Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    This is so ridiculuous, lost already a good ranking in ships and about 18 Shards of General Kenobi because i cant enter in the aat raid!!! please do something really because its becoming annoying!!!
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    crash at node 11 ... I can't finish my GW and each time I try 9B Light hard, it keep crashing at 2/3 :( (crash at the black screen "2/3", I can't even see ennemies, 5x times with same results)
    Post edited by Derkus on
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Options
    iPad Air, iOS 9.3.5
    The game crashes almost every day during battles. :( Never experienced this before the 7/12 update. This must be fixed.
  • Jordy_Rain
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    On galaxy s7 newest version of Android. Playing on WiFi.

Was in an arena battle with approx 3 min left. Sith assassin did special and it froze. I was able to click on the characters, icons, was able to chat, I could click auto, but nothing made it unfreeze. Clock clicked down and it unfrozen with 10 seconds left.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @EA_MindTricks @CG_Kozispoon

Hey guys, first and foremost, I want to apologize for lashing out from time to time. It's only because i love the game. If I didn't care, I would delete it and move on. I don't want to do that.

The game is still crashing. It's crashes on the reboot after a crash. I'm very concerned. I have spent "dolphin-ish" amount of money on this game. I like my collection. It's like playing with action figures when I was 5 all over again, except I REALLY get to battle with them.

Please, can you give us an update on the progress you're making? I don't want to have to abandon this game. The relationships I've made from BOTH my guild and shard are too valuable and fun and I would rather you have some positive feedback as to what we are to expect.

Thanks and may the force be with you.

Carth
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    I can't do events too ... Freeze at 5/8. (Both)

Carth is right, it's a good game but if we can't enjoy some content it's pretty frustrating.
    I'm not even a dolphin, just a surimi but I love this game too and don't want to find another game

Could you give us some news ? If it still under investigation or maybe no progress, just a word would be really appreciate

Thx guys ! I got faith in you ! :)
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Options
    I am also having crashing issues and subsequent losses in fleet arena since last update. Also serious lags in game with some losses and GW. on iPhone 6 v 10.3.2
  • Options
    iPhone 5s
    IOS 10.3.2
    Mobile
    Did not uninstall reinstall

When trying to do military might event, once choosing squad to fight with, the game gets hung up on the loading screen every time for both tiers
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Or should we just uninstall ? Because the lack of information is scary
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Chiccco
    30 posts Member
    Options
    iPhone 6
    iOS 10.3.2
    game crashes on mobile and wifi
    Tried uninstall and reinstall, still the same.

The game used to crash once or twice while playing ship battles.
    Today 3/3 ship battles crashed.
    Also, 1/3 arena battles crashed.
    It's becoming very annoying and affects my ranking significantly.

Thank you for your continuous efforts.
  • Options
    Anyone with this issue may as well just uninstall unless you can live with it never being fixed. If they had any idea of the problem or any intention of fixing it they wouldn't have gone this long with no replies. My guess is they are staying quiet in the hopes of stringing as many people along as long as they can to milk some more money before people give up and leave.
  • Options
    I do get a red screen when I load the game but the only problem I'm having is a rare crash when I'm in GW. It's happened once when I was retreating and twice during squad selection. All three times the team involved had Rex and CT-5555. Other than this the only problem I'm having is the need to reboot to see the scoundrel events but I'm assuming that's a different issue.

In fleet I have both of the ships but only 5's in my starting lineup. In arena I use Rex but not as a leader. Again I don't have problems in those. Just mentioning to give you more info.

Thanks
    At Imperial Eyewear we promise that "You will pay dearly for your lack of vision."
  • Options
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Anyone with this issue may as well just uninstall unless you can live with it never being fixed. If they had any idea of the problem or any intention of fixing it they wouldn't have gone this long with no replies. My guess is they are staying quiet in the hopes of stringing as many people along as long as they can to milk some more money before people give up and leave.

Exactly. The reason nothing is being said or fixed is because it isn't affecting the majority of the player base. It's only affecting maybe 30 or 40 people with IOS. If it was affecting the majority it would have been fixed already. And they ain't saying nothing because they know the new update requires higher spec devices and to say we need a new device when we've used older devices all this time would be bad for business. I'm thinking they just ain't saying nothing and waiting patiently for all the complaints about crashing to just go away and move on. Luckily I have access to a newer iPhone so I can still play everyday, I just can't play on my iPad 2 anymore. Sucks for them cause I'm not buying anything anymore I'm becoming strictly free to play.
  • Options
    When do they fix that crappy mem leak? It's the main reason for all the crashes.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Fumanchu wrote: »

Exactly. The reason nothing is being said or fixed is because it isn't affecting the majority of the player base. It's only affecting maybe 30 or 40 people with IOS. If it was affecting the majority it would have been fixed already. And they ain't saying nothing because they know the new update requires higher spec devices and to say we need a new device when we've used older devices all this time would be bad for business. I'm thinking they just ain't saying nothing and waiting patiently for all the complaints about crashing to just go away and move on. Luckily I have access to a newer iPhone so I can still play everyday, I just can't play on my iPad 2 anymore. Sucks for them cause I'm not buying anything anymore I'm becoming strictly free to play.

Also, the effort they would have to put in to fix all of these bugs would probably mean a delay in the release of Territory Battles (which it shouldn't, but their track record has shown it would), and given how much c rap they got for delaying the AAT raid to fix bugs, they'll plow through.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Also also, disregarding the fact that we even need a megathread for a bug in this game, let alone one was serious as crashes, remember it took like 20 pages for a response about tie-breakers for the Rancor.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Using Iphone 6s

IOS last update

Game also last update, and reinstalled

433-219-543

Guys, this isn't funy anymore!! The game crashes whenever en Event is up. Military Might it chrashes at 4/8, the week before at 3/8.
    Mod challenge, when I run for tier 3 speed mods, crashes at 2/3. In pvp battles also, and it counts as a loss. In GW from time to time...
    Come on!!! Since you had the issues with the red screens, which always pops up at the beginning, I can't finish the battles and loose a lot on that...
    FIX IT!!! NOW!!!
  • Options
    There was a 25 second delay between battles for both the Ewok and military might event.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    To Help put all the topics into one thread and add any new info or occurrences
    List device your using
    Os your on (ios9.x or kitkat 2.x) etc
    Using mobile / wifi
    Did you unisnstall then reinstall
    This can help to see issues
    Also if uninstall/reinstall all fixed the issue
    Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017 Edition)
    Android 6.0.1
    Mobile data as well as WiFi
    reinstalled - no change
    Ally id: 793-865-929
    Issue: Game stuck between encounters, not always, but sometimes. (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/121112/stuck-on-loading-screen-move-from-encounter-1-to-2-lag-since-last-update).
    Performance is fine, so i doubt, my device is "too old" or does not match the minimum requirements of the game.
    Reproduction: its random (like everything in this game)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    ........................................Waiting........................................
  • Derkus
    38 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    ...remember it took like 20 pages for a response about tie-breakers for the Rancor.
    Maybe we need to spam then ?
    iPhone 4 / iOS 9.3.5
  • Harvz
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have a iPhone 6 Plus, running iOS 10.3.2, and I'm getting very tired of the game crashing during ship battles. Ships can be painful enough without this happening continually.

Sometimes as many as 4 out of 5 ship battles will crash the game. Any lead time on getting this issue resolved?
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Derkus wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    ...remember it took like 20 pages for a response about tie-breakers for the Rancor.
    Maybe we need to spam then ?

I think we need to do that since they dont answer our calls
  • Options
    I have the same set up as @Harvz . Exact same.

Tonight, back to back crashes that absolutely killed me in arena. I lost two crucial battles.

Please advise @CG_Conduit23 @EA_MindTricks @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Someone. Anyone.
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    We need to continue making pressure on them @Carth_Onassi1973
  • Options
    Hey all,

We are aware of the crashes and we are working on fixes. Please be patient.

giphy.gif
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Dagon
    105 posts Member
    Options
    We are not mad with you @CG_NotReallyAJedi, we just wanted someone to show up and tell us how are your progress in fixing the game crashes for iOS users.
    By the way, thanks for giving news :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you @CG_NotReallyAJedi for acknowledging the issue.
  • Options
    @Dagon now I'll back off a little , lol!! I was going to take you up in that suggestion haha!