Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    You know what, I actually agree with this. This is the first time I've seen them say sorry, we messed up, it will not happen again. I gotta give a little bit of props here.

Lol. THey didn't say sorry. They said somebody else screwed up, we'll tell them to be more careful next time. Thanks for the money.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DarthScott wrote: »
    Somehow this thread is bumping back to the top of discussions so more people see it. A very convenient glitch.

An ironic start to "doing better in the future" - letting the clarification thread slip away. CG's actions scream so loud, that I can't hear what they post anymore.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Why not put HR Soldier into GW, Cantina, Arena, or shard shop as a sign of good faith? It's the least that could be done.
  • Options
    Regardless of whether they acknowledge it and apologize, I still don't get how anyone could think that changing major requirements AFTER videos were released to the public was an acceptable idea. True the youtube videos aren't not done by EA but they invited them to their studios to make videos knowing they would be published, which is the same thing.

So they decide to change the requirements to make it harder, fine. At that point then it should of been communicated to the public knowing it was all over the boards that you only needed 5* Soldier/CHS so that was mistake #2.

I spent $200+ getting him to 5* and feel like a dolt for giving them the money after this debacle. Not spending the rest to 7* him after being tricked regardless of whether it was intentional or not.
  • Options
    Besides the "miscommunication" of details. The second most disturbing peace of all this is how easily it was to throw the Game Changers under the bus. I don't know these people personally, but outside the Star Wars brand they do more for the game than anyone else. They are the life force for EA/CG to keep this game going in the community. And to put blame on them is low. Hey, I didn't do it but they did. What are we 3 years old? They got the content from you. You had a developer on one video. You approved the videos and content that was shared. You run the official forums where all the discussions took place after the videos. So who is really at fault? Don't push blame on others. That looks really bad.
  • Options
    Beats wrote: »
    Why not put HR Soldier into GW, Cantina, Arena, or shard shop as a sign of good faith? It's the least that could be done.

This is not a, "least that can be done" situation. This is a situation where you put on you big boy/girl underpants, and fix your mistake. Putting him in a shipment won't make people feel less like they were deceived out of money. They can set the requirements for the ROLO mission exactly as they were in the videos everyone saw, or they can expect people not to trust them.
  • Options
    I have played this game for awhile and have spent more than I would like to admit. I would consider myself an on and off again dolphin. The videos that were released were taken that they were near finalized versions of TB. Especially when they came with the tag that TB was to be released VERY soon. With that "knowledge" many scrambled to get HRSoldier to 5*. I was conveniently 45 shards short of 5* when the update rolled out with the packs. I made the decision to buy the pack (the highest non-crystal pack I've ever purchased) with the idea that I would be helping my guild becoming another player that could participate in the special mission. Hitting Buy was tough, but I immediately felt good thinking I was another positive number for our guild. So it is quite disheartening to hear this clarification.

I'm not asking that you always bow to the demands of the community. However, I feel this is a very unique situation, and one where a lot of lessons can be learned. Going back to the 5* requirements would be a tremendous show of good faith to the community. Hoth Rebel Soldier is still one of the tougher farms in the game, so it is still not making immediate access for all (which I feel is what you wanted to prevent). Also 5* exceeds the star level requirements for Phase 3 (4*) which seems fair for a special mission. I know I'm just a random player on the forum, but I hope you seriously consider rethinking the requirements. I think making this change would turn a bad situation into a win for CG/EA.

• Options
    I've gotta say you guys completely messed the bed this time. With so much back lash, you're standing pat? You only give 30 shards when many are 185 away from being at your NEW requirement. How should we get those 155 shards devs? We only have one hard mode to farm.
    You guys need to fix this. And I mean NEED to fix this
  • Options
    I have played this game for awhile and have spent more than I would like to admit. I would consider myself an on and off again dolphin. The videos that were released were taken that they were near finalized versions of TB. Especially when they came with the tag that TB was to be released VERY soon. With that "knowledge" many scrambled to get HRSoldier to 5*. I was conveniently 45 shards short of 5* when the update rolled out with the packs. I made the decision to buy the pack (the highest non-crystal pack I've ever purchased) with the idea that I would be helping my guild becoming another player that could participate in the special mission. Hitting Buy was tough, but I immediately felt good thinking I was another positive number for our guild. So it is quite disheartening to hear this clarification.

I'm not asking that you always bow to the demands of the community. However, I feel this is a very unique situation, and one where a lot of lessons can be learned. Going back to the 5* requirements would be a tremendous show of good faith to the community. Hoth Rebel Soldier is still one of the tougher farms in the game, so it is still not making immediate access for all (which I feel is what you wanted to prevent). Also 5* exceeds the star level requirements for Phase 3 (4*) which seems fair for a special mission. I know I'm just a random player on the forum, but I hope you seriously consider rethinking the requirements. I think making this change would turn a bad situation into a win for CG/EA.

We agree on the only acceptable solution. I would say though, that doing the right thing by your customer at this point isn't going to be a win. It's damage control. They need to stop the bleeding.
  • Options
    So how is taking back August working out for ya?
  • Options
    Just about everyone in my guild who bought the pack is an angry kitten about this. I mean downright livid and taking real action. Not me, luckily ... I just happened to have farmed the hard way. But if they had made Lobot required, I would have been in the same boat.

Why? It did not have to be this way. Just be up front about all the requirements. Stop being so evasive. Your reputation is worth more than this.

And post the real odds for those shard packs in the store.
  • Options
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    Besides the "miscommunication" of details. The second most disturbing peace of all this is how easily it was to throw the Game Changers under the bus. I don't know these people personally, but outside the Star Wars brand they do more for the game than anyone else. They are the life force for EA/CG to keep this game going in the community. And to put blame on them is low. Hey, I didn't do it but they did. What are we 3 years old? They got the content from you. You had a developer on one video. You approved the videos and content that was shared. You run the official forums where all the discussions took place after the videos. So who is really at fault? Don't push blame on others. That looks really bad.

I agree, it was really low to throw them under the bus especially when they really love the game and post quality content. They should stop making excuses for themselves and make a state of the galaxy post stating this is all of their fault (which it is) and somehow make it right to the community.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I thought the bright side was that I never have to spend money or trust CG/EA to do the right thing ever again. There's that too. :D

:lol:

P.S. They never asked me if I wanted to be a mod :frowning: I guess I didn't fit their standards :unamused:
  • Options
    I think you all are taking this a little too hard. If it's that big a deal, speak with your wallets or time. Believe it or not, forum venting is probably not going to change anything. I've moved on. This has always been a grind it game, how is this so shocking now?
  • Options
    You know what, I actually agree with this. This is the first time I've seen them say sorry, we messed up, it will not happen again. I gotta give a little bit of props here.

How does that help anyone who spent $60 under false pretenses? The only right move here is to change the requirements back.

Edit: you did say "little bit." Okay, fair enough
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    I thought the bright side was that I never have to spend money or trust CG/EA to do the right thing ever again. There's that too. :D

P.S. They never asked me if I wanted to be a mod :frowning: I guess I didn't fit their standards :unamused:

How can you be mad at buying that pack???? Doesn't matter if it got you 5* or not, those 55 shards saved so many people at least a month and a half of farming. Not to mention it had 2 cuffs, 2 guns, a gear piece to help out a fully geared CLS get halfway to g12, a piece to get R2 to g12, and included a bunch of gear you could use on toons.

Not saying this isn't a mistake and we are all at least a little frustrated (and I always think the devs are great jobs), but the pack was still and awesome deal and people should not be mad at it
  • Options
    Displacing the blame is so low. Ugh.
  • Options

How does that help anyone who spent $60 under false pretenses? The only right move here is to change the requirements back.

Edit: you did say "little bit." Okay, fair enough
    Bobby777 wrote: »

How can you be mad at buying that pack???? Doesn't matter if it got you 5* or not, those 55 shards saved so many people at least a month and a half of farming. Not to mention it had 2 cuffs, 2 guns, a gear piece to help out a fully geared CLS get halfway to g12, a piece to get R2 to g12, and included a bunch of gear you could use on toons.

Not saying this isn't a mistake and we are all at least a little frustrated (and I always think the devs are great jobs), but the pack was still and awesome deal and people should not be mad at it

It really was a great deal. So many gold toons in my arena shard thanks to that pack.
  • Options
    I just want my money back. Keep the requirement at 7* if you like, but give me back the money I spent to 5* HRSoldier, thinking I was going to be able to utilize this content.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

There is an easy fix for this conundrum. Revert the requirements back to 5*. Alot of damage has been done already. Unfortunately you guys (CG) have lost the benefit of the doubt, but reverting the requirements is a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    I think you all are taking this a little too hard. If it's that big a deal, speak with your wallets or time. Believe it or not, forum venting is probably not going to change anything. I've moved on. This has always been a grind it game, how is this so shocking now?

Giving people false info for profit is a big deal. It's not just making an unpopular game feature that people can decide not to spend on. They were responsible (They were. NOT the YouTubers.) for video previews of content. Then they sold a product to people based on that preview. Then they changed the game after they had people's money. People can vote with their wallets in the future, but that doesn't repair the damage that EA/CG has done to themselves with this community. And members of my guild are doing way more than forum venting to correct matters.
  • Options

It has nothing to do with grinding, the problem is a lot of people paid quite a bit of money BASED on information authorized by CG then they changed it just prior to launch nullifying their purchases unless they spent a lot more.

• Options
    For the peeps that spent money. Just ask for a refund from your provider (Apple) etc. they do have a category saying. The content of buying something was a lie by the developer. Paraphrasing that. When lots of refunds start to happen. It catches there attention.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Giving people false info for profit is a big deal. It's not just making an unpopular game feature that people can decide not to spend on. They were responsible (They were. NOT the YouTubers.) for video previews of content. Then they sold a product to people based on that preview. Then they changed the game after they had people's money. People can vote with their wallets in the future, but that doesn't repair the damage that EA/CG has done to themselves with this community. And members of my guild are doing way more than forum venting to correct matters.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that most people bought that pack for the gear. The hoth brothers shards were a bonus. Nobody should be complaining about that pack.
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Greetings Holotable Heroes!
    Thank you all for your enthusiastic support of our brand new Territory Battles feature. We have been just as excited to bring you news and updates as we approached release. We saw record levels of player participation in game and across media channels.
    In order to provide information in advance of a feature launch, we share with our Game Changers and Media outlets preliminary builds of our features. We'll be working to continue (and improve) this transparency around the future of SWGOH as much and as often as we can.
    One balancing act we traverse is when showing too much too early can lead to missed expectations with our players.
    One such expectation is regarding the requirements around the Hoth Rebel Soldier in Territory Battles. A few of the more popular media shares, despite having a 'Development Build' tag in the videos, may not have conveyed that the details in these builds were still in development and subject to change.
    Because that may not have been clear, we decided to include 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier Shards in the game wide 'Territory Battles Thank You' inbox gift provided on 8/31.
    Continuing onward, we can and will be even more clear. We know you all enjoy sneak peeks and we're just as eager to share what we've got going on for future releases.
    This all said, for clarification:
    Hoth Rebel Soldier is required to be 7* to complete the Rebel Officer Leia Organa Special mission.
    Please know that we've taken the action to be more clear in our future messaging, and know that we have many many more exciting adventures and features to bring to all of you.
    See you on the Holotables!
    -Carrie

Thank you, Carrie. Would have appreciated a note pre-launch, in the patchnotes. However, this kind of communication is appreciated by players like me. Seems to be the minority, but still. Much appreciated for the insight.

Is there any particular reason 7* was decided upon instead of 5? Was the intent to make the character feel more "exclusive" or to slow down the rate of acquisition or something?
  • Options

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that most people bought that pack for the gear. The hoth brothers shards were a bonus. Nobody should be complaining about that pack.

You are definitely going out on a limb. People in my guild spent hundreds getting Han to 5* so he'd be ready for the TB this week. That is the ONLY reason they bought it. They were very clearly informed in official videos that 5* is what was required. That's why they spent. And now they are livid.
  • Options

Just the opposite. I wanted the shards and the gear pushed me over the top. But the shards were my priority. I wanted to be able to help my guild with the special mission. This switcheroo is just unacceptable.
  • Options

You are definitely going out on a limb. People in my guild spent hundreds getting Han to 5* so he'd be ready for the TB this week. That is the ONLY reason they bought it. They were very clearly informed in official videos that 5* is what was required. That's why they spent. And now they are livid.

I do not believe you, sorry.
    The pack is a great deal for gear alone, there are people at GXII already solely due to the packs.
    People are freaking out too much, there's nothing to be refunded and life goes on.
  • Options

I do not believe you, sorry.
    The pack is a great deal for gear alone, there are people at GXII already solely due to the packs.
    People are freaking out too much, there's nothing to be refunded and life goes on.

You don't believe that people spent money to meet the requirements of the new game mode? Go back through this post and read all the quotes from people who spent money for that exact reason. They did that based on misleading info. If you think that's an acceptable way to do business you must practice law.
This discussion has been closed.