Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Options
    Yea Google said I had to contact ea so i just did and sent them a screen shot of my purchase now I'm waiting. The dude from ea had no ppl skills and it was like pulling teeth even to get that far bc he was trying to say I needed to speak to Google. Ugh u would think with all of the money I've spent over the years with all their games they'd be a little more helpful
  • Options
    So I had same issue with my $50 card that most had or are having to deal with. After it not giving me my rewards or my $50 for awhile, all of a sudden .. 12 hours later .. my money was there but stilll no rewards. On a whim after trying to figure it out on phone the whole time.. because that's where I redeemed code.. I decided to log into swgoh on my tablet and BAM.. REWARDS came to inbox and instantly to inventory..

SO.... if you play on multiple devices.. try logging into them all before going through mass steps.. just hoping my 2 cents helps.. be good all
  • Options
    Does this work with a guest account?
  • Options
    This is crazy, so I can't request a call back from ea technical support and they will email in 72 hours. This is by far the worst. So I have to wait a week for my promo and on top of it, Google said to make a small purchase and the rewards should show, and nope, no rewards and it will cost me more money for the pack I originally wanted....
  • Options
    Is this promotion still going on?
  • Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    Is this promotion still going on?

As of yesterday Oct 21st, 2017: Yes.

~D
  • Options
    MonYolo wrote: »
    N8Dog wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I got everything I was supposed to through the play store, and even see the rewards in my history, but nothing in game.

Tried logging out and logging back into SWGOH, tried the "Restore Purchases" button under settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game... nothing. Guess it's off to support for me too.

I had the same issue. I have multiple Google Play accounts on this device and I finally noticed that the account it was using for In-Game-Purchases (IAP) was different than the account I had SWGOH signed into. I must have first installed and started the game while signed on to another account and it associated that account with all purchases. I had redeemed the gift cards with the account I signed SWGOH into thinking that's how it should work. To check which account it's using, attempt a purchase for money and click the down arrow in the confirmation popup.

Next I had to figure out how to get it to use the proper account for IAPs. I found 2 ways to do it. First uninstall the SWGOH app. Then from a separate computer sign into Google Play website with the account you redeemed the gift cards. Using the online Google Play website, install SWGOH to your device. On your device, make sure your are signed into the correct Google Play account and start up SWGOH. That account should now be used for IAP and you should now get your rewards as expected.

The other way of switching the account for IAP is to remove all Google accounts from the device except for the one you sign into for SWGOH and want for IAP. Then uninstall and reinstall SWGOH. Note that this latter one won't help you if you want to use different accounts for SWGOH sign in and IAP.

Tried
    MonYolo wrote: »
    N8Dog wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I got everything I was supposed to through the play store, and even see the rewards in my history, but nothing in game.

Tried logging out and logging back into SWGOH, tried the "Restore Purchases" button under settings, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game... nothing. Guess it's off to support for me too.

I had the same issue. I have multiple Google Play accounts on this device and I finally noticed that the account it was using for In-Game-Purchases (IAP) was different than the account I had SWGOH signed into. I must have first installed and started the game while signed on to another account and it associated that account with all purchases. I had redeemed the gift cards with the account I signed SWGOH into thinking that's how it should work. To check which account it's using, attempt a purchase for money and click the down arrow in the confirmation popup.

Next I had to figure out how to get it to use the proper account for IAPs. I found 2 ways to do it. First uninstall the SWGOH app. Then from a separate computer sign into Google Play website with the account you redeemed the gift cards. Using the online Google Play website, install SWGOH to your device. On your device, make sure your are signed into the correct Google Play account and start up SWGOH. That account should now be used for IAP and you should now get your rewards as expected.

worked for me too! It took a few minutes for it to show up, but it did. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    Does the Google Play account need to be the one used to play the game? I play on iOS, but have a Google Play account. Same email address used but I’m guessing this won’t work. Can someone confirm?
  • Options
    Arctrooper wrote: »
    Does the Google Play account need to be the one used to play the game? I play on iOS, but have a Google Play account. Same email address used but I’m guessing this won’t work. Can someone confirm?

Send in a ticket to link your Game Center and Google accounts.
  • Options
    Bought a $50 card from Walmart in US. Used card balance on game. Didn't get promotion rewards. I have Android.

Contacted Google, they told me to contact EA.

I sent a photo of my receipt and play card to EA. EA blew me off saying they couldn't validate the purchase and I had to contact Walmart to validate. EA insisted Walmart knew how to handle it. I asked them how is a receipt not validation and they ended the support chat without a response.

Called Walmart and they had no clue what I was talking about and told me to contact EA.

Made EA call me this time instead of chat. After about 30 minutes on phone they accused me of photoshopping the receipt despite having evidence I just used a gift card on the game the day I bought from Walmart. The receipt was not photoshopped. They insisted it was and said they couldn't help me. I told them it must be an error and I'd send them another photo.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? I feel like EA is treating me like a criminal when I just spent $50 on the game.

TL;DR: even if you are in US and meet the qualifications of the promotion, you may not get the rewards and EA will offer little help.
  • Options
    So yeah....November is nearly upon us and still no real news about the worldwide promo.
    All we know is that they say its coming in a 'few weeks' and that's more than vague.

Without a real date or estimate they could say : It was last week, didn't you see it? well sorry you missed it ! Better luck next time. I mean, if there are delays because of currency issues, google payment outside us issues etc..... well let us know. I mean, i would prefer knowing there's a problem you're working on than knowing nothing at all.
  • Options
    Bought a $50 card from Walmart in US. Used card balance on game. Didn't get promotion rewards. I have Android.

Contacted Google, they told me to contact EA.

I sent a photo of my receipt and play card to EA. EA blew me off saying they couldn't validate the purchase and I had to contact Walmart to validate. EA insisted Walmart knew how to handle it. I asked them how is a receipt not validation and they ended the support chat without a response.

Called Walmart and they had no clue what I was talking about and told me to contact EA.

Made EA call me this time instead of chat. After about 30 minutes on phone they accused me of photoshopping the receipt despite having evidence I just used a gift card on the game the day I bought from Walmart. The receipt was not photoshopped. They insisted it was and said they couldn't help me. I told them it must be an error and I'd send them another photo.

Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it? I feel like EA is treating me like a criminal when I just spent $50 on the game.

TL;DR: even if you are in US and meet the qualifications of the promotion, you may not get the rewards and EA will offer little help.

You know you're supposed to buy it from walmart.com right ...
  • Options
    DEV Response

It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer
  • Nickielll
    195 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    DEV Response

It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer

Im starting to think they will never launch this promo for the rest of the world, they just said that to not **** off the rest of us.
  • Options
    Is this available in the UK yet? Would rather not go through the effort of setting up a US Wal-Mart account etc
  • Options
    So I had same issue with my $50 card that most had or are having to deal with. After it not giving me my rewards or my $50 for awhile, all of a sudden .. 12 hours later .. my money was there but stilll no rewards. On a whim after trying to figure it out on phone the whole time.. because that's where I redeemed code.. I decided to log into swgoh on my tablet and BAM.. REWARDS came to inbox and instantly to inventory..

SO.... if you play on multiple devices.. try logging into them all before going through mass steps.. just hoping my 2 cents helps.. be good all

I had the same problem earlier. If you have 2 accounts for SWGOH, you need to either find a device with only one account or delete the other account then launch SWGOH and retrieve missing content or whatever it is. You can also fire up an android emulator on PC. Check the bug forum for details. I've reported it to EA.
  • Options

I had the same problem earlier. If you have 2 accounts for SWGOH, you need to either find a device with only one account or delete the other account then launch SWGOH and retrieve missing content or whatever it is. You can also fire up an android emulator on PC. Check the bug forum for details. I've reported it to EA.

I only use one account and device. I reported the issue to EA with proof of purchase from a Walmart and they refused to help me despite all my evidence.
  • Options
    How long this last just this month, or until christmas
  • Options
    This has got to be one of the poorest executed promotion. Great intentions, bad execution, leads to huge customer dissatisfaction.
  • Options
    So yeah....November is nearly upon us and still no real news about the worldwide promo.
    All we know is that they say its coming in a 'few weeks' and that's more than vague.

Without a real date or estimate they could say : It was last week, didn't you see it? well sorry you missed it ! Better luck next time. I mean, if there are delays because of currency issues, google payment outside us issues etc..... well let us know. I mean, i would prefer knowing there's a problem you're working on than knowing nothing at all.

Check in your Google play store rewards. I dealt with ea on this for 4 days and didn't get any help. Then on like the 6th day the rewards were in there. Hope it helps. EA has the worst customer service, happy cg does a much better job. At least when they screw up the give us free crystals
  • Options
    Based on current cadence anyone not in the US will be able to take part in the promo in roughly 25.5 months.

However, do sit back and watch as the Google users jump down the throats of each and every IOS user with the very best of internet savagery. Have some pop corn - there's an app for that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    We'll let you know here (via dev news and announcements) when this goes live.
    Soon guys, hold tight!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Goes live? As in for other retailers / countries?

Anything you can do to help out people that aren't getting the rewards?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kozispoon
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Any issues regarding purchasing and rewards should go to EA Help. They should help direct you to the proper solution/course of action.
  • Options
    EA Help won't even accept my ticket for this, or my wi-fi connection issue. Pretty frustrating.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Any issues regarding purchasing and rewards should go to EA Help. They should help direct you to the proper solution/course of action.

Thanks for the reply but I couldn't help notice that you didn't address the first question.

As for the second question, I'm referring to a guild-mate who posted here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1322383#Comment_1322383

Rather than helping, EA accused him of fraud.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Bough another card today, from Walmart and still nothing in Canada.

I spoke with a customer service rep, he did nothing to even get me an answer. Im in Canada as well. He said keep checking the forum..well I do, and there has been no mention of a date this will be available in Canada. But he did say i could receive the promo retroactively if i call back when its available
  • Options
    Nickielll wrote: »
    DEV Response

Im starting to think they will never launch this promo for the rest of the world, they just said that to not **** off the rest of us.

My guess is that Walmart gets the first month exclusive. Since Walmart states the promo will run through 31st of December it gives non-US players about 60 days to blow their motherload. No biggie, just be patient :-)
  • Kozispoon
    Options

Thanks for the reply but I couldn't help notice that you didn't address the first question.

As for the second question, I'm referring to a guild-mate who posted here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1322383#Comment_1322383

Rather than helping, EA accused him of fraud.

I can't speak to their case- least of all via third party. They'll have to follow up in their ticket.
  • Options
    So if you buy.multiple.cards do you get the reward each time? For instance I bought a $10 and $25 gift card and got rewards both times. When purchasing $25 again I didn't get any. Since I haven't purchased a $50 gift card, if I purchase that will I get the crystals and shards, or will me having had two rewards already nullify the rewards?
This discussion has been closed.