Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    How does this game get new players when they see a requirement like soldier for end game content?

so true... At least give him a couple more hard nodes.... If CHS can be cantina farmable why not him?
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Why does this thread not go to page 1 when someone add a new comment like all the other threads?

Because they've tagged it in such a way that it doesn't do what a normal post does. It's called burying it
  • Options
    Very good point warmonkey
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs --

I am going to assume you are sincere that you want to figure out how to improve communication to avoid this situation. So my suggestion would be this -- let your community relations people off their leashes a little more, so they can actually discuss things with the community. Also, ensure that they understand that communication sometimes requires words and not just memes (as much as I enjoy a good Kozi meme, there are times where those are used to respond to questions and don't provide the clarity that a written out sentence would give).

This entire debacle would have been avoided if your community relations staff, who posted some of the youtube videos to this forum, who responded to posts where the videos were, and who should have been (and whose job presumably includes being) aware of the multitude of posts on this forum discussing the requirements, had simply said "hey guys, it was a beta build, and the requirements are subject to change." That's it. One line, posted BEFORE the packs went live, posted BEFORE people saw the requirements in the game, would have obviated this whole situation.

There is also a speed issue with the communications sometimes. Yesterday is a good example of that. I get that there were a number of bugs and other problems you had to deal with. But again, your community engagement staff are (presumably) not sitting there fixing lines of code. People started asking within a hour or so of launch about the requirements for the ROLO mission. An actual response didn't come out until about 10 hours later. Prior to that, there was ZERO communication on that issue. Not "we will be releasing information later today." Nothing. On the day you are launching a new feature as big as TB, your staff should be on hand for handling those issues, because you know there are going to be issues. Responding quickly, even if the response is to say that there will be more information forthcoming, is important.
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Oh those guys? They are *too easy* to farm...

EDIT: hmm, why is this post here? I posted it on a different thread.
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    Why does this thread not go to page 1 when someone add a new comment like all the other threads?

Because they've tagged it in such a way that it doesn't do what a normal post does. It's called burying it

:/
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    And burying this thread is just another indication that you are hoping this blows over instead of trying to reach out and fix it.
  • Options
    How do you feel about the new changes to TB.

Push 'Up' if you satisfied with the new changes
    Push 'Down' if you are disappointed
  • Options
    Lol we got a kick in the nards. Here you gotta have 7* not 5* lol happy force Friday. Thanks cg
  • Options
    Why is this thread different? I mean we all kind of know why. I just want to hear the "official" reason.
  • Options
    Very disappointed
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Count +1 to 'down', cuz I cant react to my own post.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    And burying this thread is just another indication that you are hoping this blows over instead of trying to reach out and fix it.

Exactly. "We will do better in the future"....by burying a "clarification" thread. So much for the promise of clear communication and open dialogue.

Actions speak louder than customer service tropes. "We want your feedback"...unless it's negative - then we don't give a rip, don't want to take responsibility for our actions and you can go jump in a lake...got it. Loud and clear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I was about to open my wallet and get the $60 CapHan pack but not anymore....

I'm tried or the dern bait and switch from CG I can't keep up with the gear, credits, and energy to level these toons and new ones are coming so so so fast. I don't mind spending a little here and there but I don't have $1000s of dollars to spend on a game so I guess I'll spend nothing from now on!
  • Options
    Super disappointed.
  • Options
    Which new changes? The ROLO special mission and ship combat being LS only? Those more restrictive changes, that allow fewer players to succeed? If you mean those, then of course it feels worse now. It means it will be much longer before the high rewards are given out to most guilds, giving the best an even greater advantage.
  • Options
    I think people is exagerating with this changes. I'm agree with them. Great rewards should be difficult to get, a challenge, and not a gift. I think EA/CG have accustomed us to get all new toons on a easy way. I'm happy with this change.

And no, I'm not a whale, I'm f2p, and I'm not playing since the beginning so my roster is not developed (and my Soldier is only 5*); in case you think I only agree because I meet the requirements.
  • Options
    This is an NGE (Star Wars galaxies) level mistake.
  • Options
    GeheNNa wrote: »
    I think people is exagerating with this changes. I'm agree with them. Great rewards should be difficult to get, a challenge, and not a gift. I think EA/CG have accustomed us to get all new toons on a easy way. I'm happy with this change.

And no, I'm not a whale, I'm f2p, and I'm not playing since the beginning so my roster is not developed (and my Soldier is only 5*); in case you think I only agree because I meet the requirements.

You totally miss the point. I agree that a 7* requirement from the start wouldn't be unreasonable. But they put out info that was false. People spent based on false info. Making a change after people spent based on false info is inexcusable, and unacceptable.
  • Options
    The problem isnt that they made some mistake.
    No.

It is that they made it AGAIN.
    And AGAIN.
    AGAIN.

I tried being constructive.
    I tried being helpful.
    I tried being patient.
    I tried giving good advices.

Then they IGNORE US AGAIN!
  • OneWorldAway
    545 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey I'll be honest, I agree things should be hard to get. However it was advertised and openly known as a five star requirement. The consumer base was duped. If they wanted to change to seven star, fine. Just say so before dropping the packs and moving the requirement back. This was done incorrectly and unprofessionally. After constantly being called out on their communication, the producers should know better.

*Edit: to add, this did nothing except break an already dwindling trust between the company and consumers.
  • Options

Hey I'll be honest, I agree things should be hard to get. However it was advertised and openly known as a five star requirement. The consumer base was duped. If they wanted to change to seven star, fine. Just say so before dropping the packs and moving the requirement back. This was done incorrectly and unprofessionally. After constantly being called out on their communication, the producers should know better.

*Edit: to add, this did nothing except break an already dwindling trust between the company and consumers.

An apology can do miracles.
    It is free, as well.
  • Options
    So much negativity over a game, a free one nonetheless.
    Go enjoy the release guys! It's Friday!
    It will take longer to get ROLO, but she will be ours!
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Of course she will ... along with Cholo and Hoda. All 7* obviously. Probably G11. So start farming like crazy.

(and of course noboby knows anything about what happens in a not even announced event. And no, you are not getting any indication, response or vague reply from and devs. Sorry.)

Have to agree with you. The only thing we actually have to go by are 2 new achievements that they added with the update.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    b06af3tt wrote: »
    This is an NGE (Star Wars galaxies) level mistake.

Let's not go that far! They are getting there, but they are not quite SOE (yet)

edit: anyone know if any of the forum mods, who kindly do EA's work for them, have resigned in protest? Because THAT is when you know you are approaching SOE level of badness
  • Options
    Dropped about a grand or so in last 6 weeks, won't spend another penny now due to the fact the devs lie to us constantly. They need people who pay for the game to survive, and will lose a tonne of us if they continue to mislead us on requirements. There is NO cover up here, no miss communication ****, just straight up lies with regards to requirements to force us to buy the packs. You should be ashamed of yourselves you money grabbing lying ***holes.

Lol good for them! I love it when people just spend a lot of money and only after they spend it, they decide to never spend again! Who's win is this actually?
    Yours or CG's lol.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I love burying the topic, instead of hearing the customer's needs and wants. The hits keep coming with this one.

• Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    (Redacted)
This discussion has been closed.