Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    There is something we are not seeing.
    I never wanted to believe vets were required and even now that I do think so
    I feel they will make it possible for a ftp person to get Rey.
    Nothing in this game has been ptp ONLY.
    NOTHING.
    Not to unlock anyways.
    I'm still confident that devs will be as fair as they have been in the past. They way they will do that is a mystery to me but I'm still hoping they won't let us all down
  • Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    There is something we are not seeing.
    I never wanted to believe vets were required and even now that I do think so
    I feel they will make it possible for a ftp person to get Rey.
    NOTHING.
    Not to unlock anyways.
    I'm still confident that devs will be as fair as they have been in the past. They way they will do that is a mystery to me but I'm still hoping they won't let us all down

Rebellions are built on hope ...

Let’s rebel!
  • Options
    In order to be fair Rey will start her Journey in her solo flash missions helping Jawas on Tatooine defeat waves of OP Tuskins. The rewards will be Rey based and Chewie RoS shards.

Her journey will start rescuing B.B.-8 from the vile Underworld Police. She will then meet the Tuskin Shaman who will give her a Force vision, after defeating his entire tribe of 8 waves of various tuskins she must face alone. She will then meet Lobot who with her new friends Under World Police and Ugnaught face off against Greedo, Dengar and Zam. The reward is +10 RoS Chewie shards. Her final battle is with Nute Gunray who has teamed up with Kylo Ren and Boba Fett.

• Options
    You know, as I'm contemplating the best way to get the Vets for Rey's Hero Journey, and whether I should spend money on crystal shipments or forego my hard node farming to save crystals for it, I'm realizing, this is a game that I want to have fun at. Getting enraged at something like the Vets being required is not fun.

So, I'll start farming them when they hit. I'll continue to hoard my currencies, but if they make it impossible to get Rey in a reasonable manner (as requiring both vets on a 16 energy cantina node is one of the biggest cash grabs they've ever made, if you make certain assumptions about when the hero's journey is) and the game is not fun without her, then I will simply have to quit. If the game is still fun without her, then I will continue.

It's as simple as that.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    You know, as I'm contemplating the best way to get the Vets for Rey's Hero Journey, and whether I should spend money on crystal shipments or forego my hard node farming to save crystals for it, I'm realizing, this is a game that I want to have fun at. Getting enraged at something like the Vets being required is not fun.

So, I'll start farming them when they hit. I'll continue to hoard my currencies, but if they make it impossible to get Rey in a reasonable manner (as requiring both vets on a 16 energy cantina node is one of the biggest cash grabs they've ever made, if you make certain assumptions about when the hero's journey is) and the game is not fun without her, then I will simply have to quit. If the game is still fun without her, then I will continue.

It's as simple as that.

giphy.gif
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    VS Han - farmable on Cantina node 8G

VS Chewie - farmable on Cantina node 8F
  • Darth_Keith
    189 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NM, read the Android offer wrong.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    VS Han - farmable on Cantina node 8G

VS Chewie - farmable on Cantina node 8F

Good news for P2P :(
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

It's as simple as that.

Or you could get her the second time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    What's more difficult to farm?
    Toons for cls or resistantance with bb8?

this isn't even close...FO with two of the toons in hard nodes only (and FOTP occassionally in . I would have FOST 7* by now if he was in Arena. Not to mention trying to farm them both at the same time.
    Pfizzy wrote: »
    And they moved me into the mega thread so that it can't be or won't be seen. Off to Reddit.

I saw your posts because they are in the megathread, not despite of it. In a random thread without activity, I would have never bothered to read it.

Also, Rey's Journey won't have spoilers of the new movie. It will be like Luke's Journey, focused only on one movie.

Luke's journey had 7 phases to it to fully unlock him. If that stays true then here's my guess on the Rey phases:
    Stage 1: BB8, Finn, and Rey in the market against FO storm troopers
    Stage 2: Millenium Falcon ship battle
    Stage 3: Veteran Smugglers, Finn, BB8, and Rey against either those monsters or smugglers
    Stage 4: Veteran Smugglers, Finn and Rey in battle at Maas's Palace
    Stage 5: Rey (on her own) fights FOST on Starkiller base
    Stage 6: Rey watches VS Han die (like Old Ben/Vader in CLS event)
    Stage 7: Rey and Finn fight Kylo

So, based on that, the Veteran Smugglers would absolutely be needed. Can't think of 3-4 other stages that can be added in her story that don't include them. Well ****....

What about R2? without the remaining piece of the map, they would never find Old Man Luke.
  • SWGAMER6
    539 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The only thing we really have to go on is the CLS Heroes Journey. So it looks like all 7* toons will be required. However IF you are F2P you ain't getting New Rey at all the 1st time if the Vet's are required.
  • Options
    Is it better to spend crystals on veteran shards in Shipments or use them on refreshes in Cantina Battles?
    To get Han and Chewie that is.
  • Jaegar
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    DelFunk wrote: »
    Is it better to spend crystals on veteran shards in Shipments or use them on refreshes in Cantina Battles?

Cantina Crystal Cost

If we go by a 33% drop rate in Cantina & basing it off you being on 3* 15/30 for both characters then it's going to take 15 days per character if you do 6 refreshes, which will cost you 1100 Crystals per day = 16,500 Crystals for 1x 7* Toon

Source: http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/CantinaPlanner

We're gonna have a day or 2 of double drops which will reduce that further / help offset unlucky days where you don't hit 33%

Shipments Crystal Cost

Same scenario as above (3* 15/30) buying shards from the Shipments store = 80 crystals per shard x265 = 21,200 Crystals for 1x 7* Toon

If we assume we have between 14-21 days to farm these characters then that would indicate we don't have time to farm both with 1 method so likely gonna have to use both methods to get both to 7*

Obviously if you're further ahead than 3* 15/30 then Cantina looks the cheaper option provided the odds come around.

Also concentrating on one toon with one method and one with the other might not work out either since which toon tips up in the Shipments store is random, probably 50% chance of either, could be weighted, could still start seeing lots of the toon you're farming in Cantina.

That's how I've figured it anyway, could be wrong, would be good if someone could double check and correct me if I'm wrong - though hard to check that since basing it off assumptions of 14-21 days :)
  • Options
    I’ve been buying shards from the store since they were added, and Han Solo is about 20 shards ahead of Chewbacca. He has appeared a little bit more often.
  • Options
    It’ll be announced probably a week away from the event.

The only thing that’s for sure is you’ll need Rey (Scavenger), specifically, and other characters from The Force Awakens, so work on those.

We’ve only had one Hero’s Journey event in the past, so people are saying this will be a copy and paste of Luke’s, and while that’s certainly possible, it’s still speculative.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The new Rey is clearly being set up as only accessible to whales and people who are top 10 in arena and fleet arena.
  • Options
    Jaegar wrote: »

Cantina Crystal Cost

If we go by a 33% drop rate in Cantina & basing it off you being on 3* 15/30 for both characters then it's going to take 15 days per character if you do 6 refreshes, which will cost you 1100 Crystals per day = 16,500 Crystals for 1x 7* Toon

We're gonna have a day or 2 of double drops which will reduce that further / help offset unlucky days where you don't hit 33%

Shipments Crystal Cost

Same scenario as above (3* 15/30) buying shards from the Shipments store = 80 crystals per shard x265 = 21,200 Crystals for 1x 7* Toon

If we assume we have between 14-21 days to farm these characters then that would indicate we don't have time to farm both with 1 method so likely gonna have to use both methods to get both to 7*

Obviously if you're further ahead than 3* 15/30 then Cantina looks the cheaper option provided the odds come around.

Also concentrating on one toon with one method and one with the other might not work out either since which toon tips up in the Shipments store is random, probably 50% chance of either, could be weighted, could still start seeing lots of the toon you're farming in Cantina.

That's how I've figured it anyway, could be wrong, would be good if someone could double check and correct me if I'm wrong - though hard to check that since basing it off assumptions of 14-21 days :)
    Jaegar wrote: »

Cantina Crystal Cost

Shipments Crystal Cost

I like converting it to shards per energy.

At a 1/3 drop rate on a 16 energy node it is roughly 48 energy per shard.
    Since shipment costs are 80 per shard, as long as we're beating 48 energy/80 crystals, the cantina node is more efficient. That converts to .6 energy per Crystal.

100 Crystal refresh is 1.2 energy per Crystal.
    200 Crystal refresh is .6 energy per Crystal

So cantina is better at 100 Crystal refreshes and breaks even with shipments at 200 Crystal refreshes (of course you get other things this is just about shards so it's technically better still)

TLDR: If you're spending more than 900 crystals on this a day, then do shipments rather than a 7th refresh. Otherwise cantina is better.
  • Options
    Read the post people. We were told what we’ll need to participate. EA even used the exact words:

“To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero's Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.”

Its funny to see so many of you go through weeks of useless stressing, speculating & panic farming because you didn’t read what EA wrote. They told us exactly what we needed for the CLS when they announced it, & they just did the same for the Rey event.

Anyway...good luck to everyone for the upcoming event!! May the Schwartz be with you!!!

• Options
    Thank you so much for the anniversary gifts! That was amazing...i had a faint heart attack after opening the email with the Chewie shards first before realizing that was the first of many things to come! Well done, guys!
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    ... all other tiers and battles have to involve Rey.

Have to? Why? Because Rey's Hero's Journey has to be exactly like Luke's Hero's Journey?

I love all the speculation on this forum. lol
    Because it’s Rey’s Journey, not Han or Chewbaca’s. Han’s death would be a part of Kylo Ren’s journey, if at all.

I say
    Dons wrote: »
    Read the post people. We were told what we’ll need to participate. EA even used the exact words:

“To participate, players will need the scavenger version of Rey, currently available in the game. You can look forward to playing as Rey (Scavenger) in her Hero's Journey event, in support of the worldwide theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi this December.”

Its funny to see so many of you go through weeks of useless stressing, speculating & panic farming because you didn’t read what EA wrote. They told us exactly what we needed for the CLS when they announced it, & they just did the same for the Rey event.

Anyway...good luck to everyone for the upcoming event!! May the Schwartz be with you!!!

It says to "participate". I was able to participate in the Cls event. I did not get cls because I did not have the required characters at the required star level. But I was able to participate still. See how that works.

And just to let you know participating sucks when you know you are not going to get another shot until six months later.
  • Options
    Rey, bb8, Finn, Vet Han and Chewie
  • Options
    And hopefully not the Falcon, which came up in the store today.....

===============================================================================

https://swgoh.gg/g/757/weltraum-piraten/

https://swgoh.gg/u/chakyth/

May the force be with you ..... und der Klabautermann!
  • Options
    Chakyth wrote: »

The falcon was added to a hard node close to a month ago. It is farmable for F2P players.
  • Options
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    Chakyth wrote: »

The falcon was added to a hard node close to a month ago. It is farmable for F2P players.

Even if you rerfresh the node every day as many times as the game allows you, it is still not possible to 7* it by now.
  • Options
    Is it Star Killer base Rey or whatever she will become in the new movie
  • Options
    I have a feeling it may be with veterans Han and Chewie, they got farm nodes much earlier then the normal release cadence. So could be Rey, Finn, bb8, and Veterans
    I'm hoping it won't be 7* but seems likely, She's gonna be good we know that!
    I wonder if requirements aren't first order tho they've really been pushing first order Phasma and FO Tie Pilot and his ship 2 months in a row. BB-8 event and Unmasked Kylo I think there's more to it then just those events. Some event is coming for them may or may not be Rey's hero's journey
  • Options
    If not this version then next version will definitely be CLS level most likely better tho
  • Options
    NOTHING.

Rex, Echo, Cody, Sun Fuc, Maul... They were all p2p before the fleet store
This discussion has been closed.