Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    Options
    Here's my guess:

Familiar faces = Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Hoth Rebel Scout (update) and Hoth Rebel Soldier (update). I think Commander Luke is going to be Hoth Luke...called "commander" because he will have leader abilities that work with Hoth Rebels...and he will have a blaster and an ability in which he uses his blue lightsaber like Sabine Wren uses her darksaber. So ultimately I'm thinking we are going to get a complete and new Hoth Rebel team led by Luke Skywalker. I'm guessing we will be able to unlock these characters the same way we were able to unlock the new ewoks and build them up with new packs and flash events.

But this is just a guess :)
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Here's my guess:

Familiar faces = Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Hoth Rebel Scout (update) and Hoth Rebel Soldier (update). I think Commander Luke is going to be Hoth Luke...called "commander" because he will have leader abilities that work with Hoth Rebels...and he will have a blaster and an ability in which he uses his blue lightsaber like Sabine Wren uses her darksaber. So ultimately I'm thinking we are going to get a complete and new Hoth Rebel team led by Luke Skywalker. I'm guessing we will be able to unlock these characters the same way we were able to unlock the new ewoks and build them up with new packs and flash events.

Clearly not. You see things too much complicated. I think they only speak about the new luke story event. First was luke against tusken, second will be luke and old ben (if it's still Tatouine), or luke, sthan, lea (DeathStar). It's only a story event....the requirements are low

• Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Here's my guess:

Clearly not. You see things too much complicated. I think they only speak about the new luke story event. First was luke against tusken, second will be luke and old ben (if it's still Tatouine), or luke, sthan, lea (DeathStar). It's only a story event....the requirements are low

My guess is its flash events - and requirements aren't usually crazy for them.
  • Options
    Here's my guess:

Yup, nothing big in august, just another lazy months with nothing new
  • Options
    Here's my guess:

Actually think tb will be released or the release will be announced at minimum.
  • Options
    Here's my guess:

Actually think tb will be released or the release will be announced at minimum.

Launch date won't be in august. We would already know.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    MolDavos wrote: »
    Yes...what you said. :)

I was suggesting that the description describes the WHOLE journey, not just the upcoming next step...meaning that the final battle we face to end up with Jedi Luke will take place on the ROTJ Death Star, where he escapes before it is destroyed.

Jamesm wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    MolDavos wrote: »
    He also had to escape from the ultimate weapon in ROTJ. I would call that more of a "narrow" escape than a "daring" escape, but it was an escape all the same.
    If you say the phrase "Luke's daring escape from the Death Star" to a bunch of Star Wars fans, most would assume ANH, not RotJ. And a version of Luke obtained after RotJ would almost certainly be called Jedi Knight Luke, not Commander Luke. And since Luke is is only ever referred to as Commander at the beginning of ESB, combined with the impending release of the Hoth Territory Battle, I think the evidence is overwhelming that they're talking about the ANH Death Star, not the RotJ Death Star.

The point is the description may be describing the entire series not just the portion that unlocks commander luke but weve down this road before lol

The Death Star escape is classically known as the escape of Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia and the droids in ANH. That has always been used in video games etc and is generally well kknown to fans as "the death star escape".

This must be what they are referring to, not the "escape" in ROTJ.

the escape from ANH will be the event challenge where Commander Luke is unlocked, as this will lead into the Hoth Territory Battles.

That makes zero sense. so the journey to the escspe in ANH....2/3 of one movie...what a journey. Plus hes not a commander after that, hes actually still farm boy luke.

After the death star is destroyed he is commander Luke - which is what the new toon will be.

A death star attack will not likely be a part of his story considering there is a massive lack of development in the ships section of the game - most importantly, Luke does not have his own x-wing.

So what I am saying is true, from a certain point of view.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Here's my guess:

Absolutely!
  • Options
    After the death star is destroyed he is commander Luke - which is what the new toon will be.
    Actually, according to what is canon (check here), he did not become a Commander immediately after the first Death Star's destruction.
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I keep hearing about old ben will be required. I doubt it. Only for a bonus tier. The only one we know is required is Luke. Not going to farm old ben he is useless and if he is required I will get him next time
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    dPaxton wrote: »
    I keep hearing about old ben will be required. I doubt it. Only for a bonus tier. The only one we know is required is Luke. Not going to farm old ben he is useless and if he is required I will get him next time

Fair enough but just listen -

1. This is Luke's story about how he started and went down the path to becoming a Jedi Knight.
    2. The event states "Familiar Faces"
    3. Death Star Escape

Old Ben was the most key figure to start Luke on his journey to becoming a Jedi. Old Ben is also a familiar face (to the game and in Luke's story - movies etc.). Old Ben was also present at the Death Star and made the escape of Luke and the other rebels possible.

If you do not want to farm Old Ben, that's fair but from the evidence I would say he is 90% likely a requirement.
  • Options
    Not going to farm old ben he is useless

Not exactly a toon critical to any of the current Meta, but useless is a bit harsh.

He was my +1 for the 9B LS Hard, and was quite useful in getting that 3*.

Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options

Well I keep hearing that Luke will be required, which I can't seem to see stated anywhere. If I recall correctly, Luke was supplied to us with the Tusken chapter...
  • Options

Well I keep hearing that Luke will be required, which I can't seem to see stated anywhere. If I recall correctly, Luke was supplied to us with the Tusken chapter...

Yes, he was. But also we were given 80 shards for him and now he is the log in character. Also devs have said - this is Luke's journey to become a Jedi.
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Well the shards we keep getting would be a clue we gotten zero of old ben.
  • Options
    Not going to farm old ben he is useless

Not exactly a toon critical to any of the current Meta, but useless is a bit harsh.

He was my +1 for the 9B LS Hard, and was quite useful in getting that 3*.

Not useless just useless to me. Don't even need him for Yoda
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Well the shards we keep getting would be a clue we gotten zero of old ben.

I did not need him for oda either, that's not the point.

So we never got any old Ben shards - so what? Maybe he will be supplied to us like Jawa or maybe its the Dev's hint to get him in regard to the familiar faces comment.

Whatever, if you don't want Old Ben and therefore likely miss out on getting COmmander Skywalker, that up to you. I didn't get Thrawn from his event so...
  • Options

1. This is Luke's story about how he started and went down the path to becoming a Jedi Knight.
    3. Death Star Escape

Old Ben was the most key figure to start Luke on his journey to becoming a Jedi. Old Ben is also a familiar face (to the game and in Luke's story - movies etc.). Old Ben was also present at the Death Star and made the escape of Luke and the other rebels possible.

If you do not want to farm Old Ben, that's fair but from the evidence I would say he is 90% likely a requirement.

This is a sound theory as to why we would need him. But if this game, and these devs, have taught me anything, sound conclusions don't mean much.

I had a similar sound theory as to why Jango was coming with Separatists faction pass...we got Thrawn. Lol! Nothing in their hints pointed to him but yet here he is.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

3. Death Star Escape

This is a sound theory as to why we would need him. But if this game, and these devs, have taught me anything, sound conclusions don't mean much.

I had a similar sound theory as to why Jango was coming with Separatists faction pass...we got Thrawn. Lol! Nothing in their hints pointed to him but yet here he is.

Well the separatist faction pass is coming, so maybe that means Jango will be unchained!
  • Options
    Guys, anyone thinking about the "rejoin". I mean, it's now join, it's rejoin. It means they were already together in the past. Would that mean we will again need the same toons as for the first event?

It's really odd that I can't see anyone debating this word since it's a pretty short clue we got. Every word is worth analysing.
  • Options

3. Death Star Escape

Well the separatist faction pass is coming, so maybe that means Jango will be unchained!

One can hope. Separtatist have been promised for MONTHS now, yet nothing. Hopefully Jango comes with, but I can see them holding him off for Bounty Hunters.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options

And we also got surprised with Pao... didn't see that one coming.. or why... Bistan too just appeared rather quickly. Also, where's Weeteef Cyu-Bee??
  • Options
    You're kidding, right ? There even was a picture of him in-game. A shadow and fleeting view, yes, but enough so that many recognized him.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    You're kidding, right ? There even was a picture of him in-game. A shadow and fleeting view, yes, but enough so that many recognized him.

That was clearly Jango without his helmet. How can people be so blind?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »

Jango became pretty blind once his head got chopped off by Mace
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

Jango became pretty blind once his head got chopped off by Mace

Oh yeah? In which universe? :)

Did he appear in the three prequels, cannot remember him at all?
  • Options

Obviously I was talking about the written HINTS, not the obvious not-so-shadowy figure of Thrawn. (face palm)
  • Options

Obviously I was talking about the written HINTS, not the obvious not-so-shadowy figure of Thrawn. (face palm)

none of the hints pointed at Jango either. You used pure speculation, not facts.
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

none of the hints pointed at Jango either. You used pure speculation, not facts.

Sigh...
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Just read this:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Fett
    Clan Fett was an ancient Mandalorian clan that could trace its lineage back as far as the Mandalorian Wars. Drawing its name from the Basic transliteration of the word vhett, the Mando'a word for farmer, members of the Fett clan throughout the galaxy's history ranged from simple farmers, to conquering Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, in addition to several mercenaries and bounty hunters throughout the years. Over time, Clan Fett developed a reputation for members who were skilled and ruthless in battle, as well as for their efforts to uplift the Mandalorian people.

So they were farmer assassins...