Content Update 9/20/2017 (MEGA)

Replies

• Options
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    its good change. now i can focus on buying zetas instead of gear

Agree!

And rewarding veteran players is a good thing. 5 stun guns today for a few hundred shard shop currency. Fantastic move. Keep it coming.
  • Options
    Like someone already mentioned I don't mind the £20 pack for 80 shards of one char in an attempt to meet deadline. But trying to force £70+ for all when I already have 3 of them at 7 stars is insulting.
  • Options
    Remember during tourneys when AP were purchaseable via GW shop? With the new shard shop rework, bringing AP back to GW is worth more than 20k gems... in the long run that is... put down your torches and pitchforks and think longterm... f2p can progress, and whales are still gonna whale...
  • Options
    Lol awesome.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Jay_1997_C wrote: »
    Dude I'm sorry but you should've been farming FO and resistance since everyone realised the new toons would be released in this kind of way :( I know it sucks but pre planning works, and sometimes the risk pays off

Not only that but Kozi flat out and said "YOU WILL NEED FO!" Almost verbatim; if that wasn't a huge hint I dont know what is...

I started farming FO as soon as I saw that, since I hadn't gotten to them yet. Even so, there's no way I'll have a 5* squad in two more weeks, even with three days of double drops. It's all psychology... get people hyped for new character, but give them just barely enough time to get it without spending money or being a long time player. Like the rest of the legendaries, I'll probably get BB8 second time around. By then I should have a decent resistance squad to put him in.
  • Options
    Finally, gear pieces have been removed from Fleet Arena Store. Additional character shards, as well as other materials, will be added to Fleet Arena Store in subsequent updates.

Everybody is talking about the first part, but why has no-one mentioned the last part?

"other materials"

What other materials? Ship Omega's? Ship Hardware Abilities? Credits? Something totally new?

• GodEmperorAnakin
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Lol no the shard shop is not better. It cost a lot more to convert those shards in the first place than it EVER would to buy the gear for fleet currency.....and rewarding veterans?? What do you think this game constantly does, they could care less about people wanting to start playing or those that haven't been playing long enough to have at least 30+ 7* toons, They only care about the fish who will spend big money. Or the f2p that have been around since day 1 like I said. For MOST players, this was the biggest kitten move of all time now they can't get gear to save their lives
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Options
    Granted this doesn't exactly apply to me, but this post was for the ones it does apply for, the thousands n thousands of players who can barely get enough shards to stay afloat, let alone convert anything to the shard shop
  • Options
    ReveNCZ wrote: »
    its good change. now i can focus on buying zetas instead of gear

That makes no sense. You could focus on that before. Nobody was stopping you. But I could buy cuffs if I wanted for the best price out of any shop. Before we both had a choice.

So now for you absolutely nothing has changed. But they took something away from me that I'm really mad about losing. I hate this.
  • tialishomaaroma
    61 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    marketing is marketing, but why you want to get rid of all f2p players? im a fan of this game, but i can say, that some of the lastest updates are bad for game in general ( this one is fine, only fleet store is not needed anymore, so even less people will play ships ) f2p players are the ones, who are mostly rating this game in play store, so if rating is going down, game is getting less money. im allways reading coments about game, before im trying it out. so better add new content for p2p people, not take away content from f2p players.
    im buying sometimes, but i know a lot of people who dont buy, and you made them angry again. you made me angry, but im over it now. :smile:

good luck
  • Options
    They don't care enough to give us that
  • Options
    They're umm asleep, you know ? Basic human function, timezones, stuff like that...
  • Options
    It's at latest 5am there. Are you at work at 5am?
  • Options
    Lol no the shard shop is not better. It cost a lot more to convert those shards in the first place than it EVER would to buy the gear for fleet currency.....and rewarding veterans?? What do you think this game constantly does, they could care less about people wanting to start playing or those that haven't been playing long enough to have at least 30+ 7* toons, They only care about the fish who will spend big money. Or the f2p that have been around since day 1 like I said. For MOST players, this was the biggest **** move of all time now they can't get gear to save their lives

You're supposed to buy the gear. All the vets that are benefiting now never had the fleet shop. For a long time, they never had a raid either for gear. Didn't have the level 85 challenges. Anyone playing now has it so much easier than any veteran had it starting out. They don't make the most $ on veterans because we have a larger % of the roster already accumulated and built - they make it on the newbs that have to come in and start from scratch - just like they did with the current veterans.

Also on the cost - to a veteran and converting shards - that costs nothing because you have so much excess capacity in stores that converting them has no cost. If I burn Cantina currency as I earn it just from playing and still have 20k in the bank, who cares? Also, you get 3-6+ shards from GW a day, steady shards from burning ally points, and repeat shards from events as they come up (ewoks, etc.). This one of the best changes they've made in regards to gear to players in position to utilize it.
  • Options
    What are you not getting.... MOST players do not HAVE 20k shard shop currency they can just burn thru....they do not have every single toon at 7* to be able to just convert all the currency they want.
  • Options
    Lol no the shard shop is not better. It cost a lot more to convert those shards in the first place than it EVER would to buy the gear for fleet currency.....and rewarding veterans?? What do you think this game constantly does, they could care less about people wanting to start playing or those that haven't been playing long enough to have at least 30+ 7* toons, They only care about the fish who will spend big money. Or the f2p that have been around since day 1 like I said. For MOST players, this was the biggest **** move of all time now they can't get gear to save their lives

You're supposed to buy the gear. All the vets that are benefiting now never had the fleet shop. For a long time, they never had a raid either for gear. Didn't have the level 85 challenges. Anyone playing now has it so much easier than any veteran had it starting out. They don't make the most $ on veterans because we have a larger % of the roster already accumulated and built - they make it on the newbs that have to come in and start from scratch - just like they did with the current veterans.

Also on the cost - to a veteran and converting shards - that costs nothing because you have so much excess capacity in stores that converting them has no cost. If I burn Cantina currency as I earn it just from playing and still have 20k in the bank, who cares? Also, you get 3-6+ shards from GW a day, steady shards from burning ally points, and repeat shards from events as they come up (ewoks, etc.). This one of the best changes they've made in regards to gear to players in position to utilize it.

Adding gear to Shard Shop is fine. I won't spend currency there, but that's my choice. Taking gear out of Fleet is a horrible change, and I hate it. Not "the best" at all.
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon seeing as how cheap the gear is in the shard shop I would be ok with it being removed from fleet shipments if it had been replaced with some of the unfarmable ships we need for platoons but as it is there is now nothing to farm other than extra zetas in fleet shipments for those of us that have every farmable ship 7 starred.

Could you guys at least consider some of these ships in there for us? I bought that Kylo shuttle for £40.00 on good faith that at some point I would be able to farm it and yet all this time later it is still unavailable and permanently benched.

These extra ships would help add some diversity to the rather stale fleet arena!
  • Options
    Wut??
  • Options
    30 minutes later and over a hundred views and nobody can see the sense in this?

Okay sure, your gonna have to push the bronzium purchase button alot, a whole heck of alot... but shard shop 2.0 already demands this.

If i remember correctly the ratio was 15k AP for 2k GW shop currency. That would be worth the increase in bronzium button mashing.
  • Options
    It was 1200 GW currency for 18k ap
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    (Not my quote) With 1200 fleet arena tokens we would get 10 stun cuffs. Now we will get 12 ship shards x19=228 shard shop points. Which buy about 7 stun cuffs
  • Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    (Not my quote) With 1200 fleet arena tokens we would get 10 stun cuffs. Now we will get 12 ship shards x19=228 shard shop points. Which buy about 7 stun cuffs

Then you're getting your shard shop currency in the wrong place. Check places like GW, squad arena store, and cantina store, which are much easier to max out and you don't have to sacrifice getting zetas from.

Really, if you were getting your stun cuffs from the fleet arena before you may have been doing yourself more harm than good. That store is best for zetas, and some ship shards or fleet shop only characters if need be.

They removed a bad decision from you (spending fleet tokens on gear) and gave you a better one.
  • Options
    I love this update, but the one thing I don't like that nobody is mentioning is that the new missions require the same groups. Why can't we broaden this a little bit and give other grounds some love? Why not make the new missions require Jawas, Clones, and/or Resistance? Give us reasons to gear up/play with these teams. Why all the rebel love?
  • Options
    I want it back very much.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Bennehftw wrote: »

They removed a bad decision from you (spending fleet tokens on gear) and gave you a better one.

But it was our decision not theirs or you are going to tell me that you like people telling you what you can/should buy and can't/shouldn't buy according to their views...

• Options
    #1 please give that slider... have over 1mill ally points. And it's growing, since im not using it because it takes way to long to spend