Adaptive F2P Guide

Replies

• Options
    condeducao wrote: »
    @Bronyam : Wedge is a white elephant, you will probably roll 1000 accounts and don't get him. Believe me. I roll chromiuns every day. If anyone here pull Wedge at 1st Chromium, post the screen, because I've never seen it.

There are aprxmtly 49-50 LS characters in chrom packs, so, chance to get Wedge is 2%, so even on 100 try u possibly can pull out him

Now I got:
    Cody x3
    Echo x1
    Leia x4 (I'm almost sick of her)
    Hoth rebel soldier x2
    It Koth
    Chirrut

What about Lando and Baze? Any REAL chances?
  • Fleokan
    7 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bronyam wrote: »
    i've got lando with 5th attempt this time, was under 10 last time (fall 2016) when i aso maanaged to pull him. Overaal he seems to have pretty high chance to appear in a first pull (i have a theory that chance for toon to appear in guaranteed pull is based on his reachability, i've seen a lot of cantina 1 and 2 characters , as well as arena and cantina shop ones, but rarely anything from fleet store or cantina 3+)
  • Options
    I've got Plo Koon, Ayla Sekura, they are on 3+ cantina.
    Also I got Cody 3 times, Echo, Akbar, and Chirrut FOUR TIMES (2 times yesterday and 2 today)
    So, I don't think this theory is true.
  • Options
    is there a place for 5* Rey from promo in this guide?
  • Options
    Fleokan wrote: »

JC was always the first character to ditch, once something better came along. So I’d assume that putting Rey in place of JC, ought to increase your arena performance.
  • Options
    @Bronyam : Wedge is a white elephant, you will probably roll 1000 accounts and don't get him. Believe me. I roll chromiuns every day. If anyone here pull Wedge at 1st Chromium, post the screen, because I've never seen it.

There are aprxmtly 49-50 LS characters in chrom packs, so, chance to get Wedge is 2%, so even on 100 try u possibly can pull out him

Now I got:
    Cody x3
    Echo x1
    Leia x4 (I'm almost sick of her)
    Hoth rebel soldier x2
    It Koth
    Chirrut

Unless they’ve changed the drop rates, yes. lots of players in this thread have reported success pulling Baze or Lando. Baze being the better option for midgame arena success.
  • Options
    Apotheosis wrote: »

JC was always the first character to ditch, once something better came along. So I’d assume that putting Rey in place of JC, ought to increase your arena performance.
    I thought of that but is it any upgrade over farmboy luke? she's not a rebel and he's hitting like a track too.
    I'm at level 46 atm and 40/100 6* lando, i have a bad feeling like i will hit 50 and 7* lando at the same time and will have to spend all cantina energy on mods for a number of weeks, so ezra is not an option to replace a JC for now
  • Options
    I just started playing after buying (2) $50 Google GC from Amazon and getting (2) promo offers. The game seems fun, but I am looking for advise on what to do and what to spend the 6k crystals on..l. never even level 20 yet, but I have the 7 star Rey
  • Options
    @bronyam Odds to get a Wedge are far worse than the 2% you mentioned. Try it for yourself, do 1000 pulls, collect the data and share with us. If you are willing to really do that. I'm in the 100~200 pulls and never got one. Pretty sure EA removed him from the first chromium card.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Any guide and help for starting fleet?
    I mean optimal setup for super-early fleet arena, with everyone just with pilots from events and maybe Biggs? Cause will be a while since I lay my hands on all that precious Slave I, Tie Advanced and stuff, how to play in the process of getting them?
  • Options
    I mean optimal setup for super-early fleet arena, with everyone just with pilots from events and maybe Biggs? Cause will be a while since I lay my hands on all that precious Slave I, Tie Advanced and stuff, how to play in the process of getting them?

I don't know of any recent fleet guide. The one I followed months ago was this excellent one, maybe you can pick the useful bits of info from it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/81985/mostly-adaptive-fleet-building-guide

A few months ago, Raw's guide recommended the early development of GS and JC for arena. This had the intentional side effect of giving players two good Ackbar-fleet pilots, with Biggs' ship as the squad tank. But nowadays players are probably going into fleet with Biggs and TFP as their two most developed pilots.

Ackbar's Home One still might be the best early fleet lead, since you get two chances to generate a target lock for Biggs early in the fight: one from TFP's basic, and the other from using Home One's second ability to put Advantage on Biggs, then having him attack.

Maybe an early Tarkin fleet could work reasonably well, thereby avoiding the need to run an early Ackbar fleet, but I don't have the personal experience to say that with certainty.
  • Options
    @bronyam Odds to get a Wedge are far worse than the 2% you mentioned. Try it for yourself, do 1000 pulls, collect the data and share with us. If you are willing to really do that. I'm in the 100~200 pulls and never got one. Pretty sure EA removed him from the first chromium card.

That's a really bad news. Why I'm defending about Wedge chance? Because, when I started my second account on 8th November, 2016, I pull Wedge out of here, what I didn't give due attention to Wedge importance.

So, do u have any statistics, what characters u had from packs?
  • Options
    @Bronyam close to 200 rerolls, no Wedge. Been doing this since August. Seem like 20 bazes, 15 chirruts, a lot of Lando's, Rex'es, Jyn's, etc...
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Back when I was still rolling new accounts, did about 200 of them too and never saw Wedge. Perhaps some people bought 2 chromiums instead and got Wedge on 2nd Chromium. I was rolling a lot of Lando and decided to open 2 Chromiums on those accounts and managed to get one with a Lando + ST Han opening. It was glorious and is my main account now.
  • Options
    @Huatimus mega pack or single chromium card? thanks for sharing this info.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    @Huatimus mega pack or single chromium card? thanks for sharing this info.

It was 2 single Chromiums. Back then there was a free Android pack which gave crystals so made it easy to buy 2 Chromiums at start.
  • Options
    @Huatimus NIce, I might try that, save crystals to get 2nd chromium card. Thanks.
    Do or do not...
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Apotheosis @pnhuy @PoeticJumpshot3 and others from this topic.
    You probably already noticed, but Raw left the game 2 weeks ago and probably won't be coming back, so I would suggest that, with time, someone else updated this guide by switching to a new thread since this one can't be edited now. We did the same, by taking what was ok from Doitsuyama's starters guide and creating this one. As it seems it was a good decision and even better that RAW decided to update this thread.
    I'll try to answer some questions from last pages, but I didn't follow this topic closely so some info will probably be repeated.
    That's a really bad news. Why I'm defending about Wedge chance? Because, when I started my second account on 8th November, 2016, I pull Wedge out of here, what I didn't give due attention to Wedge importance.
    So, do u have any statistics, what characters u had from packs?
    There was a Wedge giveaway for new accounts on iOs in November last year, so probably that's the reason. Android users got K2.
    Just to enforce what @Apotheosis wrote - you should go with Ackbar lead first - it's necessary for TB now, Tarkin is second to get since we'll soon get a DS TB. Also Tarkin requires FOTP, TIE Advanced or Gauntlet to work good - all are rare farms and will take time.
    Short terms yes - early on. With time she will become redundant, because she has no utility - straight up dps unit. Definitelly not worth changing the guide.
    All in all, I strongly advise ppl to keep focus on gear and limited amount of units - mostly light side. Take it from an experienced player - the biggest issue for everybody will be a credit&gear crunch. So don't go spending credits left & right on multiple toons.
    Lastly - pls don't rage quit or get upset each time new meta shows up or new toons/rework comes up. It's meant to be hard at begining, otherwise they wouldn't make any money of whales when they introduce smth new. Stay the course. Don't fall for that trap - I'm still able to get top spot in my shard with a Rex lead - where 19/20 of my top ride CLS/Han/DN/Thrawn/R2/GK or GK+zBariss (https://swgoh.gg/u/wawrzon/). It's still best to just focus and be diligent.
    I do agree that the best way to start off is by farming Phoenix squad early on. However you will still need to get Boba (utility early on), STH (CLS requirement). Lando is good , but not essential - will help in TB and Heist. However a better investment would be in Captain Han Solo. Heist squad would be Boba(L), Raid Han, STH, CHS, Chewbacca. Mind that you do need Lando for a decent early on P4 score with rebels.
    Post edited by wawrzon on
  • Options
    I am just the follower, not much experience.

About first 350crys pack:
    -Wedge only in iOS device. (Not sure, known for long time ago)
    -Chirut can be opened in Android device ( my ex)
    -Baze: 1 guys commented in this post that hecan

About starting fleet/ships:
    Use ships/fleet have pilot that can be good for other event and complete zeta challenge is a must.
  • Options
    So, only IOS users can get Wedge on 1st 350 crystal pack?

About fleet team:
    For 5* Tarkin fleet u should have two tie pilot and their ships, so,
    TIE pilot isn't a problem, while FO pilot is more problematic, so if u would farm him in hard battles from the beginning, until the 70+ lvl u will have nice farmed FO pilot who is ready for zeta farm, even he will be usable in arena team.
  • Options

About fleet team:
    TIE pilot isn't a problem, while FO pilot is more problematic, so if u would farm him in hard battles from the beginning, until the 70+ lvl u will have nice farmed FO pilot who is ready for zeta farm, even he will be usable in arena team.

No, iOS users got a free Wedge, not from Chromium. But that was a Long Long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

About fleet team:

No, iOS users got a free Wedge, not from Chromium. But that was a Long Long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

It was for ships, Android got Biggs and IOS got Wedge.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @wawrzon it's a good idea to create a new topic. You create?
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Ideally, a new guide based on Phoenix start should have input from players that have actually been able to make it work. Here are some of my own random thoughts:
    Potential issues with Phoenix start:
    - No Biggs, so no geared fleet tank ready to go at level 60.
    - No Boba means one less target locker for later fleet. (May not be a problem since Boba's ship takes a long time to unlock anyway.)
    - Lack of scoundrels results in loss of credit heist income.
    - Lack of Wiggs takes a lot of dps punch out of early Rancor/AAT. Maybe Phoenix can raid well in non-heroic?
    - All of the above can be remedied by diverting resources into additional toons, but do those diversions cause arena/fleet weakness at a critical time?
    Upsides to Phoenix start:
    - Opportunity for earlier EP. Current guide requires Wedge 7*, gotten at level 70+, as the fifth rebel.
    - Opportunity for a much earlier Thrawn. Even 5* Thrawn brings great arena utility, and is a great catch-up toon vs P2P squads.
    Unknowns:
    - Is Ghost/Phantom good in early fleet, with all pilots at, say, g6/g7? Are they competitive vs Biggs+JC fleets in early arena? Early fleet performance is important since fleet currency buys ship shards. The gem rewards are important too.
    Late- or end-game transitions:
    In my single experience thru this game, Phoenix squads were barely on par with Wiggs ones in the late game (80+) and by the early endgame they were completely walled off of the top 20. (This was prior to Phoenix zetas, though.)
    - There may be a good Empire transition somewhere in all of this, built around Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin. Maybe something like Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin RG -> Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin ShT -> Thrawn DT Tarkin ShT Stormtrooper.
    - Traditional Wiggs-Chaze-R2, but every toon in this lineup would be farmed from scratch.
  • Options
    As someone who started not long ago (just hit level 60) and read this along with the three posts on starting Phoenix first.

I went the Phoenix from the start and have not regretted it as yet, I can compete top 10 Arena - at least for now.

Fleet I cannot really comment as only just hit 60 but I have 5 ships that allow me to get past the NPC teams in arena fairly easily. They won't be good enough for later.

Completion of Galactic War is very simple with Phoenix, I have never had to swap in a second team and actually can let them complete on auto the majority of the time. Currently I get level 79 opponents and they can auto them and finish at full HP and full Protection.
    *Caveat to above I spent a full week of cantina energy (300 extra bought per day)getting decent 5 dot mods on each of them.

I would add that mods are a problem as you need to invest in the teams to complete each mod challenge - I have not had resources to do that so stuck with only Health mods currently.

I have paused my Phoenix development at 7 star gear 7 whilst I move onto other Mod teams getting those to 5 stars gear 7 so I can complete the relevant areas for my end game team, once this is done I will return to Phoenix and get them to at least gear 9 for Thrawn.

Myself I am going a full Empire with Thrawn team so starting Phoenix has really helped me with this and as Empire cannot really be farmed until late game (I still am unable to farm Deathtrooper or Shoretrooper) this isn't really hurting me.

Even concentrating on just 5 characters you are still short on credits - I did get 5 scoundrels unlocked to be able to do those credit heists and I am sitting on 12 million credits and it grows daily. But levelling 1 character to level 60 is more than 1 million credits, starring that character up is another 2+ million credits so its not much really.

Hopefully that wall of text helped someone.

IGN Raveness
  • Options
    @wawrzon it's a good idea to create a new topic. You create?
    It's best if someone from a younger shard creates it. With time my understanding of early game will be clouded, so it's best if ppl struggling through it keep updating.
    Ideally, a new guide based on Phoenix start should have input from players that have actually been able to make it work.
    Here's my 2 cents. Phoenix are non existant end-game, apart from TB. THis is a f2p guide so it did and should focus on both arenas instead of TB - daily minimal crystal income of 500 is essiental for f2p to be able to compete with others, especially after they added a bonus cheap energy refresh.
    Phoenix should't be geared past g9, except Ezra - he can be used in arena, gw and TB w/o other Phoenix units. Their ships are actually quite good, but because they need multiple units at high gear lvl it's a waste of resources to invest in them early on.
    Here are some of my own random thoughts:
    Potential issues with Phoenix start:
    - No Biggs, so no geared fleet tank ready to go at level 60.
    - No Boba means one less target locker for later fleet. (May not be a problem since Boba's ship takes a long time to unlock anyway.)
    - Lack of scoundrels results in loss of credit heist income.
    - Lack of Wiggs takes a lot of dps punch out of early Rancor/AAT. Maybe Phoenix can raid well in non-heroic?
    - All of the above can be remedied by diverting resources into additional toons, but do those diversions cause arena/fleet weakness at a critical time?
    1. Farm Zeb and Biggs, you will easily get them starred around 60lvl (you don't need to get both 7* off the bat)
    2. Same as above, Chopper and Boba are targets to farm (star lvl depends on you), QGJ can be dropped - Ahsoka next.
    3. You only need scoundrels at 5* to compete, so going with Chewie, Boba, STH, Raid Han, Lando or IG88 (smugglers will probably get adden to a shop this month) is the best way to go and achievable relatively fast.
    4. W/o any TM manpulation Phoenix will be lackluster in any raid. It's a survivability and gimmick squad, not dps, so it will never score high in raid unless opponent uses a lot of aoe. Either way, you won;t score high in raids anyway. It's best to be in a good guild that raids often than be best scorer in a weak guild. Often lower rank rewards grant fully crafted gear. I got more full gear from #20+ than being in top10.
    5. Early on gear lvl and skillset is much better than star lvl, especially for tanks. You will have to diversify early on, especially from cantina nodes.
    Unknowns:
    - Is Ghost/Phantom good in early fleet, with all pilots at, say, g6/g7? Are they competitive vs Biggs+JC fleets in early arena? Early fleet performance is important since fleet currency buys ship shards. The gem rewards are important too.
    Late- or end-game transitions:
    In my single experience thru this game, Phoenix squads were barely on par with Wiggs ones in the late game (80+) and by the early endgame they were completely walled off of the top 20. (This was prior to Phoenix zetas, though.)
    - There may be a good Empire transition somewhere in all of this, built around Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin. Maybe something like Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin RG -> Thrawn EP TFP Tarkin ShT -> Thrawn DT Tarkin ShT Stormtrooper.
    - Traditional Wiggs-Chaze-R2, but every toon in this lineup would be farmed from scratch.
    1. They are good, but having Biggs is essiential. They generate TL and grant stealth, so Biggs will benefit from them. However they should be subbed once you get something decent like TFP. That's a different topic though.
    2. LIke I wrote at start phoenix are at best a mid game team and should be subbed when you get wiggs and rebels rolling.
    3. There isn't any Empire transition here - that team will get slaughtered by any decent Rebels team (sadly). It's still better than phoenix in mid game. You will end up transitioning to a combination of Rex/Wiggs/Boba/Thrawn/EP/Raid Han team midway. Potential of a Wiggs (L), Ezra, Thrawn, Raid Han is massive.
    Lastly - I definitelly suggest a broader hard node farm than suggested in this guide. I started off with 4-5 toons on farm occasionally getting Boba/Biggs/Ahsoka shards even. Matter of discussion what's best to farm.
  • Options
    In earlier start, until 80, you can drop Rhan from scoundrel team, because you can't do damage on earlier period, so, you will take only 2-3 shards per raid.
  • Options
    just want to point that i have 0 issues vs phoenix with my lando/boba/sth/biggs/luke squad
  • Options
    just want to point that i have 0 issues vs phoenix with my lando/boba/sth/biggs/luke squad
    Every team can be beat in current meta, there is no good team composition on defense.
    In earlier start, until 80, you can drop Rhan from scoundrel team, because you can't do damage on earlier period, so, you will take only 2-3 shards per raid.
    In my guild maybe 20 ppl attack rancor, so it's quite easy to get 3 shards per raid. All in all it depends on guild.

Like i wrote before - how much phoenix is viable in early arena depends on those actually running it. It's definitelly a good investment to start off, because of EP/Thrawn/Chimeara and TB viability. However don't overinvest in them.
  • Options
    Windscale wrote: »
    As someone who started not long ago (just hit level 60) and read this along with the three posts on starting Phoenix first.

I went the Phoenix from the start and have not regretted it as yet, I can compete top 10 Arena - at least for now.

IGN Raveness

Keep us updated over the next month or so. It'll be interesting to see how midgame (60-75) treats your Phoenix squad, and how you manage to do in Fleet.