The shard shop 2.0 IS AMAZING [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Shard shop gear is free - no cost - once you have a well rounded roster. Han Solo shards from raid...straight to the shard shop no cost. GK shards from HAAT - no cost. 3-6 shards from GW daily - no cost. Every 10k ally points or so I burn bronzium and get 200+ shards typically...again no cost for those. Events that provide redundant shards like Ewoks, Empire, Separatist, etc...no cost. Now, once you have Arena, Cantina, and Guild stores farmed and have whatever level banked you prefer, any additional currency eared after that can be used to farm redundant toons for the shard shop. That's 10 shards from arena at least, 5-10 from guild currency, and 5-10 or so depending on spend in Cantina. At some point from TB, we will be getting excess ROLO shards - top guilds 50 per TB once she's 7*. Long-term you'll see just how strong this move is for farming gear. You want to be using your fleet currency on ships and zetas anyway.

Sorry, but I really laughed at your post :smile:
    I tried to stay serious, but when I read about excess ROLO shards can't stand it :smile:
    Maybe you are right, but I am beginner and have just 61 toons at 7* and 8 at 6* and obviously have to work really hard to achieve "well rounded roster" :smiley:
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Shard shop gear is free - no cost - once you have a well rounded roster. Han Solo shards from raid...straight to the shard shop no cost. GK shards from HAAT - no cost. 3-6 shards from GW daily - no cost. Every 10k ally points or so I burn bronzium and get 200+ shards typically...again no cost for those. Events that provide redundant shards like Ewoks, Empire, Separatist, etc...no cost. Now, once you have Arena, Cantina, and Guild stores farmed and have whatever level banked you prefer, any additional currency eared after that can be used to farm redundant toons for the shard shop. That's 10 shards from arena at least, 5-10 from guild currency, and 5-10 or so depending on spend in Cantina. At some point from TB, we will be getting excess ROLO shards - top guilds 50 per TB once she's 7*. Long-term you'll see just how strong this move is for farming gear. You want to be using your fleet currency on ships and zetas anyway.

Sorry, but I really laughed at your post :smile:
    I tried to stay serious, but when I read about excess ROLO shards can't stand it :smile:
    Maybe you are right, but I am beginner and have just 61 toons at 7* and 8 at 6* and obviously have to work really hard to achieve "well rounded roster" :smiley:

Yes, it's takes probably 18+ months to get to that position? Eventually though it comes.

Also, I mistyped above -- I don't get 200+ shards out of 10k bronze, I get about 200 shard shop currency worth of shards, so 10-15 shards on average.
  • BarrissOffee
    45 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Have 70k shard store credits saved. Already maxed all shard farms from gw & arena stores plus got 1M+ ally points to burn for bronziums. Now getting cuffs, carbantis, guns, gold raid gear for approx 200 credits each. Even the new g11->g12 gear is available! Hallelujah!
  • Options
    Corvus wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    The new shard shop has prices that are much better per piece - and that's assuming that all currency is equal value

Sorry, but I compare prices above and comparison shows that shard shop is more expensive than Fleet shop

@pargame Your math is flawed. 6 stun cuff salvage in the Shard Shop is now 186 (that's 31 Shard currency per salvage). In fleet, 5 stun cuff salvage was 600 (as per Leef's pic) that's 120 currency per salvage piece. I fail to understand how 120 is a "better deal" than 31. Similar situations exist regarding mk5 stun guns. Those are the two gear pieces that a majority of players are short.

And again, that's operating under the presumption that all currencies are equal. Fleet currency, since it is the ONLY way to buy Zeta, is more valuable in my opinion. I don't care if I have two options if one of them is always bad.

Doesn't matter.
    Who are you or anyone else for that matter to tell me what I can buy in fleet arena.
    I have a few toons zeta, but an currently sitting on 40+ Zetas because I don't have the character geared enough to zeta.
    You are making my point exactly. Now you can gear those toons easier and cheaper through shard shop. And make use of those zetas. And buy more zetas.

For early game players, the change isn't particularly helpful. For anyone who has been playing, it's fantastic.

Today in GW - I dropped 4 shards I don't need. That's 2 pieces of stun cuff or stun gun salvage from the shard shop. That's helping with the gear grind.

And how exactly does removing the gear from fleetshipment helps? In reality its not a help its a shift and thats about it a shift with a price increase...

it's a price increase if you keep buying gear with fleet tokens, that is true. Nobody can deny that.
    You do however get alot in return, wich includes the ability to get more gear faster at the cost of shards out of any of the shops ingame.
    I don't see how people gladly exchange fleet tokens for gear, but get peeved about getting the option to use every single token in the game + excess shards to buy gear in return.

+1000

I also don't understand why people are upset about the removal of an option that was a poor economic decision. I mean, I guess, in the "instant gratification" world we live in, it makes sense. But it baffles me that people are trying to logically argue that gear at a lesser price with more ways to obtain the necessary currency instead of over-priced gear in a store (and the ONLY one) that sells, arguably, the most important item in the game (zeta), is somehow a "bad decision". lol

First the gear in the shard shop is more expensive how you can't see that baffles me. Second zetas are not more importand than gear, I was sitting on more than 40 zeta mats with no idea who to put them on and in addition at 15k fleet currency (no need to buy zetas) before I started to buy gear from there which helped a lot...

Excellent points all. +1000000
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    After 2 days of Shard Store 2.0 I have seen cuffs once. They appear in only one slot so far as I have seen. So I reiterate that it's nice to have, but not doing much for the gear crunch if you aren't refreshing it repeatedly for crystals. It's a slow trickle of free gear, which is good.

However it's not enough to make me not spitting angry that my favorite source of cuffs, and guns (fleet store) had gear taken away.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Krynn, you can still convert your fleet currency into shard shop currency. Yes, the gear is a little more expensive, but it's not like the game is preventing you from doing so.

PS: I am completely free to play and this is a godly move for me and most people in my situation. It's perhaps the most unwhaley thing EA has done for this game in a long, long time.

Well I still have ships to farm there.
    I had a great system going

I know I'm going to get 1800 at pay out. I always save 4-800 for the lunch time refresh, incase a rare ship showed up like Vader or maul.
    After that If I had anything left id spend it in the evening before bed again if I had an abundance, I'd spend and save what I needed for lunch time refresh.
    Other than the rare ships, I always just farm one maybe two specific ship when it showed up, and when completed I'd work on another set.

Once I got what I needed max, I started buying zeta until I had all the toons that were ready for zeta done.

Now I've just been farming gear and the odd ship and character. Currently sitting on 40+ zeta and haven't bought any in months, all the while farming toons as usual.

This move is a bad move.
    The shard shop update would have been great if they just left the fleet shop alone.

Eventually I'll have all the ships and character max from the fleet shop then what? Spend on zeta? I don't have the toons now that are ready for them, and I'll have more with the challenges to probably keep me going for awhile

Now there seems to be a trend where every 6-8 weeks they drop a new legendary character on us, that now requires specific toons. On top of TB which guilds want you to work towards, trying to stay in top of arena, farming whatever other toons you need, plus raids, f2p players just don't have the time or resources for that matter to farm already max toons.

This doesn't help the gear crunch like people wanted. For some, but not for a lot.

Also as someone else pointed out, cuffs so far appear in only one spot. They appeared in two in fleet, and so far I haven't seen a single one. I was able to buy 10 cuffs some days in fleets.

I think they popped up in more than 2 spots in Fleet. Either 3 or 4. I bought 30 cuffs in a day there before.
  • Options
    Meh..they gutted the hell out of it though

Not really. It wasn't really worth it to use shard currency on characters other than Grevious and whoever the "special offer" character was at the time. Most of that currency should have been going to gear.

We still have Grevious. All we lost of real value was the special offer character and that was replaced by affordable raid gear. I feel like it is a very worthwhile trade.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    I play in guild with 45kk Gp. Mostly ftp but players are spending small amounts for a game. We have two players with CLS. We made 22 stars in last TB. We dont have all toons7*. We support each other a lot.
    So what this update means for my gild:

1. More time to gear toons. We lost possibility to use fleet currency to buy stun cuffs and guns and change ratio is higher using shard shop.
    2. We are farming toons needed for TB PheoniX and R1 toons. We can only get those shards from stores. We cannot use them for a shard shop. I hope this is understood by every player.
    3. There is need to farm First Order toons now so we also cannot covert those shards from LS/DS battles. I will add also that we do farm HRs HRc.
    4. If we will finish phase of farming toons we need for TB combat missions, we could use store to convert shards in shard shop but for my guild it means slowing down growth in GP points. Couse there is so many toons to have more stars on them and it is giving a lot of Gp for guild.
    so from the point of the player who has enough toons needed for TB and some shard currency this update could be good but for now players in my guild are quite disapointed. Btw, also in GW we have a lot of problems to finish so there small possibility to have 15 shards from GW store daily. One of our best players couldnt finish GW for last three days. This solution to remove gear from fleet store for us means just a gamble from bronzium. TB is very important for my guild and we cannot afford to convert shards we need. This is our point of view.

lol.

Cmon everyone has shard currency...
  • Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Meh..they gutted the hell out of it though

Not really. It wasn't really worth it to use shard currency on characters other than Grevious and whoever the "special offer" character was at the time. Most of that currency should have been going to gear.

We still have Grevious. All we lost of real value was the special offer character and that was replaced by affordable raid gear. I feel like it is a very worthwhile trade.

This.
    Only characters in Shard Shop worth anything is/has been:

Baze
    Krennic
    DN
    ATF
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    I play in guild with 45kk Gp. Mostly ftp but players are spending small amounts for a game. We have two players with CLS. We made 22 stars in last TB. We dont have all toons7*. We support each other a lot.
    So what this update means for my gild:

1. More time to gear toons. We lost possibility to use fleet currency to buy stun cuffs and guns and change ratio is higher using shard shop.
    2. We are farming toons needed for TB PheoniX and R1 toons. We can only get those shards from stores. We cannot use them for a shard shop. I hope this is understood by every player.
    3. There is need to farm First Order toons now so we also cannot covert those shards from LS/DS battles. I will add also that we do farm HRs HRc.
    4. If we will finish phase of farming toons we need for TB combat missions, we could use store to convert shards in shard shop but for my guild it means slowing down growth in GP points. Couse there is so many toons to have more stars on them and it is giving a lot of Gp for guild.
    so from the point of the player who has enough toons needed for TB and some shard currency this update could be good but for now players in my guild are quite disapointed. Btw, also in GW we have a lot of problems to finish so there small possibility to have 15 shards from GW store daily. One of our best players couldnt finish GW for last three days. This solution to remove gear from fleet store for us means just a gamble from bronzium. TB is very important for my guild and we cannot afford to convert shards we need. This is our point of view.

lol.

Cmon everyone has shard currency...

oh really ?!? how do you know that ?
  • Options
    Thanks for the shop updates.....wait.....no they garbage now. Fleet store was a big way to supplement gear...no anymore. Shard shop was a good way to farm some extra shards mainly Vader and his ship, with the bonus of being able to get fully crafted gear....nope they took that too. Thanks.

Really what the thought process behind this change was it makes no sense to me.
  • Options

I agree mostly with what you are saying but the 10k ally points turns into 200+ shards is a joke. If you mean 200+ shard shop currency than I could mayb agree with you but I burnt over 1mill ally points on bronziums and barely broke 200 shards.

That being said, shard shop was created for whales and people who have been playing for a long time. It was never meant for new players so removing things that p2p and long term players dont need just makes sense. I love the change there. But I wish fleet shop still had gear to give us more choices and help out the newer people.

• Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »

I agree mostly with what you are saying but the 10k ally points turns into 200+ shards is a joke. If you mean 200+ shard shop currency than I could mayb agree with you but I burnt over 1mill ally points on bronziums and barely broke 200 shards.

That being said, shard shop was created for whales and people who have been playing for a long time. It was never meant for new players so removing things that p2p and long term players dont need just makes sense. I love the change there. But I wish fleet shop still had gear to give us more choices and help out the newer people.

He already clarified the 200 thing. It was 200+ currency, not shards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    The Elephant in the room no one talks about.

F2P had an advantage in the fleet shop for obtaining gear many long time players never had when starting out. Offering up this gear in the fleet store was a middle finger to p2p and long time players who had to go through the grind. I'm glad gear was removed from the fleet store, because we all need to have skin in the game without giving free hand outs.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options

F2P had an advantage in the fleet shop for obtaining gear many long time players never had when starting out. Offering up this gear in the fleet store was a middle finger to p2p and long time players who had to go through the grind. I'm glad gear was removed from the fleet store, because we all need to have skin in the game without giving free hand outs.

lol , i think you are this kind of whale who are losing against f2p isn't it
  • Options
    Those people who support this will quickly realize how much of a bad move it was. The changes to shard shop are objectively worse because:
    1) raid gear is no longer there
    2) only gear THAT WAS ALREADY farmable in ls/ds nodes appears there.

Your shards are even more useless because of this. It's way easier and more efficient to spend a day blowing energy on a node for the same amount of gear.

People who are more casual will hit the raid gear wall and be begging for either lower cost rancor raids, or more means of obtaining raid gear ...
  • Options

You must be joking about advantage of ftp with gear in fleet store. And Yes it is a good idea to have skin in the game. After some time there will be You only You and only You. And for sure your ftp guildmates (if You have any) will agree with You..
  • Options
    BryantBub wrote: »
    Those people who support this will quickly realize how much of a bad move it was. The changes to shard shop are objectively worse because:

Raid gear is indeed still in the shard shop, for the same 252 currency for 3. Granted it doesn't appear as often anymore, and you can't buy the full raid piece (which was terrible value anyway). I'd like to see a few more slots added to Shard to make up for this, but the 4x refresh a day might be the reason for the more limited slots.

xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

This brings me back to my statement in my older Post.
    Some real dumb things being said

Buying gear in the fleets shipments is anything but a free handout. Give your head a shake
    Again it's about resource management
    Do you buy ships, zeta, characters or gear?
    If you choose gear you slow down progress in other areas, such as ships, and vice versa.
    Being able to buy gear in the fleet arena didn't speed up your progress a whole hell of a lot. As a f2p players it is still painfully slow.

People have been screaming since the introduction (or even before) gear 12 that the drop rates should increase, even slightly. That's usually what happens in games when old gear become obsolete, and everyone is after the new best thing. They make it easier for the new players to catch up.

Having someone new come in now, because they just stumbled upon it, or was recommended must be a nightmare, and feel pretty sluggish. They don't need to gear up extremely fast, but throwing them a bone wouldn't hurt. At least then they can enjoy the end game stuff. I'd say many would delete the game before putting in a year's worth of effort

If the devs didn't seem so greedy I'd have no problem spending money, as I have in other games, but until I see some improvement on their behalf, I'll not spend a dime.

It's this kind of thought process that hurts games like this.

I think you are missing the point. There was a time in the game where there was no high level gear for purchase - anywhere. There was no fleet shop and even shipments didn't have high level gear for purchase. There was a time when there was no guild shop or shard shop either. There was a time when the only item purchasable in any store was 5 slots of "regular" gear in shipments and character shards in all other shops.

Anyone trying to suggest that new players have a "tough time" was either not around in late 2015, doesn't remember or is being disingenuous. When you open ships now, they "give" you Mace, AA and Tarkin. There are events that are consistent (Yoda, Palp, etc.) that people know the requirements for and know when they will return. There are Assault Battles which give free shards and Credit and Training Droid heists. Even challenges have been reworked to give you everything from the tiers below. There was a time in this game where NONE of that existed. The only way to get gear was to grind it in LS/DS battles....manually (sims were added later too).

New players have many more options in terms of gear, shards and overall availability. While it is true that there is more things to "do" - the game is much stronger with more options for the player now than it has ever been. And certainly more so now than it was 22 months ago.

• Options

Your shards are even more useless because of this. It's way easier and more efficient to spend a day blowing energy on a node for the same amount of gear.

People who are more casual will hit the raid gear wall and be begging for either lower cost rancor raids, or more means of obtaining raid gear ...

Carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs are a nightmare to farm, and you need them all the time. Few things are as frustrating as spending 120 energy and getting 0 or 1 stun cuff salvage. Now I can buy 6 of them for a mere 170 shard currency! Meanwhile, raid gear is easy to come by. You just need to be in an active guild, where everyone gets their 600 daily raid tickets.

Anyway, I've been getting tons of great gear since this update went live, and it's only been a day or something, lol. Life is good.
  • Options

Buying gear in the fleets shipments is anything but a free handout. Give your head a shake
    If you choose gear you slow down progress in other areas, such as ships, and vice versa.
    Being able to buy gear in the fleet arena didn't speed up your progress a whole hell of a lot. As a f2p players it is still painfully slow.

People have been screaming since the introduction (or even before) gear 12 that the drop rates should increase, even slightly. That's usually what happens in games when old gear become obsolete, and everyone is after the new best thing. They make it easier for the new players to catch up.

Having someone new come in now, because they just stumbled upon it, or was recommended must be a nightmare, and feel pretty sluggish. They don't need to gear up extremely fast, but throwing them a bone wouldn't hurt. At least then they can enjoy the end game stuff. I'd say many would delete the game before putting in a year's worth of effort

If the devs didn't seem so greedy I'd have no problem spending money, as I have in other games, but until I see some improvement on their behalf, I'll not spend a dime.

It's this kind of thought process that hurts games like this.

I think you are missing the point. There was a time in the game where there was no high level gear for purchase - anywhere. There was no fleet shop and even shipments didn't have high level gear for purchase. There was a time when there was no guild shop or shard shop either. There was a time when the only item purchasable in any store was 5 slots of "regular" gear in shipments and character shards in all other shops.

Anyone trying to suggest that new players have a "tough time" was either not around in late 2015, doesn't remember or is being disingenuous. When you open ships now, they "give" you Mace, AA and Tarkin. There are events that are consistent (Yoda, Palp, etc.) that people know the requirements for and know when they will return. There are Assault Battles which give free shards and Credit and Training Droid heists. Even challenges have been reworked to give you everything from the tiers below. There was a time in this game where NONE of that existed. The only way to get gear was to grind it in LS/DS battles....manually (sims were added later too).

New players have many more options in terms of gear, shards and overall availability. While it is true that there is more things to "do" - the game is much stronger with more options for the player now than it has ever been. And certainly more so now than it was 22 months ago.

wow you had some really hard time ....
  • Options
    Personally, I like the new shard shop.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I love the new shard shop. I've been asking for gear salvage to be added to all stores for a long long time now (hate having nothing to spend hoards of currencies on) and the new shard shop accomplishes that. It shouldn't matter to anybody that fleet currency was "devalued" in terms of buying gear.. you can buy gear with ALL currencies now. Everything else in the fleet store remained the same in terms of value so that is a terrible argument against the new shard shop. This change is a huge help to the gear crunch and I couldn't be happier about it.
  • Options
    4 refreshes and

Guns: 0
    Cuffs: 0
    Carbanti: 1

A couple other lower tier gear I needed were way overpriced, 2-3 items were the 2,000+ already have gear like the MK4 guns and fake carbantis.

Starting to feel like when the grocery store advertises $0.99 eggs, limit 1 per customer per day.

The same. The bottleneck is worse than ever. The shard shop really needs more slots or have stun cuffs, guns, and holos permanently there.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    4 refreshes and

Guns: 0
    Cuffs: 0
    Carbanti: 1

A couple other lower tier gear I needed were way overpriced, 2-3 items were the 2,000+ already have gear like the MK4 guns and fake carbantis.

Starting to feel like when the grocery store advertises $0.99 eggs, limit 1 per customer per day.

The same. The bottleneck is worse than ever. The shard shop really needs more slots or have stun cuffs, guns, and holos permanently there.

Agreed. After 2 days cuffs have been in there once, guns once. Adding more slots would be nice. Also putting gear back in the fleet store exactly as it was.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Raid gear is indeed still in the shard shop, for the same 252 currency for 3. Granted it doesn't appear as often anymore, and you can't buy the full raid piece (which was terrible value anyway). I'd like to see a few more slots added to Shard to make up for this, but the 4x refresh a day might be the reason for the more limited slots.

I guess I've just been that unlucky? No mk5 fusion or m5 droid callers etc every refresh and every crystal (up to 50) ..... maybe more slots would be nice.
  • Options

Being able to buy gear in the fleet arena didn't

Well went the game was release you only need 1 meta team for arena.
    Right now you need pheonix, imperi, ep iv rebels, pilots, ds and ls ships and we have g12 the game is longer and harder already
  • Options
    DarthSalsa wrote: »

Well went the game was release you only need 1 meta team for arena.
    Right now you need pheonix, imperi, ep iv rebels, pilots, ds and ls ships and we have g12 the game is longer and harder already

A few points:

1) You don't "need" any of the teams you mentioned. If you chose to build Phoenix because of Thrawn, fine. That's your choice. Same for Empire for R2 and Rebels for Palp. At least now, new people know what they need to get what characters and when they need them by. Pilots? C'mon - you and everyone else knows that most of the pilots are also good characters for other areas of the game - Wiggs, Vader, Maul, TFP, Rex, etc. so it's not like you have to farm pilots separately. And again, ships are almost their own entity and don't interfere with farming characters. In fact, as I mentioned above, ships actually help - as they hand you Mace, AA and Tarkin. AA is a great Rebel support early on.

2) The introduction of g12 has no bearing on new players. They moved the finish line. That doesn't make the game any "harder" it just means a new player knows that they can play for a good long time before reaching "end game" content. That's encouraging - not a detriment. Unless you're one of those people who wants to play a game just to be done with it....which honestly doesn't make any sense to me. The fun is in the journey, not the destination.

3) Your comment about needing 1 team for meta isn't exactly accurate either. The meta always changes. But new players aren't competing with players that have been playing longer in arena or fleet, so that's kind of irrelevant anyway.

I get it - the naysayers are going to say "nay" - and some are even going to make up reasons to complain. That's fine. But the idea that new players have it "harder" now than 22 months ago is so far off base, it's not even funny - let alone a point that can argued.