1125 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't he gain crit immunity?

Who?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't he gain crit immunity?

The crit immunity Kenobi gains is not enough. Sometimes I use Kenobi (6* gr 11) instead of Storm (7* gr 12) in hard GW nodes, but he's killed so quickly that I switch back to Storm.
    In arena, Storm can gains back protection from the Thrawn lead, resists a lot to every shot due to his +230% defense bonus, and can gain crit immunity from Shore. Plus his expose is great too.
  • h3nz
    12 posts Member
    Options
    If Storm or GK works best all depends on the teams you fight.

GK goes down very fast if the rebels focus on him without crit immunity, but he regains taunt when you have a lot of dispellers in the enemy team. Also your other characters can get crit immunity if Shore is somehow disabled.

Storm can shrug the damage off, makes Shore tankier, but could be dispelled right away, so would just sit there. But if his taunt stays, he is a wall. The tm removal is nice, expose helps, but is sometimes a bit unreliable. Also he is a lot easier to gear and to obtain.

I like using both, but right now having GK put in, as the feedback I got was that GK is a bit better on defense.
  • Options
    I have been running Thrawn lead with Storm as my only tank and I like it a lot.

I haven't been dropping any more than usual on defense and my team has tons of control. It's great.

Thrawn, Krooper, Tarkin, Storm

All G12 with Krennic completely maxed on Armatek gear. DT and Tarkin each have a piece of Armatek themselves.

It takes some getting used to not having that heal and crit immunity from Shore but my team felt like a 3 v 4 with Thrawn in Fracture and Shore constantly retaunting.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

I haven't been dropping any more than usual on defense and my team has tons of control. It's great.

All G12 with Krennic completely maxed on Armatek gear. DT and Tarkin each have a piece of Armatek themselves.

It takes some getting used to not having that heal and crit immunity from Shore but my team felt like a 3 v 4 with Thrawn in Fracture and Shore constantly retaunting.

I've replaced last weekend Tarkin in my line up with Veers. Thrawn lead and troopers are great on offense. The offense up given by Veers on troopers when an enemy is defeated is great and increases the damages of DT.

Veers is very useful with his ability block. Just use his special when a tank is taunting.

Also the zeta on Veers combined to the zeta on the Thrawn's lead allows this team to recover a lot of protection. He's now at 2 pieces of gear 12 which adds a lot of protection.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

I've replaced last weekend Tarkin in my line up with Veers. Thrawn lead and troopers are great on offense. The offense up given by Veers on troopers when an enemy is defeated is great and increases the damages of DT.

Veers is very useful with his ability block. Just use his special when a tank is taunting.

Also the zeta on Veers combined to the zeta on the Thrawn's lead allows this team to recover a lot of protection. He's now at 2 pieces of gear 12 which adds a lot of protection.

The only reason I don't like using zVeers (mine is G12 but no extra pieces) is because of all the GK/Zarris teams.
    The extra crit chance makes my toons crit too much and I end up timing out.

How do you manage Zarriss with Veers in your lineup?
  • Options
    Since 1st you deal the damage and then comes the heal, a lucky shot with Veers can quickly end Zarriss.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

The only reason I don't like using zVeers (mine is G12 but no extra pieces) is because of all the GK/Zarris teams.
    The extra crit chance makes my toons crit too much and I end up timing out.

How do you manage Zarriss with Veers in your lineup?

I use another line up for GK-Bariss. There's only 3-4 GK Bariss in my top 50. So I use Tarkin lead, Thrawn, DT, GK, DN. I just use Tarkin because the best GK Bariss team has a faster R2 than my Thrawn. With a bit more speed, I could beat him with my usual team with only replacing Storm by DN.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    1st off, I read above, but my GK has mad survivability.

zThrawn (L), zDT, DK, Shore and...

All r gear XII w/ a piece or 2.

Storm and GK r in the same boat. I see Storm run by the few folks that have the choice. I can't understand why GK isn't preferred. Strip Storm's taunt and all u have is his defense boost to Shore and DT. It doesn't seem to b better than...

Reactive Taunt
    Group Cleanse
    Group Retribution
    2nd Crit Immunity
    Group Attack

Plz enlighten me. Thx.

Currently have GK at +103 speed and 118k prot/health w/ the 2x +armor gear XII pieces.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

Storm and GK r in the same boat. I see Storm run by the few folks that have the choice. I can't understand why GK isn't preferred. Strip Storm's taunt and all u have is his defense boost to Shore and DT. It doesn't seem to b better than...

Reactive Taunt
    Group Cleanse
    Group Retribution
    2nd Crit Immunity
    Group Attack

Plz enlighten me. Thx.

Currently have GK at +103 speed and 118k prot/health w/ the 2x +armor gear XII pieces.

First of all I have to say that I'm totally biased towards empire and I'm liking the idea of running a full empire team..
    Now let's put some facts:
    Storm is way tankeir than GK (in that team), a GK group hug only scratches his protection, while GK can be killed easily with zolo double crits of 20-30k damage , he doesn't benefit from Thrawn lead and doesn't give himself crit immunity.
    Storm makes shore and DT more durable.
    He can spam maneuver to reset his cool down, he prolongs thrawn's fracture every time he uses a special ability.
    Storm removes Tm from enemies while taunting.
    Storm gains Tm from debuffs.

Also from my battles experience he taunts frequently , taking advantage from maneuver and cls debuffs.
    Edit: I never lost Storm in a fight, actually I never saw him without protection.
    Unless for lost battles, and even then he's my last man standing.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Should I focus on gearing my squad to G12 (means sharding as well) or start farming mods, hoping for speed secondaries? Mind you I haven't unlocked crit damage and speed mod challenges (jawa lack gear, Reistance isn't even fully unlocked yet).

Currently my Imperial arena squad holds somewhat good on defense (ranging from 60 to 130) with Thrawn being the only G12, Tarkin is G10 and the troopers are G11.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »

Reactive Taunt
    Group Cleanse
    Group Retribution
    2nd Crit Immunity
    Group Attack

Plz enlighten me. Thx.

First of all I have to say that I'm totally biased towards empire and I'm liking the idea of running a full empire team..
    Storm is way tankeir than GK (in that team), a GK group hug only scratches his protection, while GK can be killed easily with zolo double crits of 20-30k damage , he doesn't benefit from Thrawn lead and doesn't give himself crit immunity.
    He can spam maneuver to reset his cool down, he prolongs thrawn's fracture every time he uses a special ability.

Also from my battles experience he taunts frequently , taking advantage from maneuver and cls debuffs.
    Edit: I never lost Storm in a fight, actually I never saw him without protection.

Exactly this. And he also recovers 2% protection for each status effects due to the Thrawn lead, and it's a lot of protection against CLS teams. And finally, he can expose when he doesn't crit or is evaded. So, very useful against GK who gives foresight on his basic and the evasion bonus of Han.
  • Options

Reactive Taunt
    Group Cleanse
    Group Retribution
    2nd Crit Immunity
    Group Attack

Plz enlighten me. Thx.

Exactly this. And he also recovers 2% protection for each status effects due to the Thrawn lead, and it's a lot of protection against CLS teams. And finally, he can expose when he doesn't crit or is evaded. So, very useful against GK who gives foresight on his basic and the evasion bonus of Han.

True, I forgot about the exposes, I keep his crit chance as low as possible to benefit from expose.
  • Options
    @Poxx
    He's not Empire. Duh.
  • melisa
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Stormtrooper is quite bad empire tank for arena and I reckon people use him because there is no other better tauning empire tank in the game currently when they want to run a full empire team. The current meta team CLS,Solo,Thrawn,R2D2 and GK with similar mods as yours will kill your Thrawn even before you take a turn if you run the Shoretrooper/Stormtrooper duo, but this can be prevented if you have Shoretrooper/GK because of GK crit. immunity. Also if a tank is the last men standing in your team it only shows that he failed to do his job.

• Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    melisa wrote: »
    Stormtrooper is quite bad empire tank for arena and I reckon people use him because there is no other better tauning empire tank in the game currently when they want to run a full empire team. The current meta team CLS,Solo,Thrawn,R2D2 and GK with similar mods as yours will kill your Thrawn even before you take a turn if you run the Shoretrooper/Stormtrooper duo, but this can be prevented if you have Shoretrooper/GK because of GK auto taunt. Also if a tank is the last men standing in your team it only shows that he failed to do his job.

That is your opinion. I have different opinion about Storm. One of the best tanks in this game is Stormtrooper. Completely different than Gk so there is nothing to compare about skills. Has much less prot/health but Gk will be dead faster than Stormtrooper. Much faster. It is not true that Thrawn will die in one turn before taking a turn. Even if Han will stun Thrawn and Cls remove taunt from Shore and Thrawn will fracture Storm Empire team can still win the match. This is one of the most solid, full of right abilities, with good defense and good stats about prot/ health in this game. G10 empire team has a high chance to beat g12 team of Cls rebels. Not easy but doable. I dont have expierience running full g12 empire but from running g10, g11 and no zeta i can easilly see that empire maxed must be a very tough squad. Storm is part of this composition. And I think that Storm can hit harder than Gk and gives expose on basic. What would be great improvment for him would be a counter during taunt. Than nobody would argue about Stormtrooper. He would give enough exposes to destroy oponent. This is my perspective.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @melisa
    What you say is pretty true on defense.

On offense Storm is absolutely amazing.

I don't run GK or Shore in my arena team right now.

I only run Storm with my full Empire squad and have only lost on battle on offense in the last week.

Thrawn, DT, Krennic, Storm are dynamite together.

You can plug in Shore, TFP, Veers, Tarkin, or EP as your 5th and still be successful.
  • Options
    Stormtrooper is quite bad empire tank for arena and I reckon people use him because there is no other better tauning empire tank in the game currently when they want to run a full empire team. The current meta team CLS,Solo,Thrawn,R2D2 and GK with similar mods as yours will kill your Thrawn even before you take a turn if you run the Shoretrooper/Stormtrooper duo,

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I use Thrawn, Storm, ShoreT, Tarkin and Nihilus. I can beat CLS, Solo, R2 teams far more often that not. Like 8/10 on offence (as an estimate).
    Storm is an excellent tank with Shore and under Thrawn lead.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Stormtrooper is quite bad empire tank for arena and I reckon people use him because there is no other better tauning empire tank in the game currently when they want to run a full empire team. The current meta team CLS,Solo,Thrawn,R2D2 and GK with similar mods as yours will kill your Thrawn even before you take a turn if you run the Shoretrooper/Stormtrooper duo, but this can be prevented if you have Shoretrooper/GK because of GK crit. immunity. Also if a tank is the last men standing in your team it only shows that he failed to do his job.

GK is the best tank in the game, but in that team storm is way better than him.
    gk doesn't give himself crit immunity so he can't survive against hard hitting zolo and cls, I said that storm is the last man standing to show how tanky he is, tbh I don't remember the last time I lost a fight, I win most battles on full auto.
    here's a battle where zolo stunned thrawn right of the bat and managed to win it on full auto:

https://youtu.be/xOBseStQZDc

edit: I have to add that a few shardmates told me that they can't always beat me on time, I always see them subbing in DN to win on time.
  • Options
    @melisa It seems you don't play Empire. Every teams can beat each other on offense. You're for sure playing CLS and I agree that CLS can easily beat Empire teams because on defense AI does not focus on Thrawn.

Now, my Empire team with Storm can easily beat every CLS squads on offense too, and I keep CLS for the end everytime. Does it mean CLS is a bad toon?
  • Options
    @zhtd17 very misleading video. You have on avarage +15 more speed on every character than the CLS team. You have obviously superior mods so you can win on full auto. Such videos just give other players wrong impression how good empire teams are and then they wonder why their teams get can't do the same.

If you have both GK and Stormtrooper it is easy just to try both in arena and keep the one it the team which you like more. In my case it's GK. One advantage I can see stromtrooper has over GK is that you can keep him on gear level 11 and he'll do still fine while GK needs to be on level 12 ideally with at least 2 ArmaTeks equiped.

• Options
    @zhtd17 very misleading video. You have on avarage +15 more speed on every character than the CLS team. You have obviously superior mods so you can win on full auto. Such videos just give other players wrong impression how good empire teams are and then they wonder why their teams get can't do the same.

If you have both GK and Stormtrooper it is easy just to try both in arena and keep the one it the team which you like more. In my case it's GK. One advantage I can see stromtrooper has over GK is that you can keep him on gear level 11 and he'll do still fine while GK needs to be on level 12 ideally with at least 2 ArmaTeks equiped.

He has so much speed on Empire? So why he goes second?
    Stormtrooper is very good tank with the worst zeta in game:).
    Btw, I just got zeta on Deathtrooper, so I can use Krenic(g9,5*). Testing Empire( with Stormtrooper) with Krenic in GW against CLS meta was much better than expected. Fight was much faster, more control, more dmg. I loved it.
  • Options

Thrawn lead is not a matter os speed. It's a matter of TM gain based on debuffs. This is why Thrawn led teams are good. Except my Thrawn at 262, all my arena toons are between 205 and 215 speed, so less than R2, CLS, Leia, or even Han.

Don't underestimate the TM gain.
    Gawejn wrote: »

Btw, I just got zeta on Deathtrooper, so I can use Krenic(g9,5*). Testing Empire( with Stormtrooper) with Krenic in GW against CLS meta was much better than expected. Fight was much faster, more control, more dmg. I loved it.

I've just passed my Krennic 5* to gear 11, not yet tested in GW. I still don't have any zeta on DT. I hesitate to use him in arena because he's too squishy and I think not viable without the zeta on DT.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options

Thrawn lead is not a matter os speed. It's a matter of TM gain based on debuffs. This is why Thrawn led teams are good. Except my Thrawn at 262, all my arena toons are between 205 and 215 speed, so less than R2, CLS, Leia, or even Han.

I've just passed my Krennic 5* to gear 11, not yet tested in GW. I still don't have any zeta on DT. I hesitate to use him in arena because he's too squishy and I think not viable without the zeta on DT.

yes, zeta on DT is needed for Krennic. Without this Krennic shouldnt be used in Arena. With Palp(g10) I got rank 30 in arena. I cannot go higher and I think that playing without Krenic is the reason. I will use him when Krenic will be g10( 2 pieces left). I wonder which tank should be faster? Storm or Shore?
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

@melisa you're right I have higher speed mods, but don't forget that cls and r2 have way more natural speed than all my imperials (except for Thrawn) .
    I didn't post that video to show that any empire team can win on auto, I posted it to show you that even with Thrawn stunned by zolo, that team can win without GK , also if you observed that Storm taunted 4 times is less than 2 minutes, while you said that he'll be useless once dispelled.
    Also I can't try my GK in that spot because he has been at g6 for ages.
    Btw this pic happened seconds ago, I took it just after GK group hug on my Storm (the protectin gain replaced the damage dealt)

https://postimg.org/image/1473imxiaz
    1473imxiaz
  • Options

yes, zeta on DT is needed for Krennic. Without this Krennic shouldnt be used in Arena. With Palp(g10) I got rank 30 in arena. I cannot go higher and I think that playing without Krenic is the reason. I will use him when Krenic will be g10( 2 pieces left). I wonder which tank should be faster? Storm or Shore?

I prefer Storm, because cls will always open with dispelling shore with buff immunity, so you need someone to protect Thrawn.
  • Options

@melisa you're right I have more speed, but don't forget that cls and r2 have way more natural speed than my imperials (except for Thrawn).
    I didn't post that video to show that any empire team can win on auto, I posted it because you said that empire without GK will lose if Thrawn gets stunned by zolo, also you can see in the video that Storm taunted 4 times in less than 2 minutes while you said that he'll be useless once dispelled.
    Also I can't try GK in that spot because mine has been at g6 for ages.
    Btw this just happened, I took a pic just after GK's group hug against my Storm , the protection gained overweighted the damage dealt by the attacks:

https://s1.postimg.org/10nhkx4flb/image.png
  • Options
    I haven't read all 118 pages, but why stormtrooper instead of Nihilus? Wouldn't the dispel, cooldown increase, and Annihilate make this team that much more deadly? (Yes, Deathtrooper has cooldown increase. Why not double it?)
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options

@melisa you're right I have more speed, but don't forget that cls and r2 have way more natural speed than my imperials (except for Thrawn).
    I didn't post that video to show that any empire team can win on auto, I posted it because you said that empire without GK will lose if Thrawn gets stunned by zolo, also you can see in the video that Storm taunted 4 times in less than 2 minutes while you said that he'll be useless once dispelled.
    Also I can't try GK in that spot because mine has been at g6 for ages.
    Btw this just happened, I took a pic just after GK's group hug against my Storm , the protection gained overweighted the damage dealt by the attacks:

https://s1.postimg.org/10nhkx4flb/image.png

Wow, this is very good:). Kenobi would be half way out of protection after this.