Territory Battles and what we(think we)know. [merged]

Replies

• Options
    I farmed Scout to get EP. Unlocked Soldier from bronzium but unsure how far in I am with him.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Both 7* and gear 11. I farmed them a long time ago before this speculation. Something about liking to try things different then whatever is popular.

No, it hasn't paid off. I don't recommend it.
  • Options
    At least, unlock both and gear them to 7*. I think it won't waste too much energy and like that we will be ready
  • Options
    I have Scout at 7 stars, and Soldier at 49/85. I started farming Soldier a long time ago just for fun, then I stopped.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hoth Rebel Scout 7* g8 (used to unlock palp)
    Hoth Rebel Soldier 4* g7 (33/65)
    Veers 7* G8 (just in case he also gets hoth bonuses)
    Snowtrooper 7* G8 (just in case he also gets hoth bonuses)
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Farming scout (41/65)... Soldier is at 5 stars, and I'm not going to get him to 7 stars
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    6/100....94 shards remaining....g8
    Scout is done
  • dan_lynch_01
    251 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That vid confirms something I'd suspected - The space to the right of Raids is for TB. Which begs the question, what's on the left? Thought that pic did look a little different than what we have now...

Edit for screen cap.
    20914485_1516302888393158_5816238682631582038_n.jpg?oh=2597ad28fbc1041c3f7b8ebf323f35a1&oe=59F074B7
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    How many generic Hoths characters do we need for a small part of TB that people probably haven't farmed yet, Obi?

SI11YgZ.png

Thanks Obi!

What about Veers and SnT

They aren't rebels so won't matter much. Remember, you're playing Galaxy of Rebels.
  • Options
    They also said that about Ugnaught and Jawas for AAT Tank...look how that turned out :))
  • Options
    Scout - maxed (I used him in the good old days and he was really useful for getting Palp first time out)
    Soldier - 45/65 :(
  • Options
    EsCu_TM wrote: »
    They also said that about Ugnaught and Jawas for AAT Tank...look how that turned out :))

I think this will be different as they won't have bonuses like jawas etc but more like a ticket for special missions.
  • Options
    Ask Doc Holliday what you need for TB. He moved to a dry climate and drank a lot.

Subtle, i like it
  • Options
    Scout - 7*

Soldier - 2/65
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    Can't imagine even with a bonus they'd be that op. I may get the one in cantina to 7 stars

Maybe not in the battle - but to be able to enter the battle at all... So without them you'll be royally screwed - and your guildmates will be too.
  • Options
    Sorry, who's TB?
  • Options
    Oh, got it now.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    In my opinion, people are going way overboard with the Hoth Rebel Soldier and Scout because so many people got burnt for Luke. They will likely only provide a small bonus for the rewards gained similar to the way Luke will work, how much of a bonus is up for debate. Although my money is on the bonus not being significant.

Also, they will be usable at low star levels/gear for whatever they're needed. CG has stated our entire collection will be usable, not just 7* collection or g11 collection. It's safe to assume they'll be more effective at higher star, gear, and levels but still usable in any form.
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    I will literally never farm either one because they're both useless

That's what they said about Luke but here I am with CLS at G11

Farmer Luke is more useful than either Hoth character. And they told us we would need him before hand. For TB they told us we need everyone. 7500 units per guild
    Was Farmer Luke better than those 2 before his rework? or after?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options

Farmer Luke is more useful than either Hoth character. And they told us we would need him before hand. For TB they told us we need everyone. 7500 units per guild
    Was Farmer Luke better than those 2 before his rework? or after?

Better than Soldier but worse than Scout
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    81/85. Looks like 3* will be enough but I'm farming him just in case
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    not farming them, kinda hoping my guildmates will ;)

If 20/50 guildmates have them, then all 50 members will only get rewards based on the effort of the 20. That's how I understood the 'fight together, win together' message they announced about everyone contributing for the greater reward for all.

That mentality will hurt the guild as a whole. The more people complete the missions (assuming Soldier is a requirement to even attempt one of the missions), the more rewards the guild earns. Sitting back and riding the coattails of the guildmates who have deep rosters is toxic to the guild. It is not like riding along in raids, where the top people are rewarded for their investments. Rewards will be gated by the bottom of the guild, not the top.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    I see a lot of posts about these two for TB, but was it confirmed somewhere, or is it just speculation at this point? Might as well do scout as I have no one else I really want after FOO is finished. Little hesitant about devoting resources to soldier though.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it, but apparently there is evidence of HRSo being needed for a specific battle during territory. But 3* only. Mine is 3*, but L1G1. I don't have spare resources to put into a toon based on speculation anymore. So until I know for certain that HRSo is a benefit over the 3*, then he will stay there. Learn from the past (jawa/Ugnaugth for HAAT...).
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I haven't seen it, but apparently there is evidence of HRSo being needed for a specific battle during territory. But 3* only. Mine is 3*, but L1G1. I don't have spare resources to put into a toon based on speculation anymore. So until I know for certain that HRSo is a benefit over the 3*, then he will stay there. Learn from the past (jawa/Ugnaugth for HAAT...).

As long as 3-4 star is all that's required, I'm down.
  • Options

7500 units? Where did they say that?

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »

Only problem with HRSo is that he's a long farm, so I would advise anyone who can spare 36 energy a day to farm him
    He took me 8 10 months, but RNG was against me

Edit: don't know why I keep saying 8 months :/
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I'm betting you need soldier and scout to unlock han n leia..
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    I'm betting you need soldier and scout to unlock han n leia..

Well they already leaked that you get Leia shards by doing battles with Captain Han and Luke. So they definitely won't be "needed" for Leia, but they could speed up her acquisition.

Now they may be needed to get Captain Han as we have no idea how he's obtained. Hermit Yoda we know will be available in the store even though we know nothing of his kit, but we have no idea how we are getting Captain Han. If I were a betting man, I'd probably bet on needing them for Captain Han.
This discussion has been closed.