategies.

Look at Mauls zeta, or Vader's, or Qui Gon's or really any other faction leader's zeta. Then look at Chirpa's. It's laughable.
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    Options
    At no time did anyone gain TM when elder didn't.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. I used to run ewoks predominantly on galactic wars and I have probably hundreds of ewok fights under my belt. I very distinctly remember noticing that EE basic was bugged LONG ago. Aka, HE sometimes got turn meter, but either way allies ALWAYS did. This was not WAI, but it wasn't OP at all, so they never fixed it (this was like a year ago i noticed it). Now they finally "fixed" it so that it only gives Tm when he gets it. And, as mentioned, this makes him useless against daze/shock debuff teams. Granted he does have a cleanse...
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

Teebo only removes 95% TM now, he got nerfed too but it isn't listed on the update

Yeah I noticed that as well and can we get an update on if it's WAI?
  • Bnorth86
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Did Teebo's "Ewok Scramble Tactics" get a cooldown increase? I swear that before it only had a cooldown of 5 and now it reads as 6. I had it omega'd and now it's down to level 7 (iOS user). Not too thrilled about this.
  • Options
    At no time did anyone gain TM when elder didn't.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. I used to run ewoks predominantly on galactic wars and I have probably hundreds of ewok fights under my belt. I very distinctly remember noticing that EE basic was bugged LONG ago. Aka, HE sometimes got turn meter, but either way allies ALWAYS did. This was not WAI, but it wasn't OP at all, so they never fixed it (this was like a year ago i noticed it). Now they finally "fixed" it so that it only gives Tm when he gets it. And, as mentioned, this makes him useless against daze/shock debuff teams. Granted he does have a cleanse...

I'm talking the last day or so. Even when Elder gains TM, non-ewoks often won't gain TM. Ewoks will. Others will sometimes if another ewok is there. On teams where he is the only ewok, no one is gaining TM except him.

This started the update before today's. It is completely maddening against a Rex lead as he has about 40% CC at G11 and he keeps gaining/feeding TM without giving any to my team.

I understand the reason for the Nerf, but it's not WAI in it's nerfed form.

This has been reported as a bug.

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Holy smokes people like to complain. Every single time something changes people complain. When nothing changes people complain! Seems the forums and the people that post are Wai.

Thanks for the updates devs! I always like new challenges, keeps the game interesting!
  • Options
    I just hope we don't need 7* and mininum gear X ewoks for Jedi Luke. I will be very sad
  • dsteve
    91 posts Member
    Options
    Bnorth86 wrote: »
    Did Teebo's "Ewok Scramble Tactics" get a cooldown increase? I swear that before it only had a cooldown of 5 and now it reads as 6. I had it omega'd and now it's down to level 7 (iOS user). Not too thrilled about this.

No it's still ok. It's reusable in 6 which means stealth for 3, maybe not stealth for 2, then usable again.

Just tested this. We're good.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope we don't need 7* and mininum gear X ewoks for Jedi Luke. I will be very sad

Nah they are needed for C-3PO... who is needed for Jedi Luke
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Sckitch
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Oh nice update, now I can't get past node 6 in GW. Screw this game after a year and a half... I'm done.

LOL... If you can't get past node 6 after 18 months, that's squarely on you.